• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:16
CEST 03:16
KST 10:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9054 users

TL Mafia 3 [Night 5] - Page 74

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 100 Next
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
November 09 2008 23:09 GMT
#1461
On November 09 2008 20:33 Scorch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2008 06:28 Mynock wrote:
Alright people, listen up: I've got information from a detective regarding the last vote tally, and it seems that out of the people who voted for decafchicken, 2 are mafia.

Another person should soon confirm the same message.

Now, we obviously can't be 100% that the information is correct, but I think it's somewhat safe to assume it is, since role-claiming, especially an important role like a DT, would be a pretty stupid move by mafia.

That would be
    Mandalor
    ZBiR
    Artanis[Xp]
    HeRoS)Pink
    Amber[LighT]
    Lenwe
    BloodyC0bbler
Since Mynock is innocent too, his information seems quite reliable. A mafia could have claimed DT towards him, but that's very risky and thus unlikely.
So we have a great 2 mafia out of 5 (40%):
    ZBiR
    Artanis[Xp]
    HeRoS)Pink
    Lenwe
    BloodyC0bbler
BloodyC0bbler seems to be high on everybody's suspect list for various reasons, so he should be killed soon too.


What doesn't make sense is why the mafia would kill 2 people on that list. Mandalor was making some good posts, but Amber?

How about this scenario:
Mafia claims he's a DT and messages Mynock about the decaf list. Mynock posts the information he received and becomes an obvious target, hopefully drawing medic protection. Mafia takes a risk with the suicide bomber to get some medics.

Now, how much of a risk is claiming to be a detective when you're going to kill the person you told the next night? It's extremely unlikely that Mynock was going to out the informant, and now he's dead. Although they're obviously hoping that Mynock doesn't just PM someone now. If I were mafia, I wouldn't take that chance.

It would make sense that nemy suicided himself as part of a plan and not just as an opportunity, but perhaps the mafia thought the alliteration clues were going to nail him?
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 09 2008 23:10 GMT
#1462
Guys, with this list:
ZBiR
Artanis[Xp]
HeRoS)Pink
Lenwe
BloodyC0bbler

We have 2 mafia, so I suggest we split this list up in a group of 2 and of 3 and allow the DT to check both lists. If a detective has used all his rolechecks already, he should share his information with anyone that he found as innocent so that if a detective dies somehow, that person gets confirmation that the information is correct.

Perhaps that could be sped up if the group of 2 turns out to contain 2 mafia though, since offering a DT for 2 mafia seems like a good thing, especially since there are only 7 left. Hm.
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
November 09 2008 23:11 GMT
#1463
On November 10 2008 08:09 ShadowDrgn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2008 20:33 Scorch wrote:
On November 09 2008 06:28 Mynock wrote:
Alright people, listen up: I've got information from a detective regarding the last vote tally, and it seems that out of the people who voted for decafchicken, 2 are mafia.

Another person should soon confirm the same message.

Now, we obviously can't be 100% that the information is correct, but I think it's somewhat safe to assume it is, since role-claiming, especially an important role like a DT, would be a pretty stupid move by mafia.

That would be
    Mandalor
    ZBiR
    Artanis[Xp]
    HeRoS)Pink
    Amber[LighT]
    Lenwe
    BloodyC0bbler
Since Mynock is innocent too, his information seems quite reliable. A mafia could have claimed DT towards him, but that's very risky and thus unlikely.
So we have a great 2 mafia out of 5 (40%):
    ZBiR
    Artanis[Xp]
    HeRoS)Pink
    Lenwe
    BloodyC0bbler
BloodyC0bbler seems to be high on everybody's suspect list for various reasons, so he should be killed soon too.


What doesn't make sense is why the mafia would kill 2 people on that list. Mandalor was making some good posts, but Amber?

How about this scenario:
Mafia claims he's a DT and messages Mynock about the decaf list. Mynock posts the information he received and becomes an obvious target, hopefully drawing medic protection. Mafia takes a risk with the suicide bomber to get some medics.


Now, how much of a risk is claiming to be a detective when you're going to kill the person you told the next night? It's extremely unlikely that Mynock was going to out the informant, and now he's dead. Although they're obviously hoping that Mynock doesn't just PM someone now. If I were mafia, I wouldn't take that chance.

It would make sense that nemy suicided himself as part of a plan and not just as an opportunity, but perhaps the mafia thought the alliteration clues were going to nail him?


