• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:38
CEST 05:38
KST 12:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202611Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8968 users

Pick Your Power: Intriguing - Page 72

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 70 71 72 73 74 288 Next
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
January 21 2016 00:20 GMT
#1421
It appears to be that Mr. Holmes judgment has been become clouded due to increased stress during the previous days.
+ Show Spoiler +
Sherlock Holmes be cray cray!
+ Show Spoiler +
Repeating: Sherlock Holmes insane!


Should I reveal my medical notes on Professor Moriarty as, well?
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
January 21 2016 00:21 GMT
#1422
What exactly did you pick Damd?
Minimal effort.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
January 21 2016 00:23 GMT
#1423
On January 21 2016 09:20 disformation wrote:
It appears to be that Mr. Holmes judgment has been become clouded due to increased stress during the previous days.
+ Show Spoiler +
Sherlock Holmes be cray cray!
+ Show Spoiler +
Repeating: Sherlock Holmes insane!


Should I reveal my medical notes on Professor Moriarty as, well?


No real reason not to reveal it imo. But we can discuss this some more at EoD or night or whatever. Really no reason to rush this information.
Minimal effort.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
January 21 2016 00:24 GMT
#1424
On January 21 2016 09:23 Superbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 09:20 disformation wrote:
It appears to be that Mr. Holmes judgment has been become clouded due to increased stress during the previous days.
+ Show Spoiler +
Sherlock Holmes be cray cray!
+ Show Spoiler +
Repeating: Sherlock Holmes insane!


Should I reveal my medical notes on Professor Moriarty as, well?


No real reason not to reveal it imo. But we can discuss this some more at EoD or night or whatever. Really no reason to rush this information.


Alright. Will keep these notes under seal for now.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 21 2016 00:24 GMT
#1425
On January 21 2016 09:20 Damdred wrote:
Its ok someone stole doc from me to -_-


?
Retired.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
January 21 2016 00:25 GMT
#1426
I'm just joking I'm normal doctor.

Now I'll start getting reads formatively anyway
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 21 2016 00:25 GMT
#1427
Alright, so a quick recap of where I stand readswise and where we should move from here:

Scum - Glowingbear: I don't think GB would be this apathetic as town so I can only assume that he's mafia. I simply don't see him looking at this game and going "I'll just pick whatever and town will do whatever," especially considering his forceful personality. I expect more from him.

Cephiro - Moved down a notch behind glowingbear. Still seems relatively useless and irrelevant, even with his supposed cooperation earlier.

Kita - Could be scum. His constant attack of Palmar over things rather than trying to push his plan forward reeks of scum motivation - looks like scum trying to unsettle our town leader instead of trying to move us in a positive direction.

Damdred - The only reason I put Damdred on this list is because I had him as scum earlier. He probably isn't - I think his backtrack on his role choice (which was abrupt and would have infuriated anyone) was relatively townie, and his decision to move to doctor seemed very natural based on what was happening.

This is currently where I'm at scumwise.
Retired.
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
January 21 2016 00:25 GMT
#1428
Aw but I wanna know if I'm crazy
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 21 2016 00:26 GMT
#1429
On January 21 2016 09:25 Damdred wrote:
I'm just joking I'm normal doctor.

Now I'll start getting reads formatively anyway


-.-
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 21 2016 00:27 GMT
#1430
I'm aware that scum!Damdred could have theoretically swapped to doctor at the last second for whatever reason, but I see no reason to believe that anyway.
Retired.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
January 21 2016 00:29 GMT
#1431
On January 21 2016 09:25 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Damdred - The only reason I put Damdred on this list is because I had him as scum earlier. He probably isn't - I think his backtrack on his role choice (which was abrupt and would have infuriated anyone) was relatively townie, and his decision to move to doctor seemed very natural based on what was happening.
.


I mean, what would you expect him to do if he is scum? If you're already picking his role, he can either play nice and switch, or random into mysterious and be vengeful and probably get lynched for it. The smart thing to do as town OR scum would be to switch I think.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
January 21 2016 00:34 GMT
#1432
Hi guys
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 21 2016 00:34 GMT
#1433
On January 21 2016 09:29 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 09:25 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Damdred - The only reason I put Damdred on this list is because I had him as scum earlier. He probably isn't - I think his backtrack on his role choice (which was abrupt and would have infuriated anyone) was relatively townie, and his decision to move to doctor seemed very natural based on what was happening.
.


I mean, what would you expect him to do if he is scum? If you're already picking his role, he can either play nice and switch, or random into mysterious and be vengeful and probably get lynched for it. The smart thing to do as town OR scum would be to switch I think.


Let me elaborate a bit since this seems skin deep:
I think Damdred's emotions were far more telling wrt his alignment rather than what he, on the surface, did.

