• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:15
CEST 16:15
KST 23:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8596 users

[M][N] Mini Mafia: The (kinda) Vanilla Experience - Page 44

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 196 Next
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 23 2015 14:31 GMT
#861
1. marvellosity
2. Vivax
8. Xatalos
13. yamato77

3. Blazinghand
4. gumshoe
6. Hopeless1der
7. raynpelikoneet

9. Onegu
12. ritoky

5. GlowingBear
10. Chromatically
11. Alakaslam

groups are in no particular order (e.g. rayn would be higher)
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 14:31 GMT
#862
On October 23 2015 23:24 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 23:20 Xatalos wrote:
On October 23 2015 23:08 marvellosity wrote:
my reasoning was that you're a bit of a pussy as mafia and it would be much easier for you just to townread me when if you are mafia you know there is a 0% chance of me ever getting lynched.

the fact you pushed me before under similar circumstances weakens that as a heuristic though

although i doubt you'd make the same mistake twice


Btw can you really say I'm a pussy as scum after that game where I and Artanis bussed each other all game? That was fun.

yes, bussing each other is pussy way out because it means you don't have the balls to tunnel a townie

gonna have to try meta Chrome at some point. My evening cleared up (i was gonna be afk all weekend and spring that on you guys when i finished work, but my plans fell through)
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2015 13:59 Chromatically wrote:
Alright yamato is off the lynch list for me. I have a hard time seeing him faking anger about getting scumread by people for this and I don't think he's just making up his reasoning there as mafia. Both of those last posts feel really town to me.

Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 00:26 Chromatically wrote:
I don't really see why GB is mafia for that read rather than it just being a bad read.

Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 02:47 Chromatically wrote:
On October 23 2015 02:41 marvellosity wrote:
pretty hard to shake my townfeels on rayn when he comes into the thread saying he has 2 townreads and no mafiareads when at that point i had 2 townreads and no mafiareads and the 2 townreads were the same as mine.

I like this post a lot, I get a strong town feeling from this.

I don't like any of these posts much. I don't think the anger thing is a good reason to townread yamato. I made an unexplained punt vote on GB and it reads as a bit of a weird defence. I'm also not sure that Chrome should be getting strong townfeels from the post i made rather than others/the whole body of play.

Also have this nagging feeling where Chrome described ritoky as picking up on "textbook mafia tells" and he's essentially doing the exact same thing with Xatalos. I don't like it. I understand picking up on Xata's read progression on rayn, I think it's possibly reasonable to be suspicious of that, but the rest of it I don't think I like much.


Well yeah I guess it's a bit odd... He basically suspected ritoky for making a reasonably similar case as his own latest case.... I mean the way of taking general scum traits (keeping options open etc.) then just finding some post where it could be applied and base the case on that.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
October 23 2015 14:34 GMT
#863
On October 23 2015 23:31 marvellosity wrote:
1. marvellosity
2. Vivax
8. Xatalos
13. yamato77

3. Blazinghand
4. gumshoe
6. Hopeless1der
7. raynpelikoneet

9. Onegu
12. ritoky

5. GlowingBear
10. Chromatically
11. Alakaslam

groups are in no particular order (e.g. rayn would be higher)


Could you explain the scum read on me other than my read on Vivax?

Also, how come hopeless and onegu looks better than chrom?
I'm adorable.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 23 2015 14:35 GMT
#864
literally just explained my feelings about Chrome, GB.

other than your read on Vivax i can't really think of anything that would make you town. so all that's left is a bad read on vivax.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
October 23 2015 14:36 GMT
#865
Day 1 Vote Count


Vivax (3): gumshoe, GlowingBear, Onegu
GlowingBear (3): marvellosity, yamato77, Vivax, raynpelikoneet
raynpelikoneet (3): Blazinghand, Xatalos, Vivax, Hopeless1der, Xatalos, Alakaslam
Xatalos (1): Chromatically
Chromatically (0): Xatalos
Alakaslam (0): raynpelikoneet
ritoky (0): Chromatically, raynpelikoneet, raynpelikoneet
Onegu (0): Onegu

Not listed (3): marvellosity, Hopeless1der, ritoky

Looks like it's time to sack Vivax for being a traitor!
Day 1 ends in at 21:00 GMT (+00:00).

The quality control list is here.
The automated list counter is here.
Only votes on this list will be counted.

