• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:46
CEST 00:46
KST 07:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8853 users

Pick Your Power: Intriguing - Page 69

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 288 Next
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
January 20 2016 23:45 GMT
#1361
On January 20 2016 09:37 Palmar wrote:
It's in town's best favor to have as many roles we control in the game as possible


On January 21 2016 08:40 kitaman27 wrote:
The entire point of having ffa/check players is for them to take roles that SHOULD have been taken before them to PROVE the players before them actually took the roles they were meant to take. It's a failsafe.


On January 21 2016 07:21 Palmar wrote:
Kita's additions completely undermine my plan.


Who here thinks these three statements could possibly follow a logical sequence from a town Palmar? It's impossible.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
January 20 2016 23:45 GMT
#1362
On January 21 2016 08:39 Damdred wrote:
I 100% am using whatever negative ability I get on obi no matter what now and the only way to stop me is to lynch me d1.

I allowed myself to be dicked around by ff because it was the date I got married on, but I won't be dicked around because I'm not able to be here when I am legit one of the stronger town players I. The game and these fear reads on me are pathetic


how do you think obi feels then? he had like the 4th pick and then he came to the thread and saw that he had last pick all of a suddent because we made some system.

Ya i would be pretty pissed a jack someones role if i was obi too
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
January 20 2016 23:46 GMT
#1363
Also dandred wouldnt really hold a grudge on some null read out of spite....

would he?
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
January 20 2016 23:46 GMT
#1364
On January 20 2016 09:37 Palmar wrote:
It's in town's best favor to have as many roles we control in the game as possible


On January 21 2016 07:21 Palmar wrote:
The entire point of having ffa/check players is for them to take roles that SHOULD have been taken before them to PROVE the players before them actually took the roles they were meant to take. It's a failsafe.


On January 21 2016 07:21 Palmar wrote:
Kita's additions completely undermine my plan.


Who here thinks these three statements could possibly follow a logical sequence from a town Palmar? It's impossible.

EBWOP the second quote should be under palmar's name not mine.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
January 20 2016 23:46 GMT
#1365
Like if you're town it sucks to have your role taken away from you by someone else, and people telling you what to do and shit. But I think town is headed in a pretty good direction and I also think obi has a pretty decent chance of being town. So if you're town you're probably fighting with your own alignment here.

Please do me a favor and pick doctor here =/.
Minimal effort.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
January 20 2016 23:46 GMT
#1366
Fear mongering is exactly what you described obi, I know your intelligence is greater than that
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 20 2016 23:46 GMT
#1367
On January 21 2016 08:46 sicklucker wrote:
Also dandred wouldnt really hold a grudge on some null read out of spite....

would he?


I'm still working on my read on Damdred.
So maybe.
Retired.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
January 20 2016 23:46 GMT
#1368
super, does what I'm saying make sense to you?
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 20 2016 23:47 GMT
#1369
On January 21 2016 08:39 Damdred wrote:
I 100% am using whatever negative ability I get on obi no matter what now and the only way to stop me is to lynch me d1.

I allowed myself to be dicked around by ff because it was the date I got married on, but I won't be dicked around because I'm not able to be here when I am legit one of the stronger town players I. The game and these fear reads on me are pathetic

I gave you a pretty good role with all the information I had available.

You're a good player
You have been inactive and thus unable to establish yourself as town
you're good enough to be responsible for your actions.
You can think independently

So I figured you'd be an excellent "check" player. Understanding your own limitations to make a town impression on town leaders such as myself, you have the opportunity to "check" someone who you think is mafia, and get a MC role if that player actually picked according to my plan.

You also don't need a role to be impactful in the game, which is another good reason for you to follow my plan. If you're town, mafia is forced to shoot between a good role (someone else) and a good analyst (you).

But I guess my plan is going byebye because town is full of cowboys hurr durr.
Computer says mafia
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
January 20 2016 23:47 GMT
#1370
On January 21 2016 08:45 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2016 09:37 Palmar wrote:
It's in town's best favor to have as many roles we control in the game as possible


Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 08:40 kitaman27 wrote:
The entire point of having ffa/check players is for them to take roles that SHOULD have been taken before them to PROVE the players before them actually took the roles they were meant to take. It's a failsafe.


Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 07:21 Palmar wrote:
Kita's additions completely undermine my plan.


Who here thinks these three statements could possibly follow a logical sequence from a town Palmar? It's impossible.



it makes sense because he assigned his scumreads to be the guys who checked for roles :O. He gave the good roles to his townreads aka "town"
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 20 2016 23:47 GMT
#1371
On January 21 2016 08:46 Damdred wrote:
Fear mongering is exactly what you described obi, I know your intelligence is greater than that


Call me scum.
I dare you.
Retired.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
January 20 2016 23:47 GMT
#1372
On January 21 2016 08:46 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2016 09:37 Palmar wrote:
It's in town's best favor to have as many roles we control in the game as possible


Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 07:21 Palmar wrote:
The entire point of having ffa/check players is for them to take roles that SHOULD have been taken before them to PROVE the players before them actually took the roles they were meant to take. It's a failsafe.


Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 07:21 Palmar wrote:
Kita's additions completely undermine my plan.


Who here thinks these three statements could possibly follow a logical sequence from a town Palmar? It's impossible.

EBWOP the second quote should be under palmar's name not mine.


