• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:32
CEST 16:32
KST 23:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8625 users

TL Mafia 3 [Night 5] - Page 77

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 100 Next
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
November 10 2008 03:51 GMT
#1521
On November 10 2008 12:45 Bockit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2008 12:40 fanatacist wrote:
On November 10 2008 12:32 fusionsdf wrote:
um

its not finger pointing

its a DT rolecheck. If its correct, you die and we are down a mafia.

If its a lie, I already have systems in place to make the name of the 'DT' public. In which case that mafia will die.

Either way, a mafia is dying tonight (probably) or tomorrow (if all else fails)

And what if you are a Mafia and the name of the DT is another townie (hopefully a blue), so when I turn up green (since you know I'm not Mafia), you make everyone lynch the supposed DT, who will also turn up green/blue. Kind of a beneficial circumstance, especially if someone trusted you early on like they trusted Ace and PM'd you information on our roles.

Here is what I suspect is happening:

DT PMs fusionsdf, tells him he is DT. Tells him the roles of people he has checked. Whether he checked me or not is unimportant, fusionsdf knows that I am definitely green/blue because HE is Mafia. fusionsdf makes this post claiming that I am a Mafia. Everyone supports it because OH MA GAWD BANDWAGON BASED ON FUSIONS' WORD LAWL. I get lynched, turn up green. fusionsdf can't be blamed by the town, since he was just the mouthpiece, right? So, fusionsdf reveals the name of the DT, DT gets lynched. Turns up blue. The town realizes they have been fucked in the ass because they lost a DT and a townie in exchange for 1 Mafia, over a (probably, assuming no vigi intervention) 2 day period. Mafia has the same KP this whole time, whittling down the town. In the end, the town has wasted 2 lynches and killed only 1 Mafia. Mafia wins, gg no re.

Are you all really so blind in your bandwagon that you can't see this?


Except if the dt is legit and pm'd fusion and fusion is mafia then the dt is dead anyway as nobody knows his name for paramedics to save and mafia will definitely kill him tonight. If this is the scenario the dt is lost anyay so it's just tossing up between you and fusion.

That said, this situation is so implausible it's not funny. Why would a REAL dt (because this situation you're describing requires a REAL dt) pm a random townie with FALSE information (which is what is required if you are green/blue as per the circumstances you describe), he is risking everything for NO GAIN (town lynches a blue/green instead of a red) and also his own life when he is so important.

You misunderstand. A real DT PM'd him about some finding he had, trusting fusionsdf to be his mouthpiece (without rolechecking HIM first, obviously, kind of like how people PM'd Ace). Fusions is a Mafia, and finds out that _____ is a DT. He puts out false information to stall the town's lynches, get rid of a DT, and a green/blue (me) at the same time. After what happened with Ace, is it really so hard to imagine? Come on Bockit, I thought you would understand at least the theory behind this.
Peace~
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-10 03:54:50
November 10 2008 03:52 GMT
#1522
On November 10 2008 12:50 ~OpZ~ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2008 14:49 Chuiu wrote:

Many in the crowd were excessively enthusiastic about the lynching and many were grave and quiet.


*Points finger at fanatacist*



FanatIcism, maybe.

Fanatacist, no. It's a bastardization of a Russian word that me and my friends used as a band name back in the day.

EDIT:

On November 10 2008 12:45 fusionsdf wrote:
well there is another factor which makes this unlikely, but I cant reveal it to town, because that would benefit mafia.

fanatacist, if a real DT PMed me a name, and I take that name and replace it with fanatacist, the DT can speak up and say a) this original target is mafia and b) fusionsdf changed the target, so he is mafia as well.

then we trade 2 mafia for a green and a blue

yeah

not a good deal for the mafia

How convenient.

I'm assuming they didn't PM you a name but a list analysis. If it was a name and you did that, he would have done as you just described.
Peace~
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
November 10 2008 03:54 GMT
#1523
On November 10 2008 12:45 KH1031 wrote:
Hmm...

Am I missing something here?
From what I observed, I posted a possible clue on MidnightGladius and everyone jumped on the bandwagon. Then fusionsdf came out with some breaking news, then everyone switched again.

Also, it seems that no one has questioned fusionsdf's identity so far (Seriously, am I missing something here?)

Okay...case breakdown again:

Assuming that all of the following players are sane (Big assumption, I must say)

1. fusionsdf/fusionsdf got a PM from a DT, whom rolechecked fanatacist, and fanatacist is a mafia.
2. fusionsdf/fusionsdf got a PM from a DT, whom claimed that he rolechecked fanatacist, and fanatacist/fanatacist is not a mafia
3. fusionsdf MADE UP THE PM, and fanatacist/fanatacist is not a mafia.
4. fusionsdf MADE UP THE PM, and fanatacist is a mafia
5. fusionsdf got a PM from a DT, whom claimed that he rolechecked fanatacist, and fanatacist is a mafia.

