• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:01
CEST 17:01
KST 00:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20265Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9770 users

If TL was Real ID only, I would - Page 3

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
stet_tcl
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Greece319 Posts
July 09 2010 08:19 GMT
#41
"Not change my behavior"

Mind you this applies to TL only. I'd probably stop posting on any other site.
Delvin
Profile Joined August 2007
Finland141 Posts
July 09 2010 08:58 GMT
#42
On July 09 2010 17:19 stet_tcl wrote:
"Not change my behavior"

Mind you this applies to TL only. I'd probably stop posting on any other site.

o.O people really think it's the worst thing in the history of the Internet if Blizz does this, but perfectly fine if an unofficial community site is behind it? Currently only 58% voted to stop posting here, as opposed to 78% in the poll for the Bnet forums. You'd think the same arguments would work against TL (zomg that guy is pro-MBS, let's start harassing them irl!).
sashkata
Profile Joined September 2008
Bulgaria3241 Posts
July 09 2010 09:00 GMT
#43
Post a lot less, mostly browse.
TheTester
Profile Joined March 2010
United States172 Posts
July 09 2010 09:39 GMT
#44
I honestly don't care. The only way someone could harm me by knowing my real name is if they use it to look up where I live (mind you, that's not put anywhere on the internet, you can only find the university I go to), then proceed to annoy me in real life, which I'm pretty sure is prosecutable by law to begin with.

Plenty of people I play with know my real name anyway, so finding that out for someone willing to go such lengths wouldn't even be that hard.
Mykill
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada3402 Posts
July 09 2010 09:45 GMT
#45
TL is just like any other site
not post. start browsing.

If i have a realID I'd like privacy like facebook (but better because fb sucks)
[~~The Impossible Leads To Invention~~] CJ Entusman #52 The problem with internet quotations is that they are hard to verify -Abraham Lincoln c.1863
Mactavian
Profile Joined December 2009
Canada60 Posts
July 09 2010 10:44 GMT
#46
Yeah, I never post anything on the net with my real name. Doesn't seem smart to me.
Nothing is impossible, only too expensive.
Hcti
Profile Joined June 2010
Australia13 Posts
July 09 2010 10:46 GMT
#47
As I don't post much anyway I chose "Not change my behaviour" but I TL is moderated well and so douche bags and trolls move on fairly quickly so I wouldn't be afraid to have my name in this community
nttea
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Sweden4353 Posts
July 09 2010 11:13 GMT
#48
Wouldn't change my behaviour, if someone wanted to find out my name i'm sure they could.
Tiwo
Profile Joined March 2009
Netherlands306 Posts
July 09 2010 11:40 GMT
#49
I understand that people don't like to that their name posted, but I don't care and I will never care about. Even my nicknames are part of my real name, Tiwo, Wolf, Flow, etc.
And ofc. who says A has to say B, so here I go: Tim Wolf!
Rabiator
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany3948 Posts
July 09 2010 11:45 GMT
#50
Actually this is a kinda moot question (since the TL staff cant prove I am not Robert Kotick) OR it is missing one key answer:

I would make a fake name and post as much as I wanted to with that.

The intention of the poll is clear, however I am trusting TL a million times more than Blizzard with my data, since they are not currently making money from the site and dont have greedy shareholders who demand big profits. So this poll *should* be held over at Battlenet and not here.
If you cant say what you're meaning, you can never mean what you're saying.
Schnake
Profile Joined September 2003
Germany2819 Posts
July 09 2010 11:46 GMT
#51
On July 09 2010 17:58 Delvin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2010 17:19 stet_tcl wrote:
"Not change my behavior"

Mind you this applies to TL only. I'd probably stop posting on any other site.

o.O people really think it's the worst thing in the history of the Internet if Blizz does this, but perfectly fine if an unofficial community site is behind it? Currently only 58% voted to stop posting here, as opposed to 78% in the poll for the Bnet forums. You'd think the same arguments would work against TL (zomg that guy is pro-MBS, let's start harassing them irl!).

