• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:24
CEST 11:24
KST 18:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8475 users

Power Rank 05/31/2010

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 34 35 36 Next All
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
May 31 2010 13:51 GMT
#1
CBNC:
free - I really wanted to put you in this ranking, I really did. But unfortunately those losses to Flash were REALLY brutal and it clearly had an impact on your psychological game. Here's hoping you pick up your play in June
Calm - I was tempted to put you in ahead of Shine, but you just kinda fizzled out towards the end of the month. Why is it that the moment I start thinking you've regained your form you just crumble
Hyuk - you've been playing well, I want to see more before you get to the ranking though
Stats - as with Hyuk, you've been playing well, but I want to see more before you get to the ranking.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-31 13:58:13
May 31 2010 13:54 GMT
#2
earliest powerrank i can remember

I like how flash get's a negative remark in him loosing more than usual. When he goes 18-6 for 75% winning. Just goes to show how dominating he has been.
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
J1.au
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia3596 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-31 13:56:26
May 31 2010 13:55 GMT
#3
It's 5 minutes early*!

*in Australia
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
May 31 2010 13:57 GMT
#4
Spot on
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
Tianx
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States1196 Posts
May 31 2010 14:00 GMT
#5
#5 is reeeeeeally reaching for someone who's never qualified for a starleague before.

Also lol at saying Effort would have been #2 if game three of that series looked the same as the first two. He'd be lucky to even be in the top 5.
Intrigue: "as i've said to many others your troubles in life may be directly correlated to your dirty protoss icon"
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
May 31 2010 14:03 GMT
#6
Super-fast PR! Good job, Plexa.
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
Inkblood
Profile Joined February 2010
United States463 Posts
May 31 2010 14:07 GMT
#7
I love this months power ranking. Good job getting it up so fast.

I'm really happy Baby's been doing so well, his play is just so fun to watch.
SubtleArt
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
2710 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-31 14:12:28
May 31 2010 14:10 GMT
#8
Snow is way way way way way way way way to high. Theres just something about a Protoss who can only (ONLY) PvT and nothing else that annoys me. Kinda like watching a TvZ only Terran (COUGH RUBY MASSIVE BELOW 30% TVP COUGH). If you watch Snow's games against zerg, their horrible. Look at the list of shitty zergs hes lost to. Of course its too late to determine if hes going to end up being a 1 matchup player but right now it sure as hell looks like it and until he doesn't suck massively vs zerg I don't think he deserves to be that high. Losing games to Hyuk (twice) and Roro but beating players like Really and Flash convincingly indicates a massive skill difference between PvZ and PvT

Also, I'd still put Jaedong in front of effort simply cause Jaedong has been on fire this month and Effort really hasn't beaten great people (other than flash but I refuse to count a failed BBS and a failed 14CC as wins displaying skill).
Morrow on ZvP: "I'm not very confident in general vs Protoss because of the imbalance (Yes its imbalanced, get over it)."
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
May 31 2010 14:17 GMT
#9
Look, look! I was mentioned of being right about something.

And we really have a very strong top4 this month. This makes me happy as a SC fan.
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
May 31 2010 14:21 GMT
#10
On May 31 2010 23:17 SuperArc wrote:
Look, look! I was mentioned of being right about something.

And we really have a very strong top4 this month. This makes me happy as a SC fan.

Congratulations

You must be happy about top 5 too.
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
ZBiR
Profile Blog Joined August 2003
Poland1092 Posts
May 31 2010 14:41 GMT
#11
On May 31 2010 23:17 SuperArc wrote:
Look, look! I was mentioned of being right about something.

First time in your life? Congratulations then.
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-31 14:58:29
May 31 2010 14:57 GMT
#12
I found this the best PR in a long time (even though as a JD fan it makes me want to cry to see him as #3!!). You have to admire that Plexa did this so dispasionnatly after all (effort doesn't suck lol). I still think that Effort could be #1 this month because of his 4-2 record against Flash (it is after all a monthly ranking), but I'm fine with Flash to ofc. Sadly I too think JD really have to take a break or go on a vacation or something and come back when protoss can beat terran again...
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
May 31 2010 15:07 GMT
#13
Though I'm fine with Effort as #2, I'm not so sure about the assessment that Jaedong "needs to take a trip to Thailand". Apart from one bad day, Jaedong has been destroying left and right. For the most part, his games have been amazing. Take the Bo5 against Calm for example -- no one expected Calm to reach the final, and it was the most natural thing in the world when Jaedong delivered.

What Jaedong needs is a team that doesn't consistently make his efforts in Proleague meaningless.
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
May 31 2010 15:12 GMT
#14
Disagree about Jaedong needing a break, he lost ONCE the entire month other than the MSL final.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
May 31 2010 15:18 GMT
#15
On May 31 2010 23:17 SuperArc wrote:
Look, look! I was mentioned of being right about something.

And we really have a very strong top4 this month. This makes me happy as a SC fan.
\
I'm a fan of the whole top 7. Some veterans, players on the rise, and a total newcomer to make it interesting,

This'll be a fun month. But also, (Z)Princess on the CNBC, imo.
+ Show Spoiler +
Kidding, kidding. But I have high hopes for this kid.

ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
[Azn]Nada
Profile Joined April 2009
United States275 Posts
May 31 2010 15:20 GMT
#16
Well, even though jaedong has been destroying, his uninspired play in the msl and physical demeanor tells me something's wrong; yesterday i was showing the msl finals vods to a friend, and the first thing he realized was "jaedong looks starved". Seriously, I think he needs a break.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
May 31 2010 15:24 GMT
#17
What the fuck is Fantasy doing on the PR?
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Kwanroller
Profile Joined April 2010
Afghanistan459 Posts
May 31 2010 15:25 GMT
#18
On May 31 2010 23:17 SuperArc wrote:
Look, look! I was mentioned of being right about something.

And we really have a very strong top4 this month. This makes me happy as a SC fan.


Congratulations, you must be so proud of yourself.
J1.au
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia3596 Posts
May 31 2010 15:31 GMT
#19
On May 31 2010 23:57 Elroi wrote:
I found this the best PR in a long time (even though as a JD fan it makes me want to cry to see him as #3!!). You have to admire that Plexa did this so dispasionnatly after all (effort doesn't suck lol). I still think that Effort could be #1 this month because of his 4-2 record against Flash (it is after all a monthly ranking), but I'm fine with Flash to ofc. Sadly I too think JD really have to take a break or go on a vacation or something and come back when protoss can beat terran again...

It's not a "monthly ranking", it's a Power Rank that's released monthly. That difference is what keeps Flash #1. He is, as most people would agree, the more powerful player this month.
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
May 31 2010 15:41 GMT
#20
I saw the power rank and immediately thought Hot Bid did it.
1 2 3 4 5 34 35 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech0
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 404
Horang2 277
Larva 232
EffOrt 161
Mind 77
Hyun 61
scan(afreeca) 43
Killer 40
Bale 39
NotJumperer 39
[ Show more ]
Sharp 27
sorry 25
ggaemo 24
Shinee 18
Hm[arnc] 12
Sacsri 5
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto101
League of Legends
JimRising 422
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1157
edward80
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King105
Other Games
summit1g7875
Coldzera 687
ceh9655
Happy295
crisheroes195
Sick187
dupreeh65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick567
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2279
League of Legends
• Jankos1115
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
36m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 36m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 36m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.