It seems like most of the posts so far only considered cases 1 and 2. Unless you guys know some information that I don't, I cannot see why we should rule out the possibility of case 3.

Case 4 and 5 seems rather unlikely, but I think it's necessary to put it up here.


Edit:

Apparently my reply took a while to type up, and meanwhile more drama happened while I was typing this up.

I have to head to bed...maybe tomorrow I'll see what happens.



KH in case 1 its a mafia for free
in case 2 its a green for a red
in case 3 its a green for a red (or if you lynch me second, 2 greens for a red)
in case 4 ....well it makes no sense. Its either me a red giving up another red (for future influence?) or a green fooling around and giving up a red. But from my posting history, it should be pretty obvious that the second option is not realistic
in case 5 its 2 red for a blue


all of those benefit town
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
Bockit
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sydney2287 Posts
November 10 2008 03:55 GMT
#1524
On November 10 2008 12:51 fanatacist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2008 12:45 Bockit wrote:
On November 10 2008 12:40 fanatacist wrote:
On November 10 2008 12:32 fusionsdf wrote:
um

its not finger pointing

its a DT rolecheck. If its correct, you die and we are down a mafia.

If its a lie, I already have systems in place to make the name of the 'DT' public. In which case that mafia will die.

Either way, a mafia is dying tonight (probably) or tomorrow (if all else fails)

And what if you are a Mafia and the name of the DT is another townie (hopefully a blue), so when I turn up green (since you know I'm not Mafia), you make everyone lynch the supposed DT, who will also turn up green/blue. Kind of a beneficial circumstance, especially if someone trusted you early on like they trusted Ace and PM'd you information on our roles.

Here is what I suspect is happening:

DT PMs fusionsdf, tells him he is DT. Tells him the roles of people he has checked. Whether he checked me or not is unimportant, fusionsdf knows that I am definitely green/blue because HE is Mafia. fusionsdf makes this post claiming that I am a Mafia. Everyone supports it because OH MA GAWD BANDWAGON BASED ON FUSIONS' WORD LAWL. I get lynched, turn up green. fusionsdf can't be blamed by the town, since he was just the mouthpiece, right? So, fusionsdf reveals the name of the DT, DT gets lynched. Turns up blue. The town realizes they have been fucked in the ass because they lost a DT and a townie in exchange for 1 Mafia, over a (probably, assuming no vigi intervention) 2 day period. Mafia has the same KP this whole time, whittling down the town. In the end, the town has wasted 2 lynches and killed only 1 Mafia. Mafia wins, gg no re.

Are you all really so blind in your bandwagon that you can't see this?


Except if the dt is legit and pm'd fusion and fusion is mafia then the dt is dead anyway as nobody knows his name for paramedics to save and mafia will definitely kill him tonight. If this is the scenario the dt is lost anyay so it's just tossing up between you and fusion.

That said, this situation is so implausible it's not funny. Why would a REAL dt (because this situation you're describing requires a REAL dt) pm a random townie with FALSE information (which is what is required if you are green/blue as per the circumstances you describe), he is risking everything for NO GAIN (town lynches a blue/green instead of a red) and also his own life when he is so important.

You misunderstand. A real DT PM'd him about some finding he had, trusting fusionsdf to be his mouthpiece (without rolechecking HIM first, obviously, kind of like how people PM'd Ace). Fusions is a Mafia, and finds out that _____ is a DT. He puts out false information to stall the town's lynches, get rid of a DT, and a green/blue (me) at the same time. After what happened with Ace, is it really so hard to imagine? Come on Bockit, I thought you would understand at least the theory behind this.


I misinterpreted what you meant then. Except again, you're missing something important there. The real dt can now speak up. In fact, if this is the case (that fusion is a mafia and is putting forward the false name), I ask for the dt to speak up so that we don't lose a green/blue. If this is the correct scenario, you are going to die anyway (fusion is a mafia and you are now known as a dt). If this happens (the dt who pm'd fusion calls out fusion as a liar), you're clean fanatacist. I have my doubts at this stage.
Their are four errors in this sentance.
Bockit
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sydney2287 Posts
November 10 2008 03:57 GMT
#1525
On November 10 2008 12:52 fanatacist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2008 12:50 ~OpZ~ wrote:
On November 02 2008 14:49 Chuiu wrote:

Many in the crowd were excessively enthusiastic about the lynching and many were grave and quiet.


*Points finger at fanatacist*



FanatIcism, maybe.

Fanatacist, no. It's a bastardization of a Russian word that me and my friends used as a band name back in the day.


