• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:52
CEST 02:52
KST 09:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10411 users

[M][N] Murder on the Cruise Trip Mafia - Page 45

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 182 Next
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
October 05 2016 12:37 GMT
#881
btw, there's about 99% chance I sheep marv day 1.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
October 05 2016 12:37 GMT
#882
On October 05 2016 21:36 Calix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2016 21:32 Palmar wrote:
On October 05 2016 21:29 Calix wrote:
The fact that you think that I'm a good player automatically tells me that you're overestimating my play.

Did you know that this should make me scumread you.

And I'm tempted to, I don't know though.

Thing is, when given credit in mafia, you should always take it as town. If I control the lynch as a townie, because people are willing to listen to me, I am automatically increasing town chances of succeeding by a tiny bit. I'm not going to lynch myself, so statistically I'm more likely to hit mafia from my pov.

Even then, it's always beneficial as town to have people listen to me. On the other hand, as mafia it's the other way around. If I know people won't listen to me as mafia, I'll just bus every day and call everyone bad until the game is over.

So, no matter your intention here, you did something that is objectively scummy. Thing is though, people do objectively scummy things all the time as all alignmnets.


tl;dr: You're accusing me of marginalising my own contributions.

Except I wasn't doing that because I didn't put down my own points. All I did was say "I'm not a good player" which is true as I'm not that experienced.

If you think it's 'objectively scummy' but you don't think it makes me scum then that means that you're accusing me of playing badly...which supports my point.


Essentially yes

For example, I am #1 player, therefore people listen to me.
Computer says mafia
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
October 05 2016 12:39 GMT
#883
On October 05 2016 21:37 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2016 21:36 Calix wrote:
On October 05 2016 21:32 Palmar wrote:
On October 05 2016 21:29 Calix wrote:
The fact that you think that I'm a good player automatically tells me that you're overestimating my play.

Did you know that this should make me scumread you.

And I'm tempted to, I don't know though.

Thing is, when given credit in mafia, you should always take it as town. If I control the lynch as a townie, because people are willing to listen to me, I am automatically increasing town chances of succeeding by a tiny bit. I'm not going to lynch myself, so statistically I'm more likely to hit mafia from my pov.

Even then, it's always beneficial as town to have people listen to me. On the other hand, as mafia it's the other way around. If I know people won't listen to me as mafia, I'll just bus every day and call everyone bad until the game is over.

So, no matter your intention here, you did something that is objectively scummy. Thing is though, people do objectively scummy things all the time as all alignmnets.


tl;dr: You're accusing me of marginalising my own contributions.

Except I wasn't doing that because I didn't put down my own points. All I did was say "I'm not a good player" which is true as I'm not that experienced.

If you think it's 'objectively scummy' but you don't think it makes me scum then that means that you're accusing me of playing badly...which supports my point.


Essentially yes

For example, I am #1 player, therefore people listen to me.


I'm not sure what the point of writing up a substantial post just to conclude "you're playing badly" is then, but this has already been covered.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 05 2016 12:46 GMT
#884
Ok now I'm gonna sheep Marv, so my vote is not useless Palmar....
Honestly though bats re-entry did not include a scum-read or Vote and it did include some stupid shit about "if I'm mafia and super is town, I have nothing to gain by hard defending super" except that 1, when super flips you get cred for being right, 2, your influence is so low that you aren't going to change anyone's minds. Vote threads suxk
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 05 2016 12:49 GMT
#885
Lol Palmar isn't making sense calix.

Don't get sidetracked by this shit

Talk to me about grack
No gg, No skill.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
October 05 2016 12:50 GMT
#886
On October 05 2016 21:46 Oatsmaster wrote:
Ok now I'm gonna sheep Marv, so my vote is not useless Palmar....
Honestly though bats re-entry did not include a scum-read or Vote and it did include some stupid shit about "if I'm mafia and super is town, I have nothing to gain by hard defending super" except that 1, when super flips you get cred for being right, 2, your influence is so low that you aren't going to change anyone's minds. Vote threads suxk

I don't think your vote is useless. Why are you telling me that?
Computer says mafia
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
October 05 2016 12:58 GMT
#887
On October 05 2016 21:49 Oatsmaster wrote:
Lol Palmar isn't making sense calix.

