• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:09
CEST 14:09
KST 21:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202618Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in ShieldBattery Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10722 users

Student Mafia IV (New/Newish Players Welcome) - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 12 Next All
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 28 2014 17:26 GMT
#1017
On November 29 2014 02:14 batsnacks wrote:
HTS you said meat has contributed slightly more than slam.

So why is it bats, meant, kush and not bats, slam, kush?


Slam to me is pure policy - policy lurker means I cannot get a read on him. I am not in any way saying Slam is scum. Slam is null.

I put priority on people with scumlike behaviour over people who are pure policy lynch.

The content that Meat has posted and the manner in which he did not is not fully supported. If you look at the long post he did when giving reads some of it is on shaky ground.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 28 2014 18:05 GMT
#1026
On November 29 2014 02:33 rsoultin wrote:
Um, HTS...

You just answered your own question. How someone can be a policy lynch and a scum lynch at the same time. Wtf lol. At least if you keep questioning why meat is a policy lynch. Am I misunderstanding your posts or something?


I think you have. Meat isn't a policy lynch yet. I am saying scum based on what he posted before he disappeared. Meat is not a policy, Alakaslam is, and I think might be edging closer to a modkill.

What I am questioning is Kush's justification for calling DSMI a policy lynch when he'd posted more recently (to Kush's voting him) and a scum lynch. He used "doubles" as the explanation. Am I making sense now?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 28 2014 18:10 GMT
#1028
EBWOP - Rewording my last sentence for clarity.

Rsoultin, what I am questioning is Kush's justification for calling DSMI a policy lynch AND a scum lynch, when DSMI had posted more recently (to Kush's voting him). He used "doubles" as the explanation. Am I making sense now?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 29 2014 00:28 GMT
#1081
Lightning, I'm in the same boat. My previous games of mafia (or werewolf in some cases) people weren't quite as involved, not as serious. Also the first time I've played with the majority contingent in a different timezone, but I've not found that to be a problem.

To add to rsoultin's list, along the lines of #1, I also look for whether a claim can be supported. The person making a claim should be able to support it, although that person doesn't always have to be quoting support every time. If you cannot follow the logic or find reasonable backup, ask away. If they fail #2, you're probably onto something.

The only hazard with #4 is that whilst it's a good measure for yourself, you need to be wary if someone else says "this is forgettable", especially if it's an accusation against them.

All else said, Hopeless, welcome to the show.


The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 29 2014 00:30 GMT
#1082
Also Lightning, can you describe what you perceive to be the scumlike behaviour for Batsnacks, given your revised list?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 29 2014 13:18 GMT
#1115
On November 29 2014 06:39 rsoultin wrote:
1. People who aren't consistent. You ask them a question and it doesn't match up with their previous posts.
2. People dodging questions entirely even after they're asked multiple times.
3. People who breeze in, post some, then disappear again.
4. People who seem to be posting a lot yet I can't remember what they actually said, because that means their posts had no new or significant substance to them.


Neither individual is helping the town agenda (both have promoted policy votes over scum votes for example).
Looking at both Bats and Kush (as my current vote is on Bats) and using the above as a checklist for Kush:

#1 - Check. I had pointed out the D1 argument on page 51, but why does Kush expect any of us to think that D1 makes him a townie? Reads with the exception of the one Kush did on his phone have been weak/unsupported. Bats' voting D1 was a problem, but the gap between voting Damdred and then jumping to DSMI is even worse given the arguments he used to try and sell that vote. He pushed that vote well before Damdred did.

#2 - Check. Bats has dodged questions from three people this game (Oats, Breshke, myself). Kush isn't saying much of anything to begin with, but he dodged Oats on the Damdred read.

#3 - Check. Kush is way more sporadic than Bats, Thanksgiving is forgiveable, but afterwards, even Bats hasn't afked.

#4 - Check. At least I remember Bats for being overly defensive. Kush's filter on the other hand, I have had to filter dive three times in the last 12 hours.

I'd say he's topped Bats in the scum category.

