• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:48
CEST 15:48
KST 22:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War485.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7965 users

Newbie Student Mafia XXVII - Page 14

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 77 Next
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
October 13 2017 19:28 GMT
#261
Happykrogan is almost certainly town.

RuXxar is also the only player silly enough to think that drawing suspicion to himself would be a good town plan.
+ Show Spoiler +

On October 14 2017 03:36 ruXxar wrote:
Then there's the passive way, where you make yourself vulnerable and allow people to push you.
This requires you to make yourself a target that people want to engage with, by performing actions that people find dubious.


happykrogan
Profile Joined March 2017
Germany408 Posts
October 13 2017 19:33 GMT
#262
On October 14 2017 04:26 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 04:10 happykrogan wrote:
On October 14 2017 03:36 ruXxar wrote:
On October 14 2017 02:03 MrLonelyClock wrote:
On October 13 2017 22:34 ruXxar wrote:
Going to form a Poe list later tonight.

Still waiting...

On October 13 2017 23:56 ruXxar wrote:
On October 13 2017 23:38 happykrogan wrote:
So you're my coach now?
II think the questions you asked conversion about conversion about damerion and holyflare about lonelyclock just have pretty obvious answers and could be just there for the reason that the people see that you ask questions.

flood control appeared and I have to wait...
I would have posted this immedieatly otherwise


It's a newbie game, so I'm taking the liberty of giving you some friendly advice.

By all means, do your own thing.

--

See, the thing is that activity by itself is not a sole measure of towniness.
And if you asked me, I wouldn't say that I'm even trying very hard to solve the game right now.

Right now you're undermining the intelligence of the rest of the players in the game by assuming that they don't see that I'm posting fluff.

I'm pretty sure they do know.
And if they don't know, then I can confirm that is exactly what I'm doing.

Your post was a good idea, don't get get me wrong, but in my experience it's a terrible scum indicator.

This is all according to your logic:
- activity doesn't make you town (therefore you fluff doesn't necessarily make you town)
- not trying to solve the game (anti-town mentality, only useful for mafia)
- agrees that has been posting fluff

None of this is helpful to town in any way. I think rux is probably scum now. The only "useful" thing coming from him is that people are posting about him mostly, but there are better ways to get people involved.


1)
Activity is not a sole indicator of towniness. But more often than not, active people are town, with some exceptions.
Mafia has no need to drive the game from day 1 unless they are feeling pressured.

With the town to mafia ratio being the way it is, town is most likey to lynch one of their own, while mafia can throw out weak sheeps or town reads of the lynch target to get post flip karma.

2)
To me there's two ways to solve the game.

There's the active way, were you make reads, pressure and push people.
This is what people refer to when they say "Solving the game". Aka what oats is doing.

Then there's the passive way, where you make yourself vulnerable and allow people to push you.
This requires you to make yourself a target that people want to engage with, by performing actions that people find dubious.

The end result of both methods is the same, you usually end up in a heated debate with some people where emotions shine through and you're able to get a better read on them.

No matter if I'm pushing people or the one being pushed by people, I'm getting information that I can use to form reads and in the end I will be able to make a better informed decision when choosing my lynch target.


Ok that's interesting. I don't know yet if I believe you but it sounds logical. I unvote for now and observe if your posts get better. I'm not a fan of your list post though.
I actually hope you are town. You made me laugh with your defense.

BTW does anyone else think it's mafia indicative that Holyflare's posts raised my confidence?

Ok wait while writing I changed my opinion. My vote is in a good place. You did'nt get better.
I let the post how it is you can follow my thought process.


What was it that HF posted that changed your lean into a read?


It just gave me confidence that a he townread me, said my read was good and saw the same things like me (You trying to coach me away from my read for example).
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 13 2017 19:47 GMT
#263
On October 14 2017 04:33 happykrogan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 04:26 ruXxar wrote:
On October 14 2017 04:10 happykrogan wrote:
On October 14 2017 03:36 ruXxar wrote:
On October 14 2017 02:03 MrLonelyClock wrote:
On October 13 2017 22:34 ruXxar wrote:
Going to form a Poe list later tonight.

Still waiting...