Don't get sidetracked by this shit

Talk to me about grack


I don't think he has done anything strongly town/ scum. He has made some points that I can see where he is coming from, however, such as his reasoning for town-reading Superbia.

But most of his filter is isolated points and stray comments with little commitment to anything, so hard to tell for sure.

Anything you want to say on him one way or the other?
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
October 05 2016 13:00 GMT
#888
Basically Grack is someone who is in my lean-town category because of some shitty/ weak reasoning, other people being scummier, etc. Consider it 'town by statistical probability'.

I expect my reads to change drastically depending on the flip.
batsnacks
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
United States4466 Posts
October 05 2016 13:09 GMT
#889
You fellas and ladies should start thinking about who other than me would be a good lynch today. Damdred is my preferred lynch right now I'll keep checking in though to see if i can find any chances to save myself

##vote: Damdred
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 05 2016 13:19 GMT
#890
You calix, tomato tomato, same thing
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 05 2016 13:20 GMT
#891
On October 05 2016 22:00 Calix wrote:
Basically Grack is someone who is in my lean-town category because of some shitty/ weak reasoning, other people being scummier, etc. Consider it 'town by statistical probability'.

I expect my reads to change drastically depending on the flip.

Can you bring me through a quick summary of his alignment assuming bats flips town/scum?

No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 05 2016 13:21 GMT
#892
On October 05 2016 22:09 batsnacks wrote:
You fellas and ladies should start thinking about who other than me would be a good lynch today. Damdred is my preferred lynch right now I'll keep checking in though to see if i can find any chances to save myself

##vote: Damdred

Lol why would we do that when you don't even care about saving yourself?
No gg, No skill.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
October 05 2016 13:26 GMT
#893
On October 05 2016 22:20 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2016 22:00 Calix wrote:
Basically Grack is someone who is in my lean-town category because of some shitty/ weak reasoning, other people being scummier, etc. Consider it 'town by statistical probability'.

I expect my reads to change drastically depending on the flip.

Can you bring me through a quick summary of his alignment assuming bats flips town/scum?



If Bat is scum, then I'd look into Grack as he is a possible partner, wouldn't have pushed scum!bat much and focused more on pushing HF/ JAT and defending Superbia. (however I don't think Grack has said anything to/ about batsnacks that is scummy by itself)

If Bat is town then I don't see my opinion of him changing much, so town.

I'm not very comfortable with giving my thoughts on how I might view things in hypothetical scenarios so take with a grain of salt.

Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 05 2016 13:31 GMT
#894
On October 05 2016 22:26 Calix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2016 22:20 Oatsmaster wrote:
On October 05 2016 22:00 Calix wrote:
Basically Grack is someone who is in my lean-town category because of some shitty/ weak reasoning, other people being scummier, etc. Consider it 'town by statistical probability'.

I expect my reads to change drastically depending on the flip.

Can you bring me through a quick summary of his alignment assuming bats flips town/scum?



If Bat is scum, then I'd look into Grack as he is a possible partner, wouldn't have pushed scum!bat much and focused more on pushing HF/ JAT and defending Superbia. (however I don't think Grack has said anything to/ about batsnacks that is scummy by itself)

If Bat is town then I don't see my opinion of him changing much, so town.

I'm not very comfortable with giving my thoughts on how I might view things in hypothetical scenarios so take with a grain of salt.


Ok sounds good.
No gg, No skill.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
October 05 2016 13:35 GMT
#895
On October 05 2016 22:26 Calix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2016 22:20 Oatsmaster wrote:
On October 05 2016 22:00 Calix wrote:
Basically Grack is someone who is in my lean-town category because of some shitty/ weak reasoning, other people being scummier, etc. Consider it 'town by statistical probability'.

I expect my reads to change drastically depending on the flip.

Can you bring me through a quick summary of his alignment assuming bats flips town/scum?