Why do people keep using this argument of what their names *actually* mean, to them. How you interpret your name is completely irrelevant to how Chuiu interprets it. he doesn't know the backstory, he might only see a word that looks very similar to fanaticist. You're not the first to do this too. The clue is pretty damning.
Their are four errors in this sentance.
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
November 10 2008 04:00 GMT
#1526
On November 10 2008 12:55 Bockit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2008 12:51 fanatacist wrote:
On November 10 2008 12:45 Bockit wrote:
On November 10 2008 12:40 fanatacist wrote:
On November 10 2008 12:32 fusionsdf wrote:
um

its not finger pointing

its a DT rolecheck. If its correct, you die and we are down a mafia.

If its a lie, I already have systems in place to make the name of the 'DT' public. In which case that mafia will die.

Either way, a mafia is dying tonight (probably) or tomorrow (if all else fails)

And what if you are a Mafia and the name of the DT is another townie (hopefully a blue), so when I turn up green (since you know I'm not Mafia), you make everyone lynch the supposed DT, who will also turn up green/blue. Kind of a beneficial circumstance, especially if someone trusted you early on like they trusted Ace and PM'd you information on our roles.

Here is what I suspect is happening:

DT PMs fusionsdf, tells him he is DT. Tells him the roles of people he has checked. Whether he checked me or not is unimportant, fusionsdf knows that I am definitely green/blue because HE is Mafia. fusionsdf makes this post claiming that I am a Mafia. Everyone supports it because OH MA GAWD BANDWAGON BASED ON FUSIONS' WORD LAWL. I get lynched, turn up green. fusionsdf can't be blamed by the town, since he was just the mouthpiece, right? So, fusionsdf reveals the name of the DT, DT gets lynched. Turns up blue. The town realizes they have been fucked in the ass because they lost a DT and a townie in exchange for 1 Mafia, over a (probably, assuming no vigi intervention) 2 day period. Mafia has the same KP this whole time, whittling down the town. In the end, the town has wasted 2 lynches and killed only 1 Mafia. Mafia wins, gg no re.

Are you all really so blind in your bandwagon that you can't see this?


Except if the dt is legit and pm'd fusion and fusion is mafia then the dt is dead anyway as nobody knows his name for paramedics to save and mafia will definitely kill him tonight. If this is the scenario the dt is lost anyay so it's just tossing up between you and fusion.

That said, this situation is so implausible it's not funny. Why would a REAL dt (because this situation you're describing requires a REAL dt) pm a random townie with FALSE information (which is what is required if you are green/blue as per the circumstances you describe), he is risking everything for NO GAIN (town lynches a blue/green instead of a red) and also his own life when he is so important.

You misunderstand. A real DT PM'd him about some finding he had, trusting fusionsdf to be his mouthpiece (without rolechecking HIM first, obviously, kind of like how people PM'd Ace). Fusions is a Mafia, and finds out that _____ is a DT. He puts out false information to stall the town's lynches, get rid of a DT, and a green/blue (me) at the same time. After what happened with Ace, is it really so hard to imagine? Come on Bockit, I thought you would understand at least the theory behind this.


I misinterpreted what you meant then. Except again, you're missing something important there. The real dt can now speak up. In fact, if this is the case (that fusion is a mafia and is putting forward the false name), I ask for the dt to speak up so that we don't lose a green/blue. If this is the correct scenario, you are going to die anyway (fusion is a mafia and you are now known as a dt). If this happens (the dt who pm'd fusion calls out fusion as a liar), you're clean fanatacist. I have my doubts at this stage.

You probably wrote this as I made my edit above, so I will just restate that it is possible that the DT sent a list analysis and not a specific name. It was probably an incriminating analysis for a Mafia (fusionsdf) to pull this out of the hat, although like I also mentioned earlier, wasting time, greens, and a DT for the sake of ONE Mafia (while other suspects like MG and whoever is on this list keep on living) is more than worth it. There is no real reason for me to be a DT either, I don't see where you pulled that from. I am not a DT, I am not Mafia, I am just a townie who can see through the shit curtain being pulled down to cover up MG as soon as that bandwagon started rolling, probably clearer than many of you because I am obviously not going to be joining a bandwagon to lynch myself since I know I'm green.
Peace~
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
November 10 2008 04:02 GMT
#1527
On November 10 2008 13:00 fanatacist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2008 12:55 Bockit wrote:
On November 10 2008 12:51 fanatacist wrote:
On November 10 2008 12:45 Bockit wrote:
On November 10 2008 12:40 fanatacist wrote:
On November 10 2008 12:32 fusionsdf wrote:
um

its not finger pointing

its a DT rolecheck. If its correct, you die and we are down a mafia.

