• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:36
CEST 13:36
KST 20:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9837 users

[M][N] Mini Mafia: The (kinda) Vanilla Experience - Page 43

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 196 Next
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 13:53 GMT
#841
Well he said that you&ritoky were town and gumshoe was scum.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 13:54 GMT
#842
Hardly the "exact same reads", and even if that was the case, it's just too much of a free pass for him to give a total townread for it.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 23 2015 13:55 GMT
#843
when you lynch rayn literally every time he is mafia and don't ever lynch him when he is town, then you can tell me what and when i should be reading rayn

understood?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
October 23 2015 13:56 GMT
#844
Catching up, actual posts within the hour but I will say xatas probs not scum based just off activity, though I'm gonna read his filter again to makes sure. Then I'll check out gb and see what happened there.
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 13:57 GMT
#845
Well last game rayn was scum (on Vendetta Strada) and I correctly pushed his lynch and got him lynched. I'm pretty sure I also correctly townread him when I was last town with him. Mostly it's been me as scum and him as town recently, though.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 23 2015 14:01 GMT
#846
xatalos is pretty obviously town i think because if he was mafia he'd just townread me.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 14:01 GMT
#847
I can't say I'm an expert on rayn, but I'll just say that I feel his current game is closer to his scumgame on VS than anything else.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 14:05 GMT
#848
On October 23 2015 23:01 marvellosity wrote:
xatalos is pretty obviously town i think because if he was mafia he'd just townread me.


Haha... Ah, I guess you're referring to our PM discussion after my miserable semi-push against you as scum...
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 23 2015 14:07 GMT
#849
i'm not referring to anything. although actually that weakens my townread on you now that you mention it.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 14:08 GMT
#850
Yeah, I think I mentioned that I'd just straight away townread you if I rolled scum against you next time. But since I said that, would I really do it after all? The WIFOM is real.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 23 2015 14:08 GMT
#851
my reasoning was that you're a bit of a pussy as mafia and it would be much easier for you just to townread me when if you are mafia you know there is a 0% chance of me ever getting lynched.

the fact you pushed me before under similar circumstances weakens that as a heuristic though

although i doubt you'd make the same mistake twice
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Chromatically
Profile Joined January 2012
United States1700 Posts
October 23 2015 14:10 GMT
#852
So I assume no one agrees with me on Xatalos then?

On October 23 2015 21:59 Xatalos wrote:
Ah, and Chromatically... Not sure yet. He's kept being pretty reasonable / constructive all game, but I don't really think there's been much (if anything?) I've agreed with him on... And that case against me is just, pretty much describing my town meta features as scummy points. The stuff he's saying about me is null at worst. And then I'm confidently scum? I've received a couple of cases like that (from scum) before. Most notably the case that called me a "drama queen" or something (LOL). That was a funny case. Anyways, it feels kind of like those cases, nitpicking null/towny things and painting them in the worst possible light. It doesn't even feel like an actual case, more like an effort to try and find *somethjng* (anything) bad about me... And failing, but calling me scum regardless.


Here are the basic points I made: Xatalos was active without posting anything particularly in the beginning of the game (mafia do this because they want to appear active but have trouble posting content), waffling on votes (mafia do this because they want to keep their options open and not ignore their partners), throwing suspicion on rayn initially (mafia do this to make people look worse than they are), weird read on BH (mafia throw out townreads without thinking about why). The last two points are meh, but the first two I think are pretty clearly scum traits and certainly not "null at worst" from any perspective. The filter length defense is the only good one I've heard, but filter length is not everything.

If people really don't want to lynch Xatalos, I'll obviously consolidate onto someone else. But I do think I made a strong case and I feel good about it.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
October 23 2015 14:12 GMT
#853
On October 23 2015 19:02 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 10:38 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 23 2015 07:53 Xatalos wrote:
On October 23 2015 07:49 Vivax wrote:
Bothers me how first GB goes from "Vivax mafia cause tone" when most people agreed that it's my town tone, and then thinks of another reason to scumread me for and switches over to saying that he's suspicious of my townreads cause he doesn't know how they're formed.

So um yeah, either my tone sucks but then my townreads don't have anything to do with it, and when confronted with other people's opinions (marv was hitting that with a pneumatic hammer) he abandons it and starts looking for another reason to bitch about my alignment, so he asks me some fancy questions "why do you townread these dudes" when it's a question he could ask anyone without having to scumread them first.


Maybe you're onto something.... Well, it does kind of feel like a premeditated push.


