• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:42
CEST 03:42
KST 10:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8179 users

[M][N] Murder on the Cruise Trip Mafia - Page 107

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 182 Next
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
October 07 2016 19:56 GMT
#2121
On October 08 2016 04:11 marvellosity wrote:
koshi doesn't even have to be town either tbh. didn't like the fact that he didn't understand i was making a joke when i commented on his palmar vote at the beginning of the day

Why? (I know you kind of backtracked very soon)
This overall seems like standard Koshi play, no? I would expect a little more activity usually but he said stuff about RL screwing him.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
October 07 2016 19:56 GMT
#2122
On October 08 2016 04:53 marvellosity wrote:
i just can't possibly understand how he has managed to reach the conclusion he has given the relative posting of me and Palmar.

Palmar has done NOT ONE SINGLE THING to try to lynch a scumread. but i'm scum because i'm not trying to be convincing? it's so fucking illogical.

NOT ONE SINGLE THING. bears repeating.

This is correct and the conclusion is correct too
Computer says mafia
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 07 2016 19:57 GMT
#2123
On October 08 2016 04:56 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2016 04:11 marvellosity wrote:
koshi doesn't even have to be town either tbh. didn't like the fact that he didn't understand i was making a joke when i commented on his palmar vote at the beginning of the day

Why? (I know you kind of backtracked very soon)
This overall seems like standard Koshi play, no? I would expect a little more activity usually but he said stuff about RL screwing him.

yeah i was mostly just being impetuous. just i think his mafiaplay has improved and i don't think this game is outside that range.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
October 07 2016 20:00 GMT
#2124
On October 08 2016 04:49 Calix wrote:
This is kind of why I don't think Palmar is scum either. Both of them are harping on about their ~speshul connection~ and how well they know each other, etc etc, so what I'm wondering is why either of them would (as scum) keep drawing attention to this while they are pushing each other.

It's poor play from scum because if one of them gets (mis) lynched then the other one looks absolutely terrible. All for the grand total of...one mislynch!

You'll notice this is a similar - if not identical - argument to what was being used with me at the start of the game when I was attacking NU. That's because it's a similar situation.


In AI 2, Banana and Firebringer did a similar thing D1. They made a 1v1 and said that only one of them was going to be lynched that day and drew a lot of attention to themselves by doing so.

Both were scum (Executioner vs. Godfather).

I did a similar thing as Serial Killer in 3FaS with Unknown.

Like I get that it's hard to conceive that scum would draw attention to themselves from a logical standpoint, but such situations have happened in the past. I won't push this any further as we're going in the wifom grounds.

Also, I get the feeling that Palmar is not pushing Marv. His argument is basically that we should lynch marv when plamar flips. That's not really a push. More "fearmongering" as Koshi would say.
I think I actually find marv more town than Plam in that 1v1.
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
October 07 2016 20:01 GMT
#2125
On October 08 2016 04:57 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2016 04:56 justanothertownie wrote:
On October 08 2016 04:11 marvellosity wrote:
koshi doesn't even have to be town either tbh. didn't like the fact that he didn't understand i was making a joke when i commented on his palmar vote at the beginning of the day

Why? (I know you kind of backtracked very soon)
This overall seems like standard Koshi play, no? I would expect a little more activity usually but he said stuff about RL screwing him.

yeah i was mostly just being impetuous. just i think his mafiaplay has improved and i don't think this game is outside that range.

Has to be a major improvement then.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 07 2016 20:02 GMT
#2126
Quite :p
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
October 07 2016 20:02 GMT
#2127
Calix, what do you make of jat's recent posts?

And if you think he is still a mob, who do you see him teamed with?
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
October 07 2016 20:03 GMT
#2128
On October 08 2016 05:00 NeverUnlucky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2016 04:49 Calix wrote:
This is kind of why I don't think Palmar is scum either. Both of them are harping on about their ~speshul connection~ and how well they know each other, etc etc, so what I'm wondering is why either of them would (as scum) keep drawing attention to this while they are pushing each other.

It's poor play from scum because if one of them gets (mis) lynched then the other one looks absolutely terrible. All for the grand total of...one mislynch!

You'll notice this is a similar - if not identical - argument to what was being used with me at the start of the game when I was attacking NU. That's because it's a similar situation.


In AI 2, Banana and Firebringer did a similar thing D1. They made a 1v1 and said that only one of them was going to be lynched that day and drew a lot of attention to themselves by doing so.

Both were scum (Executioner vs. Godfather).

I did a similar thing as Serial Killer in 3FaS with Unknown.

Like I get that it's hard to conceive that scum would draw attention to themselves from a logical standpoint, but such situations have happened in the past. I won't push this any further as we're going in the wifom grounds.

Also, I get the feeling that Palmar is not pushing Marv. His argument is basically that we should lynch marv when plamar flips. That's not really a push. More "fearmongering" as Koshi would say.
I think I actually find marv more town than Plam in that 1v1.