His demeanor changed rather dramatically when people started reigning him in and telling him why doctor was a good pick for him, which seemed townie. I don't think scum!Damdred would change his outlook like that that quickly - it seemed like a real person reacting to a situation in exactly how I would expect him to act.
Retired.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
January 21 2016 00:34 GMT
#1434
VA did you really take Hero? If so I'm shooting you during the night.
Minimal effort.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
January 21 2016 00:34 GMT
#1435
On January 21 2016 08:49 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 08:47 Superbia wrote:
On January 21 2016 08:46 kitaman27 wrote:
On January 20 2016 09:37 Palmar wrote:
It's in town's best favor to have as many roles we control in the game as possible


On January 21 2016 07:21 Palmar wrote:
The entire point of having ffa/check players is for them to take roles that SHOULD have been taken before them to PROVE the players before them actually took the roles they were meant to take. It's a failsafe.


On January 21 2016 07:21 Palmar wrote:
Kita's additions completely undermine my plan.


Who here thinks these three statements could possibly follow a logical sequence from a town Palmar? It's impossible.

EBWOP the second quote should be under palmar's name not mine.


I think it makes sense from a town perspective to have some people check-pick near end of the list. Assuming they're not all aligned (decent assumption), it puts some pressure on mafia to pick what they're told and not pick some super scummy role.

nonono clearly I evil mastermind who created a massive plan just to take roles awayh from some random players with the side effect of probably negating all mafia roles.

such smart wow


Fine, lets be civil. Here are your top ten suggested picks, including the two honesty checks at 8 and 10.

Keirathi: Gambler
Superbia: CPR Doc
OWS: House
Rels: Reynolds
Palmar: Arrow
geript: Link
Breshke: Holmes
Koshi: FFA
Cephiro: Dreamflower
Kita: FFA

Explain to me why my plan undermines yours by removing the FFA pick from Koshi and myself.

The Gambler is a verifiable role based on the vote count at the end of the cycle.
Mafia is not giving up the CPR Doc.
House is really the only role out of the top 10 that I can see dropping out to sneak another, but he still has to lie each cycle about his results which doesn't make it worth taking something else.
Reynolds is really useful for mafia. I can't see them passing on that.
I'm guessing you don't need a honest check to tell us whether you picked arrow.
Link has to provide a watcher result on day one and roleblock the entire game on night two so it's not like you can lie about that.
Holmes results are returned to the other detectives so we'd know if he didn't take him.
Dreamflower needs to shoot mafia to have an excuse for being alive.

Could you point out the mafia strategy that I'm overlooking here that makes your plan suddenly useless? All the roles are either verifiable or strong enough that mafia would keep them anyways. Why do we need honesty checks in place of things like a parity check, tracker, or protect?
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-21 00:35:19
January 21 2016 00:34 GMT
#1436
Vote Count - Day 1


GlowingBear (1): ObiWanShinobi
kitaman27 (1): Palmar

Not Voting (20): disformation, kitaman27, Rels, Onegu, Keirathi, GlowingBear, Damdred, Tictock, Breshke, ALotSoMuch, Superbia, Koshi, VayneAuthority, The Shining, Fecalfeast, sicklucker, Cephiro, geript, Vivax, Copcake

At this time, no one is slated to be lynched.
With 22 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.


Day 1 ends in on 00:00 GMT (+00:00).

The voting thread is here.
Only votes there will be counted.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
January 21 2016 00:34 GMT
#1437
Also if you did not get your role or whatever, claim.

???marks should claim what they picked. SL gets a pass.
Minimal effort.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
January 21 2016 00:35 GMT
#1438
Dreamflower scummiest pick EU/NA/KR combined. o/

Yes, I got it. Which means I don't have to listen to anyone that I feel is trying to be detrimental to my decisionmaking.

I will stick with the Palmar-liability thing, if he shotcalls targets for me and is ready to be lynched / shot if he's wrong, I'm perfectly fine with that.

kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
January 21 2016 00:35 GMT
#1439
On January 21 2016 09:25 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Kita - Could be scum. His constant attack of Palmar over things rather than trying to push his plan forward reeks of scum motivation - looks like scum trying to unsettle our town leader instead of trying to move us in a positive direction.


Umm after Palmar posted his plan, I explained why I thought it could work and what I would suggest to make it better. It was only until later when Palmar made his nonsense response that I started going after it. Your narrative really doesn't fit here.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 21 2016 00:36 GMT
#1440
So Damdred is off my list for the moment.
I'm also relatively confident in my kita read so that's also something for all of us to consider.
Retired.
Prev 1 70 71 72 73 74 288 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta36
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 195
ProTech131
FoxeR 41
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2437
Shuttle 1287
Dewaltoss 85
NaDa 24
Noble 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm206
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 543
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox636
Other Games
summit1g8178
WinterStarcraft433
C9.Mang0289
ViBE137
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 21
• practicex 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo673
• Stunt217
Other Games
• Shiphtur412
Upcoming Events
OSC
19h 22m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 6h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.