• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:34
CEST 09:34
KST 16:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8710 users

TL Mafia LXIX: Carol Of The Bells - Page 176

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 174 175 176 177 178 265 Next
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
December 16 2014 00:36 GMT
#3501
On December 16 2014 09:35 Tubesock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2014 09:33 Holyflare wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:30 Tubesock wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:27 Holyflare wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:25 Tubesock wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:12 Holyflare wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:11 rsoultin wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:06 sicklucker wrote:
Actually wait it makes sense if gb is town which I think is still probably true.

The only way a mafia would mention they have a present is if a town sent it to them and they know they will be under suspicion if they dont use it.

So ok gb town ritoky mafia makes sense lets do this.


I think you are very good at not seeing all the angles. Like, for instance, how someone can just pass a present on. Deliberately obtuse or oblivious?

Anyone else curious about SL's gift for making definitive WIFOM statements at every opportunity? Or that he never, ever, ever expresses a single doubt about GB?

Paranoia, my friend, is a town trait. And you had it in spades last time I played with you.


Absolutely ridiculous assumptions all game about mass murderers/death presents /nk's /alignments yes


So, why is your vote on Ritoky for 1 scum action while Sicklucker has only done scummy or bad towny things for DAYS?

Why are we allowing that? How about we either wagon HF or Sick, if they turn town then wagon Ritoky or me tomorrow?


This is where the crux of your argument falls apart.


Not really. I've made it pretty clear that Sick is playing his role perfectly. For some reason most all of you think it's just him playing bad. He's not playing bad. I'm saying lynch him as even if he is town he isn't helping town. Lynch him. But only after you HF.


His reasoning is so terrible that i find it hard to believe that someone so intelligent and playing so "perfectly" would ever make them. It's likely he's just bad at thinking and town or bad at thinking and mafia. None of what you have said picks them apart. Only soul has just brought up something valid about sl's past game now.


So, you're saying he is too scummy to be scum?

Did you actually read the post you quoted?
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
December 16 2014 00:36 GMT
#3502
On December 16 2014 09:31 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2014 09:31 rsoultin wrote:
Okay, I'm going to grab some things to make dinner, but then I'll come back and post my case with the quotes that I still need to rustle up. That said...

##unvote
##vote: ritoky


You shot at me after being allegedly roleblocked and receiving a PM. Something in there is worth lynching you over. Perhaps the simple fact that you are lying or have lied. Why do you choose me to claim taking a shot at, then? There still has to be some reasoning in there somewhere.

Regardless, bbl.


You didn't read my post even after I told you to go read it....lol


I did, sweet cheeks. I read that you are now claiming that you've been lying all along to cover for making a mistake and trying to reserve your shot. And that you delayed revealing who you shot at because you had to figure out a plausible target. So again. Why do you choose me to claim taking a shot at, then? <- Note the phrasing is exactly the same as in the post you just quoted.

Perhaps I should have used the word DID to make my question more clear.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
December 16 2014 00:38 GMT
#3503
On December 16 2014 09:25 Holyflare wrote:
I literally have no idea what you ever say and how you even come up with this circular logic. You're like tube but he actually has coherent reasons.


You cant possibly believe this, is this a confession?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
December 16 2014 00:41 GMT
#3504
On December 16 2014 09:35 Tubesock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2014 09:33 Holyflare wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:30 Tubesock wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:27 Holyflare wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:25 Tubesock wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:12 Holyflare wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:11 rsoultin wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:06 sicklucker wrote:
Actually wait it makes sense if gb is town which I think is still probably true.

The only way a mafia would mention they have a present is if a town sent it to them and they know they will be under suspicion if they dont use it.

So ok gb town ritoky mafia makes sense lets do this.


I think you are very good at not seeing all the angles. Like, for instance, how someone can just pass a present on. Deliberately obtuse or oblivious?

Anyone else curious about SL's gift for making definitive WIFOM statements at every opportunity? Or that he never, ever, ever expresses a single doubt about GB?

Paranoia, my friend, is a town trait. And you had it in spades last time I played with you.


