• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:33
CEST 13:33
KST 20:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7192 users

[TL Subs] After Talk - Betting Scandal - Page 5

Forum Index > News
299 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14 15 Next All
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-23 23:04:09
May 23 2010 23:00 GMT
#81
On May 24 2010 07:54 Roffles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2010 07:52 BlackMagister wrote:
I'm also annoyed they didn't talk about the reasoning behind it like in that article, but I was also confused why they didn't talk about specific players. They mention Hwasin and go.go, but don't talk about Savior? I'm curious about the fate of Sparkyz considering how many players were indicated, but that wasn't mentioned either. Possibly due to this being a OGN show? Would this mean that Sparkyz is likely to stay because OGN is a station that broadcasts SC vs if Sparkyz's sponsor was a regular company.

I liked that I was able to hear their opinions, but it unfortunately didn't add much info or even stimulate an interesting debate. I did however like their opening points about how ACE being involved could damage the entire E-Sports industry's image.

Oh they mentioned Savior. You know that guy who has his picture up celebrating? That's Savior. The picture they want to tear down? That's Savior.

Yeah they mention him indirectly by mentioning those who've won and found rigging matches have their portraits taken down, but it could about Luxury too. I meant how they don't or barely mention how specific players being involved affected things such as Savior's status as an E-Sport icon. Like they also talk about how they've met these players, but don't say anything more than that.
ii.blitzkrieg
Profile Joined November 2006
Canada1122 Posts
May 23 2010 23:01 GMT
#82
I gotta say I have been feeling pretty good lately and after seeing this the mix of emotions I have is making me feel terrible.

I feel ashamed on behalf of those who cheated.

I feel worried that this will have a bigger impact than most people think (though I personally think bw will survive and do just fine, I can't ignore the thoughts in the back of my head.)

After hearing kingdom and oov talk about the old days and how bad conditions were, what they went through to get to this point and how these cheaters have utterly zero respect for their sacrifices. On one hand I feel sadness and on the other I feel sheer unadulterated rage. If the cheaters were here in front of me I honestly don't know what I would do.

... and I'm a fan, I haven't invested countless hours of my life working my ass off for a chance progaming would succeed. I can't imagine how people intimately involved feel about this but I got a glimpse of it through this show... I feel fucking terrible right now

Ahhhh I want to fucking see these faggots on tv begging for forgiveness

I am glad to see boxer and oov looking at the situation in a good light though, it gives me confidence to hear them talk like that.
iloveoov / Flash / Fantasy / Midas / Boxer -BW forever
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-23 23:03:48
May 23 2010 23:03 GMT
#83
On May 24 2010 08:00 BlackMagister wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2010 07:54 Roffles wrote:
On May 24 2010 07:52 BlackMagister wrote:
I'm also annoyed they didn't talk about the reasoning behind it like in that article, but I was also confused why they didn't talk about specific players. They mention Hwasin and go.go, but don't talk about Savior? I'm curious about the fate of Sparkyz considering how many players were indicated, but that wasn't mentioned either. Possibly due to this being a OGN show? Would this mean that Sparkyz is likely to stay because OGN is a station that broadcasts SC vs if Sparkyz's sponsor was a regular company.

I liked that I was able to hear their opinions, but it unfortunately didn't add much info or even stimulate an interesting debate. I did however like their opening points about how ACE being involved could damage the entire E-Sports industry's image.

Oh they mentioned Savior. You know that guy who has his picture up celebrating? That's Savior. The picture they want to tear down? That's Savior.

Yeah they mention him indirectly by mentioning those who've won and found rigging matches have their portraits taken down, but it could about Luxury too. I meant how they don't or barely mention how specific players being involved affected things such as Savior's status as an E-Sport icon.

