• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:46
CEST 11:46
KST 18:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)34Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8619 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 63 64 65 Next
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 14:33 GMT
#645
On March 04 2024 23:29 sandroba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 23:17 Vivax wrote:
On March 04 2024 22:10 sandroba wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:40 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:34 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:31 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:25 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:24 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:19 Trfel wrote:
[quote]Seems like an easy way to avoid the responsibility of the results of said lynch, no?

And I don't understand why saying pregame that you would vote for Palmar and then changing your mind is a reason we should make you mayor?


I was making a joke about Vivax saying he was going to autovote Palmar pregame and then immediately changed his mind.

Imo the Mayor KP is town KP, not a oneshot Day vig. It's not about avoiding responsibility it's about giving the town a chance to pull a 2for1 on D1.

Actually I'll cement that point, if I'm not going to win the mayor vote at the end of the day, I'm not going to vote for someone who hasn't also pledged to have the town decide the lynch.
I don't think the second wagon is a "town lynch" at all. In fact there's a decent likelihood that the second wagon would be pushed by mafia, no?

That's assuming the first lynch is scum which D1 imo is a crap shoot, it's just as likely to be town pushed by mafia and the runner up is the scum, hence the double tap. TL towns are like barely 50% for D1 scum lynches iirc.
You're still ignoring the possibility that both are town. My point is, just because "town" votes for something doesn't make it the best play. I'm not saying you have to go for a hero play or something, but just that automatically lynching the top two instead of the top one isn't necessarily a good idea.

If both are town then we'll have played a colossally trash D1 and I wouldn't be trusting my own read anymore than I trust any other individual on D1. There's something to be said for wisdom of the crowds.
There's almost nothing to be said for wisdom of the crowds, that's the point. It's 16 vs 5, the whole point is that wisdom of the crowds is really ineffective, that's how the game works.


Only read the thread up to this point so far. I think the once great town hero Trfel has betrayed us and is working with the enemy.
The fact that he is choosing to comment so much on this technical aspect and not on people's alignment indicative behavior is what makes me believe this is the case.


And why does it sound like you‘re scumreading him here and afterwards he lands in your top towns ?


It sounds like that because that's exactly what happened.


Too bad he‘s scummed it up more than once and you should know better than that.

His Oats townread is explained in a very scummy manner and selective too, so its agenda driven.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 14:34 GMT
#647
On March 04 2024 23:33 die_meatbaby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 23:07 Vivax wrote:
##Vote: Trfel
##Mayor: Vivax


Sandroba why do you believe that Trfel is town ?


nope no Austrians to power please


I agree you shouldn‘t be mayor.
Luckily I am Italian.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 14:35 GMT
#648
I just presented evidence to the contrary of what Sandro believes and he just sits there and takes it.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 14:40 GMT
#652
On March 04 2024 23:39 sandroba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 23:35 Vivax wrote:
I just presented evidence to the contrary of what Sandro believes and he just sits there and takes it.

If you consider time to be at a standstill that would make it a paradox. I won't fight you for correctly pointing out I changed my mind.


I will fight you because it doesn‘t look like a well explained progression.
I am questioning the basis of your read.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 14:56 GMT
#659
On March 04 2024 23:42 sandroba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 23:33 Vivax wrote:
On March 04 2024 23:29 sandroba wrote:
On March 04 2024 23:17 Vivax wrote:
On March 04 2024 22:10 sandroba wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:40 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:34 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:31 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:25 Trfel wrote:
[quote]I don't think the second wagon is a "town lynch" at all. In fact there's a decent likelihood that the second wagon would be pushed by mafia, no?

That's assuming the first lynch is scum which D1 imo is a crap shoot, it's just as likely to be town pushed by mafia and the runner up is the scum, hence the double tap. TL towns are like barely 50% for D1 scum lynches iirc.
You're still ignoring the possibility that both are town. My point is, just because "town" votes for something doesn't make it the best play. I'm not saying you have to go for a hero play or something, but just that automatically lynching the top two instead of the top one isn't necessarily a good idea.

If both are town then we'll have played a colossally trash D1 and I wouldn't be trusting my own read anymore than I trust any other individual on D1. There's something to be said for wisdom of the crowds.
There's almost nothing to be said for wisdom of the crowds, that's the point. It's 16 vs 5, the whole point is that wisdom of the crowds is really ineffective, that's how the game works.


Only read the thread up to this point so far. I think the once great town hero Trfel has betrayed us and is working with the enemy.
The fact that he is choosing to comment so much on this technical aspect and not on people's alignment indicative behavior is what makes me believe this is the case.


And why does it sound like you‘re scumreading him here and afterwards he lands in your top towns ?


It sounds like that because that's exactly what happened.


Too bad he‘s scummed it up more than once and you should know better than that.

His Oats townread is explained in a very scummy manner and selective too, so its agenda driven.


Can you elaborate more on what makes it scummy and selective? When I read it I felt like it pointed out the things that jumped out to me as well.


It came at a time when Oats perception in the thread wasn‘t established as townie and he had a perception contrary to mine and DP‘s.

Part of his reason for the townread was that Oats questioned DP not wanting to be mayor but it was also the first question I posed to him in the game so if that‘s his parameter then it‘s not such an unique angle as he said Oats was using to explain the townread.

In other words I think he townread Oats just for the purpose of looking right and profiling himself.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 14:58 GMT
#660
On March 04 2024 23:53 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I mean your sandroba suspicion.


