• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:52
CEST 05:52
KST 12:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8021 users

[M][N] Mini Mafia: The (kinda) Vanilla Experience - Page 36

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 196 Next
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 22 2015 22:30 GMT
#701
On October 23 2015 07:27 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 07:24 Xatalos wrote:
On October 23 2015 07:21 ritoky wrote:
On October 23 2015 07:18 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 23 2015 07:17 ritoky wrote:
On October 23 2015 07:16 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 23 2015 07:13 marvellosity wrote:
On October 23 2015 05:10 raynpelikoneet wrote:
okay after poe i am lynching into:

Blazinghand
Xatalos
Onegu
Alakaslam
ritoky

i am pretty sure we have three mafia there.

i thought you told me ritoky was town?

yeah that was yesterday.


On October 23 2015 06:53 ritoky wrote:
On October 22 2015 12:48 raynpelikoneet wrote:
i think ritoky is town tbh


On October 23 2015 05:10 raynpelikoneet wrote:
okay after poe i am lynching into:

Blazinghand
Xatalos
Onegu
Alakaslam
ritoky

i am pretty sure we have three mafia there.


On October 23 2015 05:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I don't understand the reads on ritoky. He literally said:
"BH is town until he does something egregious enough to be considered not town."
"generally speaking he doesn't rng as mafia, but i wouldn't put it past him to break meta."

So what? He townreads Blazinghand for something he then says, in the next post, is not a reason to townread Blazinghand`!!?


On October 23 2015 05:42 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 23 2015 05:39 Blazinghand wrote:
On October 23 2015 05:37 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I fail to see how i am being "aggressive" here, so could you explain BH?


well, not towards me. You're actually being a little more gentle with me, compared to normal. Normally I'd expect you to end up TRing ritoky for that on your own. Maybe it's been some time since we played together, or my edge is getting dull, but I recall you being pretty good at noticing people's motivations.

ritoky is a really had to read for me and i don't think he has said much of anything that could be in my opinion considered townie.

Maybe it's jsut like you say and other people do not know you as well as i do (and what you can / cannot do as mafia), but still... it's really hard for me to believe both of Xatalos and ritoky actually believe you are town for your actions regarding the rng lynch. I just don't fucking buy it.


nice one bro.


respond.

no


y'know, gonna be honest here. you're the most underwhelming player that people tell me is good on these forums. i just don't see it; maybe i am the one who is so bad i can't comprehend your greatness; but i don't think that's the case.


Well it's quite possible he may just be scum this game. In fact I'm leaning in that direction right now. He can be great as town.


it's an opinion gathered over many games; not just this one.


ROFL
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 22 2015 22:31 GMT
#702
On October 23 2015 07:29 Xatalos wrote:
Yeah... I think ritoky left the thread before rayn entered, and rayn called ritoky sure scum, and came back to the thread before ritoky... then ritoky was scum? Wot?


EBWOP: first he was sure town, then scum, without anything changing in between
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 22 2015 22:31 GMT
#703
On October 23 2015 06:38 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 06:28 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 23 2015 06:27 ritoky wrote:
On October 23 2015 06:26 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I have a question. Xatalos do you seriously think Blazinghand - as town - believes that lynching by RNG on D1 has the best chances of hitting mafia? Like do you SERIOUSLY believe that?


depending on the setup of the game and the structure of PRs, yes.

really?
when he himself just argued it's less likely to hit mafia then not rng lycnhing?


it's actually equally as likely, so i disagree with your premise entirely.

it's actually really simple. i mean i guess it's pretty simple for me cuz i read like 10 of BH's games in the recent past so i could accurately impersonate him. here's your guide to reading BH:

Did he RNG immediately @ the start of the game: if yes -> 80% chance to be town; if no -> 80% chance to be mafia

Did he push the RNG target or just leave it there like a dead fish: if push -> 95% chance to be town; if dead fish - 50% chance to be mafia

Did he gather reads from people arguing with him about why they are better than RNG: yes - DING DING DING town; i don't know he hasn't given reads - 75% town; no - 50% town

rayn, was this your turning point on ritoky? They're right when saying that ritoky posted nothing between "(rayn thinks) ritoky is town" and "POE lynch list include ritoky".
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
October 22 2015 22:32 GMT
#704
On October 23 2015 07:28 raynpelikoneet wrote:
yamato i just don't thee scum GB here.
meh.. i guess i can be wrong here but idk. I just don't see it.


