• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:14
CEST 12:14
KST 19:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11778 users

[T][M] Resistance V - Section 31 - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 12 Next All
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 04 2015 21:24 GMT
#1082
I'm on mobile right now, gonna look into rels a bit more. Feel free to ask q's if you have any.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 04 2015 21:31 GMT
#1085
On November 05 2015 03:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Season of the Witch II
Battle of Drams

Oh jesus rels is involved in everything as mafia too x_x
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 04 2015 21:44 GMT
#1087
Need to re-eval rels more when I actually have a pc and can compare filters. Moving him back to null/fear read though.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 05 2015 17:15 GMT
#1288
On November 05 2015 22:29 Half the Sky wrote:
On the topic of Artanis, I know he said he'd free up more Thursday so I look forward to reading more from him. Can't recall if he has capoeira today though, IRL he has been on a tear with that.

Which means if he drops by in the UK, his first objective will be to dropkick me. Damn it.

Nope, I'm gonna mostly have time for the next four hours. I may drop by to dropkick you anyway though

On November 05 2015 07:23 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2015 06:31 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On November 05 2015 03:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Season of the Witch II
Battle of Drams

Oh jesus rels is involved in everything as mafia too x_x

How do you know I'm involved in everything as town as well ? I'm pretty sure we never played together ??

Two things:
A) I assume most people have far more involved town games than scumgames. My townread on you came from the fact that you seem very active and involved in almost every discussion. That's generally enough to townread most players.
B) I have seen you play town before, though I haven't played with you. I'm not sure which game I was observing anymore but I have done so.
Also C) I never called you scum. I said you're back to null because what I thought made you town is apparently not alignment indicative.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 05 2015 17:17 GMT
#1289
Rels, why did you flip your Rayn read based on things that had already happened before you townread him initially? What made you think about him again? Your argument's revolved around things he should know, but no part of your argument was new to when you said he was definitely town.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 05 2015 17:18 GMT
#1290
Like you went from calling him basically confirmed town to very suspicious in 3 hours without anything seemingly triggering you.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 05 2015 17:20 GMT
#1291
On November 05 2015 12:10 ShoCkeyy wrote:
You guys/girls are all bad at this game. It's so obvious I'm not scum by looking like scum.

This is not a very strong argument.

Also, what are your reads at? You seem to be suspicious of Rayn and Xata but you haven't really been explicit in it. I don't really understand what you're trying to do currently.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 05 2015 17:23 GMT
#1292
I'm not sure how this
On November 05 2015 08:28 Half the Sky wrote:
Meh....nvm, Artanis corrected him. Was going to say....

eh....no change on my reads on Artanis. Reading pages 3-4 of his filter and not really finding any mafia motivation in his posts. Reading his queries (993/998) on Superbia and probably will read Superbia a bit closely now...

Lines up with this:
On November 05 2015 09:03 Half the Sky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2015 08:56 kitaman27 wrote:
On November 05 2015 08:41 Half the Sky wrote:
Aiming for until 12:30am or so... (another 45m) so if anyone wants to talk, please do.


You don't need give details or anything, but where would you everyone one through nine in terms of trustworthiness?


With nine being most trustworthy

kitaman27 6
ShoCkeyy 2 at most
Rels - um, zero?
Artanis[Xp] 7-8
Xatalos 7
Superbia 6
raynpelikoneet - 8-9
sicklucker 5 at most (although I'm atm trying to evaluate him on what he does have...)

I am aware that Rels, you, Superbia have pretty damned capable scum games so there is some caution with some of the ratings.

When before, your read on me was this:
On November 04 2015 21:57 Half the Sky wrote:
Alright that's not a fear read (a fear read to me is a non-read on a player who outplayed as Mafia or a refusal to read someone who is difficult to read in general), which is why I misunderstood, but that last post I see what you mean. You're obviously posting so that's out the window, so the current null read can change depending on what I see.

