• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:09
CEST 21:09
KST 04:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8669 users

[OSL] RO16 - Week 1 & 2, Korean Air Season II - Page 3

Forum Index > News
74 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Doughboy
Profile Joined April 2010
United States721 Posts
August 09 2010 18:33 GMT
#41
On August 10 2010 03:23 motbob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2010 03:11 Doughboy wrote:
In terms of Jaedong winning over Hydra with a BO advantage (12 pool vs 9 pool respectively), didn't the exact same thing happen to ZerO in GSM oz vs stars, and ZerO won?..I could be wrong on what build ZerO used, but I thought he used a 9 pool. I didn't watch Jaedong vs Hydra so maybe JD didn't FE or something in that game like he did against ZerO. Somebody correct the poor noob that is me please :<

Uh, yes. I should have specified 12 pool gas as opposed to 12 pool expand. One of those builds could conceivably die to a 9 pool, and the other could not.

Back when Jaedong was losing ZvZs left and right during a certain period last year (he lost to Effort in a Bo3, and then to Calm in a Bo5 about a month later) he kept 12 pool expanding when it wasn't safe against 9 pools. I hope he isn't going to start making that mistake again.


Ah thanks for the clarification that makes more sense.
"Don't be distracted by the what if's, should'ves, and if onlys. The one thing you choose yourself - THAT is the truth of your universe." Fav T: Sea, Leta, Really Fav P: Free, Snow Fav Z: ZerO, GGplay, Jaedong, Neo.G_Soulkey
0rganism
Profile Joined June 2010
United States7 Posts
August 09 2010 18:35 GMT
#42
Not saying it would have altered the outcome, but I sure would have liked to see Zero throw a couple scourge at Flash's cc flying in at the 2 and then infest it right as it landed - maybe broodling a tank on the way in? C'mon Zero - show us some of that sweet queen love! If he'd done that, maybe we'd be admiring "that awesome/hilarious/futile/defiant/spirited queen maneuver", instead of forgetting a turret-heavy mech grinder.

That said, Leta, Sea, and Flash all seem to be playing very solidly, and I've enjoyed all their games so far. Especially Leta and his wraiths - his takedown of Effort was flawless, as far as I could tell. Just one nice move after another, proceeding to an inevitable outcome. Could all 3 end up in the semis? Hmm, not sure I want to see that much TvT...
QWERTY
damon2400
Profile Joined April 2009
United States172 Posts
August 09 2010 18:51 GMT
#43
I love you for putting vod links in the original post, thanks.
night terrors
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
China1284 Posts
August 09 2010 19:02 GMT
#44
So bisu really did break Kwarks heart didnt he?
Through high and low, bisu boy, through high and low.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44361 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-09 20:30:57
August 09 2010 20:15 GMT
#45
On August 09 2010 17:18 motbob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2010 17:15 Heimatloser wrote:

Player Ratings
Flash: 6/10
Flash had it very easy, since his opponent refused to defend. In an interview, Flash mentioned he had never expected the game to end outright with the rush, and he just took the gift as it came. Still, it was perfect execution in a very advantageous situation.

so you get 6 of 10 for perfect execution these days?
or does it have to anything with flash being flash?

Kwark hates Flash, everyone knows that. There's a 6/10 ceiling on any games Flash play.

I did not write that particular report. Quit slandering me. Something I did write was.
On July 28 2010 03:56 Waxangel wrote:
Flash, bonjwa. Enough said.

On August 10 2010 04:02 night terrors wrote:
So bisu really did break Kwarks heart didnt he?

Every PvT game twists the knife further.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
August 09 2010 20:52 GMT
#46
I think that ZerO's lategame macro is even better than Jaedong's or Effort's but that's just me.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-09 21:16:19
August 09 2010 21:16 GMT
#47
On August 10 2010 03:23 motbob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2010 03:11 Doughboy wrote:
In terms of Jaedong winning over Hydra with a BO advantage (12 pool vs 9 pool respectively), didn't the exact same thing happen to ZerO in GSM oz vs stars, and ZerO won?..I could be wrong on what build ZerO used, but I thought he used a 9 pool. I didn't watch Jaedong vs Hydra so maybe JD didn't FE or something in that game like he did against ZerO. Somebody correct the poor noob that is me please :<

Uh, yes. I should have specified 12 pool gas as opposed to 12 pool expand. One of those builds could conceivably die to a 9 pool, and the other could not.

...Every 12pool expand build zvz gets pool and gas before expanding.
Moderator。◕‿◕。
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
August 09 2010 21:31 GMT
#48
Bisu vs effort getting close! Come on rev, show your stuff
▲ ▲ ▲
Black Gun
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Germany4482 Posts
August 09 2010 21:42 GMT
#49
really nice write-up. bisu vs effort is the game of the last 2 days imho. although flash vs hiya and leta vs action could turn out very well too.
"What am I supposed to do against this?" - "Lose!" :-]
night terrors
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
China1284 Posts
August 09 2010 22:35 GMT
#50
On August 10 2010 05:15 KwarK wrote:

Show nested quote +
On August 10 2010 04:02 night terrors wrote:
So bisu really did break Kwarks heart didnt he?