If its a lie, I already have systems in place to make the name of the 'DT' public. In which case that mafia will die.

Either way, a mafia is dying tonight (probably) or tomorrow (if all else fails)

And what if you are a Mafia and the name of the DT is another townie (hopefully a blue), so when I turn up green (since you know I'm not Mafia), you make everyone lynch the supposed DT, who will also turn up green/blue. Kind of a beneficial circumstance, especially if someone trusted you early on like they trusted Ace and PM'd you information on our roles.

Here is what I suspect is happening:

DT PMs fusionsdf, tells him he is DT. Tells him the roles of people he has checked. Whether he checked me or not is unimportant, fusionsdf knows that I am definitely green/blue because HE is Mafia. fusionsdf makes this post claiming that I am a Mafia. Everyone supports it because OH MA GAWD BANDWAGON BASED ON FUSIONS' WORD LAWL. I get lynched, turn up green. fusionsdf can't be blamed by the town, since he was just the mouthpiece, right? So, fusionsdf reveals the name of the DT, DT gets lynched. Turns up blue. The town realizes they have been fucked in the ass because they lost a DT and a townie in exchange for 1 Mafia, over a (probably, assuming no vigi intervention) 2 day period. Mafia has the same KP this whole time, whittling down the town. In the end, the town has wasted 2 lynches and killed only 1 Mafia. Mafia wins, gg no re.

Are you all really so blind in your bandwagon that you can't see this?


Except if the dt is legit and pm'd fusion and fusion is mafia then the dt is dead anyway as nobody knows his name for paramedics to save and mafia will definitely kill him tonight. If this is the scenario the dt is lost anyay so it's just tossing up between you and fusion.

That said, this situation is so implausible it's not funny. Why would a REAL dt (because this situation you're describing requires a REAL dt) pm a random townie with FALSE information (which is what is required if you are green/blue as per the circumstances you describe), he is risking everything for NO GAIN (town lynches a blue/green instead of a red) and also his own life when he is so important.

You misunderstand. A real DT PM'd him about some finding he had, trusting fusionsdf to be his mouthpiece (without rolechecking HIM first, obviously, kind of like how people PM'd Ace). Fusions is a Mafia, and finds out that _____ is a DT. He puts out false information to stall the town's lynches, get rid of a DT, and a green/blue (me) at the same time. After what happened with Ace, is it really so hard to imagine? Come on Bockit, I thought you would understand at least the theory behind this.


I misinterpreted what you meant then. Except again, you're missing something important there. The real dt can now speak up. In fact, if this is the case (that fusion is a mafia and is putting forward the false name), I ask for the dt to speak up so that we don't lose a green/blue. If this is the correct scenario, you are going to die anyway (fusion is a mafia and you are now known as a dt). If this happens (the dt who pm'd fusion calls out fusion as a liar), you're clean fanatacist. I have my doubts at this stage.

You probably wrote this as I made my edit above, so I will just restate that it is possible that the DT sent a list analysis and not a specific name. It was probably an incriminating analysis for a Mafia (fusionsdf) to pull this out of the hat, although like I also mentioned earlier, wasting time, greens, and a DT for the sake of ONE Mafia (while other suspects like MG and whoever is on this list keep on living) is more than worth it. There is no real reason for me to be a DT either, I don't see where you pulled that from. I am not a DT, I am not Mafia, I am just a townie who can see through the shit curtain being pulled down to cover up MG as soon as that bandwagon started rolling, probably clearer than many of you because I am obviously not going to be joining a bandwagon to lynch myself since I know I'm green.

if it was just a vague list check that I altered, I could kill the DT quietly instead

its the choice between getting a blue for free, or sacrificing a red for a blue and a green

doesnt make much sense
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
November 10 2008 04:03 GMT
#1528
On November 10 2008 12:57 Bockit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2008 12:52 fanatacist wrote:
On November 10 2008 12:50 ~OpZ~ wrote:
On November 02 2008 14:49 Chuiu wrote:

Many in the crowd were excessively enthusiastic about the lynching and many were grave and quiet.


*Points finger at fanatacist*



FanatIcism, maybe.

Fanatacist, no. It's a bastardization of a Russian word that me and my friends used as a band name back in the day.


Why do people keep using this argument of what their names *actually* mean, to them. How you interpret your name is completely irrelevant to how Chuiu interprets it. he doesn't know the backstory, he might only see a word that looks very similar to fanaticist. You're not the first to do this too. The clue is pretty damning.