If Bat is scum, then I'd look into Grack as he is a possible partner, wouldn't have pushed scum!bat much and focused more on pushing HF/ JAT and defending Superbia. (however I don't think Grack has said anything to/ about batsnacks that is scummy by itself)

If Bat is town then I don't see my opinion of him changing much, so town.

I'm not very comfortable with giving my thoughts on how I might view things in hypothetical scenarios so take with a grain of salt.


huh

I thought if bats is scum I was scum?! This doesn't make any sense. I mean sure, grack and bats can be a team but it does not fit in your supposed train of thought at all.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
October 05 2016 13:39 GMT
#896
On October 05 2016 22:35 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2016 22:26 Calix wrote:
On October 05 2016 22:20 Oatsmaster wrote:
On October 05 2016 22:00 Calix wrote:
Basically Grack is someone who is in my lean-town category because of some shitty/ weak reasoning, other people being scummier, etc. Consider it 'town by statistical probability'.

I expect my reads to change drastically depending on the flip.

Can you bring me through a quick summary of his alignment assuming bats flips town/scum?



If Bat is scum, then I'd look into Grack as he is a possible partner, wouldn't have pushed scum!bat much and focused more on pushing HF/ JAT and defending Superbia. (however I don't think Grack has said anything to/ about batsnacks that is scummy by itself)

If Bat is town then I don't see my opinion of him changing much, so town.

I'm not very comfortable with giving my thoughts on how I might view things in hypothetical scenarios so take with a grain of salt.


huh

I thought if bats is scum I was scum?! This doesn't make any sense. I mean sure, grack and bats can be a team but it does not fit in your supposed train of thought at all.


What? This has nothing to do with you.

He's asking how my opinion of Grack would change depending on what Bat flipped.

I responded with "Grack could be a potential partner if Bat is scum but I don't think he's done anything scummy at the moment"

I don't even get what your argument is here.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
October 05 2016 13:42 GMT
#897
On October 05 2016 22:39 Calix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2016 22:35 justanothertownie wrote:
On October 05 2016 22:26 Calix wrote:
On October 05 2016 22:20 Oatsmaster wrote:
On October 05 2016 22:00 Calix wrote:
Basically Grack is someone who is in my lean-town category because of some shitty/ weak reasoning, other people being scummier, etc. Consider it 'town by statistical probability'.

I expect my reads to change drastically depending on the flip.

Can you bring me through a quick summary of his alignment assuming bats flips town/scum?



If Bat is scum, then I'd look into Grack as he is a possible partner, wouldn't have pushed scum!bat much and focused more on pushing HF/ JAT and defending Superbia. (however I don't think Grack has said anything to/ about batsnacks that is scummy by itself)

If Bat is town then I don't see my opinion of him changing much, so town.

I'm not very comfortable with giving my thoughts on how I might view things in hypothetical scenarios so take with a grain of salt.


huh

I thought if bats is scum I was scum?! This doesn't make any sense. I mean sure, grack and bats can be a team but it does not fit in your supposed train of thought at all.


What? This has nothing to do with you.

He's asking how my opinion of Grack would change depending on what Bat flipped.

I responded with "Grack could be a potential partner if Bat is scum but I don't think he's done anything scummy at the moment"

I don't even get what your argument is here.

Your whole scumread on me hinges on bats being scum. And now if someone asks you what you think of grack if bats flips scum you say: "he might be scum because he pushed JAT instead of bats"? Like what?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 05 2016 13:43 GMT
#898
Oh look calix forgot her associations again.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
October 05 2016 13:49 GMT
#899
On October 05 2016 22:42 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2016 22:39 Calix wrote:
On October 05 2016 22:35 justanothertownie wrote:
On October 05 2016 22:26 Calix wrote:
On October 05 2016 22:20 Oatsmaster wrote:
On October 05 2016 22:00 Calix wrote:
Basically Grack is someone who is in my lean-town category because of some shitty/ weak reasoning, other people being scummier, etc. Consider it 'town by statistical probability'.

I expect my reads to change drastically depending on the flip.

Can you bring me through a quick summary of his alignment assuming bats flips town/scum?