##unvote
##vote kushm4sta



The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 29 2014 13:22 GMT
#1116
Meat, welcome back. I went through your D1 and D2 reads.

Can you explain what made you conclude Oats as townie? I'm not disputing it but want to see your thought process. You previously said this:

Some defensive posting. seems to say a lot without saying a lot.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 29 2014 14:13 GMT
#1117
EBWOP - checklist post. #2 should be borderline but still overall, more scum than Bats. Bats has been dodging more.
Updated reads after more filtering: SL and Breshke for sure town. Pretty confident about Rasputin too. SL been erratic at times but generally he appears town aligned.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 29 2014 16:01 GMT
#1121
Oats, I had drawn a few conclusions before I went to bed last night. I pointed to the inconsistency in Kush's D1 post when I made my top three scrum reads with Kush being one of them. I had bought in to Kushs argument based on the urgency from DSMI. After DSMI was proven town, I revisited his post and made the comparisons.

As for the overexplained part, I am making sure I can follow the logic used by others to go after Kush. I might not be the first one posting here but I failed to probe harder when Kush made his pitch for DSMI. I did not want to make the same mistake again for a vote on Kush. I spent more time filter diving for a reason.

I am scrum hunting and checking what is already being put out is right.

Which is why I used the above checklist as a guide. Does this make sense?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 29 2014 16:05 GMT
#1123
EBWOP - Autocorrected. Should be scum hunting.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 29 2014 16:24 GMT
#1129
Damdred, you used meta to discredit Trfel's case against Bats and you're using the same rationale in defence of Bats?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 29 2014 16:39 GMT
#1136
Damdred: Because your rationale (or use of meta) is inconsistent. My rationale for going after both was not without checking each of their reasons for voting the way they did. My methods weren't flawless but they have been consistent.

If I posted with no explanation, then you have a case.

Oats: It is equally probable that Kush is staying low to make you think he's not scum.



The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 29 2014 16:54 GMT
#1142
[B]On November 30 2014 01:43 Oatsmaster wrote:

completely untrue.
You know what, im gonna stay on this just because half the sky takes no personal responsibility towards his voting and actions.
[/QUOTE]

Wrong. LightningStrike pushed me earlier on why I drove the push for DMSI. I took responsibility for voting him, absolutely but I explained my rationale for doing so.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 29 2014 16:57 GMT
#1144
EBWOP - quote messed up, code fail

On November 30 2014 01:43 Oatsmaster wrote:
completely untrue.
You know what, im gonna stay on this just because half the sky takes no personal responsibility towards his voting and actions.


Wrong. LightningStrike pushed me earlier why I drove the push for DMSI. I took responsibility for voting him, absolutely but I explained my rationale for doing so. [/QUOTE]
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 29 2014 17:04 GMT
#1146
Damdred: What I'm trying to say is that you can't say someone cannot use meta and then use it yourself. If you want to agree to disagree that is fine.
Meta arguments either way hold nothing to me personally but that is besides the point.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 29 2014 17:22 GMT
#1151
Kush, two questions.

1 Why are you scumlisting Breshke? He claimed he was hit with RB. Are you counterclaiming? Has anyone?
2 Why are you scumlisting someone who has just entered the game? (Hopeless)

Alakaslam in my eyes was a pure policy lynch. And you said it yourself to me when you brought up DSMI. What prompted the change?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 29 2014 19:58 GMT
#1186
On November 30 2014 03:34 Damdred wrote:
Hopeless is correct everyone afk with votes everywhere sucks, Kush shouldn't be the lynch today we need to hash this out


Damdred, it is not only the AFKs that are a problem. The criteria for calling scumlike behaviour is quite variable here and that's not helped by the fact with 50% newer players in the pack. I've seen at least two situations now where people agreed on a specific thing that was going on, but reaching different conclusions. For example, Hopeless being just in here but suggesting as scum and others said null. Second, to use something from my end, I see overly defensive behaviour (especially without any support bed it) as scumlike. Why are people acting like they have something to hide? But others are saying this doesn't suffice.