Please mind the deadline as failure to vote will result in a modkill.

The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 23 2015 14:36 GMT
#866
On October 23 2015 19:17 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 19:11 marvellosity wrote:
I think Slam is mafia.

It feels to me like he decided to scumread rayn and then is kinda just picking out posts to make it happen.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
table for two on a tv tray
Chromatically
Profile Joined January 2012
United States1700 Posts
October 23 2015 14:38 GMT
#867
On October 23 2015 23:17 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 23:10 Chromatically wrote:
So I assume no one agrees with me on Xatalos then?

On October 23 2015 21:59 Xatalos wrote:
Ah, and Chromatically... Not sure yet. He's kept being pretty reasonable / constructive all game, but I don't really think there's been much (if anything?) I've agreed with him on... And that case against me is just, pretty much describing my town meta features as scummy points. The stuff he's saying about me is null at worst. And then I'm confidently scum? I've received a couple of cases like that (from scum) before. Most notably the case that called me a "drama queen" or something (LOL). That was a funny case. Anyways, it feels kind of like those cases, nitpicking null/towny things and painting them in the worst possible light. It doesn't even feel like an actual case, more like an effort to try and find *somethjng* (anything) bad about me... And failing, but calling me scum regardless.


Here are the basic points I made: Xatalos was active without posting anything particularly in the beginning of the game (mafia do this because they want to appear active but have trouble posting content), waffling on votes (mafia do this because they want to keep their options open and not ignore their partners), throwing suspicion on rayn initially (mafia do this to make people look worse than they are), weird read on BH (mafia throw out townreads without thinking about why). The last two points are meh, but the first two I think are pretty clearly scum traits and certainly not "null at worst" from any perspective. The filter length defense is the only good one I've heard, but filter length is not everything.

If people really don't want to lynch Xatalos, I'll obviously consolidate onto someone else. But I do think I made a strong case and I feel good about it.


I mean... Posting a lot (including filler) is my town meta. As scum, I select more carefully what I post. Waffling is something I will do as scum, but also as town, so it's not really.... a point. I think my read on BH is decent, do you disagree with it? Even rayn finally admitted it wasn't meritless (at least "from my perspective" lol). Not sure why scumhunting is scummy again. It's not like I showed suspicion towards rayn baselessly.

I made the point as just a general point not really looking at meta, but when I do look at meta I don't see a lot of filler as either alignment. Waffling I thought I saw more of as mafia than as town, as town I thought I saw a lot more confident reads on people (posting "X is probably town" etc). I didn't think that was strong enough to post though and the post was long enough already. I do disagree on BH, I think the RNG thing at the beginning was entirely not alignment indicative and there was no reason to townread him for it but that's been talked about a lot already and you could be town that just sees it differently (in a way I think is wrong), so I guess that point is fine. The rayn thing the way you said things about him was misrepresenting what he was doing to make it look worse, and I thought that it was weird to jump on him for what you did.

If not you (which is looking very unlikely), then probably GB? I'm looking at GB/Slam/BH and I'm kind of out of time right now but I can finalize that later. Onegu I got a town feeling when reading through for some reason, ritoky I kind of liked his BH thing, and Hopeless I'm willing to trust the rayn/yamato read for now.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 23 2015 14:39 GMT
#868
7/10 votes are on people I really think we shouldn't be touching with a bargepole today.

a bit concerning
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
October 23 2015 14:39 GMT
#869
On October 23 2015 23:35 marvellosity wrote:
literally just explained my feelings about Chrome, GB.

other than your read on Vivax i can't really think of anything that would make you town. so all that's left is a bad read on vivax.


I saw it, but don't you agree that Chromatically is being at least productive and Onegu and Hopeless aren't?

Hopeless is disinterested just like he was in Avogadro's mini mafia.

But especially Onegu. He is sheeping me. How come you think I might be mafia for a bad read on Vivax but Onegu likely to be town for sheeping me into this very same read?
I'm adorable.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
October 23 2015 14:39 GMT
#870
im on phone, when im home its probably going to be on between me and gb cause hes rustling my jims
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 23 2015 14:40 GMT
#871
Wait Xatalos actually thinks i am mafia?
Maybe ritoky is town after all.
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 23 2015 14:41 GMT
#872
On October 23 2015 23:39 GlowingBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 23:35 marvellosity wrote:
literally just explained my feelings about Chrome, GB.

other than your read on Vivax i can't really think of anything that would make you town. so all that's left is a bad read on vivax.


