• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:02
CEST 18:02
KST 01:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8488 users

Newbie Student Mafia XXVII - Page 11

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 77 Next
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 13 2017 14:11 GMT
#201
On October 13 2017 23:03 happykrogan wrote:
Just realized that ruxxar has the biggest filter of everyone, but as far as I can see doesn't really push the game forward. Just posting fluff, town leans and pretty harmless questions.


Don't underestimate the value of making people talk.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 13 2017 14:15 GMT
#202
On October 13 2017 22:43 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2017 20:43 Conversion wrote:
can’t really read df or grack, but that’s not really suprising since I couldn’t before anyways. null

oats is a tad bit aggressive for my taste but I think that’s just how he plays from what I’m observing. can any vets confirm? ruxxar sort confirmed in my last question

damerion slayed last game so I’m gonna put him in the wary pile as I do with all great players

HF being HF... less fiery though (burnt out maybe?) sorry I still don’t and won’t fully 100% townread you (although I say that and always end up townreading :l) I do like that we had same thoughts about lonelyclock man

FF being fluffy and vague but last time I pushed for his lynch he flipped town.. don’t like his play really



What do you mean by wary of damerion? Town lean, scum lean, null?


I'm just wary of people that are clearly leagues above me in playing forum mafia since they can seem super towny as I'm pretty bad at determining what is scummy behavior vs. what is overly aggressive town behavior etc. etc.

from what I saw from Damerion last game he seems good enough to bamboozle me, so I'm just keeping him at a hard null like I usually do with HF
happykrogan
Profile Joined March 2017
Germany408 Posts
October 13 2017 14:15 GMT
#203
Then I hope you make them say something interesting.
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 13 2017 14:16 GMT
#204
On October 13 2017 23:08 happykrogan wrote:
You might very well be my first scunlean.


It's a very addicting feeling once you think you've caught a mafia.
A rush of emotions compelling you to lynch me.

Then comes the hard part of convincing others that you are right.
Why can't they just see and understand all the obvious telltale signs that you are seeing?

It's an eternal struggle. Don't give up if you truly believe it.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
happykrogan
Profile Joined March 2017
Germany408 Posts
October 13 2017 14:19 GMT
#205
On October 13 2017 23:16 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2017 23:08 happykrogan wrote:
You might very well be my first scunlean.


It's a very addicting feeling once you think you've caught a mafia.
A rush of emotions compelling you to lynch me.

Then comes the hard part of convincing others that you are right.
Why can't they just see and understand all the obvious telltale signs that you are seeing?

It's an eternal struggle. Don't give up if you truly believe it.


lol

It's just a scumlean not a scumread. But this post didn't help.
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 13 2017 14:23 GMT
#206
On October 13 2017 23:15 Conversion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2017 22:43 ruXxar wrote:
On October 13 2017 20:43 Conversion wrote:
can’t really read df or grack, but that’s not really suprising since I couldn’t before anyways. null

oats is a tad bit aggressive for my taste but I think that’s just how he plays from what I’m observing. can any vets confirm? ruxxar sort confirmed in my last question

damerion slayed last game so I’m gonna put him in the wary pile as I do with all great players

HF being HF... less fiery though (burnt out maybe?) sorry I still don’t and won’t fully 100% townread you (although I say that and always end up townreading :l) I do like that we had same thoughts about lonelyclock man

FF being fluffy and vague but last time I pushed for his lynch he flipped town.. don’t like his play really



What do you mean by wary of damerion? Town lean, scum lean, null?


I'm just wary of people that are clearly leagues above me in playing forum mafia since they can seem super towny as I'm pretty bad at determining what is scummy behavior vs. what is overly aggressive town behavior etc. etc.

from what I saw from Damerion last game he seems good enough to bamboozle me, so I'm just keeping him at a hard null like I usually do with HF


It's ok to be wary. No need to expend any more energy on him.
You don't need to lynch him right now.
If he's playing and contributing, leave him be for a couple days. Gather more information before you make up your mind.

