• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:01
CEST 17:01
KST 00:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20265Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9770 users

If TL was Real ID only, I would - Page 4

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
July 09 2010 13:18 GMT
#61
Would not change my behavior. (TBH it's easier to remember other people by their online handles rather than actual names, so that might be a problem)
:)
SoL[9]
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Portugal1370 Posts
July 09 2010 13:21 GMT
#62
Not post and browse TL only.

Even tho this is a community of BW, SC2 there is to many sick people.
Special the mind of a nerd...
I Can Fly...
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
July 09 2010 13:21 GMT
#63
On July 09 2010 12:09 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
everyone knows my name anyways lol

Same. Many of our top posters have their names known and some have even gone beyond that by staying in each other's houses or sharing hotel rooms, etc. People share much more personal information than their names. Even Zia, who the community had every reason to hate, had his real identity outed haha.I think there are some notable exceptions like Sonuvbob who I certainly wouldn't want to lose as a poster.

And then we have http://www.teamliquid.net/tsld/players/
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
3nickma
Profile Joined November 2007
Denmark1510 Posts
July 09 2010 13:51 GMT
#64
If TL was Real ID only, I would... still post L E E J A E D O N G ! <3 comments
L E E J A E D O N G ! <3
EchOne
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2906 Posts
July 09 2010 14:07 GMT
#65
On July 09 2010 21:48 Delvin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2010 20:46 Schnake wrote:
On July 09 2010 17:58 Delvin wrote:
On July 09 2010 17:19 stet_tcl wrote:
"Not change my behavior"

Mind you this applies to TL only. I'd probably stop posting on any other site.

o.O people really think it's the worst thing in the history of the Internet if Blizz does this, but perfectly fine if an unofficial community site is behind it? Currently only 58% voted to stop posting here, as opposed to 78% in the poll for the Bnet forums. You'd think the same arguments would work against TL (zomg that guy is pro-MBS, let's start harassing them irl!).

Well, because it is the worst idea ever. And 58% intending to stop posting is hardly "perfectly fine". A A lot of the same arguments do work against TL but weigh differently.

Wasn't saying it's a good idea, but that technically it's "fine" for the other 42%. Anyway, the main point was that there's a 20% difference between the results even though the setting hasn't really changed at all. All the people who could find your information at Bnet forums could do it almost as easily at TL (I assume it'd be a little easier to make the connection between a game character and a real person at bnet forums, but the point stands).

Some people may believe that the risk of drawing harassment from heated arguments is lower here because TL is moderated and thus some undesirables are filtered out. I feel that many TL-netters have a measure of pride in their community and strive for at least a semblance of civility in their altercations. I get annoyed at sentiments like, "BW is a low quality game." or "Protoss is easy mode even above the C ranks." but I'm not about to act like a child about it, and I believe a significant portion of my fellows here wouldn't either.

Of course marketers/information traders, account hackers, and employers would all gain almost the same info on the poster and his/her gaming habits via real names on TL as on the Blizzard forums. Some people just aren't concerned about that. I believe someone mentioned this in the main thread, but to reiterate: people without sensitive property or information to be compromised, without relatives or loved ones to protect, or without the prospect of undergoing a job search have nothing to be worried about. People ignorant or in denial of specific risks also, in their own minds, have nothing to worry about.

I would only browse if TL implemented this (I'm aware this poll is most likely rhetorical), at least until a superior Starcraft community arises.
面白くない世の中, 面白くすればいいさ
Tuke
Profile Joined January 2009
Finland1666 Posts
July 09 2010 14:07 GMT
#66
I just noticed that GTR is now Anthony Wilson
TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #42
Lightningbullet
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States507 Posts
July 09 2010 14:26 GMT
#67
WHAT IS REAL ID???
BoxeR is AWESOME!!!!//Proud 2nd Member of the BW>SC2 club.
Coraz
Profile Joined May 2010
United States252 Posts
July 09 2010 14:34 GMT
#68
Anyone saying this is good has drunk too much kool-aid

please delete your account
Dr. Stan is my hero ((: - http://www.soundwaves2000.com/radio_liberty/
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 15:00:24
July 09 2010 14:57 GMT
#69
WE could learn a lot about tdotkrayz with Real ID.

Also, I'd stop visiting because if we had to display our names, according to the 2000 U.S. Census I'm the only person in the country with the name I have, and from my experience it's not common in other places around the world.