Every PvT game twists the knife further.


I understand, its sad to know that the guy has such a high skill ceiling and has yet to find a mental frame to support it.
Through high and low, bisu boy, through high and low.
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33706 Posts
August 09 2010 23:15 GMT
#51
On August 10 2010 05:15 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2010 17:18 motbob wrote:
On August 09 2010 17:15 Heimatloser wrote:

Player Ratings
Flash: 6/10
Flash had it very easy, since his opponent refused to defend. In an interview, Flash mentioned he had never expected the game to end outright with the rush, and he just took the gift as it came. Still, it was perfect execution in a very advantageous situation.

so you get 6 of 10 for perfect execution these days?
or does it have to anything with flash being flash?

Kwark hates Flash, everyone knows that. There's a 6/10 ceiling on any games Flash play.

I did not write that particular report. Quit slandering me. Something I did write was.
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2010 03:56 Waxangel wrote:
Flash, bonjwa. Enough said.

Show nested quote +
On August 10 2010 04:02 night terrors wrote:
So bisu really did break Kwarks heart didnt he?

Every PvT game twists the knife further.


man, you should edit your quotes so it quotes the correct writer. I'd never call flash bonjwa -_-
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Doughboy
Profile Joined April 2010
United States721 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-09 23:58:13
August 09 2010 23:58 GMT
#52
On August 10 2010 05:15 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2010 17:18 motbob wrote:
On August 09 2010 17:15 Heimatloser wrote:

Player Ratings
Flash: 6/10
Flash had it very easy, since his opponent refused to defend. In an interview, Flash mentioned he had never expected the game to end outright with the rush, and he just took the gift as it came. Still, it was perfect execution in a very advantageous situation.

so you get 6 of 10 for perfect execution these days?
or does it have to anything with flash being flash?

Kwark hates Flash, everyone knows that. There's a 6/10 ceiling on any games Flash play.

I did not write that particular report. Quit slandering me. Something I did write was.
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2010 03:56 Waxangel wrote:
Flash, bonjwa. Enough said.

Show nested quote +
On August 10 2010 04:02 night terrors wrote:
So bisu really did break Kwarks heart didnt he?

Every PvT game twists the knife further.


Maybe if Bisu transfers his high temp micro in PvZ to his PvT he'll do better :O
"Don't be distracted by the what if's, should'ves, and if onlys. The one thing you choose yourself - THAT is the truth of your universe." Fav T: Sea, Leta, Really Fav P: Free, Snow Fav Z: ZerO, GGplay, Jaedong, Neo.G_Soulkey
SilverSkyLark
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Philippines8437 Posts
August 10 2010 00:12 GMT
#53
I died after I watched Zero vs Flash, it was so painful. I never thought you can turtle that hard.
"If i lost an arm, I would play w3." -IntoTheWow || "Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk cafe. He's the next Jaedong, baby!"
Adron
Profile Joined February 2010
Netherlands839 Posts
August 10 2010 00:24 GMT
#54
this kind of write-up is always a sight for sore eyes coming home late.
And to think some people still dont know TL...
Mortician
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Bulgaria2332 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-10 04:25:02
August 10 2010 04:24 GMT
#55
On August 10 2010 06:16 Harem wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2010 03:23 motbob wrote:
On August 10 2010 03:11 Doughboy wrote:
In terms of Jaedong winning over Hydra with a BO advantage (12 pool vs 9 pool respectively), didn't the exact same thing happen to ZerO in GSM oz vs stars, and ZerO won?..I could be wrong on what build ZerO used, but I thought he used a 9 pool. I didn't watch Jaedong vs Hydra so maybe JD didn't FE or something in that game like he did against ZerO. Somebody correct the poor noob that is me please :<

Uh, yes. I should have specified 12 pool gas as opposed to 12 pool expand. One of those builds could conceivably die to a 9 pool, and the other could not.

...Every 12pool expand build zvz gets pool and gas before expanding.


wtf, dude, the build is 12 pool 11 gas 11/10 hatch... -> (Wiki)12 Pool (vs. Zerg)

I was replyin to motbob....
"If anything, the skill cap in sc2 is higher [than sc1] because there are a lot more things you can do at one given time. " darmousseh
Avidkeystamper
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States8556 Posts
August 10 2010 06:55 GMT
#56
On August 10 2010 13:24 Mortician wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2010 06:16 Harem wrote:
On August 10 2010 03:23 motbob wrote:
On August 10 2010 03:11 Doughboy wrote:
In terms of Jaedong winning over Hydra with a BO advantage (12 pool vs 9 pool respectively), didn't the exact same thing happen to ZerO in GSM oz vs stars, and ZerO won?..I could be wrong on what build ZerO used, but I thought he used a 9 pool. I didn't watch Jaedong vs Hydra so maybe JD didn't FE or something in that game like he did against ZerO. Somebody correct the poor noob that is me please :<

Uh, yes. I should have specified 12 pool gas as opposed to 12 pool expand. One of those builds could conceivably die to a 9 pool, and the other could not.

