• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:34
CEST 17:34
KST 00:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9012 users

Season of the Witch Mafia - Page 72

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 70 71 72 73 74 105 Next
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 10 2014 07:22 GMT
#1421
On September 10 2014 16:20 geript wrote:
No good reason. It's play it's feel. The games I've played or read where Koshi was mafia he always felt a little off. Do you really think he townreads me as mafia and votes to get me the grail? I'm like a super easy person to get a mislynch on. He's a good player and can easily get the grail himself. He looked like he was actually happy having fun and being productive. I don't generally see those things from Koshi when he's mafia.

Koshi didn't do anything on D1 except for his case on gobbly.
Koshi wanted a lynch and then didn't vote to lynch anyone..

Show me some posts where he looked happy and productive (besides gobbly case).
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 10 2014 07:22 GMT
#1422
On September 10 2014 16:21 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2014 16:20 raynpelikoneet wrote:
For the record even if Koshi WAS the Acolyte mafia would not know that.

What other role do you claim as mafia then?

cop or Rov.
table for two on a tv tray
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 07:23 GMT
#1423
Rov?
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 10 2014 07:23 GMT
#1424
EBWOP: Rov = Oracle.

geript tell me why claiming Acolyte is better than claiming the cop on D2?
table for two on a tv tray
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 07:28 GMT
#1425
On September 04 2014 08:24 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 08:15 geript wrote:
BTW, I'm pretty happy lynching gobblygook whenever his turn comes around. Koshi on a scale of 1 to Rock Hard, how big is your hardon for lynching gobblygook and why.

my penis only goes from a scale of 10 to Rock Hard.


On September 05 2014 02:18 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2014 02:13 Oatsmaster wrote:
On September 05 2014 01:54 Koshi wrote:
It's the new and improved me.
Mass posting is terrible for me because I get insanely caught within the thread. I need to be able to take a step back and look at the thread without bias.

It's much better for my reads.

I just need people to do the legwork for me.

The tone this whole game is either super serious or fake happy.
Lynch this shit man.


Koshi, show us a town game where you played the same way.

Koshi: "It is the new me"
Oats: "Show me where you did it before"

ok Oats. ok.


On September 05 2014 04:23 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2014 03:14 geript wrote:
On September 04 2014 20:39 Koshi wrote:
I think I am ok with the following people. Just based on their posts.
•Oatsmaster only because ritoky
•gobbledydook
•IAmRobik
•geript
•slOosh
•ritoky

I've been thinking about this, but can you explain the Oats, Gobbly and Robik reads.

Back then the bottom 4 seemed to be the driving force behind the thread progression. The ritoky syncing with Oats made me think Oats was a bad lynch as well.


On September 05 2014 04:56 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2014 04:50 LoneMeow wrote:
On September 05 2014 04:46 Koshi wrote:
On September 05 2014 04:41 LoneMeow wrote:
On September 04 2014 22:00 gobbledydook wrote:
On September 04 2014 21:39 Koshi wrote:
gobbledydook, what is your read on yamato?


He's scum. He had better have a good reason to explain his posting or I'm voting the shit out of him. As I said he has the time to come into the thread to say koshi is scum without any explanation, but doesn't actually bother to do anything constructive. One can only presume he's wasting our time.


Please go check Guilty Mini Mafia - he was town. Would you agree that his play here looks somewhat similar to his early play in that? Does that affect your read on him?

How does his play look the same? Yamato made 2 posts saying I am scum in 24 hours.


Similar in the sense that he doesn't really give much real reasoning in that either. It's a little more verbose than this game, I'll admit that, but at least for me it gives enough doubt that I can not call him scum for the play he's displayed so far.

Calling him scum is ridiculous. Calling him town is ridiculous. But defending him is completely ridiculous which I feel you are doing here. Are you?


Look at how he approached things. The penis joke is easy to make no problem. There's a slight ascerbic wit that I see here that is one touch playful and one touch serious. It's nothing quite specific. Plus he's actually looking at things from a variety of perspectives.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 07:30 GMT
#1426
On September 05 2014 20:43 Koshi wrote:
LM/HaruRH/gobble


for endgame cred.

Also for the record, this is a bit silly, but I think when he's mafia he generally posts 2-3 lists in red whereas as town he tends to post fewer. This might not actually be correct, but I remember that thinking that about him for some reason when I read filter dove him after some other random previous game.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 07:31 GMT
#1427
On September 10 2014 16:23 raynpelikoneet wrote:
EBWOP: Rov = Oracle.

geript tell me why claiming Acolyte is better than claiming the cop on D2?

There's not. You should never claim acolyte in this setup unless you are counterclaiming a cop.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 10 2014 07:32 GMT
#1428
The last post you quoted we read the exact opposite way.
Other posts are just lol.

can you answer my other questions to you?
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 10 2014 07:33 GMT
#1429
On September 10 2014 16:31 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2014 16:23 raynpelikoneet wrote:
EBWOP: Rov = Oracle.

geript tell me why claiming Acolyte is better than claiming the cop on D2?