On October 13 2017 23:56 ruXxar wrote:
On October 13 2017 23:38 happykrogan wrote:
So you're my coach now?
II think the questions you asked conversion about conversion about damerion and holyflare about lonelyclock just have pretty obvious answers and could be just there for the reason that the people see that you ask questions.

flood control appeared and I have to wait...
I would have posted this immedieatly otherwise


It's a newbie game, so I'm taking the liberty of giving you some friendly advice.

By all means, do your own thing.

--

See, the thing is that activity by itself is not a sole measure of towniness.
And if you asked me, I wouldn't say that I'm even trying very hard to solve the game right now.

Right now you're undermining the intelligence of the rest of the players in the game by assuming that they don't see that I'm posting fluff.

I'm pretty sure they do know.
And if they don't know, then I can confirm that is exactly what I'm doing.

Your post was a good idea, don't get get me wrong, but in my experience it's a terrible scum indicator.

This is all according to your logic:
- activity doesn't make you town (therefore you fluff doesn't necessarily make you town)
- not trying to solve the game (anti-town mentality, only useful for mafia)
- agrees that has been posting fluff

None of this is helpful to town in any way. I think rux is probably scum now. The only "useful" thing coming from him is that people are posting about him mostly, but there are better ways to get people involved.


1)
Activity is not a sole indicator of towniness. But more often than not, active people are town, with some exceptions.
Mafia has no need to drive the game from day 1 unless they are feeling pressured.

With the town to mafia ratio being the way it is, town is most likey to lynch one of their own, while mafia can throw out weak sheeps or town reads of the lynch target to get post flip karma.

2)
To me there's two ways to solve the game.

There's the active way, were you make reads, pressure and push people.
This is what people refer to when they say "Solving the game". Aka what oats is doing.

Then there's the passive way, where you make yourself vulnerable and allow people to push you.
This requires you to make yourself a target that people want to engage with, by performing actions that people find dubious.

The end result of both methods is the same, you usually end up in a heated debate with some people where emotions shine through and you're able to get a better read on them.

No matter if I'm pushing people or the one being pushed by people, I'm getting information that I can use to form reads and in the end I will be able to make a better informed decision when choosing my lynch target.


Ok that's interesting. I don't know yet if I believe you but it sounds logical. I unvote for now and observe if your posts get better. I'm not a fan of your list post though.
I actually hope you are town. You made me laugh with your defense.

BTW does anyone else think it's mafia indicative that Holyflare's posts raised my confidence?

Ok wait while writing I changed my opinion. My vote is in a good place. You did'nt get better.
I let the post how it is you can follow my thought process.


What was it that HF posted that changed your lean into a read?


It just gave me confidence that a he townread me, said my read was good and saw the same things like me (You trying to coach me away from my read for example).


And what do you make of the fact that he called your scum read on me "the best read in the game", but he himself is neither calling me scum nor voting for me?
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
happykrogan
Profile Joined March 2017
Germany408 Posts
October 13 2017 19:56 GMT
#264
On October 14 2017 04:47 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 04:33 happykrogan wrote:
On October 14 2017 04:26 ruXxar wrote:
On October 14 2017 04:10 happykrogan wrote:
On October 14 2017 03:36 ruXxar wrote:
On October 14 2017 02:03 MrLonelyClock wrote:
On October 13 2017 22:34 ruXxar wrote:
Going to form a Poe list later tonight.

Still waiting...

On October 13 2017 23:56 ruXxar wrote:
On October 13 2017 23:38 happykrogan wrote:
So you're my coach now?
II think the questions you asked conversion about conversion about damerion and holyflare about lonelyclock just have pretty obvious answers and could be just there for the reason that the people see that you ask questions.

flood control appeared and I have to wait...
I would have posted this immedieatly otherwise


It's a newbie game, so I'm taking the liberty of giving you some friendly advice.

By all means, do your own thing.

--

See, the thing is that activity by itself is not a sole measure of towniness.
And if you asked me, I wouldn't say that I'm even trying very hard to solve the game right now.

Right now you're undermining the intelligence of the rest of the players in the game by assuming that they don't see that I'm posting fluff.

I'm pretty sure they do know.
And if they don't know, then I can confirm that is exactly what I'm doing.

Your post was a good idea, don't get get me wrong, but in my experience it's a terrible scum indicator.