I understand this point, but the spelling is not the same. Cat and hat are off by one letter, does that make one of them a possible clue for the other? No. If you want me to look up clues in this fashion I'm sure I can give you a rather long list of names where you change one or two letters to make it apply to a phrase in Chuiu's post.
Peace~
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
November 10 2008 04:05 GMT
#1529
On November 10 2008 13:02 fusionsdf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2008 13:00 fanatacist wrote:
On November 10 2008 12:55 Bockit wrote:
On November 10 2008 12:51 fanatacist wrote:
On November 10 2008 12:45 Bockit wrote:
On November 10 2008 12:40 fanatacist wrote:
On November 10 2008 12:32 fusionsdf wrote:
um

its not finger pointing

its a DT rolecheck. If its correct, you die and we are down a mafia.

If its a lie, I already have systems in place to make the name of the 'DT' public. In which case that mafia will die.

Either way, a mafia is dying tonight (probably) or tomorrow (if all else fails)

And what if you are a Mafia and the name of the DT is another townie (hopefully a blue), so when I turn up green (since you know I'm not Mafia), you make everyone lynch the supposed DT, who will also turn up green/blue. Kind of a beneficial circumstance, especially if someone trusted you early on like they trusted Ace and PM'd you information on our roles.

Here is what I suspect is happening:

DT PMs fusionsdf, tells him he is DT. Tells him the roles of people he has checked. Whether he checked me or not is unimportant, fusionsdf knows that I am definitely green/blue because HE is Mafia. fusionsdf makes this post claiming that I am a Mafia. Everyone supports it because OH MA GAWD BANDWAGON BASED ON FUSIONS' WORD LAWL. I get lynched, turn up green. fusionsdf can't be blamed by the town, since he was just the mouthpiece, right? So, fusionsdf reveals the name of the DT, DT gets lynched. Turns up blue. The town realizes they have been fucked in the ass because they lost a DT and a townie in exchange for 1 Mafia, over a (probably, assuming no vigi intervention) 2 day period. Mafia has the same KP this whole time, whittling down the town. In the end, the town has wasted 2 lynches and killed only 1 Mafia. Mafia wins, gg no re.

Are you all really so blind in your bandwagon that you can't see this?


Except if the dt is legit and pm'd fusion and fusion is mafia then the dt is dead anyway as nobody knows his name for paramedics to save and mafia will definitely kill him tonight. If this is the scenario the dt is lost anyay so it's just tossing up between you and fusion.

That said, this situation is so implausible it's not funny. Why would a REAL dt (because this situation you're describing requires a REAL dt) pm a random townie with FALSE information (which is what is required if you are green/blue as per the circumstances you describe), he is risking everything for NO GAIN (town lynches a blue/green instead of a red) and also his own life when he is so important.

You misunderstand. A real DT PM'd him about some finding he had, trusting fusionsdf to be his mouthpiece (without rolechecking HIM first, obviously, kind of like how people PM'd Ace). Fusions is a Mafia, and finds out that _____ is a DT. He puts out false information to stall the town's lynches, get rid of a DT, and a green/blue (me) at the same time. After what happened with Ace, is it really so hard to imagine? Come on Bockit, I thought you would understand at least the theory behind this.


I misinterpreted what you meant then. Except again, you're missing something important there. The real dt can now speak up. In fact, if this is the case (that fusion is a mafia and is putting forward the false name), I ask for the dt to speak up so that we don't lose a green/blue. If this is the correct scenario, you are going to die anyway (fusion is a mafia and you are now known as a dt). If this happens (the dt who pm'd fusion calls out fusion as a liar), you're clean fanatacist. I have my doubts at this stage.

You probably wrote this as I made my edit above, so I will just restate that it is possible that the DT sent a list analysis and not a specific name. It was probably an incriminating analysis for a Mafia (fusionsdf) to pull this out of the hat, although like I also mentioned earlier, wasting time, greens, and a DT for the sake of ONE Mafia (while other suspects like MG and whoever is on this list keep on living) is more than worth it. There is no real reason for me to be a DT either, I don't see where you pulled that from. I am not a DT, I am not Mafia, I am just a townie who can see through the shit curtain being pulled down to cover up MG as soon as that bandwagon started rolling, probably clearer than many of you because I am obviously not going to be joining a bandwagon to lynch myself since I know I'm green.

if it was just a vague list check that I altered, I could kill the DT quietly instead

its the choice between getting a blue for free, or sacrificing a red for a blue and a green

doesnt make much sense

If the DT saw that you didn't speak up about his information he would understand that you are Mafia, and would then have TWO important pieces of information to reveal to the town if it came down to that.
Peace~
Bockit
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sydney2287 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-10 04:05:51
November 10 2008 04:05 GMT
#1530
Except it's a vowel, which when sounded out can be indistinguishable from the other. cat and hat merely rhyme.

edit: eg, if chuiu started posting clues about buckets I'd be a little worried.
Their are four errors in this sentance.
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
November 10 2008 04:05 GMT
#1531
On November 09 2008 11:00 Mynock wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Now, the Ace posts:

Ace is having fun this game. Well, had. It was obvious from how he posts, he even PMed me about it, whatever. We can make certain observations from his "party behaviour". There are people IN his party team, and people OUTSIDE. How would he address the people IN? Indirectly, because THEY know what it is all about. While addressing people OUTSIDE, he would point at them directly, and the tension would be higher.