Absolutely ridiculous assumptions all game about mass murderers/death presents /nk's /alignments yes


So, why is your vote on Ritoky for 1 scum action while Sicklucker has only done scummy or bad towny things for DAYS?

Why are we allowing that? How about we either wagon HF or Sick, if they turn town then wagon Ritoky or me tomorrow?


This is where the crux of your argument falls apart.


Not really. I've made it pretty clear that Sick is playing his role perfectly. For some reason most all of you think it's just him playing bad. He's not playing bad. I'm saying lynch him as even if he is town he isn't helping town. Lynch him. But only after you HF.


His reasoning is so terrible that i find it hard to believe that someone so intelligent and playing so "perfectly" would ever make them. It's likely he's just bad at thinking and town or bad at thinking and mafia. None of what you have said picks them apart. Only soul has just brought up something valid about sl's past game now.


So, you're saying he is too scummy to be scum?


No I'm saying his logic is too dumb to be so open and closed as scum like you are suggesting but it doesn't make him town or mafia. None of what you are saying makes any sense whatsoever. If you wanted to convince people do what rsoul said and show how he's not that stupid as town in other games and this is entirely his mafia agenda this game otherwise you are just biased and tunneled.
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
December 16 2014 00:41 GMT
#3505
Like I cant risk posting anymore, or I might really get mod killed I made my case for the day. Vote hf I hope someone picks this case up and carrys it. If not obviously ritoky is fine. Dont start voting anyone else plz like a probable town gb.

See ya tormorow
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
December 16 2014 00:41 GMT
#3506
On December 16 2014 09:38 sicklucker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2014 09:25 Holyflare wrote:
I literally have no idea what you ever say and how you even come up with this circular logic. You're like tube but he actually has coherent reasons.


You cant possibly believe this, is this a confession?


This post explains my mindset perfectly. Thank you.
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
December 16 2014 00:42 GMT
#3507
On December 16 2014 09:36 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2014 09:31 ritoky wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:31 rsoultin wrote:
Okay, I'm going to grab some things to make dinner, but then I'll come back and post my case with the quotes that I still need to rustle up. That said...

##unvote
##vote: ritoky


You shot at me after being allegedly roleblocked and receiving a PM. Something in there is worth lynching you over. Perhaps the simple fact that you are lying or have lied. Why do you choose me to claim taking a shot at, then? There still has to be some reasoning in there somewhere.

Regardless, bbl.


You didn't read my post even after I told you to go read it....lol


I did, sweet cheeks. I read that you are now claiming that you've been lying all along to cover for making a mistake and trying to reserve your shot. And that you delayed revealing who you shot at because you had to figure out a plausible target. So again. Why do you choose me to claim taking a shot at, then? <- Note the phrasing is exactly the same as in the post you just quoted.

Perhaps I should have used the word DID to make my question more clear.


Because I don't understand your reads. You think the case on HF is bad, and hardly explain why it is bad; nor do you say you agree with HF's points. You've been less than committal on me and GB being mafia even though you spam it repeatedly. You scum read Xata for lynching mafia and not lynching a person you think is town. You have an unexplained town read on SL who I have no idea what the hell he is doing all game other than spamming nonsense full of confirmation bias and reading nothing anyone posts.

And that isn't even going back through your filter, that's just the stuff I remember off the top of my head. If I had shot, you would have been on the short list.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
December 16 2014 00:51 GMT
#3508
On December 16 2014 09:36 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2014 09:35 Tubesock wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:33 Holyflare wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:30 Tubesock wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:27 Holyflare wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:25 Tubesock wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:12 Holyflare wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:11 rsoultin wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:06 sicklucker wrote:
Actually wait it makes sense if gb is town which I think is still probably true.

The only way a mafia would mention they have a present is if a town sent it to them and they know they will be under suspicion if they dont use it.

So ok gb town ritoky mafia makes sense lets do this.


I think you are very good at not seeing all the angles. Like, for instance, how someone can just pass a present on. Deliberately obtuse or oblivious?

Anyone else curious about SL's gift for making definitive WIFOM statements at every opportunity? Or that he never, ever, ever expresses a single doubt about GB?

Paranoia, my friend, is a town trait. And you had it in spades last time I played with you.