And you never expanded on the change of your read on me. What made you confident I was town and why?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 05 2015 18:44 GMT
#1296
On November 06 2015 03:28 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2015 02:18 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Like you went from calling him basically confirmed town to very suspicious in 3 hours without anything seemingly triggering you.


Maybe a justification to vote no or something...? Kind of hard to follow his reads when they jump around so fast... Especially without any events in the thread causing the changes really :/

Quite wary about including him in a team at this point, I guess.

He's already voiced suspicion on SL though, I don't think that'd be necessary. It's weird.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 05 2015 21:34 GMT
#1303
On November 06 2015 06:22 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2015 02:15 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On November 05 2015 22:29 Half the Sky wrote:
On the topic of Artanis, I know he said he'd free up more Thursday so I look forward to reading more from him. Can't recall if he has capoeira today though, IRL he has been on a tear with that.

Which means if he drops by in the UK, his first objective will be to dropkick me. Damn it.

Nope, I'm gonna mostly have time for the next four hours. I may drop by to dropkick you anyway though

On November 05 2015 07:23 Rels wrote:
On November 05 2015 06:31 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On November 05 2015 03:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Season of the Witch II
Battle of Drams

Oh jesus rels is involved in everything as mafia too x_x

How do you know I'm involved in everything as town as well ? I'm pretty sure we never played together ??

Two things:
A) I assume most people have far more involved town games than scumgames. My townread on you came from the fact that you seem very active and involved in almost every discussion. That's generally enough to townread most players.
B) I have seen you play town before, though I haven't played with you. I'm not sure which game I was observing anymore but I have done so.
Also C) I never called you scum. I said you're back to null because what I thought made you town is apparently not alignment indicative.

OK that makes sense. Security check: can you link me to the game in question ? All my games are in my profile so that should take you like 5 seconds.
Im also pretty sure you said you would be reading my filter and evaluating me. Will you do it, or are you pulling a Hts ?

Student Mafia XVI. I was a coach there too.

I did kinda evaluate you, though not as thoroughly yet as I need to. I also want to know why you suddenly decided to re-eval Rayn.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 05 2015 21:35 GMT
#1304
On November 06 2015 06:28 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2015 02:17 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Rels, why did you flip your Rayn read based on things that had already happened before you townread him initially? What made you think about him again? Your argument's revolved around things he should know, but no part of your argument was new to when you said he was definitely town.

I'm on phone so no quote: read my big post. The first line is something like "I thought he was confirmed because he made a very similar post about noobking in newbie XIII". But actually its super suspicious that he uses this game to prove that my case are boring, when my play D1 this game was boring. Now he defends himself saying "But its not THIS kind of boring!", when he clearly said in example of me being town " look how he's always looking for something new on noobking".
I get that this is not very clear without quote; read my big post and the reactions after it to understand.

Yeah but what made you think about this? He hadn't said anything new since your last post.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 06 2015 09:29 GMT
#1373
I'm kind of around but at work. Not much to say until we find out if the mission passes or not honestly. If it does, I'm obviously nominating myself with the other three. Don't want to say too much about it before the pass/fail happens to not give any clues to any spy whether they should sabotage or not.

@Rels/HtS your explanations were satisfactory, though I'd still like to hear from HtS what exactly changed her mind on me when she's on a pc.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 06 2015 09:53 GMT
#1377
On November 06 2015 18:13 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2015 08:00 Tictock wrote:
Day 1
Xatalos Nomination (Xatalos, rayn, sicklucker)

Vote Result

Half the Sky - YES
Xatalos - YES
Artanis[Xp] - YES
raynpelikoneet - YES
ShoCkeyy - NO
Rels - NO
sicklucker - YES
kitaman27 - NO
Superbia - NO

MISSION IS APPROVED

Xatalos, raynpelikoneet, and sicklucker will be embarking on Mission 1
Mission will be completed in at 23:00 GMT (+00:00) on 6 November 2015.