Well, because it is the worst idea ever. And 58% intending to stop posting is hardly "perfectly fine". A A lot of the same arguments do work against TL but weigh differently.
"Alán Shore" and "August Terran" @ LoL EUW - liquidparty
Husky
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3362 Posts
July 09 2010 11:48 GMT
#52
I would honestly stop posting.
Commentaries: youtube.com/HuskyStarcraft
misirlou
Profile Joined June 2010
Portugal3316 Posts
July 09 2010 11:49 GMT
#53
i would stop posting, however TL has a so much better moderation than Bnet, so i would come here read
check mate
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany39 Posts
July 09 2010 12:03 GMT
#54
I still don't get how real id should stop trolling...
a lot of people say: "Yeah, i will enjoy the fact that there will be less trolling etc..."
I dont see a difference if someone is going to be banned as user1 or as Bobby Steward
(he will still return as user2 or Bobby Stewart)
I suppose on blizzard forum they would go as far as to ask for proof:
"So you're Bobby Steward?"
"Yeh..."
"Driving licence!"
"..."
And I don't have a doubt, that this Real ID stuff will also be used during gameplay...

Anyway, back to the Poll:

I think, that I would still read the forum tough or post under a fake name...
Tuke
Profile Joined January 2009
Finland1666 Posts
July 09 2010 12:39 GMT
#55
I wouldn't change my behaviour, but I still prefer forums not to be RealID
TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #42
Thrill
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
2599 Posts
July 09 2010 12:40 GMT
#56
I would stop visiting completely, the entire entertainment value would be gone and the whole thing would turn into a facebook group.
Delvin
Profile Joined August 2007
Finland141 Posts
July 09 2010 12:48 GMT
#57
On July 09 2010 20:46 Schnake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2010 17:58 Delvin wrote:
On July 09 2010 17:19 stet_tcl wrote:
"Not change my behavior"

Mind you this applies to TL only. I'd probably stop posting on any other site.

o.O people really think it's the worst thing in the history of the Internet if Blizz does this, but perfectly fine if an unofficial community site is behind it? Currently only 58% voted to stop posting here, as opposed to 78% in the poll for the Bnet forums. You'd think the same arguments would work against TL (zomg that guy is pro-MBS, let's start harassing them irl!).

Well, because it is the worst idea ever. And 58% intending to stop posting is hardly "perfectly fine". A A lot of the same arguments do work against TL but weigh differently.

Wasn't saying it's a good idea, but that technically it's "fine" for the other 42%. Anyway, the main point was that there's a 20% difference between the results even though the setting hasn't really changed at all. All the people who could find your information at Bnet forums could do it almost as easily at TL (I assume it'd be a little easier to make the connection between a game character and a real person at bnet forums, but the point stands).
Corrupt
Profile Joined August 2009
Bulgaria1312 Posts
July 09 2010 12:59 GMT
#58
On July 09 2010 18:00 sashkata wrote:
Post a lot less, mostly browse.

LOL what? You'r ID actualy IS a variation of your real name dude.
Just a guy trying to enjoy living in the worst timeline and failing miserably since 1990.
Count9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China10928 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 13:00:37
July 09 2010 13:00 GMT
#59
Where's the, "Make new username with fake name option?"

Edit: I guess that's kinda post differently :/
speedphlux
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Bulgaria962 Posts
July 09 2010 13:01 GMT
#60
I would've never posted on TL.net if it had that RealID BS or something even remotely close to that.
Just ... awful ! Who comes up with those ideas ?!
... Humanity Is Not What I Suffer From ...
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
MaxPax 296
OGKoka 250
Codebar 35
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48629
Calm 4396
Shuttle 2293
Bisu 1640
FanTaSy 1534
Mini 914
Soma 652
EffOrt 636
Rush 510
Stork 342
[ Show more ]
Light 284
Hyuk 263
firebathero 242
Snow 219
ZerO 175
actioN 128
Barracks 116
Zeus 87
Dewaltoss 82
Killer 75
hero 72
Hyun 40
Pusan 39
ToSsGirL 36
Sharp 36
Shinee 35
Free 27
Bale 27
PianO 25
Shine 22
Aegong 21
sorry 17
HiyA 15
yabsab 14
zelot 14
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7366
Dendi1015
League of Legends
KnowMe20
Counter-Strike
x6flipin206
kRYSTAL_97
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes564
Lowko437
Other Games
singsing2214
hiko1797
B2W.Neo341
byalli262
Hui .194
Livibee189
Liquid`VortiX178
Mew2King67
Trikslyr39
mouzStarbuck36
Rex26
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 61
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2488
Other Games
• Shiphtur181
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 14m
Replay Cast
7h 59m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.