No it doesn't.
1.There is no scum-motivation behind trying to push someone who is being universally townread. If scum wants to push someone, they will push mislynchable townies. They (usually) are never going against a hard target.

2.I pushed Vivax because I don't like his tone and his easy town passes. I can find it scummy before further investigating it.

I'm re-reading the game atm.


1. Wow look at you with the pants on your head, scum would never wear pants on their head.

2. The point is that you can just stick to your guns in that case instead of complaining about me not explaining my reads which is something that doesn't catch scum most of the time. There are dozens of read lists in this game and not every read is explained properly, it's a bottomless barrel.

For example there's you saying marv has changed his playstyle and you're not sure about it and then he's suddenly green in the list post of yours, if I ask you why you'd say "I changed my read cause bsbs", great. If I call you scum for it you will just give a reasonable explanation.

Or the irony in saying my reads are too static but being suspicious about me giving out too many of them, and basically being the first to do so.

You accuse first and ask questions later, that's what I demonstrated with the post of mine and I have a hard time seeing you as the kind of guy who usually tunnels me for reasons I don't understand (like Koshi/Artanis/marv in earlier days).


I've never said the bolded.

All my reads are explained in my list post.

I don't need to ask you questions to think you're scummy. I can think you're scum then continue to further investigate your alignment asking you questions because GUESS WHAT, I CAN BE WRONG! Or I can get more convinced you're scum.

And here we are, the question still remains and you haven't answered them yet. All I know is that you have unexplained town reads, reads yamato as mafia for being AFK day1 and reads me mafia for something that doesn't make me mafia.
I'm adorable.
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 14:17 GMT
#854
On October 23 2015 23:10 Chromatically wrote:
So I assume no one agrees with me on Xatalos then?

Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 21:59 Xatalos wrote:
Ah, and Chromatically... Not sure yet. He's kept being pretty reasonable / constructive all game, but I don't really think there's been much (if anything?) I've agreed with him on... And that case against me is just, pretty much describing my town meta features as scummy points. The stuff he's saying about me is null at worst. And then I'm confidently scum? I've received a couple of cases like that (from scum) before. Most notably the case that called me a "drama queen" or something (LOL). That was a funny case. Anyways, it feels kind of like those cases, nitpicking null/towny things and painting them in the worst possible light. It doesn't even feel like an actual case, more like an effort to try and find *somethjng* (anything) bad about me... And failing, but calling me scum regardless.


Here are the basic points I made: Xatalos was active without posting anything particularly in the beginning of the game (mafia do this because they want to appear active but have trouble posting content), waffling on votes (mafia do this because they want to keep their options open and not ignore their partners), throwing suspicion on rayn initially (mafia do this to make people look worse than they are), weird read on BH (mafia throw out townreads without thinking about why). The last two points are meh, but the first two I think are pretty clearly scum traits and certainly not "null at worst" from any perspective. The filter length defense is the only good one I've heard, but filter length is not everything.

If people really don't want to lynch Xatalos, I'll obviously consolidate onto someone else. But I do think I made a strong case and I feel good about it.


I mean... Posting a lot (including filler) is my town meta. As scum, I select more carefully what I post. Waffling is something I will do as scum, but also as town, so it's not really.... a point. I think my read on BH is decent, do you disagree with it? Even rayn finally admitted it wasn't meritless (at least "from my perspective" lol). Not sure why scumhunting is scummy again. It's not like I showed suspicion towards rayn baselessly.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 14:20 GMT
#855
On October 23 2015 23:08 marvellosity wrote:
my reasoning was that you're a bit of a pussy as mafia and it would be much easier for you just to townread me when if you are mafia you know there is a 0% chance of me ever getting lynched.

the fact you pushed me before under similar circumstances weakens that as a heuristic though

although i doubt you'd make the same mistake twice


Btw can you really say I'm a pussy as scum after that game where I and Artanis bussed each other all game? That was fun.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 14:22 GMT
#856
Well, I guess it's not entirely untrue in the meaning of going against strong players. But like you said, I've done that too.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
October 23 2015 14:24 GMT
#857
On October 23 2015 19:06 marvellosity wrote:
GB, why is Chrome your #1 townread above all others?