Suuuuper interesting! With such a close vote, we'll have a lot of infos depending on how the team does. Let's see.

If the team pass there are two solutions:
- it's a clean team; then there have to be 2 mafias in Shockey / kita / Superbia. Maybe 3, but it's possible one mafia went for the towncred instead if he thought the team would pass even if he voted no; since in this case, he's not on the team, it would be HTS or Arta. Given how HTS posted about her opinions on the vote, I don't see her voting "yes" in that situation when she had the perfect opportunity to vote "no" to a clean team. So if one mafia voted "yes" to a clean team, it would be Arta.
- there is 1 (or more) scum in the team but he didn't make the mission failed: unlikely. The goal of the game is to win three missions for both team; exchanging town cred for 1 failure out of 3 doesn't seem to be worth it. It that happens, I think it makes Artanis town, since the plan would be to make Arta pick the same team + himself, fail the mission, and put the blame on him.
So if the team passes the mission, then fails the next with SL / rayn / Xata / Arta, it probably means Arta's alignment will be determinent to solving the game; it's either Arta being mafia going for the towncred; or Arta being town on which mafia are trying to put the blame. Figuring this out in this case will be crucial.
If the team passes the mission, then passes the next with SL / rayn / Xata / Arta, there are all town and the game is won. That would be cool. (=

If the team fails:
There is one confirmed mafia in Xata / rayn / SL, maybe 2.
There has to be at least 2 mafias in Xata / rayn / SL / HTS / Arta, probably 3 since, as said above, the towncred lost by voting a failure team is more than compensated by the 1 win out of 3 needed. That doesn't apply if one scum thought the team would pass even if he voted "no" though.

That's where I'm at. Not going further until tomorrow.

So, uh, what conclusions have you actually drawn from this? You won't find out if it's a clean team or not even if it passes. It seems your entire post is speculation without any substance, other than it being "unlikely" that they'd pass a mission with a mafia in it only to follow it up with the fact that it is possible, therefore not really being a conclusion at all.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 06 2015 10:03 GMT
#1380
On November 06 2015 19:01 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2015 18:53 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On November 06 2015 18:13 Rels wrote:
On November 06 2015 08:00 Tictock wrote:
Day 1
Xatalos Nomination (Xatalos, rayn, sicklucker)

Vote Result

Half the Sky - YES
Xatalos - YES
Artanis[Xp] - YES
raynpelikoneet - YES
ShoCkeyy - NO
Rels - NO
sicklucker - YES
kitaman27 - NO
Superbia - NO

MISSION IS APPROVED

Xatalos, raynpelikoneet, and sicklucker will be embarking on Mission 1
Mission will be completed in at 23:00 GMT (+00:00) on 6 November 2015.

Suuuuper interesting! With such a close vote, we'll have a lot of infos depending on how the team does. Let's see.

If the team pass there are two solutions:
- it's a clean team; then there have to be 2 mafias in Shockey / kita / Superbia. Maybe 3, but it's possible one mafia went for the towncred instead if he thought the team would pass even if he voted no; since in this case, he's not on the team, it would be HTS or Arta. Given how HTS posted about her opinions on the vote, I don't see her voting "yes" in that situation when she had the perfect opportunity to vote "no" to a clean team. So if one mafia voted "yes" to a clean team, it would be Arta.
- there is 1 (or more) scum in the team but he didn't make the mission failed: unlikely. The goal of the game is to win three missions for both team; exchanging town cred for 1 failure out of 3 doesn't seem to be worth it. It that happens, I think it makes Artanis town, since the plan would be to make Arta pick the same team + himself, fail the mission, and put the blame on him.
So if the team passes the mission, then fails the next with SL / rayn / Xata / Arta, it probably means Arta's alignment will be determinent to solving the game; it's either Arta being mafia going for the towncred; or Arta being town on which mafia are trying to put the blame. Figuring this out in this case will be crucial.
If the team passes the mission, then passes the next with SL / rayn / Xata / Arta, there are all town and the game is won. That would be cool. (=

If the team fails:
There is one confirmed mafia in Xata / rayn / SL, maybe 2.
There has to be at least 2 mafias in Xata / rayn / SL / HTS / Arta, probably 3 since, as said above, the towncred lost by voting a failure team is more than compensated by the 1 win out of 3 needed. That doesn't apply if one scum thought the team would pass even if he voted "no" though.