I agree with this interpretation (we still cant say for sure)

which is why I think we should avoid acting on that list if we have better alternatives
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 09 2008 23:12 GMT
#1464
Additionally, if a Detective claims to have found two mafia on a specific list, allow him to live for a night (or perhaps even two) to force mafia to kill him or we'll gain even more information when we eventually decide to lynch him.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 09 2008 23:14 GMT
#1465
Third option would actually be lynching one of the two people that the "detective" said were mafia. If he turns up green/blue, we get a free mafia after that.
mikeymoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada7170 Posts
November 09 2008 23:27 GMT
#1466
On November 10 2008 08:11 fusionsdf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2008 08:09 ShadowDrgn wrote:
On November 09 2008 20:33 Scorch wrote:
On November 09 2008 06:28 Mynock wrote:
Alright people, listen up: I've got information from a detective regarding the last vote tally, and it seems that out of the people who voted for decafchicken, 2 are mafia.

Another person should soon confirm the same message.

Now, we obviously can't be 100% that the information is correct, but I think it's somewhat safe to assume it is, since role-claiming, especially an important role like a DT, would be a pretty stupid move by mafia.

That would be
    Mandalor
    ZBiR
    Artanis[Xp]
    HeRoS)Pink
    Amber[LighT]
    Lenwe
    BloodyC0bbler
Since Mynock is innocent too, his information seems quite reliable. A mafia could have claimed DT towards him, but that's very risky and thus unlikely.
So we have a great 2 mafia out of 5 (40%):
    ZBiR
    Artanis[Xp]
    HeRoS)Pink
    Lenwe
    BloodyC0bbler
BloodyC0bbler seems to be high on everybody's suspect list for various reasons, so he should be killed soon too.


What doesn't make sense is why the mafia would kill 2 people on that list. Mandalor was making some good posts, but Amber?

How about this scenario:
Mafia claims he's a DT and messages Mynock about the decaf list. Mynock posts the information he received and becomes an obvious target, hopefully drawing medic protection. Mafia takes a risk with the suicide bomber to get some medics.


Now, how much of a risk is claiming to be a detective when you're going to kill the person you told the next night? It's extremely unlikely that Mynock was going to out the informant, and now he's dead. Although they're obviously hoping that Mynock doesn't just PM someone now. If I were mafia, I wouldn't take that chance.

It would make sense that nemy suicided himself as part of a plan and not just as an opportunity, but perhaps the mafia thought the alliteration clues were going to nail him?


I agree with this interpretation (we still cant say for sure)

which is why I think we should avoid acting on that list if we have better alternatives


I still think acting on that list is our best chance. What other alternatives do we have? (It's not rhetorical, I'm actually asking for your input). Clue analysis?
o_x | Ow. | 1003 ESPORTS dollars | If you have any questions about bans please PM Kennigit
Night[Mare
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Mexico4793 Posts
November 10 2008 00:00 GMT
#1467
i wonder why midnight gladius is so quiet suddenly...

anyway, based on the clues it looks like the strongest link is Scorch -> burning hand. therefore

## I vote for Scorch

Teamliquidian townie
clazziquai
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
6685 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-10 00:03:39
November 10 2008 00:03 GMT
#1468
I vote for BloodyC0bber

edit: bolded so Chuiu can see easier.
#1 Sea.Really Fan / #1 Nesh Fan / Terran Forever~
Night[Mare
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Mexico4793 Posts
November 10 2008 00:05 GMT
#1469
clazziquai why are you voting for bloodyc0bbler ?

what's the clue that points us towards him?
Teamliquidian townie
mikeymoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada7170 Posts
November 10 2008 00:05 GMT
#1470
Any split list nightmare?
o_x | Ow. | 1003 ESPORTS dollars | If you have any questions about bans please PM Kennigit
Night[Mare
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Mexico4793 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-10 00:16:30
November 10 2008 00:14 GMT
#1471
ZBiR, Artanis[Xp], HeRoS)Pink, Lenwe, BloodyC0bbler Listen :

because you people are being suspected heavily, you should split your votes; since its only 5 of you, i really doubt it will swing the balance to any side so:

imDerek <--- vote for him
ZBiR
Artanis[Xp]

i think you guys should only vote for imDerek, he's rather inactive so whatever.