Marv, I think he is being productive and trying to solve the game. He has been trying to push his scum reads. There was a particular post I liked and I've put it in the spoilered part of my list post. It's this one:

+ Show Spoiler +
On October 22 2015 11:08 Chromatically wrote:
I'm back, I'm planning on rereading the thread and looking more into some people but here's where I'm at now:

- gumshoe feels really town, especially that last post. The way he rambles shows a town thought process in his posts.
- I don't think BH has done anything alignment indicative and I don't understand why people are reading him town.
- I liked when rayn said, "Chrom would be town if I hadn't been scum with him before", I think that statement usually comes from someone honestly trying to read me (i.e. town).
- Hopeless' entrance felt awkward to me, did not like it.
- Xatalos is town for driving discussion and the stuff he says comes from a town perspective, probably Vivax too for similar reasons.

If anyone has questions I'd love to hear them because an uncomfortable amount of people seem to think I'm mafia and I don't like it.


The part where he talks about BH is exactly what I was thinking at that moment.

Marv I asked you and Rayn if you like any of the lynch targets I proposed, can you take a look at it? It's easy to find in my filter because it's the only colored post.
I'm adorable.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 23 2015 14:24 GMT
#858
On October 23 2015 23:20 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 23:08 marvellosity wrote:
my reasoning was that you're a bit of a pussy as mafia and it would be much easier for you just to townread me when if you are mafia you know there is a 0% chance of me ever getting lynched.

the fact you pushed me before under similar circumstances weakens that as a heuristic though

although i doubt you'd make the same mistake twice


Btw can you really say I'm a pussy as scum after that game where I and Artanis bussed each other all game? That was fun.

yes, bussing each other is pussy way out because it means you don't have the balls to tunnel a townie

gonna have to try meta Chrome at some point. My evening cleared up (i was gonna be afk all weekend and spring that on you guys when i finished work, but my plans fell through)
On October 22 2015 13:59 Chromatically wrote:
Alright yamato is off the lynch list for me. I have a hard time seeing him faking anger about getting scumread by people for this and I don't think he's just making up his reasoning there as mafia. Both of those last posts feel really town to me.

On October 23 2015 00:26 Chromatically wrote:
I don't really see why GB is mafia for that read rather than it just being a bad read.

On October 23 2015 02:47 Chromatically wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 02:41 marvellosity wrote:
pretty hard to shake my townfeels on rayn when he comes into the thread saying he has 2 townreads and no mafiareads when at that point i had 2 townreads and no mafiareads and the 2 townreads were the same as mine.

I like this post a lot, I get a strong town feeling from this.

I don't like any of these posts much. I don't think the anger thing is a good reason to townread yamato. I made an unexplained punt vote on GB and it reads as a bit of a weird defence. I'm also not sure that Chrome should be getting strong townfeels from the post i made rather than others/the whole body of play.

Also have this nagging feeling where Chrome described ritoky as picking up on "textbook mafia tells" and he's essentially doing the exact same thing with Xatalos. I don't like it. I understand picking up on Xata's read progression on rayn, I think it's possibly reasonable to be suspicious of that, but the rest of it I don't think I like much.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 14:27 GMT
#859
Hm... There's actually only 6 hours remaining...

What the heck are all those votes on Vivax? He's definitely not the lynch today. In my experience, his scumgame is entirely different from this. Very lurky and overall uninvolved.

I don't really think GB is the best lynch either.. I'd much rather lynch rayn first, since GB is unlikely scum with rayn IMO.

Yeah, I'm still leaning towards rayn.

Chromatically, where would you "consolidate" if not for me?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 23 2015 14:28 GMT
#860
we're not gonna lynch rayn

i'm not totally confident he's town but i have enough reason to take him off the table today
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 951
WardiTV331
LiquipediaDiscussion
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 12426
StarCastTV_EN392
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko351
ProTech129
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 16811
Bisu 4751
Jaedong 4163
EffOrt 1285
BeSt 932
ZerO 538
Horang2 448
Pusan 304
actioN 296
Zeus 254
[ Show more ]
Larva 205
Hyun 147
Mind 137
Barracks 107
ggaemo 89
Killer 49
scan(afreeca) 43
Sharp 41
Shinee 38
NotJumperer 36
Bale 34
ToSsGirL 31
Sea.KH 29
Hm[arnc] 20
Sacsri 19
Terrorterran 15
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
zelot 8
Dota 2
Dendi795
League of Legends
JimRising 343
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1785
byalli648
markeloff62
Other Games
crisheroes261
Pyrionflax199
DeMusliM146
dupreeh116
Mew2King62
QueenE5
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 215
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream52
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 53
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV576
League of Legends
• Jankos1193
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 24m
Patches Events
1d 4h
The PondCast
1d 22h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.