If you put a gun to my head and told me to pick one then I agree that Marv is a dozen times townier than Palmar and if everyone insists that one of them must die today then I'm going with him.

I'm not sure if either of them are as...volatile as BC/ FB but it's not a bad counter point.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
October 07 2016 20:03 GMT
#2129
On October 08 2016 05:00 NeverUnlucky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2016 04:49 Calix wrote:
This is kind of why I don't think Palmar is scum either. Both of them are harping on about their ~speshul connection~ and how well they know each other, etc etc, so what I'm wondering is why either of them would (as scum) keep drawing attention to this while they are pushing each other.

It's poor play from scum because if one of them gets (mis) lynched then the other one looks absolutely terrible. All for the grand total of...one mislynch!

You'll notice this is a similar - if not identical - argument to what was being used with me at the start of the game when I was attacking NU. That's because it's a similar situation.


In AI 2, Banana and Firebringer did a similar thing D1. They made a 1v1 and said that only one of them was going to be lynched that day and drew a lot of attention to themselves by doing so.

Both were scum (Executioner vs. Godfather).

I did a similar thing as Serial Killer in 3FaS with Unknown.

Like I get that it's hard to conceive that scum would draw attention to themselves from a logical standpoint, but such situations have happened in the past. I won't push this any further as we're going in the wifom grounds.

Also, I get the feeling that Palmar is not pushing Marv. His argument is basically that we should lynch marv when plamar flips. That's not really a push. More "fearmongering" as Koshi would say.
I think I actually find marv more town than Plam in that 1v1.

Yes, I agree.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
October 07 2016 20:04 GMT
#2130
I am of the opinion that the majority of the scum are among the less influential low-posters with one active person who is steering the thread in a direction that they want, so the lurkers are my default scum team for pretty much everyone, lol.

I'll look at JAT, one moment.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
October 07 2016 20:06 GMT
#2131
On October 08 2016 05:03 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2016 05:00 NeverUnlucky wrote:
On October 08 2016 04:49 Calix wrote:
This is kind of why I don't think Palmar is scum either. Both of them are harping on about their ~speshul connection~ and how well they know each other, etc etc, so what I'm wondering is why either of them would (as scum) keep drawing attention to this while they are pushing each other.

It's poor play from scum because if one of them gets (mis) lynched then the other one looks absolutely terrible. All for the grand total of...one mislynch!

You'll notice this is a similar - if not identical - argument to what was being used with me at the start of the game when I was attacking NU. That's because it's a similar situation.


In AI 2, Banana and Firebringer did a similar thing D1. They made a 1v1 and said that only one of them was going to be lynched that day and drew a lot of attention to themselves by doing so.

Both were scum (Executioner vs. Godfather).

I did a similar thing as Serial Killer in 3FaS with Unknown.

Like I get that it's hard to conceive that scum would draw attention to themselves from a logical standpoint, but such situations have happened in the past. I won't push this any further as we're going in the wifom grounds.

Also, I get the feeling that Palmar is not pushing Marv. His argument is basically that we should lynch marv when plamar flips. That's not really a push. More "fearmongering" as Koshi would say.
I think I actually find marv more town than Plam in that 1v1.

Yes, I agree.


that's because you suffer from bads.
Computer says mafia
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
October 07 2016 20:06 GMT
#2132
On October 08 2016 05:04 Calix wrote:
I am of the opinion that the majority of the scum are among the less influential low-posters with one active person who is steering the thread in a direction that they want, so the lurkers are my default scum team for pretty much everyone, lol.

I'll look at JAT, one moment.


So 2 of Scott/DDD/Superbia/Koshi (Is he considered a lurkerrr?)/Plamar are scum iyo?

"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
October 07 2016 20:08 GMT
#2133
On October 08 2016 04:48 marvellosity wrote:
calix, is nu terrible?

if not i'm gonna have to downgrade him

he is very prone to ridiculous plots and tinfoiling, and his reads aren't based on anything
Computer says mafia
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 07 2016 20:09 GMT
#2134
On October 08 2016 05:08 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2016 04:48 marvellosity wrote:
calix, is nu terrible?

if not i'm gonna have to downgrade him

he is very prone to ridiculous plots and tinfoiling, and his reads aren't based on anything

Surely not a post with a little relevance?!
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
October 07 2016 20:10 GMT
#2135
On October 08 2016 05:06 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2016 05:03 justanothertownie wrote:
On October 08 2016 05:00 NeverUnlucky wrote:
On October 08 2016 04:49 Calix wrote:
This is kind of why I don't think Palmar is scum either. Both of them are harping on about their ~speshul connection~ and how well they know each other, etc etc, so what I'm wondering is why either of them would (as scum) keep drawing attention to this while they are pushing each other.

It's poor play from scum because if one of them gets (mis) lynched then the other one looks absolutely terrible. All for the grand total of...one mislynch!