Using a fake name ftw

EDIT: My main opposition for Real ID is if the kid I'm terrorizing one day goes on TL and finds my blog. Then I'd be seriously fucked.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Eatme
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
Switzerland3919 Posts
July 09 2010 14:58 GMT
#70
Since about 2/3 of the posters would dissappear I doubt I would stay. And if 2/3 of the posters dissapear the discussions would die down significantly and TL would slowly die.

On the other hand I have 10k+ posts on a community where I use my real name.
I have the best fucking lawyers in the country including the man they call the Malmis.
Corrupt
Profile Joined August 2009
Bulgaria1312 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 15:12:59
July 09 2010 15:12 GMT
#71
Also real names would be much more harder to remember, than simple nicknames. Imagine everyone with their real name.. Who is who? lol so confusing!
It's easy for you Anthony Wilson, with your big knife.

On July 09 2010 23:58 Eatme wrote:
Since about 2/3 of the posters would dissappear I doubt I would stay. And if 2/3 of the posters dissapear the discussions would die down significantly and TL would slowly die.

On the other hand I have 10k+ posts on a community where I use my real name.


TL.net cannot be killed! TL fighting together 'till the very end of things.
Just a guy trying to enjoy living in the worst timeline and failing miserably since 1990.
sashkata
Profile Joined September 2008
Bulgaria3241 Posts
July 09 2010 15:30 GMT
#72
On July 09 2010 21:59 Corrupt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2010 18:00 sashkata wrote:
Post a lot less, mostly browse.

LOL what? You'r ID actualy IS a variation of your real name dude.

You sure about that?
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
July 09 2010 15:32 GMT
#73
Hmm Grobyc has leaked my name somewhere!
Also lolol GTR
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
July 09 2010 15:36 GMT
#74
At any rate, we're already keeping 4chan out, why do we need more security?
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Flameberger
Profile Joined March 2010
United States227 Posts
July 09 2010 15:59 GMT
#75
I dont use my real last name for anything I do on the internet, including b.net and facebook. so my behavior would be unchanged.
JayDee_
Profile Joined June 2010
548 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 16:18:41
July 09 2010 16:16 GMT
#76
Seriously, who put "Not change my behavior"? I don't want some raged nerd sending me pizza's. It makes sense for the pro's because everybody knows who they are anyway.
Incognitodies
Profile Joined April 2008
United Kingdom184 Posts
July 09 2010 16:34 GMT
#77
On July 10 2010 01:16 JayDee_ wrote:
Seriously, who put "Not change my behavior"? I don't want some raged nerd sending me pizza's. It makes sense for the pro's because everybody knows who they are anyway.

Real ID only = free pizzas? I might have to start posting on the bnet forums
simme123
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Sweden810 Posts
July 09 2010 16:39 GMT
#78
I don't have a problem with Real id however I can see how it could effect some people in a bad way.
XsebT
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Denmark2980 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 16:52:07
July 09 2010 16:46 GMT
#79
Stop visiting TL completely<-
I wouldn't want to spend my time with idiots.
Everyone should be allowed privacy on the internet, if they wish to.
화이팅
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
July 09 2010 17:09 GMT
#80
Lets keep TL as is...perfect!
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
MaxPax 296
OGKoka 250
Codebar 35
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48629
Calm 4396
Shuttle 2293
Bisu 1640
FanTaSy 1534
Mini 914
Soma 652
EffOrt 636
Rush 510
Stork 342
[ Show more ]
Light 284
Hyuk 263
firebathero 242
Snow 219
ZerO 175
actioN 128
Barracks 116
Zeus 87
Dewaltoss 82
Killer 75
hero 72
Hyun 40
Pusan 39
ToSsGirL 36
Sharp 36
Shinee 35
Free 27
Bale 27
PianO 25
Shine 22
Aegong 21
sorry 17
HiyA 15
yabsab 14
zelot 14
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7366
Dendi1015
League of Legends
KnowMe20
Counter-Strike
x6flipin206
kRYSTAL_97
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes564
Lowko437
Other Games
singsing2214
hiko1797
B2W.Neo341
byalli262
Hui .194
Livibee189
Liquid`VortiX178
Mew2King67
Trikslyr39
mouzStarbuck36
Rex26
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 61
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2488
Other Games
• Shiphtur181
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 14m
Replay Cast
7h 59m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.