Come on man you can give something more definitive than this.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 22 2015 22:37 GMT
#705
On October 23 2015 07:31 Hopeless1der wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 06:38 ritoky wrote:
On October 23 2015 06:28 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 23 2015 06:27 ritoky wrote:
On October 23 2015 06:26 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I have a question. Xatalos do you seriously think Blazinghand - as town - believes that lynching by RNG on D1 has the best chances of hitting mafia? Like do you SERIOUSLY believe that?


depending on the setup of the game and the structure of PRs, yes.

really?
when he himself just argued it's less likely to hit mafia then not rng lycnhing?


it's actually equally as likely, so i disagree with your premise entirely.

it's actually really simple. i mean i guess it's pretty simple for me cuz i read like 10 of BH's games in the recent past so i could accurately impersonate him. here's your guide to reading BH:

Did he RNG immediately @ the start of the game: if yes -> 80% chance to be town; if no -> 80% chance to be mafia

Did he push the RNG target or just leave it there like a dead fish: if push -> 95% chance to be town; if dead fish - 50% chance to be mafia

Did he gather reads from people arguing with him about why they are better than RNG: yes - DING DING DING town; i don't know he hasn't given reads - 75% town; no - 50% town

rayn, was this your turning point on ritoky? They're right when saying that ritoky posted nothing between "(rayn thinks) ritoky is town" and "POE lynch list include ritoky".

Yeah as i said that was yesterday. I clearly pointed out (before going to bed) that i dislike Xatalos' & ritoky's reads on BH which i had missed earlier as i was tired. My townread on ritoky before was not based on that at all. I jsut didn't pay attention to his posts because i didn't think he was saying anything interesting. It's like how i treat players who don't say anything interesting (unless something changes)... in every game.

There is absolutely nothing contradicting there, i re-evaluated his posting after i had slept and dug up further and came to conclusion he is mafia, because:
1) His read on BH is bad.
2) His reasoning for his read doesn't even make any sense.for example; he says there is 80% chance BH does this rng thing as town, so there is actually then 20% chance of BH doing that as mafia - by default. When people tell his that "BH could totally do that as mafia" it doesn't affect his read at all. In fact he just pushes the townread further with more illogical arguments, like trying to argue random lynching is as effective as not random lynching, which is a straight out lie, and doesn't even have anything to do with BH's alignment.

So yeah, there is that. That's basically the only thing he has done in this game in addition to now bitching at me.
table for two on a tv tray
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
October 22 2015 22:38 GMT
#706
Finished reading over ritoky's filter and besides that there are some things in there that make me feel like he's town (like his faith in humanity post), I feel kinda irked by the way he leaves behind his gumshoe stuff, but that's also something I might wrongly scumrad him for, so I see little reason so far to scumread him for anything specific.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 22 2015 22:39 GMT
#707
On October 23 2015 07:32 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 07:28 raynpelikoneet wrote:
yamato i just don't thee scum GB here.
meh.. i guess i can be wrong here but idk. I just don't see it.


Come on man you can give something more definitive than this.

I don't know what to say?
I don't think his case on you makes him mafia because he seems to actually believe in what he says (while his argument is wrong).
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 22 2015 22:40 GMT
#708
On October 23 2015 07:07 Vivax wrote:
I should be like super green, I don't know what's wrong with you people.

I'm a tide of open mindedness and emotions with a bastard coating to discern the weak from the strong.

last sentence made me giggle, thank you
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 22 2015 22:41 GMT
#709
On October 23 2015 07:37 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 07:31 Hopeless1der wrote:
On October 23 2015 06:38 ritoky wrote:
On October 23 2015 06:28 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 23 2015 06:27 ritoky wrote:
On October 23 2015 06:26 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I have a question. Xatalos do you seriously think Blazinghand - as town - believes that lynching by RNG on D1 has the best chances of hitting mafia? Like do you SERIOUSLY believe that?


depending on the setup of the game and the structure of PRs, yes.

really?
when he himself just argued it's less likely to hit mafia then not rng lycnhing?


it's actually equally as likely, so i disagree with your premise entirely.

it's actually really simple. i mean i guess it's pretty simple for me cuz i read like 10 of BH's games in the recent past so i could accurately impersonate him. here's your guide to reading BH:

Did he RNG immediately @ the start of the game: if yes -> 80% chance to be town; if no -> 80% chance to be mafia

Did he push the RNG target or just leave it there like a dead fish: if push -> 95% chance to be town; if dead fish - 50% chance to be mafia

Did he gather reads from people arguing with him about why they are better than RNG: yes - DING DING DING town; i don't know he hasn't given reads - 75% town; no - 50% town

rayn, was this your turning point on ritoky? They're right when saying that ritoky posted nothing between "(rayn thinks) ritoky is town" and "POE lynch list include ritoky".