That's why I picked up on Rasputins list, remove any flaws in my own thinking. Because I was already wrong once.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 29 2014 20:17 GMT
#1189
On November 30 2014 05:07 Damdred wrote:
Are you that convinced that Kush is scum hts?


Damdred, yes. Yes I am.

The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 29 2014 20:57 GMT
#1207
On November 30 2014 05:20 Damdred wrote:
Explain to me why?


Let's talk criteria. Here we go. I want to make sure you understand where I'm coming from here.

1 Gaps in posting/support

- First we have the vote on DSMI. When he first listed his reads, he was on his phone, so he was brief, fine. But I'm surprised to not see further extended support/followup for his reads. He called out the following - LS, Rasputin, Oats, and you. There was no followup for LS and Rasputin, and none regarding you, even though Oats, questioned it (see #2)

- Because there was no followup, it appeared a massive gap between how we went from voting you to voting DSMI on what appeared to be weaker evidence from him - namely nitpicking.

- If Kush used "nitpicking" to vote DSMI, why not vote Oats, who was also guilty of nitpicking?

- His defence of Bats was that reads on d1 are poor (or fluid as he said), and that other people haven't been giving reads. Then he admits that "others have been worse" but somehow, before, he had a "stronger read" on you about your shit pushes. To me something doesn't add up.

- Why did I buy into Kush's post? Because of 1) urgency on DSMI's part posting and 2) filtering DSMI's comments relative to others. I didn't take Kush at face value. I checked before I changed votes.

- Kush pushed the vote before you did on DSMI.

- To extend on the D1 argument, it also doesn't make sense to me that he would say D1 is fluid and then expect us to say that D1 proves him innocent. As in we are good enough to read him as town from D1 actions. If that was a troll comment, see #5.

- Conclusion - There are enough gaps and contradictions here, and I revisited Kush's post because he sold me an argument that proved wrong. Urgency was wrong - he flipped town. So I looked closer at the other points I was sold.

2 Dodging questions

- He dodged Oats asking him about the Damdred read. I think he might have dodged one more in there, but I stopped at page 27 when I was double checking that.

3 AFK issue

- He admitted this. Bad as alakaslam, no but taking it at face value, it appeared a huge cop-out, particularly with the D1 argument. We're past Thanksgiving.

4 Forgettable

- As I said before, I recall Bats' filter more than his, although Bats' filter was 2x as much, so there's that.

5 Spam/trolling

- This is applicable more to Bats than Kush, although Kush had a few of these as well. But I find spam/trolling/etc a problem because it just makes it more difficult for the town. There's more to weed through. Scum would want to make it difficult for the town. I won't speak for others but it's not always easy to tell who is trolling/serious/not serious etc when I'm reading this stuff.

- Again as I said before, meta holds nothing to me. If you think I'm taking someone too seriously, call me on it. I took Breskhe too seriously early on, and I stood corrected.

Kush, if you want to answer these, I'm all ears.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 29 2014 21:03 GMT
#1211
On November 30 2014 05:58 batsnacks wrote:
It was scummy. omgusing is usually scummy.


The bolded word means???
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko281
LamboSC2 213
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24732
Calm 5990
Rain 1977
Bisu 1278
FanTaSy 992
Horang2 509
Jaedong 490
Rush 349
BeSt 316
Soma 252
[ Show more ]
Stork 223
Zeus 199
Mini 177
Light 115
Larva 110
Free 108
Snow 93
ZerO 90
Mong 88
Pusan 80
Barracks 77
Mind 73
910 69
Killer 46
Hyun 41
ToSsGirL 36
NaDa 27
Shinee 26
Bale 24
Sexy 24
Hm[arnc] 20
Noble 15
sorry 15
Terrorterran 12
Aegong 10
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7145
Counter-Strike
fl0m2349
olofmeister966
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King88
Other Games
gofns30481
singsing1778
B2W.Neo619
dupreeh392
crisheroes268
hiko12
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2805
• Nemesis2100
Other Games
• WagamamaTV171
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 52m
Big Brain Bouts
21h 52m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.