• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:06
CEST 01:06
KST 08:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8591 users

Who Wants to be a Millionaire Cell Mini Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
February 11 2016 06:05 GMT
#4
this sounds like a very interesting setup :o
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
February 15 2016 21:25 GMT
#26
i guess i'll give it a shot

/in
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
February 18 2016 21:51 GMT
#40
also /confirmed

i will also have to make sure i actually understand the order of actions
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
February 22 2016 22:16 GMT
#89
Hey guys, first cell game.

I don't want to be mayor because i'm still figuring out how this game will work lol
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
February 22 2016 22:54 GMT
#98
I'm cool with my cell going first. I've never played with either Rels or LS as a side note and i've only seen town rels in games I've spectated
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
February 22 2016 23:01 GMT
#103
Well I don't know the meta for how this theme works tbh, and i'm relatively confident that there are multiple people in this game that can read me for my town play.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
February 23 2016 00:26 GMT
#145
On February 23 2016 08:03 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2016 08:01 darthfoley wrote:
Well I don't know the meta for how this theme works tbh, and i'm relatively confident that there are multiple people in this game that can read me for my town play.


This isn't really relevant to wanting to or being okay with going first. Why do you want your cell to go first?

Also what do you think is a good cell order?


I think A is a hard cell; Kuragari was low activity lynchbait in the only game I played with him; you're good and you've coached me so i'm wary of you for that reason, and I haven't played with SL before, but spec'd a game or two of his (no read on him).

Cell B: I've played one game with scum!Shapelog and he was quite spammy; only game i've played with Damdred he was killed N1 because he was almost universally town read. Never played with OWS.

Cell C: Played with Rels in Star Wars now that I think about it, I correctly town read him for most of the game until he was NK'd. LS replaced into that game and successfully made people correctly read him town pretty quickly, though people were reading AFK Onegu scum. In my one scum game I was trash, and I think I've been not lynch bait and halfway decent in my other games as town; i'm a pretty solid read for some people in this game. I don't agree with Damdred's analysis of cell C-- I don't think i'm lynch bait.

Cell D: I've played a couple games with VA and I think I have a basic read on his play. He's one of the few people I feel "comfortable" reading (see Unoriginal + Star Wars games). Never played with FF or Breshke, so i'll keep an eye on them but meh for right now. I would rate this a harder cell.

Cell E: Rather comfortable playing with Kush (3 games now I think, as scum team + both town). All I know about Vivax is that he got early scum read in PYP and from what you guys said, he's more afk as mafia(?). Don't know bum at all.

I'm not really sure what strategy we use to determine cell order. I'm most wary of cells D and E in terms of people I don't know.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
February 23 2016 00:44 GMT
#160
Well I've played three games on TL: Unoriginal (scum); Newbie something (vigi); Star Wars (VT)

I was pretty much town read both games D1 when I was town/before I came out as blue. It wasn't the strongest read ever, but I never had that much pressure on me because my play was organic. Only reason my name came up later in Star Wars was because I was lazy town and wanted the game to finish.

I've only played with LS for 1/2 of a game so I defer to other people's reads on him until I can formulate my own. I agree with ritoky that Rels comes across more town as the game goes along, from what i've seen.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
February 23 2016 07:01 GMT
#254
On February 23 2016 09:52 Damdred wrote:
Then in what order would you put the cells Darth? And are you toe reading rit? Anyone here?


I've read over the thread again and read through you and ritoky's filter.

I have a pretty strong TR on you right now. I like that you got down to business pretty early and explained your reasoning behind your cell order. I don't actually agree with it though-- after I've thought about the game format, I think cell C should be 2nd or 3rd, for reasons ritoky has already mentioned. (my order is below)

I also am currently town reading ritoky, but as I've mentioned i'm always kinda hesitant with him because he coached me very well in my last game as town and I feel like i'm an easy pocket for him. Part of the reason why I TR him is because I think his progression on me so far comes from town!ritoky-- the one longish post I made wasn't particularly great in any way. It actually makes me think he's more town for raising questions about my play. (Not trying to buddy or pocket me).