That's where I'm at. Not going further until tomorrow.

So, uh, what conclusions have you actually drawn from this? You won't find out if it's a clean team or not even if it passes. It seems your entire post is speculation without any substance, other than it being "unlikely" that they'd pass a mission with a mafia in it only to follow it up with the fact that it is possible, therefore not really being a conclusion at all.

Why do you expect a conclusion when we don't know what will happen ? I will do a proper vote analysis when we know the result. What I'm thinking above is independant from my reads, so it will be interesting to match vote analysis with reads.

Because I just don't understand the point of the post you made.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 06 2015 10:12 GMT
#1382
On November 06 2015 19:08 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2015 19:03 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On November 06 2015 19:01 Rels wrote:
On November 06 2015 18:53 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On November 06 2015 18:13 Rels wrote:
On November 06 2015 08:00 Tictock wrote:
Day 1
Xatalos Nomination (Xatalos, rayn, sicklucker)

Vote Result

Half the Sky - YES
Xatalos - YES
Artanis[Xp] - YES
raynpelikoneet - YES
ShoCkeyy - NO
Rels - NO
sicklucker - YES
kitaman27 - NO
Superbia - NO

MISSION IS APPROVED

Xatalos, raynpelikoneet, and sicklucker will be embarking on Mission 1
Mission will be completed in at 23:00 GMT (+00:00) on 6 November 2015.

Suuuuper interesting! With such a close vote, we'll have a lot of infos depending on how the team does. Let's see.

If the team pass there are two solutions:
- it's a clean team; then there have to be 2 mafias in Shockey / kita / Superbia. Maybe 3, but it's possible one mafia went for the towncred instead if he thought the team would pass even if he voted no; since in this case, he's not on the team, it would be HTS or Arta. Given how HTS posted about her opinions on the vote, I don't see her voting "yes" in that situation when she had the perfect opportunity to vote "no" to a clean team. So if one mafia voted "yes" to a clean team, it would be Arta.
- there is 1 (or more) scum in the team but he didn't make the mission failed: unlikely. The goal of the game is to win three missions for both team; exchanging town cred for 1 failure out of 3 doesn't seem to be worth it. It that happens, I think it makes Artanis town, since the plan would be to make Arta pick the same team + himself, fail the mission, and put the blame on him.
So if the team passes the mission, then fails the next with SL / rayn / Xata / Arta, it probably means Arta's alignment will be determinent to solving the game; it's either Arta being mafia going for the towncred; or Arta being town on which mafia are trying to put the blame. Figuring this out in this case will be crucial.
If the team passes the mission, then passes the next with SL / rayn / Xata / Arta, there are all town and the game is won. That would be cool. (=

If the team fails:
There is one confirmed mafia in Xata / rayn / SL, maybe 2.
There has to be at least 2 mafias in Xata / rayn / SL / HTS / Arta, probably 3 since, as said above, the towncred lost by voting a failure team is more than compensated by the 1 win out of 3 needed. That doesn't apply if one scum thought the team would pass even if he voted "no" though.

That's where I'm at. Not going further until tomorrow.

So, uh, what conclusions have you actually drawn from this? You won't find out if it's a clean team or not even if it passes. It seems your entire post is speculation without any substance, other than it being "unlikely" that they'd pass a mission with a mafia in it only to follow it up with the fact that it is possible, therefore not really being a conclusion at all.