You'll notice this is a similar - if not identical - argument to what was being used with me at the start of the game when I was attacking NU. That's because it's a similar situation.


In AI 2, Banana and Firebringer did a similar thing D1. They made a 1v1 and said that only one of them was going to be lynched that day and drew a lot of attention to themselves by doing so.

Both were scum (Executioner vs. Godfather).

I did a similar thing as Serial Killer in 3FaS with Unknown.

Like I get that it's hard to conceive that scum would draw attention to themselves from a logical standpoint, but such situations have happened in the past. I won't push this any further as we're going in the wifom grounds.

Also, I get the feeling that Palmar is not pushing Marv. His argument is basically that we should lynch marv when plamar flips. That's not really a push. More "fearmongering" as Koshi would say.
I think I actually find marv more town than Plam in that 1v1.

Yes, I agree.


that's because you suffer from bads.

So, bads = town = why are you voting me again?!
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
October 07 2016 20:11 GMT
#2136
On October 08 2016 05:08 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2016 04:48 marvellosity wrote:
calix, is nu terrible?

if not i'm gonna have to downgrade him

he is very prone to ridiculous plots and tinfoiling, and his reads aren't based on anything


Yours Truly NU
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
beentheredonethat
Profile Joined May 2016
2934 Posts
October 07 2016 20:11 GMT
#2137
Day 2: Vote Count #2


  • Palmar (3) - marvellosity, Koshi, justanothertownie, Calix, Superbia
  • Damdred (0) - NeverUnlucky, Grackaroni
  • justanothertownie (4) - Calix, Palmar, Grackaroni, Oatsmaster
  • marvellosity (1) - Superbia, NeverUnlucky

Not voting (3) - Damdred, scott31337, NeverUnlucky

Currently, justanothertownie is set to be lynched in (Saturday, Oct 08 9:00pm GMT (GMT+00:00).

Remember, voting is mandatory.

The voting thread is located here.

Please report any errors in the vote count via PM to the hosts.
"Micro tricks like marine splitting, blink stalker micro, and ling/baneling wars were the apex of the game’s achievements; nothing in the world takes your breath away like watching a pro player split marines like a god."
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
October 07 2016 20:11 GMT
#2138
With regards to JAT...

- Makes a valid point that nobody (myself included) has bothered to make a case against him after Day 1.
- Claims Palmar has not left his mafia range. Seems to think that it is TvS and that the town will make himself obvious.
- Scum-reads Superbia/ Damdred.
- Makes a large post concluding Scott/ Stutters is null.
- Correctly claims that defensiveness is not scum-indicative.

Overall, it's not terrible. I don't think he says anything super-townie/ something mafia would never say but his posts didn't give me the vibe that he was sitting on the sidelines and pushing mafia objectives so I have no complaints.
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
October 07 2016 20:12 GMT
#2139
On October 08 2016 05:09 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2016 05:08 Palmar wrote:
On October 08 2016 04:48 marvellosity wrote:
calix, is nu terrible?

if not i'm gonna have to downgrade him

he is very prone to ridiculous plots and tinfoiling, and his reads aren't based on anything

Surely not a post with a little relevance?!


Half-Life 3 will come out before Plamar becomes relevant.
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
October 07 2016 20:14 GMT
#2140
On October 08 2016 04:02 marvellosity wrote:
i wish you guys had just gone along with me more on the palmar thing, because he had a half hour flurry of decent posts and now he's coasting on it because everyone went 'oooh that looked nice'. it's so dull

it isn't dull, it's correct.

You lack confidence, that points to you being mafia, but fuck it let's pretend you're not for a little bit for the sake of moving the game forward.

By lack of confidence, I mean your ridiculous emphasis on getting me to answer some completely tangential questions you have no need for to determine my alignment.

But if you must, the explanation is very simple. I wasn't very much around, I didn't think bats was scum and I'm not mafia. I tried to push for a Calix lynch, which I've now decided was retarded. At the deadline I was mad and only barely paying attention to the thread. I did explain my reasoning for voting HF, but in hindsight I was just being a moron and failed to catch what is a fairly obvious joke. I got mad and voted him.

Essentially, I got trolled.

Of course he started posting like a townie and making sense again, so I came around, also realizing that I was just being stupid. Someone said during that time that HF was scummy for pulling the "it was just a joke" defense, but whatever.
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings80
davetesta33
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ByuN 272
RuFF_SC2 103
CosmosSc2 74
WinterStarcraft46
ViBE32
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2041
GuemChi 1371
Artosis 622
910 44
Bale 19
MaD[AoV]19
Dota 2
monkeys_forever369
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 437
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox702
Other Games
summit1g8634
Day[9].tv761
shahzam679
JimRising 631
C9.Mang0358
Trikslyr37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick867
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP35
• EnkiAlexander 13
• Letter146
• Hinosc 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv761
• Shiphtur696
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
14h 18m
The PondCast
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 9h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 20h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.