Personally i'm fine with either of you being mayor so far. Will probably hold my vote for a bit, but I like ritoky's cell order better than yours currently... so I am leaning to vote him.

Right now my cell order would be D/E C A B. I'm more comfortable with D going first because I think I have a decent grasp of Kush's play, and others have a good grasp of Vivax. In terms of powers, I would consider using one on group D but I don't think it's wise to use either on my cell. I think using the other one on cell A, or perhaps E is also good.

Why do you want your cell 4th and cell A 5th?
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
February 23 2016 07:05 GMT
#255
I know Breshke hasn't posted much but I liked this post of his

On February 23 2016 08:24 Breshke wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2016 08:16 nooniansoong wrote:
Of course order needs to be reevaluated closer to EoD depending on how people look so far.
I am kind of in agreement with ritoky's order, but more active people should be put first. D might be better to save just because those are all low content players, so deciding early on them might be hard.


im kind of confused here though. If all the active people are put in the earlier phases won't that mean the later phases are just an afk party.

I thought you would do it the other way around and put cells with the less active people earlier


Why would mafia not want an AFK party near the end? Also, didn't particularly like Kush's response

On February 23 2016 08:55 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
Inactive people in early cells is bad because there's not a lot of content to go off of


While that's true, you're kinda just kicking the can down the road if you want to keep AFK people in longer. Wouldn't town benefit longer from having many active players left in longer?
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
February 23 2016 07:06 GMT
#256
scratch the first "longer" in my last sentence lol
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
February 23 2016 07:42 GMT
#258
I understand why you want C to go in the first half, but I still don't really see why you should use a power on my cell-- mainly because town has less to go on with earlier votes and you feel more confident in your late game reads for other cell blocks?

Regarding cell D: do you have any reads on the three? Do you make anything of my post above about Breshke?
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
February 23 2016 07:57 GMT
#261
Fair enough. That makes sense. I agree with we should use 50/50 either cell 1 or cell 2
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
February 23 2016 14:23 GMT
#289
On February 23 2016 20:52 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2016 16:05 darthfoley wrote:
I know Breshke hasn't posted much but I liked this post of his

On February 23 2016 08:24 Breshke wrote:
On February 23 2016 08:16 nooniansoong wrote:
Of course order needs to be reevaluated closer to EoD depending on how people look so far.
I am kind of in agreement with ritoky's order, but more active people should be put first. D might be better to save just because those are all low content players, so deciding early on them might be hard.


im kind of confused here though. If all the active people are put in the earlier phases won't that mean the later phases are just an afk party.

I thought you would do it the other way around and put cells with the less active people earlier


Why would mafia not want an AFK party near the end? Also, didn't particularly like Kush's response

On February 23 2016 08:55 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
Inactive people in early cells is bad because there's not a lot of content to go off of


While that's true, you're kinda just kicking the can down the road if you want to keep AFK people in longer. Wouldn't town benefit longer from having many active players left in longer?


You seem to admit that there are pros and cons to it.
What makes one benefit definitively better than the other?
Why does it make me scum for valuing one over the other?


I never said one was definitely better than the other, but I don't think I really mentioned any pros to your strategy, which is why I questioned you in the first place. Unless you consider kicking the can down the road to be a pro.

I do however think that gambling that inactive/afk people early game are going to get helpful and active later in the game-- especially if their inactivity is what got their cells placed later-- is just that: a gamble. With active players (e.g. cells A and B) isn't it a safer play to leave them in the game longer simply because their activity will allow them to be town read/scum read easier and because they'll create good town discussion?

From what I've thought about your strategy, it just seems like it would benefit mafia more than town to not have that many strong towns/active towns late game and rely on low activity players to win the game for town. Am I missing something?
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
February 23 2016 14:52 GMT
#299
On February 23 2016 23:34 Shapelog wrote:
Totally Darth. Leave the Cell with the "Spammy Enigma" alive to create " good town discussion."