I think he‘s trying to counter the buildup of pressure on Trfel and I don‘t want him doing that.

I also think I have put on display enough examples of Trfel‘s posts looking sketchy and he just ignored them.

He just blanket calls them townie instead of delivering in the same manner.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 17:09 GMT
#771
Frustrating game so far, feels like talking to a wall.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 17:13 GMT
#776
I have been thinking a bit about it and believe that the benefits outweigh the drawbacks of me claiming Jailkeeper on D1.

That‘s basically the only reason I want to be mayor.

I think that with half the day over we‘re far enough in the phase to have gathered who else was keen on the mayor spot without having the role to justify it.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 17:15 GMT
#785
On March 05 2024 02:14 iamperfection wrote:
Vivax I cant


We remove the risk of a mafia mayor or me getting vigged.
I think it‘s better and it removes the uncertainty from my slot.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 17:29 GMT
#803
On March 05 2024 02:21 raynpelikoneet wrote:
##UnMayor: raynpelikoneet
##Mayor: Vivax

for now.

Vivax, you need to listen, and not be unpredictable. Okay?


Promise.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 17:32 GMT
#807
And sorry copcake my shift starts now and I couldn‘t think of anything on the spot.

I honestly considered to claim at the start of the day just like Blazinghand would.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 17:33 GMT
#812
On March 05 2024 02:32 iamperfection wrote:
I'm inclined to think vivax has to be town. No scum claims like that. I strongly oppose any effort to make him mayor. He already has shown he willing to throw as town we aren't giving him power.


Ok I‘ll just get NKd D1 and you can take it from there with your sound advice.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 17:34 GMT
#816
On March 05 2024 02:34 marvellosity wrote:
I’m currently not looking outside my mason partners for mayor.


Sandro is scummy though
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 17:36 GMT
#821
Slam could be fakeclaiming its meaningless imo. Maybe he just lacks the motivation and wanted a CC. Cop is rather safe to not instantly provoke one.

And he was being scumread.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 18:02 GMT
#851
On March 05 2024 02:59 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 02:39 marvellosity wrote:
Vivax is town but I don’t trust his lynch target if he gets elected.

Vivax what's your intent regarding your lynch target?


I'd just go with the second majority like MZ offered.
I am mostly just interested in not playing reactively and reading and producing readslists atm. Being off the table helps me.

Besides, I already know I won't need to put effort in if some players here won't give semi-confirmed town the spot.

Right now they could be looking at the other ones who wanted the role but instead they just jeer.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 18:03 GMT
#853
If you threaten the mafia to make me mayor you might even provoke a counterclaim.
Bad strategic thinking from rayn voters.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 18:14 GMT
#861
On March 05 2024 03:05 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 03:03 Vivax wrote:
If you threaten the mafia to make me mayor you might even provoke a counterclaim.
Bad strategic thinking from rayn voters.

Explain how to my dumb ass


An investigative claim is less likely to provoke a counterclaim with the possible presence of multiple ones.
Have I seen a game with doctor + jailkeeper? Maybe once I think.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 18:17 GMT
#865
On March 05 2024 03:15 marvellosity wrote:
No mafia counter claims to try to influence the mayor vote


They almost have to permanently burn a roleblock on me and find the bodyguards. And I don't run the risk of interfering with town roles.

I think my claim was good play, until I saw that only Rels knew what to do.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 18:18 GMT
#868
On March 05 2024 03:17 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 03:14 Vivax wrote:
On March 05 2024 03:05 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 05 2024 03:03 Vivax wrote:
If you threaten the mafia to make me mayor you might even provoke a counterclaim.
Bad strategic thinking from rayn voters.

Explain how to my dumb ass


An investigative claim is less likely to provoke a counterclaim with the possible presence of multiple ones.
Have I seen a game with doctor + jailkeeper? Maybe once I think.

How does this make you a better mayor than Rayn Marv Hapa Iamp VE?

Because no one is going to make me mayor.


From what I saw with your claim your intention was different.
You dind't want to be mayor with your claim unlike me, you just wanted to not prove yourself town.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 18:19 GMT
#872
On March 05 2024 03:19 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 03:03 Vivax wrote:
If you threaten the mafia to make me mayor you might even provoke a counterclaim.
Bad strategic thinking from rayn voters.

no way mafia cc's for mayor...


One more reason for me to be town
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 63 64 65 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech136
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1172
Bisu 598
BeSt 376
Hyuk 306
actioN 172
Leta 140
EffOrt 131
Zeus 121
ZerO 84
Light 79
[ Show more ]
Soma 76
Horang2 74
Mind 46
Shinee 46
Mong 41
Killer 35
soO 32
Aegong 31
sorry 28
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 22
PianO 19
Terrorterran 13
Sharp 11
ZergMaN 9
HiyA 8
JulyZerg 8
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe161
League of Legends
JimRising 368
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1250
shoxiejesuss683
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King181
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1749
Other Games
gofns29295
summit1g8365
singsing1453
ceh9612
crisheroes296
XBOCT167
DeMusliM141
ArmadaUGS109
Livibee94
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick518
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream237
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH266
• LUISG 13
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2276
League of Legends
• Jankos1873
• Rush1307
• Stunt426
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
14m
OSC
3h 14m
Stellar Fest
3h 14m
OSC
14h 14m
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.