Strong players are good at masking themselves, so whatever clues you think you see now could just be false positives.
You need to catch them by observing them over a longer period of time.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 13 2017 14:27 GMT
#207
On October 13 2017 23:19 happykrogan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2017 23:16 ruXxar wrote:
On October 13 2017 23:08 happykrogan wrote:
You might very well be my first scunlean.


It's a very addicting feeling once you think you've caught a mafia.
A rush of emotions compelling you to lynch me.

Then comes the hard part of convincing others that you are right.
Why can't they just see and understand all the obvious telltale signs that you are seeing?

It's an eternal struggle. Don't give up if you truly believe it.


lol

It's just a scumlean not a scumread. But this post didn't help.


Mm.
So you think I'm possibly scum.
You should try asking me some questions to further determine my alignment.
Maybe pick a certain post that you felt was really scummy and make me explain it.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 13 2017 14:29 GMT
#208
On October 13 2017 23:10 happykrogan wrote:
I'm parking my vote on rux until I find something more appealing.


instead of passively finding something more appealing, you should try to pressure someone you find scummy (ruxxar, who else?) and generate content

bc the string of posts you made don't really look good to me. like way scummier in my eyes than ruxxar due to calling him out for being fluffy, but not doing much yourself
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 13 2017 14:34 GMT
#209
On October 13 2017 22:55 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2017 19:31 Holyflare wrote:
On October 13 2017 18:53 ruXxar wrote:
On October 13 2017 17:56 Holyflare wrote:
Whoever the newbie was being aggressive btw is super townie. Forget who it was.


So you like the guy who agrees with you about damerion.


I don't like the points he make too much (throwing out reads is ok) but I like him for his passion. His other posts are a bit too nervous looking for me though so I take it back.

Minorly.


So... your current read of the guy is what?


Enigma.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 13 2017 14:35 GMT
#210
A slightly townie enigma that could be mafia in the long run.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 13 2017 14:35 GMT
#211
On October 13 2017 23:03 happykrogan wrote:
Just realized that ruxxar has the biggest filter of everyone, but as far as I can see doesn't really push the game forward. Just posting fluff, town leans and pretty harmless questions.


Best read of the game imo.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 13 2017 14:37 GMT
#212
Happy joins the town crew. No hating now.
happykrogan
Profile Joined March 2017
Germany408 Posts
October 13 2017 14:38 GMT
#213
So you're my coach now?
II think the questions you asked conversion about conversion about damerion and holyflare about lonelyclock just have pretty obvious answers and could be just there for the reason that the people see that you ask questions.

flood control appeared and I have to wait...
I would have posted this immedieatly otherwise
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 13 2017 14:40 GMT
#214
On October 13 2017 23:38 happykrogan wrote:
So you're my coach now?
II think the questions you asked conversion about conversion about damerion and holyflare about lonelyclock just have pretty obvious answers and could be just there for the reason that the people see that you ask questions.

flood control appeared and I have to wait...
I would have posted this immedieatly otherwise


? No need to be so defensive. I'm just explaining my thoughts, on my opinion, in my brain, as to why you can be scummy

see how that works?

I don't care if you post immediately.

wasn't there a way to request flood control be turned off for new players in mafia?
happykrogan
Profile Joined March 2017
Germany408 Posts
October 13 2017 14:42 GMT
#215
On October 13 2017 23:40 Conversion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2017 23:38 happykrogan wrote:
So you're my coach now?
II think the questions you asked conversion about conversion about damerion and holyflare about lonelyclock just have pretty obvious answers and could be just there for the reason that the people see that you ask questions.

flood control appeared and I have to wait...
I would have posted this immedieatly otherwise


? No need to be so defensive. I'm just explaining my thoughts, on my opinion, in my brain, as to why you can be scummy

see how that works?

I don't care if you post immediately.

wasn't there a way to request flood control be turned off for new players in mafia?


The "you're my coach now" was a question to ruxxar. I actually liked your post and see it as a tip.
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 13 2017 14:44 GMT
#216
Let me ask you a question Krogan.