If Bat is scum, then I'd look into Grack as he is a possible partner, wouldn't have pushed scum!bat much and focused more on pushing HF/ JAT and defending Superbia. (however I don't think Grack has said anything to/ about batsnacks that is scummy by itself)

If Bat is town then I don't see my opinion of him changing much, so town.

I'm not very comfortable with giving my thoughts on how I might view things in hypothetical scenarios so take with a grain of salt.


huh

I thought if bats is scum I was scum?! This doesn't make any sense. I mean sure, grack and bats can be a team but it does not fit in your supposed train of thought at all.


What? This has nothing to do with you.

He's asking how my opinion of Grack would change depending on what Bat flipped.

I responded with "Grack could be a potential partner if Bat is scum but I don't think he's done anything scummy at the moment"

I don't even get what your argument is here.

Your whole scumread on me hinges on bats being scum. And now if someone asks you what you think of grack if bats flips scum you say: "he might be scum because he pushed JAT instead of bats"? Like what?


I said that a large part of my scum-read on you revolves around scum!bat, not the entire thing.

It's a possibility that I was asked about. I don't see how considering other possibilities where you AREN'T scum with batsnacks is a bad thing. As said before, I am skeptical that I have actually found two of the mafia on Day 1.

Actually you know what? I'm not going to spend more time exploring this line of thought as it's pre-flip, relies on speculation and I don't even know if batsnacks is scum yet. Ask something more productive.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
October 05 2016 13:51 GMT
#900
On October 05 2016 22:49 Calix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2016 22:42 justanothertownie wrote:
On October 05 2016 22:39 Calix wrote:
On October 05 2016 22:35 justanothertownie wrote:
On October 05 2016 22:26 Calix wrote:
On October 05 2016 22:20 Oatsmaster wrote:
On October 05 2016 22:00 Calix wrote:
Basically Grack is someone who is in my lean-town category because of some shitty/ weak reasoning, other people being scummier, etc. Consider it 'town by statistical probability'.

I expect my reads to change drastically depending on the flip.

Can you bring me through a quick summary of his alignment assuming bats flips town/scum?



If Bat is scum, then I'd look into Grack as he is a possible partner, wouldn't have pushed scum!bat much and focused more on pushing HF/ JAT and defending Superbia. (however I don't think Grack has said anything to/ about batsnacks that is scummy by itself)

If Bat is town then I don't see my opinion of him changing much, so town.

I'm not very comfortable with giving my thoughts on how I might view things in hypothetical scenarios so take with a grain of salt.


huh

I thought if bats is scum I was scum?! This doesn't make any sense. I mean sure, grack and bats can be a team but it does not fit in your supposed train of thought at all.


What? This has nothing to do with you.

He's asking how my opinion of Grack would change depending on what Bat flipped.

I responded with "Grack could be a potential partner if Bat is scum but I don't think he's done anything scummy at the moment"

I don't even get what your argument is here.

Your whole scumread on me hinges on bats being scum. And now if someone asks you what you think of grack if bats flips scum you say: "he might be scum because he pushed JAT instead of bats"? Like what?


I said that a large part of my scum-read on you revolves around scum!bat, not the entire thing.

It's a possibility that I was asked about. I don't see how considering other possibilities where you AREN'T scum with batsnacks is a bad thing. As said before, I am skeptical that I have actually found two of the mafia on Day 1.

Actually you know what? I'm not going to spend more time exploring this line of thought as it's pre-flip, relies on speculation and I don't even know if batsnacks is scum yet. Ask something more productive.

Interesting. So you are weakening your read now when questioned. Very scummy.
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
davetesta40
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ByuN 199
CosmosSc2 53
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1901
GuemChi 1294
Artosis 658
910 41
Bale 18
MaD[AoV]18
Dota 2
monkeys_forever301
League of Legends
JimRising 799
Counter-Strike
taco 244
minikerr8
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox670
Other Games
summit1g8783
Day[9].tv705
shahzam646
C9.Mang0317
Trikslyr47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick560
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream17
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1410
• Hinosc 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur723
• Day9tv705
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
15h 8m
The PondCast
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 21h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.