• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:31
CEST 03:31
KST 10:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9168 users

Newbie Student Mafia XXVII - Page 12

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 77 Next
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 13 2017 15:00 GMT
#221
On October 13 2017 23:58 Holyflare wrote:
I can confirm you're posting irrelevant trash that has obvious answers and leads the game nowhere, Ruxxar.


Thanks HF, I knew I could count on you to back me up.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 13 2017 15:01 GMT
#222
Happy is my biggest town read by a country mile at the moment. His posts about Ruxxar are on point. It's a perfect mafia strategy to be active but not post content and just appear to be asking "relevant" questions. Which is what is happening.

I don't know what you're trying to achieve Ruxxar.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 13 2017 15:03 GMT
#223
It would be a completely different situation if you took what people were saying and formulated some kind of read based on their answers but the questions you ask don't lead to meaningful answers that let you draw these conclusions.
happykrogan
Profile Joined March 2017
Germany408 Posts
October 13 2017 15:03 GMT
#224
On October 13 2017 23:56 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2017 23:38 happykrogan wrote:
So you're my coach now?
II think the questions you asked conversion about conversion about damerion and holyflare about lonelyclock just have pretty obvious answers and could be just there for the reason that the people see that you ask questions.

flood control appeared and I have to wait...
I would have posted this immedieatly otherwise


It's a newbie game, so I'm taking the liberty of giving you some friendly advice.

By all means, do your own thing.

--

See, the thing is that activity by itself is not a sole measure of towniness.
And if you asked me, I wouldn't say that I'm even trying very hard to solve the game right now.

Right now you're undermining the intelligence of the rest of the players in the game by assuming that they don't see that I'm posting fluff.

I'm pretty sure they do know.
And if they don't know, then I can confirm that is exactly what I'm doing.

Your post was a good idea, don't get get me wrong, but in my experience it's a terrible scum indicator.


I never assumed that. Just because it is obvious it doesn't mean that I'm not allowed to say that. Also I mainly meant the questions and not the fluff. But as I said it's just a lean. And it was a pretty weak one.
Can someone else say something about the "terrible scum indicator"? Is that true?
I won't believe the guy I'm just accusing.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 13 2017 15:03 GMT
#225
And you then pretty much try and coach him out of a good read.
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 13 2017 15:04 GMT
#226
On October 14 2017 00:01 Holyflare wrote:
Happy is my biggest town read by a country mile at the moment. His posts about Ruxxar are on point. It's a perfect mafia strategy to be active but not post content and just appear to be asking "relevant" questions. Which is what is happening.

I don't know what you're trying to achieve Ruxxar.


I'm not trying to achieve anything right now. Just small talk for the most part.
I don't have any friends to talk to, so this is all I got.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
happykrogan
Profile Joined March 2017
Germany408 Posts
October 13 2017 15:06 GMT
#227
Because of Holyflare's posts my lean is now a read BTW
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 13 2017 15:07 GMT
#228
On October 14 2017 00:06 happykrogan wrote:
Because of Holyflare's posts my lean is now a read BTW


Be careful letting other people manipulate you.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
happykrogan
Profile Joined March 2017
Germany408 Posts
October 13 2017 15:11 GMT
#229
On October 14 2017 00:07 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 00:06 happykrogan wrote:
Because of Holyflare's posts my lean is now a read BTW


Be careful letting other people manipulate you.


I am. I don't let you manipulate me.
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 13 2017 15:14 GMT
#230
On October 14 2017 00:03 Holyflare wrote:
It would be a completely different situation if you took what people were saying and formulated some kind of read based on their answers but the questions you ask don't lead to meaningful answers that let you draw these conclusions.


A very closed-minded thought.
There's more than one way to read people.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
October 13 2017 15:15 GMT
#231
Like I said early on, ruxxar is trying too hard
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 13 2017 15:16 GMT
#232
On October 14 2017 00:03 Holyflare wrote:
And you then pretty much try and coach him out of a good read.


I'm giving him good advice, since it's a terrible read.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 13 2017 15:19 GMT
#233
On October 14 2017 00:15 Fecalfeast wrote:
Like I said early on, ruxxar is trying too hard


My dear. This is when the game becomes exciting.
I can feel the tension in the air.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
October 13 2017 15:24 GMT
#234
I can't
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 13 2017 15:25 GMT
#235
Come closer, I'll show you.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
October 13 2017 16:40 GMT
#236
lol RuXxar what are you doing you're burying yourself here. The response to being pushed for babbling is not to continue babbling and giving out generic coaching tips.
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 13 2017 16:49 GMT
#237
On October 14 2017 01:40 Grackaroni wrote:
lol RuXxar what are you doing you're burying yourself here. The response to being pushed for babbling is not to continue babbling and giving out generic coaching tips.


You have to turn up the heat for people to drop their clothes.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
October 13 2017 16:52 GMT
#238
Tbh i think ruxxar not giving a shit seems towny
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
MrLonelyClock
Profile Joined June 2017
87 Posts
October 13 2017 17:03 GMT
#239
On October 13 2017 22:34 ruXxar wrote:
Going to form a Poe list later tonight.

Still waiting...

On October 13 2017 23:56 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2017 23:38 happykrogan wrote:
So you're my coach now?
II think the questions you asked conversion about conversion about damerion and holyflare about lonelyclock just have pretty obvious answers and could be just there for the reason that the people see that you ask questions.

flood control appeared and I have to wait...
I would have posted this immedieatly otherwise


It's a newbie game, so I'm taking the liberty of giving you some friendly advice.

By all means, do your own thing.

--

See, the thing is that activity by itself is not a sole measure of towniness.
And if you asked me, I wouldn't say that I'm even trying very hard to solve the game right now.

Right now you're undermining the intelligence of the rest of the players in the game by assuming that they don't see that I'm posting fluff.

I'm pretty sure they do know.
And if they don't know, then I can confirm that is exactly what I'm doing.

Your post was a good idea, don't get get me wrong, but in my experience it's a terrible scum indicator.

This is all according to your logic:
- activity doesn't make you town (therefore you fluff doesn't necessarily make you town)
- not trying to solve the game (anti-town mentality, only useful for mafia)
- agrees that has been posting fluff

None of this is helpful to town in any way. I think rux is probably scum now. The only "useful" thing coming from him is that people are posting about him mostly, but there are better ways to get people involved.
MrLonelyClock
Profile Joined June 2017
87 Posts
October 13 2017 17:07 GMT
#240
On October 14 2017 01:52 Fecalfeast wrote:
Tbh i think ruxxar not giving a shit seems towny

So if you just talk about random things for the whole game it makes you seem towny? Where do you draw the line? Day 2?
If it makes you towny I found the new mafia meta, just talk about random shit and cruise through the whole game.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 77 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 164
NeuroSwarm 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 474
Bale 62
League of Legends
Doublelift4678
Other Games
summit1g9068
JimRising 546
ViBE213
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick649
BasetradeTV176
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 106
• Light_VIP 11
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1120
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 29m
Patches Events
13h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 29m
OSC
21h 29m
OSC
1d 10h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.