Which is more scummy
To post fluff or
To not post anything at all

Where does mafia thrive?
What kind of environment in the game is optimal for mafia?
A lively game or a silent game.

I don't want an answer. I just want you to think about it.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 13 2017 14:51 GMT
#217
On October 13 2017 23:42 happykrogan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2017 23:40 Conversion wrote:
On October 13 2017 23:38 happykrogan wrote:
So you're my coach now?
II think the questions you asked conversion about conversion about damerion and holyflare about lonelyclock just have pretty obvious answers and could be just there for the reason that the people see that you ask questions.

flood control appeared and I have to wait...
I would have posted this immedieatly otherwise


? No need to be so defensive. I'm just explaining my thoughts, on my opinion, in my brain, as to why you can be scummy

see how that works?

I don't care if you post immediately.

wasn't there a way to request flood control be turned off for new players in mafia?


The "you're my coach now" was a question to ruxxar. I actually liked your post and see it as a tip.


ah okay. sorry if I sounded like a dick.. been trying to rein that in lately


ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 13 2017 14:56 GMT
#218
On October 13 2017 23:38 happykrogan wrote:
So you're my coach now?
II think the questions you asked conversion about conversion about damerion and holyflare about lonelyclock just have pretty obvious answers and could be just there for the reason that the people see that you ask questions.

flood control appeared and I have to wait...
I would have posted this immedieatly otherwise


It's a newbie game, so I'm taking the liberty of giving you some friendly advice.

By all means, do your own thing.

--

See, the thing is that activity by itself is not a sole measure of towniness.
And if you asked me, I wouldn't say that I'm even trying very hard to solve the game right now.

Right now you're undermining the intelligence of the rest of the players in the game by assuming that they don't see that I'm posting fluff.

I'm pretty sure they do know.
And if they don't know, then I can confirm that is exactly what I'm doing.

Your post was a good idea, don't get get me wrong, but in my experience it's a terrible scum indicator.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
happykrogan
Profile Joined March 2017
Germany408 Posts
October 13 2017 14:58 GMT
#219
On October 13 2017 23:44 ruXxar wrote:
Let me ask you a question Krogan.

Which is more scummy
To post fluff or
To not post anything at all

Where does mafia thrive?
What kind of environment in the game is optimal for mafia?
A lively game or a silent game.

I don't want an answer. I just want you to think about it.


Yeah... But everybody knows that.
So you're just telling me that a good mafia strategy would be not to post at all if avoidable. But in the long run this would be really obvious, wouldn't it?
Your basically saying everyone who posts a lot has to be town.
With every post you make you let my suspicion grow.
BTW I think it's really funny how you defend yourself with giving advice to me.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 13 2017 14:58 GMT
#220
I can confirm you're posting irrelevant trash that has obvious answers and leads the game nowhere, Ruxxar.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 77 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM711
IndyStarCraft 170
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 680
Reynor 312
ByuN 256
TKL 244
IndyStarCraft 155
Railgan 72
Codebar 56
BRAT_OK 54
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55650
Bisu 2892
Calm 2413
FanTaSy 946
Stork 602
Rush 470
hero 322
firebathero 162
actioN 138
Sharp 104
[ Show more ]
Free 52
ToSsGirL 40
Pusan 32
Mong 30
Rock 25
soO 23
Sexy 19
Aegong 17
Hm[arnc] 17
Terrorterran 17
HiyA 16
Noble 13
scan(afreeca) 10
Sacsri 9
IntoTheRainbow 7
Dota 2
Gorgc10124
Dendi1087
Counter-Strike
fl0m4492
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK5
Other Games
singsing2156
Liquid`RaSZi1595
B2W.Neo711
Beastyqt627
olofmeister546
Mlord490
Khaldor413
KnowMe303
crisheroes175
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV276
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 10
• Hinosc 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• Reevou 0
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV526
League of Legends
• Nemesis3215
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1551
Other Games
• Shiphtur440
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 59m
OSC
6h 59m
Replay Cast
6h 59m
OSC
19h 59m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.