• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:10
CEST 03:10
KST 10:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10069 users

Pick Your Power: Intriguing - Page 70

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 288 Next
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 20 2016 23:50 GMT
#1381
On January 21 2016 08:50 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 08:47 Palmar wrote:
On January 21 2016 08:39 Damdred wrote:
I 100% am using whatever negative ability I get on obi no matter what now and the only way to stop me is to lynch me d1.

I allowed myself to be dicked around by ff because it was the date I got married on, but I won't be dicked around because I'm not able to be here when I am legit one of the stronger town players I. The game and these fear reads on me are pathetic

I gave you a pretty good role with all the information I had available.

You're a good player
You have been inactive and thus unable to establish yourself as town
you're good enough to be responsible for your actions.
You can think independently

So I figured you'd be an excellent "check" player. Understanding your own limitations to make a town impression on town leaders such as myself, you have the opportunity to "check" someone who you think is mafia, and get a MC role if that player actually picked according to my plan.

You also don't need a role to be impactful in the game, which is another good reason for you to follow my plan. If you're town, mafia is forced to shoot between a good role (someone else) and a good analyst (you).

But I guess my plan is going byebye because town is full of cowboys hurr durr.


tbh I don't even know what your plan was


It was the giant post he made several pages back.
Go check.
Retired.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
January 20 2016 23:50 GMT
#1382
Finr changing to doc fuck it
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
January 20 2016 23:51 GMT
#1383
On January 21 2016 08:49 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
(If damdred doesn't actually switch I guess I'll pick doctor.
It sucks that I got so high up on the list and got shafted anyways but I'd rather this nonsense work out properly instead of having grudge matches across the board.)

Take moriarty and I'll go back to gambler (or take yu narakumi??? I've been reading these roles sorta)
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 20 2016 23:51 GMT
#1384
On January 21 2016 08:49 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
(If damdred doesn't actually switch I guess I'll pick doctor.
It sucks that I got so high up on the list and got shafted anyways but I'd rather this nonsense work out properly instead of having grudge matches across the board.)

pick whatever you like, including mafia favored roles, if you want.

Computer says mafia
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
January 20 2016 23:51 GMT
#1385
Also to be abundantly clear:

Check-pick means PICKING THE ROLE your scum-read was SUPPOSED TO PICK

NOT picking a scummy role
Minimal effort.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
January 20 2016 23:52 GMT
#1386
On January 21 2016 08:50 Damdred wrote:
Finr changing to doc fuck it

sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
January 20 2016 23:52 GMT
#1387
obi being a pussy is probably a scum lean worthy thing
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
January 20 2016 23:52 GMT
#1388
On January 21 2016 08:47 Superbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 08:46 kitaman27 wrote:
On January 20 2016 09:37 Palmar wrote:
It's in town's best favor to have as many roles we control in the game as possible


On January 21 2016 07:21 Palmar wrote:
The entire point of having ffa/check players is for them to take roles that SHOULD have been taken before them to PROVE the players before them actually took the roles they were meant to take. It's a failsafe.


On January 21 2016 07:21 Palmar wrote:
Kita's additions completely undermine my plan.


Who here thinks these three statements could possibly follow a logical sequence from a town Palmar? It's impossible.

EBWOP the second quote should be under palmar's name not mine.


I think it makes sense from a town perspective to have some people check-pick near end of the list. Assuming they're not all aligned (decent assumption), it puts some pressure on mafia to pick what they're told and not pick some super scummy role.


Pick 8, 10, and 15 should not be thrown away simply to verify that a player picked their roles.

I suggested they be replaced by three very powerful roles that include watching abilities, parity cop, tracking, and protection. Then Palmar calls me mafia for "undermining his plan". It's so illogical that it's ridiculous.

I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 20 2016 23:52 GMT
#1389
On January 21 2016 08:51 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 08:49 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
(If damdred doesn't actually switch I guess I'll pick doctor.
It sucks that I got so high up on the list and got shafted anyways but I'd rather this nonsense work out properly instead of having grudge matches across the board.)

pick whatever you like, including mafia favored roles, if you want.



If the damdred/ff/me trio goes Nigella/Gambler or Yu/Moriarty, would that be a better combo than Doctor/Moriarty/Nigella?
Retired.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 20 2016 23:52 GMT
#1390
On January 21 2016 08:52 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 08:50 Damdred wrote:
Finr changing to doc fuck it


you can also double check if you have a scumread above you, but your call.
Computer says mafia
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 20 2016 23:53 GMT
#1391
Fine, I'm sticking to Nigella.
Retired.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 20 2016 23:53 GMT
#1392
On January 21 2016 08:52 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 08:51 Palmar wrote:
On January 21 2016 08:49 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
(If damdred doesn't actually switch I guess I'll pick doctor.
It sucks that I got so high up on the list and got shafted anyways but I'd rather this nonsense work out properly instead of having grudge matches across the board.)

pick whatever you like, including mafia favored roles, if you want.