Why do you expect a conclusion when we don't know what will happen ? I will do a proper vote analysis when we know the result. What I'm thinking above is independant from my reads, so it will be interesting to match vote analysis with reads.

Because I just don't understand the point of the post you made.

Thinking about the different possible scenarios that could happen from that vote pattern, regardless of what I think of the players myself, so it's easier to understand what's going on when we get the result.

I just don't really get why you're going into scenario's where you'll never be able to discern which is which though. Like I said;
being "unlikely" that they'd pass a mission with a mafia in it only to follow it up with the fact that it is possible

You list the possible scenarios, but I'm pretty sure everyone's already figured that if the 3-person mission passes and the 4-person mission fails, it is in fact possible for one of the people in the 3-person mission to still be a spy.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 06 2015 10:20 GMT
#1384
On November 06 2015 19:15 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2015 19:12 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On November 06 2015 19:08 Rels wrote:
On November 06 2015 19:03 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On November 06 2015 19:01 Rels wrote:
On November 06 2015 18:53 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On November 06 2015 18:13 Rels wrote:
On November 06 2015 08:00 Tictock wrote:
Day 1
Xatalos Nomination (Xatalos, rayn, sicklucker)

Vote Result

Half the Sky - YES
Xatalos - YES
Artanis[Xp] - YES
raynpelikoneet - YES
ShoCkeyy - NO
Rels - NO
sicklucker - YES
kitaman27 - NO
Superbia - NO

MISSION IS APPROVED

Xatalos, raynpelikoneet, and sicklucker will be embarking on Mission 1
Mission will be completed in at 23:00 GMT (+00:00) on 6 November 2015.

Suuuuper interesting! With such a close vote, we'll have a lot of infos depending on how the team does. Let's see.

If the team pass there are two solutions:
- it's a clean team; then there have to be 2 mafias in Shockey / kita / Superbia. Maybe 3, but it's possible one mafia went for the towncred instead if he thought the team would pass even if he voted no; since in this case, he's not on the team, it would be HTS or Arta. Given how HTS posted about her opinions on the vote, I don't see her voting "yes" in that situation when she had the perfect opportunity to vote "no" to a clean team. So if one mafia voted "yes" to a clean team, it would be Arta.
- there is 1 (or more) scum in the team but he didn't make the mission failed: unlikely. The goal of the game is to win three missions for both team; exchanging town cred for 1 failure out of 3 doesn't seem to be worth it. It that happens, I think it makes Artanis town, since the plan would be to make Arta pick the same team + himself, fail the mission, and put the blame on him.
So if the team passes the mission, then fails the next with SL / rayn / Xata / Arta, it probably means Arta's alignment will be determinent to solving the game; it's either Arta being mafia going for the towncred; or Arta being town on which mafia are trying to put the blame. Figuring this out in this case will be crucial.
If the team passes the mission, then passes the next with SL / rayn / Xata / Arta, there are all town and the game is won. That would be cool. (=

If the team fails:
There is one confirmed mafia in Xata / rayn / SL, maybe 2.
There has to be at least 2 mafias in Xata / rayn / SL / HTS / Arta, probably 3 since, as said above, the towncred lost by voting a failure team is more than compensated by the 1 win out of 3 needed. That doesn't apply if one scum thought the team would pass even if he voted "no" though.

That's where I'm at. Not going further until tomorrow.

So, uh, what conclusions have you actually drawn from this? You won't find out if it's a clean team or not even if it passes. It seems your entire post is speculation without any substance, other than it being "unlikely" that they'd pass a mission with a mafia in it only to follow it up with the fact that it is possible, therefore not really being a conclusion at all.

Why do you expect a conclusion when we don't know what will happen ? I will do a proper vote analysis when we know the result. What I'm thinking above is independant from my reads, so it will be interesting to match vote analysis with reads.

Because I just don't understand the point of the post you made.