This is all according to your logic:
- activity doesn't make you town (therefore you fluff doesn't necessarily make you town)
- not trying to solve the game (anti-town mentality, only useful for mafia)
- agrees that has been posting fluff

None of this is helpful to town in any way. I think rux is probably scum now. The only "useful" thing coming from him is that people are posting about him mostly, but there are better ways to get people involved.


1)
Activity is not a sole indicator of towniness. But more often than not, active people are town, with some exceptions.
Mafia has no need to drive the game from day 1 unless they are feeling pressured.

With the town to mafia ratio being the way it is, town is most likey to lynch one of their own, while mafia can throw out weak sheeps or town reads of the lynch target to get post flip karma.

2)
To me there's two ways to solve the game.

There's the active way, were you make reads, pressure and push people.
This is what people refer to when they say "Solving the game". Aka what oats is doing.

Then there's the passive way, where you make yourself vulnerable and allow people to push you.
This requires you to make yourself a target that people want to engage with, by performing actions that people find dubious.

The end result of both methods is the same, you usually end up in a heated debate with some people where emotions shine through and you're able to get a better read on them.

No matter if I'm pushing people or the one being pushed by people, I'm getting information that I can use to form reads and in the end I will be able to make a better informed decision when choosing my lynch target.


Ok that's interesting. I don't know yet if I believe you but it sounds logical. I unvote for now and observe if your posts get better. I'm not a fan of your list post though.
I actually hope you are town. You made me laugh with your defense.

BTW does anyone else think it's mafia indicative that Holyflare's posts raised my confidence?

Ok wait while writing I changed my opinion. My vote is in a good place. You did'nt get better.
I let the post how it is you can follow my thought process.


What was it that HF posted that changed your lean into a read?


It just gave me confidence that a he townread me, said my read was good and saw the same things like me (You trying to coach me away from my read for example).


And what do you make of the fact that he called your scum read on me "the best read in the game", but he himself is neither calling me scum nor voting for me?


He could be mafia trying to influence me so that I am loud and set you up for a mislynch while staying in the background.
He could also think it is a good read but want to wait until he decides. There is over a day left.

You could be mafia trying to manipulate me against holyflare.

I don't know and I'm looking forward to find out
happykrogan
Profile Joined March 2017
Germany408 Posts
October 13 2017 19:58 GMT
#265
On October 14 2017 04:47 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 04:33 happykrogan wrote:
On October 14 2017 04:26 ruXxar wrote:
On October 14 2017 04:10 happykrogan wrote:
On October 14 2017 03:36 ruXxar wrote:
On October 14 2017 02:03 MrLonelyClock wrote:
On October 13 2017 22:34 ruXxar wrote:
Going to form a Poe list later tonight.

Still waiting...

On October 13 2017 23:56 ruXxar wrote:
On October 13 2017 23:38 happykrogan wrote:
So you're my coach now?
II think the questions you asked conversion about conversion about damerion and holyflare about lonelyclock just have pretty obvious answers and could be just there for the reason that the people see that you ask questions.

flood control appeared and I have to wait...
I would have posted this immedieatly otherwise


It's a newbie game, so I'm taking the liberty of giving you some friendly advice.

By all means, do your own thing.

--

See, the thing is that activity by itself is not a sole measure of towniness.
And if you asked me, I wouldn't say that I'm even trying very hard to solve the game right now.

Right now you're undermining the intelligence of the rest of the players in the game by assuming that they don't see that I'm posting fluff.

I'm pretty sure they do know.
And if they don't know, then I can confirm that is exactly what I'm doing.

Your post was a good idea, don't get get me wrong, but in my experience it's a terrible scum indicator.

This is all according to your logic:
- activity doesn't make you town (therefore you fluff doesn't necessarily make you town)
- not trying to solve the game (anti-town mentality, only useful for mafia)
- agrees that has been posting fluff

None of this is helpful to town in any way. I think rux is probably scum now. The only "useful" thing coming from him is that people are posting about him mostly, but there are better ways to get people involved.


1)
Activity is not a sole indicator of towniness. But more often than not, active people are town, with some exceptions.
Mafia has no need to drive the game from day 1 unless they are feeling pressured.

With the town to mafia ratio being the way it is, town is most likey to lynch one of their own, while mafia can throw out weak sheeps or town reads of the lynch target to get post flip karma.

2)
To me there's two ways to solve the game.

