• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:01
CEST 17:01
KST 00:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20265Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9770 users

If TL was Real ID only, I would - Page 7

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Lucid90
Profile Joined September 2008
Canada340 Posts
July 10 2010 17:16 GMT
#121
Im assuming real ID is when there is some way to authenticate that you are posting as your real name, via facebook or something else. If this happenes and it becomes mandatory, I will stop posting and I think a large majority of people will too. On the internet you are anonymous and you can say and do whatever you want, and if you all the sudden stop beign anonymous, the things you say online can come to haunt you IRL. Imagine companies seraching your post history in TL 5 years after you made the post to learn more about you or people you know searching what you said about abortion years ago.

I don't like the idea.
My sc2 account: http://www.sc2ranks.com/us/1296221/LuciD
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
July 10 2010 19:36 GMT
#122
I voted "Not Change" simply because of how comfortable I am with this site and the people here. If I was newer or had not gotten to know so many people from here I would definitely not have started posting.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
July 10 2010 19:55 GMT
#123
I voted not change my behavior but in all honestly I barely post anymore anyways so you can even change that to post less or differently seeing as I already started doing that a few months ago.
bconSaberRider
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany47 Posts
July 10 2010 19:58 GMT
#124
TL would not need such things.
ppl are nice here - only a few haters *^^*
kaleidoscope
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Singapore2887 Posts
July 11 2010 00:34 GMT
#125
As a member of TL in a small country, exposing my real name is still an abiguity to others.
대지따라 돌린게 시간이다.. 흘러가고 돌아오지도 않고..
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
July 11 2010 00:43 GMT
#126
Hey guys who voted "Not post and browse TL only" you realize that there would be nothing to read >.>
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Khul Sadukar
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1735 Posts
July 11 2010 00:50 GMT
#127
I used to be completely paranoid. Creating an online identity and keeping it completely seperate from RL (all fake information). Unfortunately over the years of having to buy stuff online, my real info is already out there. Little point trying to hide it.

As for using real name for forums and such, I dont think is too much of a big deal (except for the whole privacy violation). In terms of gaming though I think it could lead to RL griefing if you get that odd psychotic person who you pissed off that happens to live locally. Of course thats the worst case scenario but these days I dont think its beyond the realm of possibility..
I don't want to be part everything. I want to be something. - Weapon X
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
July 11 2010 03:30 GMT
#128
I wouldn't change :p
POGGERS
Runsta
Profile Joined March 2008
United States161 Posts
July 11 2010 03:41 GMT
#129
I wouldn't change. I already just lurk, only posting here and there when I feel the need to. Like now.
Ouga
Profile Joined March 2008
Finland645 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-11 03:45:53
July 11 2010 03:43 GMT
#130
Some people like to flame and have forumwars. I wouldn't want to end up in one of those hostile situations about non-important stuff with real name. It sounds more violent to see "Firstname Lastname is retard" than "internet lol nick is an idiot".
Spyfire242
Profile Joined March 2009
United States715 Posts
July 11 2010 05:45 GMT
#131
On July 09 2010 12:09 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
everyone knows my name anyways lol


First name in last name control?
Entusman #55 Spyfire242!
xenom00t
Profile Joined February 2009
United States162 Posts
July 11 2010 07:42 GMT
#132
only browse for sure. id rather not be going around and giving my real name to everyone on the internet. even on the bliz forums.
IdrA, letting me know its OK to rage :]
domane
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada1606 Posts
July 11 2010 07:51 GMT
#133
I chose "post less or differently". I would avoid arguing with other users, but otherwise follow the same routine.
SneakPeek
Profile Joined April 2010
Philippines162 Posts
July 11 2010 11:09 GMT
#134
if it were real id system it wouldnt matter to me. im not the type of person who BMs if my idol gamer loses. nor if i get BMed by any other player here. and i always say to myself when i encounter such people, "i dont need to stoop down too their level so i dont need to BM..." =p
Julmust
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Sweden4867 Posts
July 11 2010 12:18 GMT
#135
On July 11 2010 09:43 flamewheel wrote:
Hey guys who voted "Not post and browse TL only" you realize that there would be nothing to read >.>


hmmm... I think this would affect the SC2 forum the most. And its utter crap. So the crap would dissapear.. OMG! REAL ID FOR TL PLZ!
AdministratorI'm dancing in the moonlight
WGT-Baal
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
France3566 Posts
July 11 2010 13:32 GMT
#136
I wouldnt change, as i trust the community of TL, plus my name can be found on any wgt-related stuff...

The main difference with Blizzard s forum is TL acxtually has good mods....

But it would be a little problem to know who posted what...a nickname is easier to remember than a full name
Horang2 fan
Madkipz
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Norway1643 Posts
July 11 2010 14:00 GMT
#137
it makes more sense here and its less of an omg factor, TL is just a fansite for sc / sc2.

I am indifferent and would not change my posting behaviour.
"Mudkip"
Biff The Understudy
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France8195 Posts
July 11 2010 15:15 GMT
#138
I wonder if it's a serious question.

I wouldn't come anymore. Is the concept of private life losing any meaning nowadays? Why on earth would I want people I know irl to be able to know what I write on a gaming website? I laughed out loud when I learnt that bnet forum would be real id from now on.

I mean, seriously.
The fellow who is out to burn things up is the counterpart of the fool who thinks he can save the world. The world needs neither to be burned up nor to be saved. The world is, we are. Transients, if we buck it; here to stay if we accept it. ~H.Miller
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
July 11 2010 15:33 GMT
#139
pple already know my name lolol
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
July 11 2010 16:39 GMT
#140
Oh, thought "Real ID" was about secondary accounts and all that instead of using actual name. In that case, no. I try very hard to prevent personal information loss through the internet.
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
MaxPax 296
OGKoka 250
Codebar 35
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48629
Calm 4396
Shuttle 2293
Bisu 1640
FanTaSy 1534
Mini 914
Soma 652
EffOrt 636
Rush 510
Stork 342
[ Show more ]
Light 284
Hyuk 263
firebathero 242
Snow 219
ZerO 175
actioN 128
Barracks 116
Zeus 87
Dewaltoss 82
Killer 75
hero 72
Hyun 40
Pusan 39
ToSsGirL 36
Sharp 36
Shinee 35
Free 27
Bale 27
PianO 25
Shine 22
Aegong 21
sorry 17
HiyA 15
yabsab 14
zelot 14
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7366
Dendi1015
League of Legends
KnowMe20
Counter-Strike
x6flipin206
kRYSTAL_97
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes564
Lowko437
Other Games
singsing2214
hiko1797
B2W.Neo341
byalli262
Hui .194
Livibee189
Liquid`VortiX178
Mew2King67
Trikslyr39
mouzStarbuck36
Rex26
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 61
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2488
Other Games
• Shiphtur181
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 14m
Replay Cast
7h 59m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.