• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:44
CEST 13:44
KST 20:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12523 users

DreamHack Valencia - Preview - Page 9

Forum Index > News
260 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 14 Next All
SayTT
Profile Joined August 2004
Sweden2158 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 10:55:13
September 16 2011 10:54 GMT
#161
On September 16 2011 17:59 bbm wrote:
Wow, naniwa's interview was so depressing. Can't believe he actually let himself say those things. Not just the being protoss is suffering stuff, I mean, that's reasonable, but he's getting himself down and his attitude is just not a winners one. He says he's gonna stay in korea but he says this?
Show nested quote +

Hm, as my mindset is right now I don't feel good about my chances in anything, but if I can fix it, I think I have a reasonable chance against anyone as long as I practice hard and don't get demotivated by seeing every protoss lose every game in every tournament around me.


That's just so depressing and self-deprecating.


Well you have to take into account that most swedish people comes from a social cultural background where Jantes Law is buried deep. But I do not think it translates to a weak mindset, infact I think it strengthens people.
-,-
Vildhjarta
Profile Joined September 2011
Sweden126 Posts
September 16 2011 11:17 GMT
#162
On September 16 2011 19:54 SayTT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 17:59 bbm wrote:
Wow, naniwa's interview was so depressing. Can't believe he actually let himself say those things. Not just the being protoss is suffering stuff, I mean, that's reasonable, but he's getting himself down and his attitude is just not a winners one. He says he's gonna stay in korea but he says this?

Hm, as my mindset is right now I don't feel good about my chances in anything, but if I can fix it, I think I have a reasonable chance against anyone as long as I practice hard and don't get demotivated by seeing every protoss lose every game in every tournament around me.


That's just so depressing and self-deprecating.


Well you have to take into account that most swedish people comes from a social cultural background where Jantes Law is buried deep. But I do not think it translates to a weak mindset, infact I think it strengthens people.


I agree with that it strengthens people. Jantes law is always portraited as a bad thing but I wouldn't agree.
No man has ever been entirely and completely himself. Yet each one strives to become that, one in an awkward, the other in a more intelligent way, each as best he can. - Hermann Hesse, Demian
Atrimex
Profile Joined July 2011
193 Posts
September 16 2011 11:18 GMT
#163
Huk > ThorZain 2:1
Idra < Hero 1:2
Nani > Rain 2:0
DRG < LucifroN 1:2

Huk > Hero 2:1
Nani < LucifroN 1:2

LucifroN > Huk 2:0

That would be fun
Nifel
Profile Joined June 2010
706 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 11:24:59
September 16 2011 11:18 GMT
#164
I wonder why Nani has stuck with Protoss anyway. I mean, all races have had their up and downs so I'm not taking that into account. However, in my eyes two of Nani's greatest strengths were always his micro and timings, and I feel as a Terran he could have capitalized more on those.

Either way, wish him the best, and he's got my sympathies. It must be hard to come form the absolute top of the foreign scene, and then go to Korea and realize you've been playing a different game all along.
Olinim
Profile Joined March 2011
4044 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 11:35:20
September 16 2011 11:33 GMT
#165
On September 16 2011 20:17 Vildhjarta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 19:54 SayTT wrote:
On September 16 2011 17:59 bbm wrote:
Wow, naniwa's interview was so depressing. Can't believe he actually let himself say those things. Not just the being protoss is suffering stuff, I mean, that's reasonable, but he's getting himself down and his attitude is just not a winners one. He says he's gonna stay in korea but he says this?

Hm, as my mindset is right now I don't feel good about my chances in anything, but if I can fix it, I think I have a reasonable chance against anyone as long as I practice hard and don't get demotivated by seeing every protoss lose every game in every tournament around me.


That's just so depressing and self-deprecating.


Well you have to take into account that most swedish people comes from a social cultural background where Jantes Law is buried deep. But I do not think it translates to a weak mindset, infact I think it strengthens people.


I agree with that it strengthens people. Jantes law is always portraited as a bad thing but I wouldn't agree.

"The term refers to a mentality which refuses to acknowledge individual effort and places all emphasis on the collective, while punishing those who stand out as achievers.
"Don't think you are good at anything."
"Don't think anyone cares about you."

Sounds strengthening to me. :/. I actually wasn't aware that many people of that background hold this mindset, unfortunate imo.
Nifel
Profile Joined June 2010
706 Posts
September 16 2011 11:44 GMT
#166
On September 16 2011 20:33 Olinim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 20:17 Vildhjarta wrote:
On September 16 2011 19:54 SayTT wrote:
On September 16 2011 17:59 bbm wrote:
Wow, naniwa's interview was so depressing. Can't believe he actually let himself say those things. Not just the being protoss is suffering stuff, I mean, that's reasonable, but he's getting himself down and his attitude is just not a winners one. He says he's gonna stay in korea but he says this?