Thinking about the different possible scenarios that could happen from that vote pattern, regardless of what I think of the players myself, so it's easier to understand what's going on when we get the result.

I just don't really get why you're going into scenario's where you'll never be able to discern which is which though. Like I said;
being "unlikely" that they'd pass a mission with a mafia in it only to follow it up with the fact that it is possible

You list the possible scenarios, but I'm pretty sure everyone's already figured that if the 3-person mission passes and the 4-person mission fails, it is in fact possible for one of the people in the 3-person mission to still be a spy.

Cause I want it to be clear in my head. And that worked; I discovered that if success-then-fail happened, determining your alignment via behaviour will solve a big part of the game.

Well yes, determining the alignment of the 4th player when there's a 3-success then 4-fail is probably important. It just seems like you went for a pretty.. roundabout way of approaching it?

Eh, whatever, it's not that important I guess. I kinda wanna hear more from you about Rayn and SL, but I think it's best to wait for the results first.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 06 2015 10:22 GMT
#1387
On November 06 2015 19:20 Rels wrote:
Arta, what is your read on HTS now that she has answered your questions ?

Still mildly leaning scum.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 06 2015 10:29 GMT
#1389
On November 06 2015 19:25 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2015 19:20 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On November 06 2015 19:15 Rels wrote:
On November 06 2015 19:12 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On November 06 2015 19:08 Rels wrote:
On November 06 2015 19:03 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On November 06 2015 19:01 Rels wrote:
On November 06 2015 18:53 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On November 06 2015 18:13 Rels wrote:
On November 06 2015 08:00 Tictock wrote:
Day 1
Xatalos Nomination (Xatalos, rayn, sicklucker)

Vote Result

Half the Sky - YES
Xatalos - YES
Artanis[Xp] - YES
raynpelikoneet - YES
ShoCkeyy - NO
Rels - NO
sicklucker - YES
kitaman27 - NO
Superbia - NO

MISSION IS APPROVED

Xatalos, raynpelikoneet, and sicklucker will be embarking on Mission 1
Mission will be completed in at 23:00 GMT (+00:00) on 6 November 2015.

Suuuuper interesting! With such a close vote, we'll have a lot of infos depending on how the team does. Let's see.

If the team pass there are two solutions:
- it's a clean team; then there have to be 2 mafias in Shockey / kita / Superbia. Maybe 3, but it's possible one mafia went for the towncred instead if he thought the team would pass even if he voted no; since in this case, he's not on the team, it would be HTS or Arta. Given how HTS posted about her opinions on the vote, I don't see her voting "yes" in that situation when she had the perfect opportunity to vote "no" to a clean team. So if one mafia voted "yes" to a clean team, it would be Arta.
- there is 1 (or more) scum in the team but he didn't make the mission failed: unlikely. The goal of the game is to win three missions for both team; exchanging town cred for 1 failure out of 3 doesn't seem to be worth it. It that happens, I think it makes Artanis town, since the plan would be to make Arta pick the same team + himself, fail the mission, and put the blame on him.
So if the team passes the mission, then fails the next with SL / rayn / Xata / Arta, it probably means Arta's alignment will be determinent to solving the game; it's either Arta being mafia going for the towncred; or Arta being town on which mafia are trying to put the blame. Figuring this out in this case will be crucial.
If the team passes the mission, then passes the next with SL / rayn / Xata / Arta, there are all town and the game is won. That would be cool. (=

If the team fails:
There is one confirmed mafia in Xata / rayn / SL, maybe 2.
There has to be at least 2 mafias in Xata / rayn / SL / HTS / Arta, probably 3 since, as said above, the towncred lost by voting a failure team is more than compensated by the 1 win out of 3 needed. That doesn't apply if one scum thought the team would pass even if he voted "no" though.

That's where I'm at. Not going further until tomorrow.