I saw it, but don't you agree that Chromatically is being at least productive and Onegu and Hopeless aren't?

Hopeless is disinterested just like he was in Avogadro's mini mafia.

But especially Onegu. He is sheeping me. How come you think I might be mafia for a bad read on Vivax but Onegu likely to be town for sheeping me into this very same read?

how is Onegu sitting in group 3 out of 4 just above the people i'm suspicious of "likely town"? no.

productivity is a weird metric. the least 'productive' people are usually lazy town fuckers. mafia try to be productive so they don't get lynched by people for not being productive.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
October 23 2015 14:42 GMT
#873
like he spent more than half of his filter only talking about me and then he suddenly starts posting a whole spectrum of reads, i assume that if he has. wekness in his filter im gonna find it there.

also yeah the unsure about marv thingy was yamato i think, mistook his post for gbs
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 14:42 GMT
#874
On October 23 2015 23:31 marvellosity wrote:
1. marvellosity
2. Vivax
8. Xatalos
13. yamato77

3. Blazinghand
4. gumshoe
6. Hopeless1der
7. raynpelikoneet

9. Onegu
12. ritoky

5. GlowingBear
10. Chromatically
11. Alakaslam

groups are in no particular order (e.g. rayn would be higher)


Well, it warms my heart that I'm so high. Nice to be a pussy I guess?

[image loading]

Anyways, you'd really have to do better than to claim Slam's reaction to a vote / his attack on rayn was weird. I basically got the opposite picture from how he went about it.

Can't really disagree about the option of Chromatically.

GB... Doesn't really seem like the best lynch today. He's kind of null to me, but rayn's odd behavior towards him (hard defense -> hard attack) doesn't really seem like how he would treat a teammate. More like how scum rayn would treat someone he knew was town. So that basically pushes him out of my comfortable lynch range atm.

Is there really nothing else for you to defend rayn with than his initial agreement (not really) with your early reads? Even if his reads were actually quite different back then, unlike you said, and a HUGE AMOUNT of stuff has happened after that?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 23 2015 14:42 GMT
#875
Let's lynch Slam.
##unvote
##vote Alakaslam

I wanna tunnel Xatalos so hard after D1. So hard.
I am literally seeing red and i really really wanna do this.
And i can't unless i lynch mafia.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 23 2015 14:43 GMT
#876
Like i literally want people to vote for either me or Slam.
Then, whichever gets lynched i (or other people) will tunnel Xatalos for the rest of the game.
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 23 2015 14:43 GMT
#877
Xatalos is gonna have like 11-12 pages filter after d1, he's just gonna be town rayn
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 23 2015 14:44 GMT
#878
On October 23 2015 23:43 marvellosity wrote:
Xatalos is gonna have like 11-12 pages filter after d1, he's just gonna be town rayn

I don't care. Still gonna do it.
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 23 2015 14:45 GMT
#879
well that'll be productive
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 23 2015 14:46 GMT
#880
Chromatically's oplay is completely different from his scumgames where he basically picks a person and tunnels that into oblivion.
table for two on a tv tray
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech125
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5535
Bisu 2940
Jaedong 1015
Soulkey 837
Horang2 591
EffOrt 543
Mini 393
actioN 348
Larva 305
ZerO 231
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 229
Yoon 127
Mind 93
Pusan 87
hero 80
Shinee 71
Sharp 70
Snow 64
Hyun 60
Dewaltoss 59
Barracks 49
Bale 48
sorry 47
ToSsGirL 37
Sacsri 20
scan(afreeca) 17
Trap 17
NaDa 14
Rock 13
Terrorterran 10
zelot 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 9
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc4835
qojqva2357
Dendi1081
Counter-Strike
Fnx 551
Other Games
olofmeister1443
hiko893
B2W.Neo767
Lowko353
crisheroes278
DeMusliM265
Pyrionflax205
XBOCT204
Hui .198
Livibee165
Liquid`VortiX143
QueenE70
Mew2King51
Liquid`RaSZi35
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1254
WardiTV598
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 21
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV656
League of Legends
• Nemesis2293
• Jankos1995
Other Games
• Shiphtur104
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 45m
Patches Events
1d 1h
The PondCast
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.