Yeah as i said that was yesterday. I clearly pointed out (before going to bed) that i dislike Xatalos' & ritoky's reads on BH which i had missed earlier as i was tired. My townread on ritoky before was not based on that at all. I jsut didn't pay attention to his posts because i didn't think he was saying anything interesting. It's like how i treat players who don't say anything interesting (unless something changes)... in every game.

There is absolutely nothing contradicting there, i re-evaluated his posting after i had slept and dug up further and came to conclusion he is mafia, because:
1) His read on BH is bad.
2) His reasoning for his read doesn't even make any sense.for example; he says there is 80% chance BH does this rng thing as town, so there is actually then 20% chance of BH doing that as mafia - by default. When people tell his that "BH could totally do that as mafia" it doesn't affect his read at all. In fact he just pushes the townread further with more illogical arguments, like trying to argue random lynching is as effective as not random lynching, which is a straight out lie, and doesn't even have anything to do with BH's alignment.

So yeah, there is that. That's basically the only thing he has done in this game in addition to now bitching at me.


So if you ignored his posts initially, what made you townread him in the first place?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 22 2015 22:41 GMT
#710
On October 23 2015 07:09 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 07:08 Xatalos wrote:
On October 23 2015 07:06 ritoky wrote:
town:
ritoky
BH
slam
marv
hopeless

green side of null:
xata
vivax


Slam and Hopeless are town why?

I actually see what he's saying with Hopeless.

Slam I don't really agree on.

+1
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 22 2015 22:43 GMT
#711
On October 22 2015 06:45 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2015 06:44 Xatalos wrote:
On October 22 2015 06:41 ritoky wrote:
On October 22 2015 06:39 Xatalos wrote:
On October 22 2015 06:36 ritoky wrote:
gumshoe might be mafia.


Why?


poorly explained response, forced joke, clear post editing, extra lines at the end of post.


Clear post editing? I agree he's felt a bit "forced" with his entrance.


at start of game mafia more likely to re-read and edit their post than town is. town more prone to be natural. the lines at the end, the changes between capitalizing and not capitalizing, and some other aspects shows he read and edited the post.

this post looked town.
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 22 2015 22:44 GMT
#712
On October 23 2015 07:12 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Chromatically seems to be the most level headed person in this game. It's like not totally out of question he is scum here but most likely he is just town as his posting suggests.

This is what worries me tbh. Not that I'm saying he isn't a levelheaded person, but I'm kinda struggling to place him in the game which I don't like
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 22 2015 22:45 GMT
#713
On October 23 2015 07:44 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 07:12 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Chromatically seems to be the most level headed person in this game. It's like not totally out of question he is scum here but most likely he is just town as his posting suggests.

This is what worries me tbh. Not that I'm saying he isn't a levelheaded person, but I'm kinda struggling to place him in the game which I don't like

what do you mean by this? like you don't know where he is headed or what?
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 22 2015 22:46 GMT
#714
On October 23 2015 07:13 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 01:06 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 23 2015 01:00 marvellosity wrote:
On October 23 2015 00:57 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 23 2015 00:50 marvellosity wrote:
On October 23 2015 00:48 GlowingBear wrote:
His first post was a vote on yamato?

And yes, he CAN do it as town, but his whole filter has posts in similar fashion. And I usually see Vivax being paranoid. Not this straight forward.

This doesn't make sense. He calls yamato mafia and so he's not paranoid? What are you saying?

Like I get what you're saying about the townlist, but you need to explain it much much better about calling people mafia.


I may be wrong here marv, but what I'm trying to say is not that he is calling people mafia, but that his posts are very straight forward here (that's what I trying to saying with "absolutes" = he calls a player mafia, he calls a player town - I don't see him having a slow progression on most people. And I'm used to Vivax being way more wary before giving reads).

It's basically tonal.

This is the same Vivax who tunnelled me and HF and one other based on a connection theory for abour 36h starting from half an hour into day 1, yes? That Vivax who is wary of giving reads?


EXACTLY!

I think I'm having a hard time even to understand what I want to say LOL.

I mean he had a couple of theories to tunnel both of you. He WASN'T straight forward. His town reads were never strong because of the tin foil.

But here, less than half a day, he already has like 4 townreads, and two of them I don't even understand why.

By the way, Vivax, what are the reasons to townread BH and Xata?