There's the active way, were you make reads, pressure and push people.
This is what people refer to when they say "Solving the game". Aka what oats is doing.

Then there's the passive way, where you make yourself vulnerable and allow people to push you.
This requires you to make yourself a target that people want to engage with, by performing actions that people find dubious.

The end result of both methods is the same, you usually end up in a heated debate with some people where emotions shine through and you're able to get a better read on them.

No matter if I'm pushing people or the one being pushed by people, I'm getting information that I can use to form reads and in the end I will be able to make a better informed decision when choosing my lynch target.


Ok that's interesting. I don't know yet if I believe you but it sounds logical. I unvote for now and observe if your posts get better. I'm not a fan of your list post though.
I actually hope you are town. You made me laugh with your defense.

BTW does anyone else think it's mafia indicative that Holyflare's posts raised my confidence?

Ok wait while writing I changed my opinion. My vote is in a good place. You did'nt get better.
I let the post how it is you can follow my thought process.


What was it that HF posted that changed your lean into a read?


It just gave me confidence that a he townread me, said my read was good and saw the same things like me (You trying to coach me away from my read for example).


And what do you make of the fact that he called your scum read on me "the best read in the game", but he himself is neither calling me scum nor voting for me?


I have to admit this is a good post. You make me think about it.
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 13 2017 19:59 GMT
#266
On October 14 2017 04:56 happykrogan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 04:47 ruXxar wrote:
On October 14 2017 04:33 happykrogan wrote:
On October 14 2017 04:26 ruXxar wrote:
On October 14 2017 04:10 happykrogan wrote:
On October 14 2017 03:36 ruXxar wrote:
On October 14 2017 02:03 MrLonelyClock wrote:
On October 13 2017 22:34 ruXxar wrote:
Going to form a Poe list later tonight.

Still waiting...

On October 13 2017 23:56 ruXxar wrote:
On October 13 2017 23:38 happykrogan wrote:
So you're my coach now?
II think the questions you asked conversion about conversion about damerion and holyflare about lonelyclock just have pretty obvious answers and could be just there for the reason that the people see that you ask questions.

flood control appeared and I have to wait...
I would have posted this immedieatly otherwise


It's a newbie game, so I'm taking the liberty of giving you some friendly advice.

By all means, do your own thing.

--

See, the thing is that activity by itself is not a sole measure of towniness.
And if you asked me, I wouldn't say that I'm even trying very hard to solve the game right now.

Right now you're undermining the intelligence of the rest of the players in the game by assuming that they don't see that I'm posting fluff.

I'm pretty sure they do know.
And if they don't know, then I can confirm that is exactly what I'm doing.

Your post was a good idea, don't get get me wrong, but in my experience it's a terrible scum indicator.

This is all according to your logic:
- activity doesn't make you town (therefore you fluff doesn't necessarily make you town)
- not trying to solve the game (anti-town mentality, only useful for mafia)
- agrees that has been posting fluff

None of this is helpful to town in any way. I think rux is probably scum now. The only "useful" thing coming from him is that people are posting about him mostly, but there are better ways to get people involved.


1)
Activity is not a sole indicator of towniness. But more often than not, active people are town, with some exceptions.
Mafia has no need to drive the game from day 1 unless they are feeling pressured.

With the town to mafia ratio being the way it is, town is most likey to lynch one of their own, while mafia can throw out weak sheeps or town reads of the lynch target to get post flip karma.

2)
To me there's two ways to solve the game.

There's the active way, were you make reads, pressure and push people.
This is what people refer to when they say "Solving the game". Aka what oats is doing.

Then there's the passive way, where you make yourself vulnerable and allow people to push you.
This requires you to make yourself a target that people want to engage with, by performing actions that people find dubious.

The end result of both methods is the same, you usually end up in a heated debate with some people where emotions shine through and you're able to get a better read on them.

No matter if I'm pushing people or the one being pushed by people, I'm getting information that I can use to form reads and in the end I will be able to make a better informed decision when choosing my lynch target.


Ok that's interesting. I don't know yet if I believe you but it sounds logical. I unvote for now and observe if your posts get better. I'm not a fan of your list post though.
I actually hope you are town. You made me laugh with your defense.

BTW does anyone else think it's mafia indicative that Holyflare's posts raised my confidence?