Hm, as my mindset is right now I don't feel good about my chances in anything, but if I can fix it, I think I have a reasonable chance against anyone as long as I practice hard and don't get demotivated by seeing every protoss lose every game in every tournament around me.


That's just so depressing and self-deprecating.


Well you have to take into account that most swedish people comes from a social cultural background where Jantes Law is buried deep. But I do not think it translates to a weak mindset, infact I think it strengthens people.


I agree with that it strengthens people. Jantes law is always portraited as a bad thing but I wouldn't agree.

"The term refers to a mentality which refuses to acknowledge individual effort and places all emphasis on the collective, while punishing those who stand out as achievers.
"Don't think you are good at anything."
"Don't think anyone cares about you."

Sounds strengthening to me. :/. I actually wasn't aware that many people of that background hold this mindset, unfortunate imo.


Imoho I think it's a healthy mindset. While people learn just how insignificant they are as individuals, they also learn how to cope with it. They'll never put themselves above another, and know not to worry about pointless things. Sounds perfect to me.
bbm
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom1320 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 12:11:27
September 16 2011 11:53 GMT
#167
On September 16 2011 19:54 SayTT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 17:59 bbm wrote:
Wow, naniwa's interview was so depressing. Can't believe he actually let himself say those things. Not just the being protoss is suffering stuff, I mean, that's reasonable, but he's getting himself down and his attitude is just not a winners one. He says he's gonna stay in korea but he says this?

Hm, as my mindset is right now I don't feel good about my chances in anything, but if I can fix it, I think I have a reasonable chance against anyone as long as I practice hard and don't get demotivated by seeing every protoss lose every game in every tournament around me.


That's just so depressing and self-deprecating.


Well you have to take into account that most swedish people comes from a social cultural background where Jantes Law is buried deep. But I do not think it translates to a weak mindset, infact I think it strengthens people.


Surely it translates to a lack of interest in striving to excel above your peers though? Does it not strip competition in exchange for equality and meekness. While I think this is a perfectly fine approach for a township or whatever to approach, I just can't see this translating well into a pro-gaming environment.

clearly it's fine though given sweden's pretty excellent output of gamers so whatever i guess i'm wrong D:

edit: I had a think about it, and actually, now that I realise that you also judge everyone else by these criteria as well as be judged by others, I don't think it's as bad as it first appears (although i'm still not bowled over by it, especially since, for example, naniwa has a massive fanbase telling him that no, he IS a somebody). If you can look at someone very self-confident like MC or whoever and honestly think to yourself "you aren't special or noteworthy", then yeah that's always pretty good.
By.Sun or By.Rain, he always delivers
Matkap
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Spain627 Posts
September 16 2011 11:54 GMT
#168
in 24 hourse i will be entering the venue, so pumped!
A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on after him, and in that way he becomes immortal.
MandoRelease
Profile Joined October 2010
France374 Posts
September 16 2011 11:54 GMT
#169
So what are the major reasons that Protoss is underpowered in Korea right now?

I would have to write a essay about that and I don't feel like it. But mainly the lack of scouting available early game makes protoss have to guess way too much for them to be able to consistently win without taking insane risks.


That sounds familiar. That's an issue every race has to deal with. Zerg has been dealing with it and been pointing it out since release, Terran have troubles too to a certain extent. So yeah, completely agree with naniwa, but it's not limited to the protoss race at all.
When you play the game of drones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground. Huge IMLosirA fan.
Olinim
Profile Joined March 2011
4044 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 12:02:18
September 16 2011 12:00 GMT
#170
On September 16 2011 20:44 Nifel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 20:33 Olinim wrote:
On September 16 2011 20:17 Vildhjarta wrote:
On September 16 2011 19:54 SayTT wrote:
On September 16 2011 17:59 bbm wrote:
Wow, naniwa's interview was so depressing. Can't believe he actually let himself say those things. Not just the being protoss is suffering stuff, I mean, that's reasonable, but he's getting himself down and his attitude is just not a winners one. He says he's gonna stay in korea but he says this?

Hm, as my mindset is right now I don't feel good about my chances in anything, but if I can fix it, I think I have a reasonable chance against anyone as long as I practice hard and don't get demotivated by seeing every protoss lose every game in every tournament around me.


That's just so depressing and self-deprecating.


