• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:43
CEST 21:43
KST 04:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9256 users

Aperture Mafia 4: This Time it's Personal

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 25 2015 00:42 GMT
#124
lol i missed it :sad: :cry:

25 players so small T__T
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 26 2015 14:25 GMT
#159
I want the real ace though
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 26 2015 18:13 GMT
#163
Whoever rolls balrog can you replace out first pls? I'd like to extend my perfect record with balrogs to 3/3
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
April 03 2015 17:57 GMT
#5220
Hi everyone

So I've been skimming the thread each day. I was going to take notes until I saw that PMs are allowed at night, at that point I figured there's no point in trying to keep up from outside.

Anyway, it would be really helpful to me if people could say what exo has claimed to them about his role. This can wait until the night phase if it's information that hasn't been given out to the thread. This role has some pretty interesting mechanics that AFAIK haven't been claimed yet in the thread, although I could have missed something.

I feel terrible for Exo for going through what he is right now and wish him the best, but unless he worked with people in pms to find some kind of plan, I really really don't understand why he did what he did with his role.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
April 03 2015 17:59 GMT
#5222
One more point is, I don't plan on reading every post in the thread in order or anything like that - that's just unrealistic, I won't get any research done, I'll burn myself out, and I will probably end up getting lynched for inactivity in like four days. However, I'll read filters and read interactions if they're pointed out to me.

I think I hear my advisor coming but I'll try and post a few initial reads soon.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
April 03 2015 18:16 GMT
#5249
OK so false alarm. Anyway, here's my first read - this is something I've been thinking for several days now.

Remember that for all of these reads, I don't have the benefit of PMs so there's a lot of information I'm lacking.

So I think that Kita is mafia. The things he's pushing in thread and the kind of posts he's making are exactly the kind of things I remember him doing as mafia.

- Being really active.
Straight up activity has won Kita at least one game as mafia that I've been in where he was actually more active in thread than any townie; I distinctly remember the sentiment "kita can't be mafia, if he is we might as well give up because he's the only one being active." He's the kind of player who is confident enough in not getting caught out as mafia that he can put in a lot of effort and not just make a lot of posts but actually maintain thread presence.

- Being really active without actually accomplishing anything.
Think about it - who has he pushed this game? What has he really gotten done in terms of scumhunting? No one and nothing. And yet he's got a ten page filter, and has some of the longest posts (at least that I remember seeing when I was skimming the thread).

- Making the kind of posts that demonstrate effort without actually accomplishing objectives.
List posts. list posts and more list posts. But in none of those list posts does he really present and push a preferred lynch target.
Also the big early BH read post. So much effort, so little conclusion.
Same for the VE read post, really.

- Declining activity as the game goes on and his position is more and more secure.
Admittedly this one is based on my impressions, but there's a pretty clear scum motive to this trend.

This isn't how Kita plays as town. I mean, unless things have changed since I was here, but I remember Kita being someone who would make plans and push things - not necessarily cases but either cases or plans or coordination. Right now I can't say Kita is pushing anything except his own activity.

##vote: Kita
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
April 03 2015 18:17 GMT
#5252
On April 04 2015 03:03 kitaman27 wrote:
Hi S&B!

I'm still not real clear how item transfer abilities work, but how would damdred give JAT the lurker item if it would have been bussed to koshi by hapa?

The fact that nobody has claimed the creation of it does make it sketchy though.


Hi Kita!
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
April 03 2015 18:19 GMT
#5256
catching up. I am looking through damdread's filter but I may need this broken down for me.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
April 03 2015 18:21 GMT
#5259
oh nm I see it.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
April 03 2015 18:30 GMT
#5270
On April 04 2015 03:23 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2015 03:20 Keirathi wrote:
On April 04 2015 03:16 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 04 2015 03:15 Keirathi wrote:
Yes. Everyone who doesn't agree with JAT is scum. Woo!

Explain to me in which world it is better to risk the game on a random other lynch to let a single townie survive this day. Explain it to me in detail.

I don't even fucking disagree with you.

I'm just worried that for the big picture, this auto-lynch makes things worse for town. Nothing about his play today makes much sense otherwise.

Because scum has a huge lead thanks to a fucking idiot whos name I won't tell and because they take out towns leader in the process they don't have to care that much. That does not mean that we should not lynch the only 100 % scum we have.
Like you people can discuss other targets and do analysis about them as much as you would like but in the end we are lynching damdred today.


Here's how I'm thinking about this - we already have a game with a somewhat gimped lynch (majority lynch) with at least one ability to cancel a lynch (controlled by town but still) and potentially more.

In the last couple of Greymist games the lynch was also pretty underwhelming, and town powers were supposed to make up for that. It's definitely not out of the question that damdred could have some anti-lynch power - one-shot lynchproof, suicide bomb/vengeful, vote redirector. It's also not out of the question that he's just claiming scum.

The thing is, we can't just let him live. So unless we have some really reliable way of either killing or investigating him tonight, we kind of have to lynch him anyway and just grit our teeth.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
April 03 2015 18:33 GMT
#5275
yeah ima be pissed if this is some kind of scum endgame, i fucking just joined.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
April 03 2015 18:34 GMT
#5280
On April 04 2015 03:33 yamato77 wrote:
if your objection was that JAT would die, he won't

literally the same minute
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
April 03 2015 18:36 GMT
#5283
So I guess we just keep going and assume he was fucking with us
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
April 03 2015 18:37 GMT
#5284
and don't answer damdred, in case he can change targets and was lying about his soul bond thingy.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
April 03 2015 18:38 GMT
#5287
Anyway - is anyone a playerlist-order-based dayvig by any chance?
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
April 03 2015 19:00 GMT
#5311
On April 04 2015 03:59 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2015 03:58 Holyflare wrote:
we should get rid of this bh guy he's ridiculously useless/mafia


after damdred

and after kita

On April 04 2015 03:16 strongandbig wrote:
OK so false alarm. Anyway, here's my first read - this is something I've been thinking for several days now.