Absolutely ridiculous assumptions all game about mass murderers/death presents /nk's /alignments yes


So, why is your vote on Ritoky for 1 scum action while Sicklucker has only done scummy or bad towny things for DAYS?

Why are we allowing that? How about we either wagon HF or Sick, if they turn town then wagon Ritoky or me tomorrow?


This is where the crux of your argument falls apart.


Not really. I've made it pretty clear that Sick is playing his role perfectly. For some reason most all of you think it's just him playing bad. He's not playing bad. I'm saying lynch him as even if he is town he isn't helping town. Lynch him. But only after you HF.


His reasoning is so terrible that i find it hard to believe that someone so intelligent and playing so "perfectly" would ever make them. It's likely he's just bad at thinking and town or bad at thinking and mafia. None of what you have said picks them apart. Only soul has just brought up something valid about sl's past game now.


So, you're saying he is too scummy to be scum?

Did you actually read the post you quoted?


Yes. If you're going to nitpick, then I guess I should have asked Holyflare "So, you're saying he is playing too badly to be mafia?"
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 16 2014 00:52 GMT
#3509
GOD THIS GAME IS AWESOME/CONFUSING
I'm adorable.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
December 16 2014 00:53 GMT
#3510
1. I've addressed GBs case on HF in-thread.
2. Not sure how I've been less than committal on you and GB. The burden of proof is on you, because I think my "commitment" has been rather obvious.
3. I said right in my Xata read that I'm not necessarily reading him as scum, just that his play is very cautious and that raised doubts.
4. I have since apologized to Tube, and even explained what I thought and where I've gone wrong with my read on SL. Not to mention I said earlier that it was meta and he was the only one I was comfortable meta-reading.

So clearly you do need to go through my filter or read the thread yourself.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
December 16 2014 00:54 GMT
#3511
On December 16 2014 09:51 Tubesock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2014 09:36 The_Templar wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:35 Tubesock wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:33 Holyflare wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:30 Tubesock wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:27 Holyflare wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:25 Tubesock wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:12 Holyflare wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:11 rsoultin wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:06 sicklucker wrote:
Actually wait it makes sense if gb is town which I think is still probably true.

The only way a mafia would mention they have a present is if a town sent it to them and they know they will be under suspicion if they dont use it.

So ok gb town ritoky mafia makes sense lets do this.


I think you are very good at not seeing all the angles. Like, for instance, how someone can just pass a present on. Deliberately obtuse or oblivious?

Anyone else curious about SL's gift for making definitive WIFOM statements at every opportunity? Or that he never, ever, ever expresses a single doubt about GB?

Paranoia, my friend, is a town trait. And you had it in spades last time I played with you.


Absolutely ridiculous assumptions all game about mass murderers/death presents /nk's /alignments yes


So, why is your vote on Ritoky for 1 scum action while Sicklucker has only done scummy or bad towny things for DAYS?

Why are we allowing that? How about we either wagon HF or Sick, if they turn town then wagon Ritoky or me tomorrow?


This is where the crux of your argument falls apart.


Not really. I've made it pretty clear that Sick is playing his role perfectly. For some reason most all of you think it's just him playing bad. He's not playing bad. I'm saying lynch him as even if he is town he isn't helping town. Lynch him. But only after you HF.


His reasoning is so terrible that i find it hard to believe that someone so intelligent and playing so "perfectly" would ever make them. It's likely he's just bad at thinking and town or bad at thinking and mafia. None of what you have said picks them apart. Only soul has just brought up something valid about sl's past game now.


So, you're saying he is too scummy to be scum?

Did you actually read the post you quoted?


Yes. If you're going to nitpick, then I guess I should have asked Holyflare "So, you're saying he is playing too badly to be mafia?"

He said in that post that it's likely that he's either bad at thinking and town or bad at thinking and mafia, meaning it's likely he could be either town or mafia. So no, he didn't say that.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
December 16 2014 00:54 GMT
#3512
On December 16 2014 09:41 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2014 09:35 Tubesock wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:33 Holyflare wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:30 Tubesock wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:27 Holyflare wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:25 Tubesock wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:12 Holyflare wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:11 rsoultin wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:06 sicklucker wrote:
Actually wait it makes sense if gb is town which I think is still probably true.