Watch for these two patterns in how Ace made his posts:

Example01:
"Ace: Lololol, Town is so dumb, oh my god!"
"Player01: Yeah lol, we fucked up a bit, shut up already"
"Ace: Lololol, listen to this mafifesto!"
"Player01: Mafifesto, lolol, fock off!" <--- Partying MAFIA

Example02:
"Ace: Hey, you dumb townie, what the fuck do you think you know?! NOTHING! We know so much!!!"
"Player02: Shut the fuck up, I'm not interested, you're annoying, go die!"
"Ace: I made you waste a lynch, lolol, idiot townie!"
"Player02: ...*steaming*" <--- Annoyed TOWNIE

Now obviously, this can't be decisive either. But it can prove to be a good starting point. I will look through the previous posts now, and gather out these two patterns, but I can already say that a good example for pattern01 (possible MAFIA) would be Chezinu, fusionsdf and fanatacist (nice friendly chat with Ace and each other, pp 62-63, also, were trying to make less people vote for Ace by splitting the votes up, and fanata was trying to push suggesting bumatlarge is likely mafia because of that famous PM he got from Ace) and , while the other example (probably TOWNIE) would include FakeSteve.

Chezinu:
I change my vote. I vote for xDark.Carnivalx

I think ace is on to something..lol

For The MAFIA MANIFESTO!


I'd advise the DT to check the DarkCarnival votelist. I'm curious if my analysis works, and if I live another day I will post the result of that (we save a role check)

Also, take a look at this exchange between ~OpZ~ and Ace:

On November 08 2008 08:36 ~OpZ~ wrote:
Isn't....It easier for the detectives to single out individuals if the group they are voting for is tiny....like....If three people voted for midnight, and dt checked, and none were mafia....? I mean....if you have one person vote for some random townie....the DT won't need to rolecheck the person to find out if he's townie or mafia....so you don't waste a rolecheck


On November 08 2008 09:18 Ace wrote:
~opz~ I see leaving you alive also won't be an issue.

The reason the town doesn't want to vigi me, at least the smart guys anyway has nothing to do with the town going "lolz thats dah vigi right tharr! don't inteput it yoz!".

Mafia can also interpret it, so you'd leave the vigis out to hang genius. Instead of arguing with people why don't you actually read their posts and see why it makes sense not to follow your advice.


Ace is addressing him very directly, mocking and insulting him. Yet Ace didn't even understand what OpZ was talking about, misinterpreting him completely. If this was two mafias talking, they would know exactly what they're talking about.

Again, just my observations, and I'm curious as to how it works out. But hey, if I didn't do any thinking here, I'd just be a dead weight before I die, right?

Feel free to look for flaws, but please, do it logically, and politely.

So, keep in mind that nonce of these are definitive, but these are my suspects based PURELY on my little post analysis: Chezinu, fisionsdf, fanatacist.


Hmm...Maybe thats why you were rolechecked fanatacist.
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
November 10 2008 04:06 GMT
#1532
On November 10 2008 12:40 fanatacist wrote:
Here is what I suspect is happening:

DT PMs fusionsdf, tells him he is DT. Tells him the roles of people he has checked. Whether he checked me or not is unimportant, fusionsdf knows that I am definitely green/blue because HE is Mafia. fusionsdf makes this post claiming that I am a Mafia. Everyone supports it because OH MA GAWD BANDWAGON BASED ON FUSIONS' WORD LAWL. I get lynched, turn up green. fusionsdf can't be blamed by the town, since he was just the mouthpiece, right? So, fusionsdf reveals the name of the DT, DT gets lynched. Turns up blue. The town realizes they have been fucked in the ass because they lost a DT and a townie in exchange for 1 Mafia, over a (probably, assuming no vigi intervention) 2 day period. Mafia has the same KP this whole time, whittling down the town. In the end, the town has wasted 2 lynches and killed only 1 Mafia. Mafia wins, gg no re.


I don't think there's a DT involved at all. Fusionsdf is mafia, makes up the DT story (real original since it's already been used for real this game), and we're supposed to lynch the person he chose. After fanatacist turns up green/blue, we lynch the supposed DT, which is going to be another name fusionsdf makes up. Three days later, we kill him. Doing this makes perfect sense if MidnightGladius is actually mafia and fusionsdf is covering for him to buy time (and kills).

