• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:01
CEST 17:01
KST 00:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20265Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9770 users

If TL was Real ID only, I would - Page 2

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Slaanash
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada2 Posts
July 09 2010 04:00 GMT
#21
I really don't know if I'd post or now, but I'd still visit this place, for sure.

Not that I post much anyways.
"War is not about who is right. It's about who is left."
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
July 09 2010 04:04 GMT
#22
I would be the same, since my ID contains my name anyways. TL is my family and friends, and we even have irl meets. TL is a community, not a tool like Blizzard forums. Blizzard forums are used by anyone and everyone, it isn't a community, it's just for getting updates and technical support.
-ReMeDy-
Profile Joined June 2010
United States46 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 04:10:37
July 09 2010 04:09 GMT
#23
I would post the same, only because I'm usually not one to start flame wars or make enemies, so I could care less if people know my name. Still though, I certainly don't see how it could make too many people post MORE, as denoted by the poll, so there seems little benefit to making such a switch imho. The current TL approach seems perfect as is.
"Every minute outside SC is a minute someone else improves."
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 04:27:23
July 09 2010 04:26 GMT
#24
I wouldn't change my behavior. Many people on TL already know my real name, and if you care to know, I'm sure you could find it. I can't say I'd post more because I already spam TL too much as it is.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
mcneebs
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada391 Posts
July 09 2010 04:47 GMT
#25
I wouldn't change much. I think that privacy on the internet is really only an illusion. If someone wants to find out who you are, they can.
You do it to yourself. Just you. You and no one else.
kohkomo
Profile Joined January 2008
Canada135 Posts
July 09 2010 04:48 GMT
#26
Lol "Stop visiting TL completely"... this raises a couple questions
I'm sure if our old posts were kept hidden (# of posts kept). Then people can start new (And still browse!)! Refering to change my behavior option.

Looks like I'm with the majority here though, just continue browsing
Three Proline Tickets, If I lose Then I quit
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
July 09 2010 04:51 GMT
#27
My real name is Chris Brown so yeah, good luck finding me on Google.
Retvrn to Forvms
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
July 09 2010 05:19 GMT
#28
It doesn't really matter to me.
Chances of being trolled if everyone had it seems relatively slim. So, whatever.
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
July 09 2010 05:19 GMT
#29
On July 09 2010 13:51 Chrispy wrote:
My real name is Chris Brown so yeah, good luck finding me on Google.


Epic generic name. lol.

I chose browse TL. I don't post much as it is, and my last name is family unique, as it's been Americanized (oh how I miss my old last name. sigh.) and anyone with it is a relative. So I'm an easy find.
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
July 09 2010 05:31 GMT
#30
Not change my behaviour. I wouldn't vote "post more" since I spam the site too much already. Hell if there are people who know my name.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
July 09 2010 05:32 GMT
#31
I don't think my behaviour would change too much, I'd probably still post. I might find it harder to remember people though.
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
July 09 2010 05:53 GMT
#32
On July 09 2010 14:31 flamewheel wrote:
Not change my behaviour. I wouldn't vote "post more" since I spam the site too much already. Hell if there are people who know my name.

This. I wouldn't change, but I'd enjoy the lesser amount of trolling.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Solai
Profile Joined September 2009
204 Posts
July 09 2010 06:38 GMT
#33
Here i might even consider posting with my real name, as this one of the few properly moderated forums. But I guess Is till would lurk around like most of the time, even with nicks^^
Monokeros
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States2493 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 06:49:56
July 09 2010 06:42 GMT
#34
Don't care if people on TL know my real name, heck I don't care so much if blizzard customers figure it out, but if I had to choose between the two I'd be okay with TL. TL is chill, I'm cool with everyone on TL, except for roffles that guy should be dancing.
Keep the Dream Alive twitch.tv/monokerros
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
July 09 2010 07:01 GMT
#35
I voted stop visiting altogether but that's a lie

I'd probably just be mad and nerd rage a lot but still visit, kind of like how I get mad and nerd rage at bad programming/balance in sc2 but still play it.
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
llloveoov
Profile Joined September 2007
Chile20 Posts
July 09 2010 07:03 GMT
#36
a l33t h4ckz0r like me would never use real ID
Ioannis
Profile Blog Joined February 2005
Greece62 Posts
July 09 2010 07:30 GMT
#37
bah .... old school gamers like starcraft gamers shouldnt go on real ids .... We are the inventors of smurfing.. we should stick to nicknames
:)
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
July 09 2010 08:05 GMT
#38
I would probably post less since I don't really like my surname.
Cow
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada1104 Posts
July 09 2010 08:11 GMT
#39
Browse only |:
R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
snpnx
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany454 Posts
July 09 2010 08:14 GMT
#40
Real ID sucks. A lot.
"Language is Freeware, in that it's free to use, but it's not Open Source, so you can't just change things how you like."
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
MaxPax 296
OGKoka 250
Codebar 35
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48629
Calm 4396
Shuttle 2293
Bisu 1640
FanTaSy 1534
Mini 914
Soma 652
EffOrt 636
Rush 510
Stork 342
[ Show more ]
Light 284
Hyuk 263
firebathero 242
Snow 219
ZerO 175
actioN 128
Barracks 116
Zeus 87
Dewaltoss 82
Killer 75
hero 72
Hyun 40
Pusan 39
ToSsGirL 36
Sharp 36
Shinee 35
Free 27
Bale 27
PianO 25
Shine 22
Aegong 21
sorry 17
HiyA 15
yabsab 14
zelot 14
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7366
Dendi1015
League of Legends
KnowMe20
Counter-Strike
x6flipin206
kRYSTAL_97
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes564
Lowko437
Other Games
singsing2214
hiko1797
B2W.Neo341
byalli262
Hui .194
Livibee189
Liquid`VortiX178
Mew2King67
Trikslyr39
mouzStarbuck36
Rex26
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 61
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2488
Other Games
• Shiphtur181
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 14m
Replay Cast
7h 59m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.