If the damdred/ff/me trio goes Nigella/Gambler or Yu/Moriarty, would that be a better combo than Doctor/Moriarty/Nigella?

I have no idea, I didn't want yo and gambler in the game because they have so much variation and utility that they're harder to control.
Computer says mafia
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
January 20 2016 23:53 GMT
#1393
obi are you picking that evil role you talked about earlier? i would like to know
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 20 2016 23:53 GMT
#1394
sorry yo and nigella.

gambler is good in the gmae.
Computer says mafia
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 20 2016 23:53 GMT
#1395
On January 21 2016 08:53 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Fine, I'm sticking to Nigella.


Final answer.
We're doing it.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 20 2016 23:54 GMT
#1396
On January 21 2016 08:53 sicklucker wrote:
obi are you picking that evil role you talked about earlier? i would like to know


Artorias? No.
Retired.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 20 2016 23:54 GMT
#1397
On January 21 2016 08:52 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 08:47 Superbia wrote:
On January 21 2016 08:46 kitaman27 wrote:
On January 20 2016 09:37 Palmar wrote:
It's in town's best favor to have as many roles we control in the game as possible


On January 21 2016 07:21 Palmar wrote:
The entire point of having ffa/check players is for them to take roles that SHOULD have been taken before them to PROVE the players before them actually took the roles they were meant to take. It's a failsafe.


On January 21 2016 07:21 Palmar wrote:
Kita's additions completely undermine my plan.


Who here thinks these three statements could possibly follow a logical sequence from a town Palmar? It's impossible.

EBWOP the second quote should be under palmar's name not mine.


I think it makes sense from a town perspective to have some people check-pick near end of the list. Assuming they're not all aligned (decent assumption), it puts some pressure on mafia to pick what they're told and not pick some super scummy role.


Pick 8, 10, and 15 should not be thrown away simply to verify that a player picked their roles.

I suggested they be replaced by three very powerful roles that include watching abilities, parity cop, tracking, and protection. Then Palmar calls me mafia for "undermining his plan". It's so illogical that it's ridiculous.



LOOK AT ME IM A ROCKET MAN GOING INTO SPACE
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 20 2016 23:54 GMT
#1398
I should just stick with my earlier plan of picking puppeteer so I have someone friendly and smart to talk to.
Computer says mafia
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 20 2016 23:55 GMT
#1399
On January 21 2016 08:54 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 08:52 kitaman27 wrote:
On January 21 2016 08:47 Superbia wrote:
On January 21 2016 08:46 kitaman27 wrote:
On January 20 2016 09:37 Palmar wrote:
It's in town's best favor to have as many roles we control in the game as possible


On January 21 2016 07:21 Palmar wrote:
The entire point of having ffa/check players is for them to take roles that SHOULD have been taken before them to PROVE the players before them actually took the roles they were meant to take. It's a failsafe.


On January 21 2016 07:21 Palmar wrote:
Kita's additions completely undermine my plan.


Who here thinks these three statements could possibly follow a logical sequence from a town Palmar? It's impossible.

EBWOP the second quote should be under palmar's name not mine.


I think it makes sense from a town perspective to have some people check-pick near end of the list. Assuming they're not all aligned (decent assumption), it puts some pressure on mafia to pick what they're told and not pick some super scummy role.


Pick 8, 10, and 15 should not be thrown away simply to verify that a player picked their roles.

I suggested they be replaced by three very powerful roles that include watching abilities, parity cop, tracking, and protection. Then Palmar calls me mafia for "undermining his plan". It's so illogical that it's ridiculous.



LOOK AT ME IM A ROCKET MAN GOING INTO SPACE


rofl
Retired.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
January 20 2016 23:55 GMT
#1400
whatever put in for the role
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 288 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings73
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta28
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech138
SpeCial 127
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13519
Artosis 632
Shuttle 380
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm149
canceldota136
League of Legends
Doublelift4286
Counter-Strike
taco 302
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox438
AZ_Axe103
Other Games
summit1g6850
shahzam587
Day[9].tv567
C9.Mang0384
Maynarde150
ViBE122
Trikslyr71
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV156
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP60
• StrangeGG 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv567
Upcoming Events
OSC
21h 50m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 8h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.