I read a bit (did not bother looking at alignments btw) and kush did that last cell game (or one of them). I think we should spread them out tbh. Makes it a best of both worlds.
(Theoretically speaking)
Heavily active: Cell A, Cell B
Weakly active: Cell C
Weakly Afk: Cell D (could prob. be below.)
Heavily Afk: Cell E

Idk how to order it though.


I sense some sarcasm lol. Tbf Shape, I have called you a spammy enigma, but I said cells A and B should go later because they could create good town discussion OR because they will probably be solidly read by late game.

Why don't you know how to order it? Seems like you drew lots of conclusions from the cells. You say you like that Breshke doesn't want afk people last, but you town read Kush who has the exact opposite approach for cell order (actives first, afks later). Why?

watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
February 23 2016 17:36 GMT
#344
it's the cell image
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
February 23 2016 19:33 GMT
#413
I'll be on later tonight to discuss current reads/cells. Really sucks that Rels is afk for quite a while, although i'm relatively confident that when he comes back he'll have quite a few good points if he's town.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
February 24 2016 01:20 GMT
#573
i'm back, and i like the order of the cells from Mayor ritoky. Gonna look through the three now
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
February 24 2016 01:39 GMT
#575
Meh I've gone through VA/FF/Breshke's filters and I don't really have strong vibes from any of them.

I'm not sure why people are town reading FF. Most of his posts about other games or kinda useless. I found it kinda weird when he called Breshke out for talking actively about cell order pros/cons.

On February 23 2016 09:24 Fecalfeast wrote:
Oh so I'm in a cell with breshke.

All his posts are pretty benign questions that don't talk about anyone, just about cell order. If he's so interested in cell order why is he so disinterested in mayor?

Mostly setup talk so far actually so it's not enough to call him scum but I don't particularly like anything he's posted so far


Posts he was referencing:
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 23 2016 07:25 Breshke wrote:
Should all would be mayors post what their cell order would be since that is really the only thing that would differentiate them?

Just at a quick glance ritoky like say without reading anyone's posts what would you make the order?


On February 23 2016 07:35 Breshke wrote:
Rit is the assumption right that you want to put the "strong" players in the final cells and the weaker players in the early cells?

Or is cell 4 more important than cell 5 because cell 5 you have like all the information to go off?


On February 23 2016 08:24 Breshke wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2016 08:16 nooniansoong wrote:
Of course order needs to be reevaluated closer to EoD depending on how people look so far.
I am kind of in agreement with ritoky's order, but more active people should be put first. D might be better to save just because those are all low content players, so deciding early on them might be hard.


im kind of confused here though. If all the active people are put in the earlier phases won't that mean the later phases are just an afk party.

I thought you would do it the other way around and put cells with the less active people earlier



I don't think any of these posts are bad, and they give me a towny vibe from Breshke. You don't have to be running for mayor to care about cell order. This sounds like someone trying to work through the strategy of cell order from town perspective.

VA I am slightly scum reading right now... I liked Kush's reasoning behind his cell order and where to put easy/hard cells more than VA's argument, but I am not sure if that's alignment indicative yet. Seems like a mafia thing to want: planting the hard cells early so they just win a quick 3-0 or 3-1. VA's only real contribution so far is that on the off chance we get to cell 5 and the game is going, town will have a better chance of winning. I think Kush's approach of win now rather than later is much more town oriented.

Think we should think about 50/50 here if the play doesn't pick up
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
February 24 2016 02:38 GMT
#578
On February 24 2016 07:02 LightningStrike wrote:
Hmm Breshke and VA voted for off wagons. Very odd. Will check out their reasons for their votes when I get home.


VA why did you vote for Kush mayor?
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE110
CosmosSc2 33
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 584
Artosis 528
910 27
Dota 2
monkeys_forever495
League of Legends
JimRising 565
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5668
Other Games
summit1g7620
shahzam560
C9.Mang0284
ArmadaUGS90
Trikslyr41
ZombieGrub25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick281
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream145
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 140
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
54m
Kung Fu Cup
11h 54m
Stellar Fest
13h 54m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.