Heroes)PinkHeRoS)Pink, Lenwe, BloodyC0bbler vote wherever you want. I think the town has not agreed in one top suspect but should we agree on one we should vote on him.

As for my self, i think the strongest suspect is scorch atm; i would tell you to vote for him but this is free will haha
Teamliquidian townie
Scorch
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Austria3371 Posts
November 10 2008 00:21 GMT
#1472
Before a serious bandwagon is started against me:
Don't make a mistake by lynching me. I'm an innocent townie. I'm very active and try to be constructive and helpful. (Just like in the last game btw, I was townie there too.) There are other suspects who can't say that. Please lynch those before me, and see whether more fire clues come up in the meantime. When in doubt, leave the talkative guy alive and kill the silent one instead, who wouldn't be useful even if he was a townie.
I can offer to vote for someone that noone else votes for, so that detectives can easily check that list without wasting a role check on me. If someone else has an idea how I can clear my name, please tell me.
clazziquai
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
6685 Posts
November 10 2008 00:56 GMT
#1473
Well I can change my vote if you want...

I thought I read a page or two ago that someone said that BloodyC0bbler is the strongest suspect.
Want me to change who to vote for?

Is there a certain vote list or something.
#1 Sea.Really Fan / #1 Nesh Fan / Terran Forever~
KH1031
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
United States862 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-10 15:00:34
November 10 2008 01:05 GMT
#1474
On November 09 2008 15:25 Chuiu wrote:
[image loading]
Mandalor was having just as little luck with his opponent and things got worse when it turned into a knife fight. His agile opponent grabbed Mandalor on the shoulder and pulled him close as he plunged the dagger in one side of Mandalors stomach. To finish Mandalor off he pulled the blade all the way to the other end of his stomach.

MidnightGladius' Profile

I think MidnightGladius is this guy.

Can someone check?

Also...I realized that I forgot to vote yesterday.

For now, I vote for MidnightGladius. (11/10/08 10:06 KST)

I change my vote to fanatacist (11/11/08 00:00 KST)
Night[Mare
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Mexico4793 Posts
November 10 2008 01:06 GMT
#1475
On November 10 2008 09:56 clazziquai wrote:
I thought I read a page or two ago that someone said that BloodyC0bbler is the strongest suspect.
Want me to change who to vote for?


please list this "clue" you're talking about. He has been pointed by fingers without any reasonable clue.

Btw scorch, what good suspect could you offer atm?
Teamliquidian townie
Night[Mare
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Mexico4793 Posts
November 10 2008 01:10 GMT
#1476
i like KH1031 clue. However i need townie support. please lets agree on a main suspect and vote for him
Teamliquidian townie
clazziquai
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
6685 Posts
November 10 2008 01:11 GMT
#1477
Where in my post do I say I saw a "clue"
I basiaclly said I saw someone sayinb c0bbler was the strongest suspect.
#1 Sea.Really Fan / #1 Nesh Fan / Terran Forever~
Scorch
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Austria3371 Posts
November 10 2008 01:13 GMT
#1478
MidnightGladius would be my top pick. You can find clues against him in all three day posts. And he's suspiciously quiet although he's been a top suspect since Day 1. Here's my analysis on him from Day 2:
On November 07 2008 07:01 Scorch wrote:
I hereby vote to lynch MidnightGladius.

His quote
"It's time to acknowledge the inevitable. Stifle your pride and embrace the glory of change." - Volrath Ishnikar, the Faithless General
fits in with the clues of the first day.

Team Micro Melee: Macro - FE -> Nukes
Could fit the Nefarious Neighbor who uses nukes too.

Always ready to try out the strangest builds conceivable
Could be connected to day 2's Individual.

And I'm sure you could also find something for him being/having a gladius if you want.

As for Day 3 clues, just look up 2 posts

Good night now. I hope I'll still be alive when I return. Otherwise, good luck town!
Night[Mare
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Mexico4793 Posts
November 10 2008 01:18 GMT
#1479
## I change my vote to Midnight Gladius
Teamliquidian townie
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
November 10 2008 01:21 GMT
#1480
I vote to lynch MidnightGladius
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 100 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 161
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 459
Bale 45
League of Legends
Doublelift4514
Other Games
summit1g9275
JimRising 562
ViBE228
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick676
BasetradeTV188
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 109
• Light_VIP 9
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1136
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 45m
Patches Events
13h 45m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 45m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 45m
OSC
21h 45m
OSC
1d 10h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.