I realize this is going to look really bad for me if fanatacist gets lynched and turns up red.
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
November 10 2008 04:12 GMT
#1533
On November 10 2008 13:06 ShadowDrgn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2008 12:40 fanatacist wrote:
Here is what I suspect is happening:

DT PMs fusionsdf, tells him he is DT. Tells him the roles of people he has checked. Whether he checked me or not is unimportant, fusionsdf knows that I am definitely green/blue because HE is Mafia. fusionsdf makes this post claiming that I am a Mafia. Everyone supports it because OH MA GAWD BANDWAGON BASED ON FUSIONS' WORD LAWL. I get lynched, turn up green. fusionsdf can't be blamed by the town, since he was just the mouthpiece, right? So, fusionsdf reveals the name of the DT, DT gets lynched. Turns up blue. The town realizes they have been fucked in the ass because they lost a DT and a townie in exchange for 1 Mafia, over a (probably, assuming no vigi intervention) 2 day period. Mafia has the same KP this whole time, whittling down the town. In the end, the town has wasted 2 lynches and killed only 1 Mafia. Mafia wins, gg no re.


I don't think there's a DT involved at all. Fusionsdf is mafia, makes up the DT story (real original since it's already been used for real this game), and we're supposed to lynch the person he chose. After fanatacist turns up green/blue, we lynch the supposed DT, which is going to be another name fusionsdf makes up. Three days later, we kill him. Doing this makes perfect sense if MidnightGladius is actually mafia and fusionsdf is covering for him to buy time (and kills).

I realize this is going to look really bad for me if fanatacist gets lynched and turns up red.

That's another possibility, probably even more probable, but less profitable for Mafia than if a DT is involved.

~Opz~, fusionsdf is on the same list, is it not possible that he was worried of the same and went out of his way to single me out? What if both him and Chezinu are Mafia; they kill Mynock, which instantly would throw suspicion onto them and myself. In order to get at least one mafia out of this list, they would scapegoat me.
Peace~
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
November 10 2008 04:15 GMT
#1534
On November 10 2008 13:06 ShadowDrgn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2008 12:40 fanatacist wrote:
Here is what I suspect is happening:

DT PMs fusionsdf, tells him he is DT. Tells him the roles of people he has checked. Whether he checked me or not is unimportant, fusionsdf knows that I am definitely green/blue because HE is Mafia. fusionsdf makes this post claiming that I am a Mafia. Everyone supports it because OH MA GAWD BANDWAGON BASED ON FUSIONS' WORD LAWL. I get lynched, turn up green. fusionsdf can't be blamed by the town, since he was just the mouthpiece, right? So, fusionsdf reveals the name of the DT, DT gets lynched. Turns up blue. The town realizes they have been fucked in the ass because they lost a DT and a townie in exchange for 1 Mafia, over a (probably, assuming no vigi intervention) 2 day period. Mafia has the same KP this whole time, whittling down the town. In the end, the town has wasted 2 lynches and killed only 1 Mafia. Mafia wins, gg no re.


I don't think there's a DT involved at all. Fusionsdf is mafia, makes up the DT story (real original since it's already been used for real this game), and we're supposed to lynch the person he chose. After fanatacist turns up green/blue, we lynch the supposed DT, which is going to be another name fusionsdf makes up. Three days later, we kill him. Doing this makes perfect sense if MidnightGladius is actually mafia and fusionsdf is covering for him to buy time (and kills).

I realize this is going to look really bad for me if fanatacist gets lynched and turns up red.


ok well then kill me bofore you kill the 'DT' I don't really care that much

I'd like to stay alive, but if it means killing a mafia, 2 greens for a red is a good trade even if Im one of the greens involved.
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
mikeymoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada7170 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-10 04:26:45
November 10 2008 04:21 GMT
#1535
On November 10 2008 12:44 MidnightGladius wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

## Voting fanatacist.

Can you change the formatting of this so Chuiu finds this?
EDIT: Thanks.
o_x | Ow. | 1003 ESPORTS dollars | If you have any questions about bans please PM Kennigit
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-10 04:31:13
November 10 2008 04:24 GMT
#1536
On November 10 2008 12:52 fanatacist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2008 12:50 ~OpZ~ wrote:
On November 02 2008 14:49 Chuiu wrote:

Many in the crowd were excessively enthusiastic about the lynching and many were grave and quiet.


*Points finger at fanatacist*



FanatIcism, maybe.

Fanatacist, no. It's a bastardization of a Russian word that me and my friends used as a band name back in the day.