Literally scumreading Vivax because too many townreads

Confident Vivax is town Vivax. Paranoia is not a trait, but a symptom of his overconfidence in his own reads. He's so convinced he's right, he doesn't care if everyone else reads the player town, THAT PLAYER IS MAFIA

Plus he defends me for ? reasons just to throw more shit at Vivax

meh

marv fell off this for basically no reason, I would have pushed him more

I'm going to be honest - the reason is because I'm an idiot. I basically got stuck in one train of thought and forgot that Vivax is a little bitch as mafia and that a confident Vivax is far more likely to be town. so yeah... makes me feel less good about feeling better about GB, although I'm still not really sure
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 22 2015 22:48 GMT
#715
On October 23 2015 07:45 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 07:44 marvellosity wrote:
On October 23 2015 07:12 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Chromatically seems to be the most level headed person in this game. It's like not totally out of question he is scum here but most likely he is just town as his posting suggests.

This is what worries me tbh. Not that I'm saying he isn't a levelheaded person, but I'm kinda struggling to place him in the game which I don't like

what do you mean by this? like you don't know where he is headed or what?

I don't know how to explain and it may be nothing

like I know he's been on ritoky and stuff. but with most other people i can remember who they argued with, or standing out in particular for some reason, or meta stuff when I think about them.

so for me Chromatically is kinda just *there*. tbh right now i'm not even sure i'm suspicious of him for it,not filtered him or anything, i'll do that tomorrow. so he can go about his business ^^
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
October 22 2015 22:49 GMT
#716
Bothers me how first GB goes from "Vivax mafia cause tone" when most people agreed that it's my town tone, and then thinks of another reason to scumread me for and switches over to saying that he's suspicious of my townreads cause he doesn't know how they're formed.

So um yeah, either my tone sucks but then my townreads don't have anything to do with it, and when confronted with other people's opinions (marv was hitting that with a pneumatic hammer) he abandons it and starts looking for another reason to bitch about my alignment, so he asks me some fancy questions "why do you townread these dudes" when it's a question he could ask anyone without having to scumread them first.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
October 22 2015 22:50 GMT
#717
On October 23 2015 07:41 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 07:09 yamato77 wrote:
On October 23 2015 07:08 Xatalos wrote:
On October 23 2015 07:06 ritoky wrote:
town:
ritoky
BH
slam
marv
hopeless

green side of null:
xata
vivax


Slam and Hopeless are town why?

I actually see what he's saying with Hopeless.

Slam I don't really agree on.

+1

On October 23 2015 07:46 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 07:13 yamato77 wrote:
On October 23 2015 01:06 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 23 2015 01:00 marvellosity wrote:
On October 23 2015 00:57 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 23 2015 00:50 marvellosity wrote:
On October 23 2015 00:48 GlowingBear wrote:
His first post was a vote on yamato?

And yes, he CAN do it as town, but his whole filter has posts in similar fashion. And I usually see Vivax being paranoid. Not this straight forward.

This doesn't make sense. He calls yamato mafia and so he's not paranoid? What are you saying?

Like I get what you're saying about the townlist, but you need to explain it much much better about calling people mafia.


I may be wrong here marv, but what I'm trying to say is not that he is calling people mafia, but that his posts are very straight forward here (that's what I trying to saying with "absolutes" = he calls a player mafia, he calls a player town - I don't see him having a slow progression on most people. And I'm used to Vivax being way more wary before giving reads).

It's basically tonal.

This is the same Vivax who tunnelled me and HF and one other based on a connection theory for abour 36h starting from half an hour into day 1, yes? That Vivax who is wary of giving reads?


EXACTLY!

I think I'm having a hard time even to understand what I want to say LOL.

I mean he had a couple of theories to tunnel both of you. He WASN'T straight forward. His town reads were never strong because of the tin foil.

But here, less than half a day, he already has like 4 townreads, and two of them I don't even understand why.

By the way, Vivax, what are the reasons to townread BH and Xata?

Literally scumreading Vivax because too many townreads

Confident Vivax is town Vivax. Paranoia is not a trait, but a symptom of his overconfidence in his own reads. He's so convinced he's right, he doesn't care if everyone else reads the player town, THAT PLAYER IS MAFIA

Plus he defends me for ? reasons just to throw more shit at Vivax

meh

marv fell off this for basically no reason, I would have pushed him more

I'm going to be honest - the reason is because I'm an idiot. I basically got stuck in one train of thought and forgot that Vivax is a little bitch as mafia and that a confident Vivax is far more likely to be town. so yeah... makes me feel less good about feeling better about GB, although I'm still not really sure


Marv... agreeing with me?