The only way a mafia would mention they have a present is if a town sent it to them and they know they will be under suspicion if they dont use it.

So ok gb town ritoky mafia makes sense lets do this.


I think you are very good at not seeing all the angles. Like, for instance, how someone can just pass a present on. Deliberately obtuse or oblivious?

Anyone else curious about SL's gift for making definitive WIFOM statements at every opportunity? Or that he never, ever, ever expresses a single doubt about GB?

Paranoia, my friend, is a town trait. And you had it in spades last time I played with you.


Absolutely ridiculous assumptions all game about mass murderers/death presents /nk's /alignments yes


So, why is your vote on Ritoky for 1 scum action while Sicklucker has only done scummy or bad towny things for DAYS?

Why are we allowing that? How about we either wagon HF or Sick, if they turn town then wagon Ritoky or me tomorrow?


This is where the crux of your argument falls apart.


Not really. I've made it pretty clear that Sick is playing his role perfectly. For some reason most all of you think it's just him playing bad. He's not playing bad. I'm saying lynch him as even if he is town he isn't helping town. Lynch him. But only after you HF.


His reasoning is so terrible that i find it hard to believe that someone so intelligent and playing so "perfectly" would ever make them. It's likely he's just bad at thinking and town or bad at thinking and mafia. None of what you have said picks them apart. Only soul has just brought up something valid about sl's past game now.


So, you're saying he is too scummy to be scum?


No I'm saying his logic is too dumb to be so open and closed as scum like you are suggesting but it doesn't make him town or mafia. None of what you are saying makes any sense whatsoever. If you wanted to convince people do what rsoul said and show how he's not that stupid as town in other games and this is entirely his mafia agenda this game otherwise you are just biased and tunneled.


I need more education on the strategies of Mafia. I don't understand how after 2 full days and 2 nights why I should have ANY influence from previous meta play? I get using meta in the beginning to throw out reads but, there is just so much content in this game, what does clouding anything with previous games actually do?

I think it was even you saying that previous games meta were bullshit as the person misread you there. So, uh NOW I should be arguing meta? I'm pretty dense and stubborn if you haven't noticed, you'll have to dumb this down.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 16 2014 00:55 GMT
#3513
On December 16 2014 09:53 rsoultin wrote:
1. I've addressed GBs case on HF in-thread.
2. Not sure how I've been less than committal on you and GB. The burden of proof is on you, because I think my "commitment" has been rather obvious.
3. I said right in my Xata read that I'm not necessarily reading him as scum, just that his play is very cautious and that raised doubts.
4. I have since apologized to Tube, and even explained what I thought and where I've gone wrong with my read on SL. Not to mention I said earlier that it was meta and he was the only one I was comfortable meta-reading.

So clearly you do need to go through my filter or read the thread yourself.


He is saying that although you are scumreading us you aren't trying to convince people that we are scum. This is you being non committal.
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 16 2014 00:57 GMT
#3514
Also, rsoultin, although I've asked about what you think of xata, you've made a HUGE post on him just to say you find him null.

But you still voted him at the end of day1

Of course you tried to say that "earlier" was "day2", but I find hard to believe you turned a scumread into an easily sheep able player.
I'm adorable.
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
December 16 2014 00:57 GMT
#3515
On December 16 2014 09:54 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2014 09:51 Tubesock wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:36 The_Templar wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:35 Tubesock wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:33 Holyflare wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:30 Tubesock wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:27 Holyflare wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:25 Tubesock wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:12 Holyflare wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:11 rsoultin wrote:
[quote]

I think you are very good at not seeing all the angles. Like, for instance, how someone can just pass a present on. Deliberately obtuse or oblivious?

Anyone else curious about SL's gift for making definitive WIFOM statements at every opportunity? Or that he never, ever, ever expresses a single doubt about GB?

Paranoia, my friend, is a town trait. And you had it in spades last time I played with you.


Absolutely ridiculous assumptions all game about mass murderers/death presents /nk's /alignments yes


So, why is your vote on Ritoky for 1 scum action while Sicklucker has only done scummy or bad towny things for DAYS?

