• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:01
CEST 17:01
KST 00:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20265Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9770 users

If TL was Real ID only, I would - Page 5

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Wolfsinus
Profile Joined March 2010
United States22 Posts
July 09 2010 17:40 GMT
#81
Personally, I do not see why everyone hates people seeing their real name.
"To the man who made it, it's just a single, small croissant. But it is one giant leap for the bread industry."
Murderotica
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Vatican City State2594 Posts
July 09 2010 17:49 GMT
#82
Not change my behavior. Nothing will ever get me to do that.
ǝsnoɥ ssɐlƃ ɐ uı sǝuoʇs ʍoɹɥʇ ʇ,uop || sıʇɹoɟ ɹǝdɯǝs
Genjimaru
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Canada515 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 18:04:06
July 09 2010 18:03 GMT
#83
On July 10 2010 02:40 Wolfsinus wrote:
Personally, I do not see why everyone hates people seeing their real name.


This. I voted for not changing my behavior
hejakev
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden518 Posts
July 09 2010 18:22 GMT
#84
I like to keep my real life and my private/gaming life separate. I really don't want my facebook friends thinking all I do is play computer games (which I totally do).
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
July 09 2010 18:58 GMT
#85
On July 09 2010 13:51 Chrispy wrote:
My real name is Chris Brown so yeah, good luck finding me on Google.


I have just haxx0red into your computer and found all your pr0ns. You have many pr0ns. Will d3l3t3.

+ Show Spoiler +
Oops. I haxx0red the wrong Chris Brown. 9999999 Chris Brown's to go.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
Verilan
Profile Joined March 2009
United States67 Posts
July 09 2010 20:01 GMT
#86
Well it's a problem that this poll's answers contain too much bias.

I don't particularly care for Real ID but if I'm objectively answering this question, then it'd be "post with more care" and I suspect that's how a lot of people would alter their behavior if the system was forced on them.

"Post more, it's better" is obviously a sarcastic option and has no place in a serious poll. "Post less or differently" bundles up anyone who would choose "post with more care" as a negative.

Well anyway... my gut answer was "not post and browse tl only" when confronted with those choices and it just goes to show what direction this kind of phrasing will skew the answers.
teekesselchen
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany886 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 21:03:05
July 09 2010 20:59 GMT
#87
I wouldn't change much to me, although most of my real life friends are unrelated to any kind of pc gaming scene so they probably wouldn't understand why I have many posts on certain community pages if they'ld google my name. Since my plan is to study medicine and become a doctor I'm also not very scared that some future employer would google me and think I'ld spend too much time on the internet or reveal my personal life too much or something.

I don't tend to troll or insult people unless they are so stupid that I'ld insult them in real life as well so no changes for me. I'ld rather care on certain other internet pages :X
When they were introduced, he made a witticism, hoping to be liked. She laughed extremely hard, hoping to be liked. Then each drove home alone, staring straight ahead, with the very same twist to their faces.
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
July 09 2010 21:04 GMT
#88
I wouldn't change my posting habits because I don't troll, and it seems like this community wouldn't have stalkers. People are worried so much on the Battle.net forums because it is a way bigger community (not in terms of quality though, LOL) so they might have stalkers there, especially if you're a girl. Also people wouldn't be able to troll on Bnet forums either. >_>
Ghardo
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Germany1685 Posts
July 09 2010 21:05 GMT
#89
Not change my behaviour. Some people know me irl anyway so yeah, no big deal.
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
July 09 2010 21:08 GMT
#90
Would probably still post a bit. As long as only registered users were able to see my name, and not just google searchers.
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
Kuzmorgo
Profile Joined May 2009
Hungary1058 Posts
July 09 2010 21:51 GMT
#91
I dont understand how it would force people to use their real name? Like you would have to pay to post? or how?
cause i surely wont publicize my real name if i could easily write a fake one.
"No, whine not! Play, or play not! There is no whine."
hejakev
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden518 Posts
July 09 2010 22:01 GMT
#92
Kevin Johnson here. Good luck googling me.
4 people on my facebook friends are named Kevin Johnson.
3 people I went to high school with are named Kevin Johnson.
2 people named Kevin Johnson played professional sports in the US.
and 1 Kevin Johnson looks just like me but we're arch enemies.
Saturnize
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States2473 Posts
July 09 2010 22:10 GMT
#93
I chose stop going to TL all together because there would be nothing to look at >.>
"Time to put the mustard on the hotdog. -_-"
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
July 09 2010 22:24 GMT
#94
Guys gave me a good idea. im going to go around as Zaraki Kenpachi.
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
Megalisk
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States6095 Posts
July 09 2010 22:49 GMT
#95
I'd make a fake name..simple.
Tear stained american saints and dirty guitar dreams across a universe of desert and blue sky , gas station coffee love letters and two dollar pistol kisses from thirty five dollar hotel room stationary .
CraftyStars
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada47 Posts
July 09 2010 23:51 GMT
#96
For all we know these ARE peoples real name. How would team liquid make sure that we were using our real name?
"The queen forces a creep tumor out of her bowels" WTF?! Gotta love the Zerg
InTheFade
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1721 Posts
July 10 2010 00:01 GMT
#97
Half of us would just re-register with fake names anyway... My real name is goofy, too. I don't wanna get teased again T_T
... Knowmsayin'?
TriniMasta
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1323 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-10 00:21:31
July 10 2010 00:21 GMT
#98
Blizzard should just do first name and last name initial.
For example Billy Pumpkin (I got bored) = Billy P.
And I voted not change my behavior, Christopher isn't such a noncommon name, and my last name, ehhh... it's not that weird. I mean it's asian so how diverse can it be.
정명훈 FIGHTING!!! Play both T and P.
geno
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1404 Posts
July 10 2010 00:33 GMT
#99
Teamliquid's CURRENT success and amazingly high (by comparison) average post quality really exemplifies the virtues of strong moderation. Therefore, I strongly doubt a switch to RealID would net any quality gains for a forum like TL; it would seem more likely that it would actually reduce quality by causing many current quality posters to stop posting.

So, if it were implemented here, I'd probably not post and just browse, so long as the site continued to retain its relevance with the SC scenes. If that began to fade as well, I'd probably eventually give it up altogether
meegrean
Profile Joined May 2008
Thailand7699 Posts
July 10 2010 01:17 GMT
#100
Anonymity is my main reason for speaking freely on the Internet.
Brood War loyalist
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
MaxPax 296
OGKoka 250
Codebar 35
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48629
Calm 4396
Shuttle 2293
Bisu 1640
FanTaSy 1534
Mini 914
Soma 652
EffOrt 636
Rush 510
Stork 342
[ Show more ]
Light 284
Hyuk 263
firebathero 242
Snow 219
ZerO 175
actioN 128
Barracks 116
Zeus 87
Dewaltoss 82
Killer 75
hero 72
Hyun 40
Pusan 39
ToSsGirL 36
Sharp 36
Shinee 35
Free 27
Bale 27
PianO 25
Shine 22
Aegong 21
sorry 17
HiyA 15
yabsab 14
zelot 14
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7366
Dendi1015
League of Legends
KnowMe20
Counter-Strike
x6flipin206
kRYSTAL_97
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes564
Lowko437
Other Games
singsing2214
hiko1797
B2W.Neo341
byalli262
Hui .194
Livibee189
Liquid`VortiX178
Mew2King67
Trikslyr39
mouzStarbuck36
Rex26
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 61
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2488
Other Games
• Shiphtur181
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 14m
Replay Cast
7h 59m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.