Well you have to take into account that most swedish people comes from a social cultural background where Jantes Law is buried deep. But I do not think it translates to a weak mindset, infact I think it strengthens people.


I agree with that it strengthens people. Jantes law is always portraited as a bad thing but I wouldn't agree.

"The term refers to a mentality which refuses to acknowledge individual effort and places all emphasis on the collective, while punishing those who stand out as achievers.
"Don't think you are good at anything."
"Don't think anyone cares about you."

Sounds strengthening to me. :/. I actually wasn't aware that many people of that background hold this mindset, unfortunate imo.

Imoho I think it's a healthy mindset. While people learn just how insignificant they are as individuals, they also learn how to cope with it. They'll never put themselves above another, and know not to worry about pointless things. Sounds perfect to me.

If you're gonna take a big picture look at it, you could just as easily say humanity is completely insignificant too. Doesn't mean your personal accomplishments are worthless and should be completely discouraged, being completely defined by a giant collective. Horrible and harmful mindset IMO. Off topic though so PM me if you have a response.
NeThZOR
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
South Africa7387 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 12:05:05
September 16 2011 12:01 GMT
#171
Spectacular write-up, thanks! Dreamhack Valencia will be awesome indeed, and I really hope that some of those predictions regarding Korean domination will not come into effect
SuperNova - 2015 | SKT1 fan for years | Dear, FlaSh, PartinG, Soulkey, Naniwa
dsll
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom143 Posts
September 16 2011 12:15 GMT
#172
Wow hes going to start learning korean? He's serious about this! I just really hope that MVP let him stay for longer than 2week!
Madera
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden2672 Posts
September 16 2011 12:18 GMT
#173
Awesome write-up. I can't wait for the tournament to begin!
PDizzle
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark1754 Posts
September 16 2011 12:22 GMT
#174
amazing naniwa interview :D
Minored
Profile Joined April 2011
Brazil88 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 12:38:05
September 16 2011 12:37 GMT
#175
how a thread like this doesn't highlight the date of the tournament ? D:

nice read nonetheless
go ahead, make my day.
Jiddra
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2685 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 13:20:35
September 16 2011 12:38 GMT
#176
Great content, def a tournament I won't miss. Aftonbladet is trying to sell memberships with their HD feed and exclusive interviews and stuff, so I will probably stick to the main english feed.

Edit:

And worth mentioning is probably the best hype video ever, amazing graphics!


I am not young enough to know everything.
Andre
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Slovenia3523 Posts
September 16 2011 12:58 GMT
#177
And I thought I couldn't respect Naniwa even more, even if his attitude isn't exactly the most confident one it's still realistic and I really like that. If you blind yourself with arrogance you're going down sooner or later.

Naniwa fighting!
You must gather your party before venturing forth.
raVenwomBat
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany15 Posts
September 16 2011 13:02 GMT
#178
Caaaant wait! (T)ThorZaIN is gonna Rock!

Also i love that its at a convenient time for us europeans! I can watch it without destroying my beloved sleep schedule... ;-)

DerBeefman
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany226 Posts
September 16 2011 13:08 GMT
#179
Great tournament with sick linuep! Made my weekend haha
extended thermal lances aka extended imbalances
FreedonNadd
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria573 Posts
September 16 2011 13:16 GMT
#180
I really enjoyed the Naniwa interview. Thank you. Hope DH has some nice surprises for all of us.
Some people wear Superman pajamas, but Superman has Day[9] pajamas.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings110
CranKy Ducklings SOOP32
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko270
ProTech127
SHIN 112
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25735
Hyuk 1277
Shuttle 1102
Bisu 1064
Mind 867
Larva 317
firebathero 272
Mini 264
Soma 189
EffOrt 170
[ Show more ]
Last 133
Leta 123
ZerO 91
Zeus 79
Pusan 76
Hyun 67
Hm[arnc] 56
sorry 38
PianO 36
Sexy 36
Killer 33
Bale 29
Trap 28
Aegong 27
ToSsGirL 27
hero 23
yabsab 14
Noble 12
JulyZerg 8
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Dendi943
XcaliburYe606
XaKoH 370
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1527
Other Games
gofns35237
singsing2431
B2W.Neo824
crisheroes281
Happy198
DeMusliM178
OGKoka 167
Mew2King119
Livibee100
ArmadaUGS64
ZerO(Twitch)6
ToD4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream174
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 62
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8132
League of Legends
• Jankos1688
Other Games
• WagamamaTV169
Upcoming Events
FEL
4h 16m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 16m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 16m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 16m
INu's Battles
1d
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.