I think it makes sense from a town perspective to have some people check-pick near end of the list. Assuming they're not all aligned (decent assumption), it puts some pressure on mafia to pick what they're told and not pick some super scummy role.
Minimal effort.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 20 2016 23:47 GMT
#1373
On January 21 2016 08:45 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2016 09:37 Palmar wrote:
It's in town's best favor to have as many roles we control in the game as possible


Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 08:40 kitaman27 wrote:
The entire point of having ffa/check players is for them to take roles that SHOULD have been taken before them to PROVE the players before them actually took the roles they were meant to take. It's a failsafe.


Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 07:21 Palmar wrote:
Kita's additions completely undermine my plan.


Who here thinks these three statements could possibly follow a logical sequence from a town Palmar? It's impossible.

wow, going for broke are we!

exciting.

Computer says mafia
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
January 20 2016 23:48 GMT
#1374
On January 21 2016 08:46 kitaman27 wrote:
super, does what I'm saying make sense to you?


Honestly give me a second to read it all. It's been a hectic day. I haven't read your additions yet, but so far I don't think anything Palmar has been doing is scummy. I'll take a closer look at your arguments.
Minimal effort.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
January 20 2016 23:48 GMT
#1375
No I had my role in first and I got downgraded because of *low activity* fear reads and the like.

Ehich is ironic considering how obi generally plays.

Tge great rng I suppose will decide what I have and town will just have to deal
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 20 2016 23:49 GMT
#1376
On January 21 2016 08:47 Superbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 08:46 kitaman27 wrote:
On January 20 2016 09:37 Palmar wrote:
It's in town's best favor to have as many roles we control in the game as possible


On January 21 2016 07:21 Palmar wrote:
The entire point of having ffa/check players is for them to take roles that SHOULD have been taken before them to PROVE the players before them actually took the roles they were meant to take. It's a failsafe.


On January 21 2016 07:21 Palmar wrote:
Kita's additions completely undermine my plan.


Who here thinks these three statements could possibly follow a logical sequence from a town Palmar? It's impossible.

EBWOP the second quote should be under palmar's name not mine.


I think it makes sense from a town perspective to have some people check-pick near end of the list. Assuming they're not all aligned (decent assumption), it puts some pressure on mafia to pick what they're told and not pick some super scummy role.

nonono clearly I evil mastermind who created a massive plan just to take roles awayh from some random players with the side effect of probably negating all mafia roles.

such smart wow
Computer says mafia
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 20 2016 23:49 GMT
#1377
(If damdred doesn't actually switch I guess I'll pick doctor.
It sucks that I got so high up on the list and got shafted anyways but I'd rather this nonsense work out properly instead of having grudge matches across the board.)
Retired.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 20 2016 23:49 GMT
#1378
On January 21 2016 08:48 Damdred wrote:
No I had my role in first and I got downgraded because of *low activity* fear reads and the like.

Ehich is ironic considering how obi generally plays.

Tge great rng I suppose will decide what I have and town will just have to deal

thank you, I am glad I put effort into this game and this is the thanks I get
Computer says mafia
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
January 20 2016 23:50 GMT
#1379
On January 21 2016 08:47 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 08:39 Damdred wrote:
I 100% am using whatever negative ability I get on obi no matter what now and the only way to stop me is to lynch me d1.

I allowed myself to be dicked around by ff because it was the date I got married on, but I won't be dicked around because I'm not able to be here when I am legit one of the stronger town players I. The game and these fear reads on me are pathetic

I gave you a pretty good role with all the information I had available.

You're a good player
You have been inactive and thus unable to establish yourself as town
you're good enough to be responsible for your actions.
You can think independently

So I figured you'd be an excellent "check" player. Understanding your own limitations to make a town impression on town leaders such as myself, you have the opportunity to "check" someone who you think is mafia, and get a MC role if that player actually picked according to my plan.

You also don't need a role to be impactful in the game, which is another good reason for you to follow my plan. If you're town, mafia is forced to shoot between a good role (someone else) and a good analyst (you).

But I guess my plan is going byebye because town is full of cowboys hurr durr.


tbh I don't even know what your plan was
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
January 20 2016 23:50 GMT
#1380
On January 21 2016 08:46 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2016 09:37 Palmar wrote:
It's in town's best favor to have as many roles we control in the game as possible


Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 07:21 Palmar wrote:
The entire point of having ffa/check players is for them to take roles that SHOULD have been taken before them to PROVE the players before them actually took the roles they were meant to take. It's a failsafe.


Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 07:21 Palmar wrote:
Kita's additions completely undermine my plan.


Who here thinks these three statements could possibly follow a logical sequence from a town Palmar? It's impossible.

EBWOP the second quote should be under palmar's name not mine.


Hi, dumb stoner here, just gonna work this one out on paper.

Palmar: The more roles we control the better

Palmar: Some players should have freedom to pick so we can check

^^This is a disconnect in thinking and your suggestion to eliminate the ffa roles, rather than undermine his initial quote, fortifies it?
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 288 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta16
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech167
Nina 142
ViBE100
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15003
Artosis 487
PianO 20
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever339
NeuroSwarm101
canceldota100
League of Legends
Doublelift3445
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1142
minikerr12
Super Smash Bros
PPMD44
Other Games
summit1g6744
FrodaN1083
shahzam534
C9.Mang0356
RotterdaM81
Mew2King27
fpsfer 2
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 36
• RyuSc2 26
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 19
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1092
• Shiphtur598
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
15m
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.