Lux won a MSL, not an OSL. They're broadcasting at OGN, not MBC. They mention Savior's status as an icon in the line "If you look at the list of players involved, they were all rising stars". Then the next line says "You don't even need to talk about <beep>"

They pretty clearly state their opinions. They're trying NOT to reveal specific names here, but it's pretty blatantly obvious who they're referring to.
God Bless
danbel1005
Profile Joined February 2008
United States1319 Posts
May 23 2010 23:04 GMT
#84
Thank you so much TL.net. THX
"EE HAN TIMING" Jaedong vs Stork [22 December, 2007] 2set @ Finals EVER OSL.
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-23 23:05:36
May 23 2010 23:04 GMT
#85
On May 24 2010 07:21 Effort_FTW wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

On May 24 2010 06:58 weaksauce wrote:
i know he's hungry and all, but could they at least turn that guys mic down. i hate hearing people eat, slurp, chew, and talk with their mouth full.

what game are they talking about near the beginning?

"The overlord clearly saw the scv, but they didnt react to each other"


Pretty sure it was this one.




wow.. what a ridiculous game...

fuck man.. look at calm and his coach, the emotions they go through watching their teammate, feeling for them...
hwasin coulda just told them "LULLLLZZ I ALREADY ARRANGED IT WITH LUXURY HYUNG THAT I'M GONNA WIN"

and yeah the savior parts were pretty obvious

Also it was interesting the way they talk and how they come up with these great metaphors, very interesting
beep boop
kyophan
Profile Joined January 2010
United States113 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-23 23:06:02
May 23 2010 23:05 GMT
#86
It was really sad to see them have to apologize.

A lot less people seemed to have showed up to this osl compared to last. Very unfortunate.
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
May 23 2010 23:06 GMT
#87
On May 24 2010 08:03 Roffles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2010 08:00 BlackMagister wrote:
On May 24 2010 07:54 Roffles wrote:
On May 24 2010 07:52 BlackMagister wrote:
I'm also annoyed they didn't talk about the reasoning behind it like in that article, but I was also confused why they didn't talk about specific players. They mention Hwasin and go.go, but don't talk about Savior? I'm curious about the fate of Sparkyz considering how many players were indicated, but that wasn't mentioned either. Possibly due to this being a OGN show? Would this mean that Sparkyz is likely to stay because OGN is a station that broadcasts SC vs if Sparkyz's sponsor was a regular company.

I liked that I was able to hear their opinions, but it unfortunately didn't add much info or even stimulate an interesting debate. I did however like their opening points about how ACE being involved could damage the entire E-Sports industry's image.

Oh they mentioned Savior. You know that guy who has his picture up celebrating? That's Savior. The picture they want to tear down? That's Savior.

Yeah they mention him indirectly by mentioning those who've won and found rigging matches have their portraits taken down, but it could about Luxury too. I meant how they don't or barely mention how specific players being involved affected things such as Savior's status as an E-Sport icon.

Lux won a MSL, not an OSL. They're broadcasting at OGN, not MBC. They mention Savior's status as an icon in the line "If you look at the list of players involved, they were all rising stars". Then the next line says "You don't even need to talk about <beep>"

They pretty clearly state their opinions. They're trying NOT to reveal specific names here, but it's pretty blatantly obvious who they're referring to.

Yeah I know that Luxury won an MSL and they're OGN, but I was just taking it as what should be done in general for E-Sports. I didn't realize they were intentionally not revealing the names with bleeps. I thought they were just swear saying the names, as I had to watch this with no audio.
pR0gR4m3R
Profile Joined February 2008
Spain1446 Posts
May 23 2010 23:07 GMT
#88
Thx for the work and traslation guys
StarCraft-ESP.com Admin - Spanish StarCraft Community
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
May 23 2010 23:08 GMT
#89
On May 24 2010 08:05 kyophan wrote:
It was really sad to see them have to apologize.

A lot less people seemed to have showed up to this osl compared to last. Very unfortunate.

The turnout was still rather remarkable. It would have been a GREAT success had they not had technical failures.
God Bless
lac29
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1485 Posts
May 23 2010 23:09 GMT
#90
To those who can't recognize the commentators ... can someone point out who is who?