Why are we allowing that? How about we either wagon HF or Sick, if they turn town then wagon Ritoky or me tomorrow?


This is where the crux of your argument falls apart.


Not really. I've made it pretty clear that Sick is playing his role perfectly. For some reason most all of you think it's just him playing bad. He's not playing bad. I'm saying lynch him as even if he is town he isn't helping town. Lynch him. But only after you HF.


His reasoning is so terrible that i find it hard to believe that someone so intelligent and playing so "perfectly" would ever make them. It's likely he's just bad at thinking and town or bad at thinking and mafia. None of what you have said picks them apart. Only soul has just brought up something valid about sl's past game now.


So, you're saying he is too scummy to be scum?

Did you actually read the post you quoted?


Yes. If you're going to nitpick, then I guess I should have asked Holyflare "So, you're saying he is playing too badly to be mafia?"

He said in that post that it's likely that he's either bad at thinking and town or bad at thinking and mafia, meaning it's likely he could be either town or mafia. So no, he didn't say that.


In either case, Sick isn't helping town win, he's only adding confusion. So, to me whether he flips or not, he's helping mafia. Lynch him. But after HF.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
December 16 2014 00:58 GMT
#3516
On December 16 2014 09:55 GlowingBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2014 09:53 rsoultin wrote:
1. I've addressed GBs case on HF in-thread.
2. Not sure how I've been less than committal on you and GB. The burden of proof is on you, because I think my "commitment" has been rather obvious.
3. I said right in my Xata read that I'm not necessarily reading him as scum, just that his play is very cautious and that raised doubts.
4. I have since apologized to Tube, and even explained what I thought and where I've gone wrong with my read on SL. Not to mention I said earlier that it was meta and he was the only one I was comfortable meta-reading.

So clearly you do need to go through my filter or read the thread yourself.


He is saying that although you are scumreading us you aren't trying to convince people that we are scum. This is you being non committal.


Now that is quite hilarious. No worries, GB. If I haven't been coming at you enough already, you'll get your wish.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
December 16 2014 01:02 GMT
#3517
On December 16 2014 09:57 GlowingBear wrote:
Also, rsoultin, although I've asked about what you think of xata, you've made a HUGE post on him just to say you find him null.

But you still voted him at the end of day1

Of course you tried to say that "earlier" was "day2", but I find hard to believe you turned a scumread into an easily sheep able player.


I could quote my earlier post and bold the salient portions, like when I said I was trying to get him to explain his read on 27nb, and that his comments are based in logic which appeals to my need for things to make sense.

However, I won't. I'm not getting into an argument with you over minor details in a read on Xata when I have your case to build.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
December 16 2014 01:03 GMT
#3518
On December 16 2014 09:54 Tubesock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2014 09:41 Holyflare wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:35 Tubesock wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:33 Holyflare wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:30 Tubesock wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:27 Holyflare wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:25 Tubesock wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:12 Holyflare wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:11 rsoultin wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:06 sicklucker wrote:
Actually wait it makes sense if gb is town which I think is still probably true.

The only way a mafia would mention they have a present is if a town sent it to them and they know they will be under suspicion if they dont use it.

So ok gb town ritoky mafia makes sense lets do this.


I think you are very good at not seeing all the angles. Like, for instance, how someone can just pass a present on. Deliberately obtuse or oblivious?

Anyone else curious about SL's gift for making definitive WIFOM statements at every opportunity? Or that he never, ever, ever expresses a single doubt about GB?

Paranoia, my friend, is a town trait. And you had it in spades last time I played with you.


Absolutely ridiculous assumptions all game about mass murderers/death presents /nk's /alignments yes


So, why is your vote on Ritoky for 1 scum action while Sicklucker has only done scummy or bad towny things for DAYS?

Why are we allowing that? How about we either wagon HF or Sick, if they turn town then wagon Ritoky or me tomorrow?


This is where the crux of your argument falls apart.


Not really. I've made it pretty clear that Sick is playing his role perfectly. For some reason most all of you think it's just him playing bad. He's not playing bad. I'm saying lynch him as even if he is town he isn't helping town. Lynch him. But only after you HF.