So, uh, what conclusions have you actually drawn from this? You won't find out if it's a clean team or not even if it passes. It seems your entire post is speculation without any substance, other than it being "unlikely" that they'd pass a mission with a mafia in it only to follow it up with the fact that it is possible, therefore not really being a conclusion at all.

Why do you expect a conclusion when we don't know what will happen ? I will do a proper vote analysis when we know the result. What I'm thinking above is independant from my reads, so it will be interesting to match vote analysis with reads.

Because I just don't understand the point of the post you made.

Thinking about the different possible scenarios that could happen from that vote pattern, regardless of what I think of the players myself, so it's easier to understand what's going on when we get the result.

I just don't really get why you're going into scenario's where you'll never be able to discern which is which though. Like I said;
being "unlikely" that they'd pass a mission with a mafia in it only to follow it up with the fact that it is possible

You list the possible scenarios, but I'm pretty sure everyone's already figured that if the 3-person mission passes and the 4-person mission fails, it is in fact possible for one of the people in the 3-person mission to still be a spy.

Cause I want it to be clear in my head. And that worked; I discovered that if success-then-fail happened, determining your alignment via behaviour will solve a big part of the game.

Well yes, determining the alignment of the 4th player when there's a 3-success then 4-fail is probably important. It just seems like you went for a pretty.. roundabout way of approaching it?

Eh, whatever, it's not that important I guess. I kinda wanna hear more from you about Rayn and SL, but I think it's best to wait for the results first.

LOL OK said like that it's sound super dumb. (= It has something else to do with voting though: if the team is clean, the scum team is probably shockey / Superbia / kita. If one of them is wrong, you have to be the last scum, since the team is clean and HTS could have voted "no" super easily with what she was saying just before deadline.

How are you ever going to determine if the team is clean though? This is what I didn't get from your analysis.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 06 2015 10:45 GMT
#1393
On November 06 2015 19:42 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2015 19:29 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On November 06 2015 19:25 Rels wrote:
On November 06 2015 19:20 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On November 06 2015 19:15 Rels wrote:
On November 06 2015 19:12 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On November 06 2015 19:08 Rels wrote:
On November 06 2015 19:03 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On November 06 2015 19:01 Rels wrote:
On November 06 2015 18:53 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
[quote]
So, uh, what conclusions have you actually drawn from this? You won't find out if it's a clean team or not even if it passes. It seems your entire post is speculation without any substance, other than it being "unlikely" that they'd pass a mission with a mafia in it only to follow it up with the fact that it is possible, therefore not really being a conclusion at all.

Why do you expect a conclusion when we don't know what will happen ? I will do a proper vote analysis when we know the result. What I'm thinking above is independant from my reads, so it will be interesting to match vote analysis with reads.

Because I just don't understand the point of the post you made.

Thinking about the different possible scenarios that could happen from that vote pattern, regardless of what I think of the players myself, so it's easier to understand what's going on when we get the result.

I just don't really get why you're going into scenario's where you'll never be able to discern which is which though. Like I said;
being "unlikely" that they'd pass a mission with a mafia in it only to follow it up with the fact that it is possible

You list the possible scenarios, but I'm pretty sure everyone's already figured that if the 3-person mission passes and the 4-person mission fails, it is in fact possible for one of the people in the 3-person mission to still be a spy.

Cause I want it to be clear in my head. And that worked; I discovered that if success-then-fail happened, determining your alignment via behaviour will solve a big part of the game.

Well yes, determining the alignment of the 4th player when there's a 3-success then 4-fail is probably important. It just seems like you went for a pretty.. roundabout way of approaching it?

Eh, whatever, it's not that important I guess. I kinda wanna hear more from you about Rayn and SL, but I think it's best to wait for the results first.

LOL OK said like that it's sound super dumb. (= It has something else to do with voting though: if the team is clean, the scum team is probably shockey / Superbia / kita. If one of them is wrong, you have to be the last scum, since the team is clean and HTS could have voted "no" super easily with what she was saying just before deadline.