Remember that for all of these reads, I don't have the benefit of PMs so there's a lot of information I'm lacking.

So I think that Kita is mafia. The things he's pushing in thread and the kind of posts he's making are exactly the kind of things I remember him doing as mafia.

- Being really active.
Straight up activity has won Kita at least one game as mafia that I've been in where he was actually more active in thread than any townie; I distinctly remember the sentiment "kita can't be mafia, if he is we might as well give up because he's the only one being active." He's the kind of player who is confident enough in not getting caught out as mafia that he can put in a lot of effort and not just make a lot of posts but actually maintain thread presence.

- Being really active without actually accomplishing anything.
Think about it - who has he pushed this game? What has he really gotten done in terms of scumhunting? No one and nothing. And yet he's got a ten page filter, and has some of the longest posts (at least that I remember seeing when I was skimming the thread).

- Making the kind of posts that demonstrate effort without actually accomplishing objectives.
List posts. list posts and more list posts. But in none of those list posts does he really present and push a preferred lynch target.
Also the big early BH read post. So much effort, so little conclusion.
Same for the VE read post, really.

- Declining activity as the game goes on and his position is more and more secure.
Admittedly this one is based on my impressions, but there's a pretty clear scum motive to this trend.

This isn't how Kita plays as town. I mean, unless things have changed since I was here, but I remember Kita being someone who would make plans and push things - not necessarily cases but either cases or plans or coordination. Right now I can't say Kita is pushing anything except his own activity.

"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
April 03 2015 19:03 GMT
#5315
Also - Geript told me it is okay for everyone to PM me copies of the PM chains they had with Exo. I don't know how I could prevent them from being altered, so I will be taking them all with a grain of salt, but everyone should go ahead and do that.

Crossfire actually sent them to me already, before anyone knew that this is okay. This actually makes me more suspicious towards him, rather than less, but I would rather kill Kita first anyway
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
April 03 2015 19:06 GMT
#5317
ok bh we get it you only care about va
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
April 03 2015 19:16 GMT
#5322
On April 04 2015 04:06 Crossfire99 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2015 04:03 strongandbig wrote:
Also - Geript told me it is okay for everyone to PM me copies of the PM chains they had with Exo. I don't know how I could prevent them from being altered, so I will be taking them all with a grain of salt, but everyone should go ahead and do that.

Crossfire actually sent them to me already, before anyone knew that this is okay. This actually makes me more suspicious towards him, rather than less, but I would rather kill Kita first anyway

Lol, I asked GreY once I saw you replaced in. Since I pmed Exo, I thought it would be nice if the replacement was able to actually play the game with the knowledge the previous player had. Sorry for being helpful...

I appreciate it - it was just weird that you sent it to me but didn't mention anything in the thread about having asked if it was okay, made me think of a different place than PMs where people ask hosts questions sometimes. I don't think it's a big deal.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
April 03 2015 19:22 GMT
#5327
On April 04 2015 04:17 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2015 04:06 strongandbig wrote:
ok bh we get it you only care about va


oh, some context. I as lestrade the role-category-cop i also recieve the results, but not the target, of two other cops. one of them was marv the alignment cop, who was shot N1 but checked someone and got GUILTY. he crumbed no checks but had VA as a scumread. I'm pretty sure he checked VA.

i get it if you don't want to lynch VA today, during our first lynch, but i have zero comprehension of why people actually think VA is TOWN.

no i read all that when it happened, I have been sort of following the game

it's just you, like, refuse to acknowledge the evidence people have presented as to why the check may not have been on (probably wasn't on) VA - marv specifically saying in his how-to-cop not to check the first suspect

I don't have any particular reason to think VA is town but I'm inclined to discount the red check for a few reasons:
1. I don't 100% trust you in the first place
2. Especially since you really haven't talked about anything but this check
3. Especially since AFAIK you've never engaged the counterargument to this check
4. Especially since your intentional baiting of Koshi is specifically in line with your scum philosophy
5. Especially since you did the same thing to like rayn I think in a game where you and I were scum together
6. Basically I think you're scum too but I am less sure about you than Kita because of the missing-moriarty question
7. Also sometimes you just play shitty so this could be one of those times.
8. But since I think you're play is pretty fucking scummy and you haven't engaged with the counterarguments to the only thing you've been saying, I'm not going along with that thing.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O70
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason181
BRAT_OK 73
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15596
Artosis 671
Mini 245
Dewaltoss 130
Mind 75
ZZZero.O 70
Hyun 39
NaDa 24
Bale 23
Dota 2
qojqva3086
420jenkins586
League of Legends
Doublelift1270
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6422
Khaldor1281
Liquid`Hasu1022
MindelVK15
Other Games
summit1g5979
FrodaN2404
B2W.Neo811
byalli689
ToD187
Railgan45
Mew2King31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1237
BasetradeTV229
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream55
StarCraft 2
angryscii 39
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 34
• StrangeGG 27
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• 80smullet 23
• FirePhoenix7
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie930
• Shiphtur266
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 17m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 17m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 17m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.