Ok wait while writing I changed my opinion. My vote is in a good place. You did'nt get better.
I let the post how it is you can follow my thought process.


What was it that HF posted that changed your lean into a read?


It just gave me confidence that a he townread me, said my read was good and saw the same things like me (You trying to coach me away from my read for example).


And what do you make of the fact that he called your scum read on me "the best read in the game", but he himself is neither calling me scum nor voting for me?


He could be mafia trying to influence me so that I am loud and set you up for a mislynch while staying in the background.
He could also think it is a good read but want to wait until he decides. There is over a day left.

You could be mafia trying to manipulate me against holyflare.

I don't know and I'm looking forward to find out


You're in the right state of mind. Very good answer.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 13 2017 19:59 GMT
#267
I'm moving you back up to my town list krogan.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 13 2017 20:08 GMT
#268
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 13 2017 20:09 GMT
#269
I do not agree with these damdred faker town reads at all.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 13 2017 20:10 GMT
#270
is he a native english speaker?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 13 2017 20:17 GMT
#271
happykrogan



MyLonelyLock
Conversion <-- could be being buddied, will return later with an update



darthfoley
ruXxar




xenonn40
Damerion
Oatsmaster
Grackaroni
Fecalfeast
Onegu
Damdred
coolTLname

that is all
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 13 2017 20:46 GMT
#272
On October 14 2017 05:17 Holyflare wrote:
happykrogan



MyLonelyLock
Conversion <-- could be being buddied, will return later with an update



darthfoley
ruXxar




xenonn40
Damerion
Oatsmaster
Grackaroni
Fecalfeast
Onegu
Damdred
coolTLname

that is all


Explain darth foley.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 13 2017 21:03 GMT
#273
nah fam
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 13 2017 21:08 GMT
#274
On October 13 2017 07:11 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2017 06:59 Oatsmaster wrote:
On October 13 2017 06:43 ruXxar wrote:

You got 2 out of 3 right. Not bad!
Krogans post might look forced, but it's not indicative of mafia just yet.

dude what the heck, you townread him for the post then you now just waffled back to calling him mafia not just yet???
#vote rux

I think this is a good catch.

I also feel wary about Damerion, though his Fecalfeast read is very likely correct.

On October 14 2017 03:10 Grackaroni wrote:
I'm going to give a read that I don't think too many people will agree with but I think Oatsmaster is mafia.

In this game he seems less chill compared to Hurricane and I get the sense in a few posts that he's questioning things that look unusual rather than things that I think he would normally find scummy.


So Grack. You called this a good catch from oats then right after you called him mafia.
That doesn't add up in my head. It seems too drastic a flip without even questioning oats about any of this posts.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-14 21:55:33
October 13 2017 21:25 GMT
#275
Day 1 Votecount

ruXxar (3): Oatsmaster, MrLonelyClock, happykrogan
Oatsmaster (1): Grackaroni

Not Voting (10): xenonn40, Damerion, darthfoley, ruXxar, Conversion, Fecalfeast, Onegu, Holyflare, Damdred, coolTLname

As of now, ruXxar is getting lynched!



Day 1 ends Saturday, Oct 14 9:00pm GMT (GMT+00:00) in . Voting is mandatory. Only votes made in the voting thread are valid.
TL countdown synchronizes with your device local time and not with the TL server time. It might be inaccurate.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 13 2017 21:38 GMT
#276
On October 14 2017 04:28 Grackaroni wrote:
Happykrogan is almost certainly town.

RuXxar is also the only player silly enough to think that drawing suspicion to himself would be a good town plan.
+ Show Spoiler +

On October 14 2017 03:36 ruXxar wrote:
Then there's the passive way, where you make yourself vulnerable and allow people to push you.
This requires you to make yourself a target that people want to engage with, by performing actions that people find dubious.



Have you seen any of ruxxs mafia games?
No gg, No skill.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
October 13 2017 21:39 GMT
#277
On October 14 2017 06:08 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2017 07:11 Grackaroni wrote:
On October 13 2017 06:59 Oatsmaster wrote:
On October 13 2017 06:43 ruXxar wrote:

You got 2 out of 3 right. Not bad!
Krogans post might look forced, but it's not indicative of mafia just yet.

dude what the heck, you townread him for the post then you now just waffled back to calling him mafia not just yet???
#vote rux

I think this is a good catch.