How are you ever going to determine if the team is clean though? This is what I didn't get from your analysis.

Well, by playing the game. There is no way to know for sure: we'll have to use behaviour analysis, vote analysis, etc. I like having all the different scenarios in my head, so I can see which one is more likely; like if I cross this analysis with my reads, I'm pretty sure the team is not clean, 'cause that would either mean that kita / shockey / Superbia are the scums or that you are scum and voted for a clean team.

So, your analysis decided that if a 3-player team passes and a 4-player team fails, we need behaviour and vote analysis to determine whether the 4th player is scum or town, and thus decide whether the 3-player team is clean or not.

I think you may be on to something here.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 06 2015 12:11 GMT
#1396
On November 06 2015 20:56 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2015 19:45 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On November 06 2015 19:42 Rels wrote:
On November 06 2015 19:29 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On November 06 2015 19:25 Rels wrote:
On November 06 2015 19:20 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On November 06 2015 19:15 Rels wrote:
On November 06 2015 19:12 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On November 06 2015 19:08 Rels wrote:
On November 06 2015 19:03 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
[quote]
Because I just don't understand the point of the post you made.

Thinking about the different possible scenarios that could happen from that vote pattern, regardless of what I think of the players myself, so it's easier to understand what's going on when we get the result.

I just don't really get why you're going into scenario's where you'll never be able to discern which is which though. Like I said;
being "unlikely" that they'd pass a mission with a mafia in it only to follow it up with the fact that it is possible

You list the possible scenarios, but I'm pretty sure everyone's already figured that if the 3-person mission passes and the 4-person mission fails, it is in fact possible for one of the people in the 3-person mission to still be a spy.

Cause I want it to be clear in my head. And that worked; I discovered that if success-then-fail happened, determining your alignment via behaviour will solve a big part of the game.

Well yes, determining the alignment of the 4th player when there's a 3-success then 4-fail is probably important. It just seems like you went for a pretty.. roundabout way of approaching it?

Eh, whatever, it's not that important I guess. I kinda wanna hear more from you about Rayn and SL, but I think it's best to wait for the results first.

LOL OK said like that it's sound super dumb. (= It has something else to do with voting though: if the team is clean, the scum team is probably shockey / Superbia / kita. If one of them is wrong, you have to be the last scum, since the team is clean and HTS could have voted "no" super easily with what she was saying just before deadline.

How are you ever going to determine if the team is clean though? This is what I didn't get from your analysis.

Well, by playing the game. There is no way to know for sure: we'll have to use behaviour analysis, vote analysis, etc. I like having all the different scenarios in my head, so I can see which one is more likely; like if I cross this analysis with my reads, I'm pretty sure the team is not clean, 'cause that would either mean that kita / shockey / Superbia are the scums or that you are scum and voted for a clean team.

So, your analysis decided that if a 3-player team passes and a 4-player team fails, we need behaviour and vote analysis to determine whether the 4th player is scum or town, and thus decide whether the 3-player team is clean or not.

I think you may be on to something here.

You're a little shit =D

[image loading]
Thanks for playing!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings51
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 8327
Hyuk 631
FanTaSy 566
Horang2 530
BeSt 481
Stork 177
Pusan 111
sorry 105
Shinee 95
Killer 74
[ Show more ]
Zeus 72
Mind 69
Hyun 69
ggaemo 48
Bonyth 44
Snow 42
Bale 39
Last 36
PianO 32
Hm[arnc] 30
JYJ 22
ToSsGirL 21
Sacsri 15
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe119
League of Legends
JimRising 448
Counter-Strike
byalli331
x6flipin82
Other Games
gofns32361
singsing2212
Mew2King76
ArmadaUGS63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick685
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream139
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 66
• Adnapsc2 18
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2284
League of Legends
• Lourlo1230
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
1h 46m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4h 46m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 46m
Replay Cast
12h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 46m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.