...Every 12pool expand build zvz gets pool and gas before expanding.


wtf, dude, the build is 12 pool 11 gas 11/10 hatch... -> (Wiki)12 Pool (vs. Zerg)

I was replyin to motbob....

Difference is the rush distances.
Jaedong
everstarleague
Profile Joined December 2009
China89 Posts
August 10 2010 08:06 GMT
#57
Brood war is the best pc game in today and history, everyone could know it, definitely!!

I object sc2 from the day it is appear to now. But I forget one thing--everything will die ,whatever it is. So, however brilliant sc1 is, there must be one day it is die. Althouge it was murdered by some selfish thing, it may be dying one day.

In my opinion, sc2 is just the game that is as well as c&c3,even less better than it. So, surrounded by many thing and words of sc2, I no longer can say something, I bear it! I want to a try, just a try, a lot of skirmishs of sc2, just because of sc1, just like c&c3.

After 3 day's downloading, some version of sc2 is in the harddisk. But many problem emerge, though I had thought that playing sc2 is difficult. Memory is less than 2g, windows version problem, most of all, the sc2 version could not normally run, even it is run, it could not play skirmishs with computer. Maybe the pirate patch is not work, or something else wrong. Then after a whole day debugging, I have deleted the sc2 version, it is a massive hull. In this period, a drone has creeped to earth from char. And the legitimate broodwar which cost me about 5 dollors has played about ten years, occasionally when I open a 1998's computer, the broodwar is still there, it plays well ,fluently. Broodwar is especially pretty now.

Starleague is still there, its future is unknown, but it is immortal in many minds.
Sandrosuperstar
Profile Joined November 2009
Sweden525 Posts
August 10 2010 11:55 GMT
#58
GO GO HiYA!!! :D i really hope he qualifies ^____^
I'm homo for Lomo, gay for GGplay, but at the end of the day I put my dong in Lee Jaedong
SilverSkyLark
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Philippines8437 Posts
August 10 2010 12:55 GMT
#59
On August 10 2010 17:06 everstarleague wrote:
Brood war is the best pc game in today and history, everyone could know it, definitely!!

I object sc2 from the day it is appear to now. But I forget one thing--everything will die ,whatever it is. So, however brilliant sc1 is, there must be one day it is die. Althouge it was murdered by some selfish thing, it may be dying one day.

In my opinion, sc2 is just the game that is as well as c&c3,even less better than it. So, surrounded by many thing and words of sc2, I no longer can say something, I bear it! I want to a try, just a try, a lot of skirmishs of sc2, just because of sc1, just like c&c3.

After 3 day's downloading, some version of sc2 is in the harddisk. But many problem emerge, though I had thought that playing sc2 is difficult. Memory is less than 2g, windows version problem, most of all, the sc2 version could not normally run, even it is run, it could not play skirmishs with computer. Maybe the pirate patch is not work, or something else wrong. Then after a whole day debugging, I have deleted the sc2 version, it is a massive hull. In this period, a drone has creeped to earth from char. And the legitimate broodwar which cost me about 5 dollors has played about ten years, occasionally when I open a 1998's computer, the broodwar is still there, it plays well ,fluently. Broodwar is especially pretty now.

Starleague is still there, its future is unknown, but it is immortal in many minds.

I think you're lost.
"If i lost an arm, I would play w3." -IntoTheWow || "Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk cafe. He's the next Jaedong, baby!"
canucks12
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada812 Posts
August 10 2010 17:19 GMT
#60
It's almost like you don't like Pure... I wonder why.
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 457
ProTech152
UpATreeSC 118
BRAT_OK 98
Railgan 49
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1864
Shuttle 510
Dewaltoss 139
Trap 35
Bale 23
scan(afreeca) 15
Dota 2
XaKoH 627
420jenkins364
Counter-Strike
fl0m4126
Fnx 685
kRYSTAL_29
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3786
Liquid`Hasu526
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1755
summit1g1648
FrodaN962
B2W.Neo432
C9.Mang0134
TKL 99
ToD88
QueenE77
RotterdaM58
Mew2King34
JuggernautJason14
PPMD2
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV234
BasetradeTV150
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 33
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade782
Other Games
• Shiphtur1324
• imaqtpie753
• WagamamaTV333
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 52m
Patches Events
20h 52m
The PondCast
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.