Left, center, and right.
Felby
Profile Joined February 2009
Norway81 Posts
May 23 2010 23:09 GMT
#91
you guys are awesome, and ppl go download from torrent, the more ppl that download the faster it goes! if you actually bother to spend some upload on it that is

sharing is caring!
ccdnl
Profile Joined April 2010
United States611 Posts
May 23 2010 23:10 GMT
#92
What an emotional episode. First of all, thank you roffles, milkis, kennigit and whoever helped with releasing this episode. 2nd...screw you match fixers
civil cervixes || Kang Min Fan || I like TLO, TLO= German, I like Germans..?
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
May 23 2010 23:11 GMT
#93
On May 24 2010 08:09 lac29 wrote:
To those who can't recognize the commentators ... can someone point out who is who?

Left, center, and right.

Left - Kim Carrier
Center - Uhm JaeGyung
Right - Kingdom (Park Yong Wook)
God Bless
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
May 23 2010 23:11 GMT
#94
On May 24 2010 08:05 kyophan wrote:
It was really sad to see them have to apologize.

A lot less people seemed to have showed up to this osl compared to last. Very unfortunate.


12000 people showed up.

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=126959

Except you know...... I'm not too sure if it was all such a good thing in the end. People turned up, but pretty was were treated like crap, apparently.
lac29
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1485 Posts
May 23 2010 23:13 GMT
#95
On May 24 2010 08:11 Roffles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2010 08:09 lac29 wrote:
To those who can't recognize the commentators ... can someone point out who is who?

Left, center, and right.

Left - Kim Carrier
Center - Uhm JaeGyung
Right - Kingdom (Park Yong Wook)


Thanks Roffles!
StifSokSamurai
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States120 Posts
May 23 2010 23:22 GMT
#96
Thanks for the subs on this! This was a very somber minutes.
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
May 23 2010 23:26 GMT
#97
Thanks for the work TL subs!

I was really looking forward to seeing a progamer insight on this incident. Boxer and oov's interviews were really touching, seeing how what they helped create stumble with this incident T_T
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
pR0gR4m3R
Profile Joined February 2008
Spain1446 Posts
May 23 2010 23:29 GMT
#98
Fews days ago, I was thinking like Korea wasnt realizing the critical situation this scandal is providing, but after watching the video, it seems like they´re hanging the "crisis" in the best way possible to "clean" the scene and continue with a new fresh legacy of players
StarCraft-ESP.com Admin - Spanish StarCraft Community
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
May 23 2010 23:35 GMT
#99
What were they referring to at the beginning with Shinae and Nal_ra swearing?
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
FoBuLouS
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States570 Posts
May 23 2010 23:37 GMT
#100
I wish there were some way we foreigner fans can still show that we support e-sports. Maybe a letter or e-mail or something signed by all of us.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 4
Leta vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 16399
StarCastTV_EN395
Liquipedia
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs PercivalLIVE!
herO vs Krystianer
CranKy Ducklings108
CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko272
ProTech106
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 11208
Jaedong 6007
EffOrt 2706
BeSt 1224
actioN 846
Killer 711
Soma 582
ZerO 508
Pusan 498
Horang2 406
[ Show more ]
Zeus 240
Stork 221
Rush 202
JYJ 154
Barracks 135
Mong 61
ToSsGirL 51
HiyA 42
Bale 30
Sea.KH 29
Sexy 28
Shinee 27
Terrorterran 26
Sharp 23
sorry 23
JulyZerg 9
Sacsri 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc4775
Dendi483
XaKoH 352
League of Legends
Reynor52
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_34
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft2364
crisheroes2250
Other Games
gofns62240
singsing1623
olofmeister1259
byalli560
Livibee197
OGKoka 112
ArmadaUGS43
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream356
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 245
StarCraft 2
WardiTV236
Other Games
BasetradeTV189
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1767
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 27m
Kung Fu Cup
23h 27m
The PondCast
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.