Am I in the Twilight Zone?
Writer@WriterYamato
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 22 2015 22:51 GMT
#718
On October 23 2015 07:49 Vivax wrote:
Bothers me how first GB goes from "Vivax mafia cause tone" when most people agreed that it's my town tone, and then thinks of another reason to scumread me for and switches over to saying that he's suspicious of my townreads cause he doesn't know how they're formed.

So um yeah, either my tone sucks but then my townreads don't have anything to do with it, and when confronted with other people's opinions (marv was hitting that with a pneumatic hammer) he abandons it and starts looking for another reason to bitch about my alignment, so he asks me some fancy questions "why do you townread these dudes" when it's a question he could ask anyone without having to scumread them first.

Hmm okay this makes sense.
table for two on a tv tray
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 22 2015 22:51 GMT
#719
On October 23 2015 07:43 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2015 06:45 ritoky wrote:
On October 22 2015 06:44 Xatalos wrote:
On October 22 2015 06:41 ritoky wrote:
On October 22 2015 06:39 Xatalos wrote:
On October 22 2015 06:36 ritoky wrote:
gumshoe might be mafia.


Why?


poorly explained response, forced joke, clear post editing, extra lines at the end of post.


Clear post editing? I agree he's felt a bit "forced" with his entrance.


at start of game mafia more likely to re-read and edit their post than town is. town more prone to be natural. the lines at the end, the changes between capitalizing and not capitalizing, and some other aspects shows he read and edited the post.

this post looked town.


Really? I think it's a pretty general post. I think his stuff about BH was, on the other hand, relatively town... You mean they were scummy in hindsight for you? Meh.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 22 2015 22:52 GMT
#720
On October 23 2015 07:50 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 07:41 marvellosity wrote:
On October 23 2015 07:09 yamato77 wrote:
On October 23 2015 07:08 Xatalos wrote:
On October 23 2015 07:06 ritoky wrote:
town:
ritoky
BH
slam
marv
hopeless

green side of null:
xata
vivax


Slam and Hopeless are town why?

I actually see what he's saying with Hopeless.

Slam I don't really agree on.

+1

Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 07:46 marvellosity wrote:
On October 23 2015 07:13 yamato77 wrote:
On October 23 2015 01:06 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 23 2015 01:00 marvellosity wrote:
On October 23 2015 00:57 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 23 2015 00:50 marvellosity wrote:
On October 23 2015 00:48 GlowingBear wrote:
His first post was a vote on yamato?

And yes, he CAN do it as town, but his whole filter has posts in similar fashion. And I usually see Vivax being paranoid. Not this straight forward.

This doesn't make sense. He calls yamato mafia and so he's not paranoid? What are you saying?

Like I get what you're saying about the townlist, but you need to explain it much much better about calling people mafia.


I may be wrong here marv, but what I'm trying to say is not that he is calling people mafia, but that his posts are very straight forward here (that's what I trying to saying with "absolutes" = he calls a player mafia, he calls a player town - I don't see him having a slow progression on most people. And I'm used to Vivax being way more wary before giving reads).

It's basically tonal.

This is the same Vivax who tunnelled me and HF and one other based on a connection theory for abour 36h starting from half an hour into day 1, yes? That Vivax who is wary of giving reads?


EXACTLY!

I think I'm having a hard time even to understand what I want to say LOL.

I mean he had a couple of theories to tunnel both of you. He WASN'T straight forward. His town reads were never strong because of the tin foil.

But here, less than half a day, he already has like 4 townreads, and two of them I don't even understand why.

By the way, Vivax, what are the reasons to townread BH and Xata?

Literally scumreading Vivax because too many townreads

Confident Vivax is town Vivax. Paranoia is not a trait, but a symptom of his overconfidence in his own reads. He's so convinced he's right, he doesn't care if everyone else reads the player town, THAT PLAYER IS MAFIA

Plus he defends me for ? reasons just to throw more shit at Vivax

meh

marv fell off this for basically no reason, I would have pushed him more

I'm going to be honest - the reason is because I'm an idiot. I basically got stuck in one train of thought and forgot that Vivax is a little bitch as mafia and that a confident Vivax is far more likely to be town. so yeah... makes me feel less good about feeling better about GB, although I'm still not really sure


Marv... agreeing with me?

Am I in the Twilight Zone?

well, you're playing mafia
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 223
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1830
GuemChi 1372
NotJumperer 121
910 77
Bale 31
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm186
febbydoto15
Counter-Strike
taco 444
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King35
Other Games
summit1g8173
Coldzera 713
JimRising 620
C9.Mang0302
WinterStarcraft294
PiGStarcraft290
Maynarde104
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1009
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo964
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 8m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
7h 8m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
20h 8m
Patches Events
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.