His reasoning is so terrible that i find it hard to believe that someone so intelligent and playing so "perfectly" would ever make them. It's likely he's just bad at thinking and town or bad at thinking and mafia. None of what you have said picks them apart. Only soul has just brought up something valid about sl's past game now.


So, you're saying he is too scummy to be scum?


No I'm saying his logic is too dumb to be so open and closed as scum like you are suggesting but it doesn't make him town or mafia. None of what you are saying makes any sense whatsoever. If you wanted to convince people do what rsoul said and show how he's not that stupid as town in other games and this is entirely his mafia agenda this game otherwise you are just biased and tunneled.


I need more education on the strategies of Mafia. I don't understand how after 2 full days and 2 nights why I should have ANY influence from previous meta play? I get using meta in the beginning to throw out reads but, there is just so much content in this game, what does clouding anything with previous games actually do?

I think it was even you saying that previous games meta were bullshit as the person misread you there. So, uh NOW I should be arguing meta? I'm pretty dense and stubborn if you haven't noticed, you'll have to dumb this down.


You can argue meta if you can prove that meta exists which like nobody has done this game really but still made meta cases. His points are so atrocious that i do not know whether it is his normal play to make such leaps of logic so would consult other games to see if it was. If he doesn't usually play this way at all then it lends a lot of justification to what you have been saying about him. If he does usually play like this then your points that he is playing his role perfectly is moot because he normally plays town like that too.

I just made the assumption that he was just silly and ignorant and doesn't really ever think things through because he wasn't being very intelligent which doesn't really make him an alignment. This made your case seem impossible and thus i largely ignored all of what you were saying about him.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 16 2014 01:04 GMT
#3519
On December 16 2014 09:58 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2014 09:55 GlowingBear wrote:
On December 16 2014 09:53 rsoultin wrote:
1. I've addressed GBs case on HF in-thread.
2. Not sure how I've been less than committal on you and GB. The burden of proof is on you, because I think my "commitment" has been rather obvious.
3. I said right in my Xata read that I'm not necessarily reading him as scum, just that his play is very cautious and that raised doubts.
4. I have since apologized to Tube, and even explained what I thought and where I've gone wrong with my read on SL. Not to mention I said earlier that it was meta and he was the only one I was comfortable meta-reading.

So clearly you do need to go through my filter or read the thread yourself.


He is saying that although you are scumreading us you aren't trying to convince people that we are scum. This is you being non committal.


Now that is quite hilarious. No worries, GB. If I haven't been coming at you enough already, you'll get your wish.


You don't get it. You are pushing me. You are asking me questions. You are inquiring me. But you're making nothing with it. You're voting me? Awesome. You can't lynch me with only your vote. Youre not trying to convince others to place their votes on me. You see, you're the only one voting me. You aren't trying to get others voting me.

So you may be trying to look committal, but you aren't, because you aren't really trying to get me lynched.
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 16 2014 01:07 GMT
#3520
On December 16 2014 10:02 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2014 09:57 GlowingBear wrote:
Also, rsoultin, although I've asked about what you think of xata, you've made a HUGE post on him just to say you find him null.

But you still voted him at the end of day1

Of course you tried to say that "earlier" was "day2", but I find hard to believe you turned a scumread into an easily sheep able player.


I could quote my earlier post and bold the salient portions, like when I said I was trying to get him to explain his read on 27nb, and that his comments are based in logic which appeals to my need for things to make sense.

However, I won't. I'm not getting into an argument with you over minor details in a read on Xata when I have your case to build.


A pressure vote is never stuck in a final vote count. Never.
This argument of yours is invalid.

Can you quote a post of his where do you think it's sheep able, where there is this solid logic you're saying?
I'm adorable.
Prev 1 174 175 176 177 178 265 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4550
Shuttle 1806
Leta 1691
BeSt 397
Soulkey 191
Soma 147
sorry 55
ZergMaN 31
Shine 23
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm164
League of Legends
JimRising 593
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King60
Other Games
summit1g8611
WinterStarcraft681
Sick199
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV232
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2287
League of Legends
• Rush1394
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 26m
Patches Events
7h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 26m
OSC
15h 26m
OSC
1d 4h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.