I also feel wary about Damerion, though his Fecalfeast read is very likely correct.

Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 03:10 Grackaroni wrote:
I'm going to give a read that I don't think too many people will agree with but I think Oatsmaster is mafia.

In this game he seems less chill compared to Hurricane and I get the sense in a few posts that he's questioning things that look unusual rather than things that I think he would normally find scummy.


So Grack. You called this a good catch from oats then right after you called him mafia.
That doesn't add up in my head. It seems too drastic a flip without even questioning oats about any of this posts.

The bottom thing that you bolded was referring to a few different posts that I referenced below in my post that you took out.

I do agree with him calling out that post from you since your original view seemed to be that Happy's posts didn't seem forced and then you replied to Damerion that his posts were forced but not scummy. I definitely wouldn't call it a drastic flip to scum read him though just because he had a post I agreed with.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
October 13 2017 21:40 GMT
#278
On October 14 2017 06:38 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 04:28 Grackaroni wrote:
Happykrogan is almost certainly town.

RuXxar is also the only player silly enough to think that drawing suspicion to himself would be a good town plan.
+ Show Spoiler +

On October 14 2017 03:36 ruXxar wrote:
Then there's the passive way, where you make yourself vulnerable and allow people to push you.
This requires you to make yourself a target that people want to engage with, by performing actions that people find dubious.



Have you seen any of ruxxs mafia games?

I think I've skimmed some of them from when I played with him as town but I don't think I've ever seen him play mafia.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
October 13 2017 21:41 GMT
#279
He posts a lot as mafia too I know.
MrLonelyClock
Profile Joined June 2017
87 Posts
October 13 2017 21:42 GMT
#280
On October 13 2017 07:22 Damdred wrote:
Eh, I dont think I agree to much.

Hes slightly different and less attack oriented but I still think his reads are ok but he is a bit to sure about them.

On October 14 2017 03:21 Damdred wrote:
Ok, so I feel a little guilty at this point in time and I will try to be tge old Damdred this game.

Fact check away on my reads this train aint got no breaks and i aint got time to quote on phone.

Town Reads:

Damerion, he has this thing he does as town where he will have this skrt of mission statement about how he will approach the game. He has checked that, he gives clear concise reada with hard reasoning behind it, done. He also seems to try to draw people into conversation instead of existing.

Rux rux baby: Off the cuff read, the eay he responds to the pressure is town. Does t care, tries to be helpful and then establishes where he wants to be in the game. I think hes just going to be town for the tone and the lressure, but his reads were not bad.

If anyone tries to lynch rux at least today I will let slip the dogs of war and create chaos.

FF: Hey buddy we should work together, care free attitude. Gives some opinions still a bit weak on a few points, overall would not kynch today.

Gracky: Posts his thoughts, goes against thread sentiment a post or two ago. Seems to be looking where others dont, no lynch today.

Oats: Seemed to be reading the game a d his lressure wasnt horrid. It is defi ately not top town worthy but enough for a pass.

Xenon and nylonelylock are both town i feel for how they approached the game as newbs. Meh they were soitting fire earlier

Everyone else is in this null range besides hf who I love dearly but am ignoring until he wants cuddles.

What is this jump in logic on how from one post you say he is too sure about his reads where this next one that is what makes him town to you. How does one go from being "too sure of reads" to having "clear concise reads with hard reasoning"?
Seems like a weird jump in logic...
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 77 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 317
TKL 237
CranKy Ducklings138
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1197
Lowko529
TKL 237
ProTech117
Rex 117
MindelVK 20
EmSc Tv 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 59741
Free 2284
Horang2 309
firebathero 242
Zeus 173
Last 101
Hyun 87
Pusan 80
ToSsGirL 80
910 53
[ Show more ]
Trap 37
soO 28
Aegong 21
Rock 20
Yoon 16
Noble 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 11
Icarus 10
Dota 2
Gorgc6834
Dendi935
XaKoH 422
canceldota67
Counter-Strike
fl0m773
Other Games
gofns41061
singsing2294
B2W.Neo480
byalli391
Mlord302
Pyrionflax286
Beastyqt234
ToD185
DeMusliM93
Liquid`VortiX91
QueenE70
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV211
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 0
EmSc2Tv 0
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 25
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2861
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1605
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 12m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 12m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 12m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 9h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.