How is Chuiu supposed to know a word you used as a band name? Couldn't it be...Oh I don't know...Like my name? Opz meaning Ops meaning operations. Do I expect Chuiu to know my personal history?
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
November 10 2008 04:25 GMT
#1537
On November 10 2008 13:12 fanatacist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2008 13:06 ShadowDrgn wrote:
On November 10 2008 12:40 fanatacist wrote:
Here is what I suspect is happening:

DT PMs fusionsdf, tells him he is DT. Tells him the roles of people he has checked. Whether he checked me or not is unimportant, fusionsdf knows that I am definitely green/blue because HE is Mafia. fusionsdf makes this post claiming that I am a Mafia. Everyone supports it because OH MA GAWD BANDWAGON BASED ON FUSIONS' WORD LAWL. I get lynched, turn up green. fusionsdf can't be blamed by the town, since he was just the mouthpiece, right? So, fusionsdf reveals the name of the DT, DT gets lynched. Turns up blue. The town realizes they have been fucked in the ass because they lost a DT and a townie in exchange for 1 Mafia, over a (probably, assuming no vigi intervention) 2 day period. Mafia has the same KP this whole time, whittling down the town. In the end, the town has wasted 2 lynches and killed only 1 Mafia. Mafia wins, gg no re.


I don't think there's a DT involved at all. Fusionsdf is mafia, makes up the DT story (real original since it's already been used for real this game), and we're supposed to lynch the person he chose. After fanatacist turns up green/blue, we lynch the supposed DT, which is going to be another name fusionsdf makes up. Three days later, we kill him. Doing this makes perfect sense if MidnightGladius is actually mafia and fusionsdf is covering for him to buy time (and kills).

I realize this is going to look really bad for me if fanatacist gets lynched and turns up red.

That's another possibility, probably even more probable, but less profitable for Mafia than if a DT is involved.

~Opz~, fusionsdf is on the same list, is it not possible that he was worried of the same and went out of his way to single me out? What if both him and Chezinu are Mafia; they kill Mynock, which instantly would throw suspicion onto them and myself. In order to get at least one mafia out of this list, they would scapegoat me.


Or maybe I was on the same list, got role checked and cleared and you got rolechecked at confirmed mafia?
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
Night[Mare
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Mexico4793 Posts
November 10 2008 04:25 GMT
#1538
### I change my vote to Fanatacist

the attitude speaks for itself. If fanatacist was a townie, he would rather make sure the town get a hold on fusion or the "DT" that pm'ed him. Instead of fighting desperately for his life.

Mafia cant risk helping him out because they would be revealed as well.

Sorry fanatacist, if you're town, you'll be sacrificed to a greater good.
Teamliquidian townie
MidnightGladius
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
China1214 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-10 04:25:58
November 10 2008 04:25 GMT
#1539
No problem.

## I vote for fanatacist.
Trust in Bayes.
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
November 10 2008 04:28 GMT
#1540
On November 10 2008 13:25 RtS)Night[Mare wrote:
### I change my vote to Fanatacist

the attitude speaks for itself. If fanatacist was a townie, he would rather make sure the town get a hold on fusion or the "DT" that pm'ed him. Instead of fighting desperately for his life.

Mafia cant risk helping him out because they would be revealed as well.

Sorry fanatacist, if you're town, you'll be sacrificed to a greater good.

I think I was doing both, by giving that explanation for why fusion/this hypothetical DT could be Mafia or non-existant respectively.

fusionsdf, this is also a possibility, but clearly I find it unlikely due to what I know about my role and what I suspect about yours.

~Opz~, I didn't leave it out, you added it in after I quoted you.
Peace~
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 100 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 95
Codebar 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 63287
Bisu 3104
FanTaSy 1185
Stork 743
Rush 558
hero 253
Snow 227
firebathero 200
Mind 104
Free 84
[ Show more ]
Last 75
Sexy 64
Sea.KH 63
Pusan 57
Sharp 57
ToSsGirL 42
Trap 33
Bale 28
Mong 25
Hm[arnc] 23
HiyA 21
Terrorterran 20
Rock 19
Aegong 17
yabsab 16
zelot 15
Noble 12
Sacsri 11
scan(afreeca) 10
IntoTheRainbow 9
Shine 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9058
Dendi917
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King92
Other Games
singsing2701
fl0m2388
Liquid`RaSZi1328
B2W.Neo676
Beastyqt622
Mlord409
Happy367
Khaldor333
KnowMe263
Hui .201
crisheroes191
olofmeister183
Chillindude68
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV260
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• HeavenSC 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV540
League of Legends
• Nemesis4226
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1322
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
28m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 28m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 28m
OSC
8h 28m
Replay Cast
8h 28m
OSC
21h 28m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.