There's not. You should never claim acolyte in this setup unless you are counterclaiming a cop.

so you do not think the correct play for mafia!Sylencia is to fakeclaim Acolyte and you say he is scum because he fakeclaimed Acolyte?!?!?

what the fuck?
table for two on a tv tray
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 07:49 GMT
#1430
On September 09 2014 16:28 Sylencia wrote:
LM: Voting for the person I find my personal top scum read especially early on the day is in no way scummy - sloosh is 2nd on my list but I've been saying it since yesterday that I find geript to be the most scummy. If sloosh is worse in other's eyes and people want him dead, naturally I'm willing to switch.

Anyways if you guys are going to vote for me I can very easily claim, since I'd rather take the bullet tonight than have a better role die, and if I do survive it's still a win for town considering it's still more or less a confirmed townie. In addition, because of the fact the necromancer only knowing of the role of someone still alive, it'd be impossible to fake claim the role which was discovered because that person is still alive and able to CC.

Rayn: will respond to you when i get home, since I'm leaving work now


On September 09 2014 17:43 Sylencia wrote:
Plz geript I know you want to soup but I'm still on the train, so you'll have to wait. Unfortunately for you though I've been sitting on this train for an hour know and it's not looking like I'm getting home any time soon =(!

On September 09 2014 20:19 Sylencia wrote:
Anyways:

Claim or die geript?

Show nested quote +
On September 09 2014 18:34 geript wrote:
There's no role he could have that he'd consider claiming period. Like there's no point.

Acolyte isn't a role you ever claim.


Nah the brilliant part is that I didn't read who was the Inquisitor until now (to prevent myself from giving away information consciously or unconsciously) so that if the time came I would be able to role claim safely. On that note, our inquisitor is still alive and well.

Alive or dead, I don't care but to me it's up to the scum team to decide what happens during the night. What goes down N2 is probably the most telling thing in terms of the scum that are left.

"Why would you not read it when you first got it, other than the fact you'd be doing this to role claim later because that seems like horrible play?"
- Keeps me from being too biased given my knowledge of the inquisitor (too sheepy etc)
- Mathematically only a 1/12 chance of the inquisitor being lynched. Given that town players also act less scummy in general, that chance of being lynched decreases. This helps me justify not looking at it.
- If they died N1, I'd check. Given we know the martyr died, there was no need. I was going to hold on to whether or not I'd read it for another 12 hours because the final 24 hours of the day are always more important but yeah, since I have 3-4 votes on me my hand was kind of forced.


In the first post, he wants to take a bullet to save a better role. The problem is that by claiming not only does he not help protect any better role, he actually makes it FAR FAR easier to find said better role.

Then look at the next couple of posts. Does Sylencia think I'm town whatsoever? No. He's voting me; he's pushing me, etc. If he thinks I'm mafia, why wouldn't he just tell me to go fuck myself? If I'm mafia, I have literally 0 recourse toward making good on my threat of "claim or die." But despite the fact that he's sure I'm mafia, when presented with claim or die from his biggest scumread, he CHOOSES to acquiesce and claim. Why? So I could soup him? It's not like I could Judge him if I'm mafia. It's not like I could Grandier him if I'm mafia. It's not like I could Crusader him if I'm mafia. What threat am I posing to him if he's town and is sure I'm mafia?

If he's town, what is the value that he actually sees in claiming? Why does he think that claiming Acolyte is an instant get out of jail free card? It's not a role you can ever afford to confirm (in 99% of cases obviously).

Let's also look at what Mafia can do. They can have a pretty good guess as to who the Inquisitor on D2 is if they're reasonably intelligent. That can lead back to the Acolyte as well (it goes both ways). Like if I were mafia, I would be in such a huge advantage. The mafia aren't players who've played this setup before.

Also, if you read the rules, you'd know that claiming Martyr was a fucking terrible play.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 07:50 GMT
#1431
On September 10 2014 16:22 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2014 16:21 geript wrote:
On September 10 2014 16:20 raynpelikoneet wrote:
For the record even if Koshi WAS the Acolyte mafia would not know that.

What other role do you claim as mafia then?

cop or Rov.

Cop can be CC'd by 2 people at least 1 of which is, well was, assured to be alive.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 07:52 GMT
#1432
I think fakeclaiming Acolyte is fine play; it potentially gives you a day or more and in the least gives you a huge advantage in figure out the roles. Acolyte leads to cop; period. Forcing a CC helps solve the puzzle. How he did it is fucking terrible. I dont' think it's ever correct for the Town!Acolyte to claim UNLESS they are counterclaiming a cop claim or another Acolyte claim (the latter depends on if you can push his lynch without claiming). How soup works in this setup makes claiming any role far, far more dangerous than at VS.

By how he did it being terrible I mean, look at the progression of posts.

Put this above the post w/ all the Syl stuff. I ahve like 8 windows open and forget where to copy/paste the shit.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 07:53 GMT
#1433
Also for the record, this specific setup is far more mafia favored than the VS setup. Sounds odd but the variety of little changes really matter.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 10 2014 08:15 GMT
#1434
I am lynching geript.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 10 2014 08:17 GMT
#1435
how does soup work differently than it does on VS?
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 10 2014 08:19 GMT
#1436
On September 10 2014 16:53 geript wrote:
Also for the record, this specific setup is far more mafia favored than the VS setup. Sounds odd but the variety of little changes really matter.

i agree the martyr is basically a mafia rolecop which is dumb as fuck.
table for two on a tv tray
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 08:21 GMT
#1437
On September 10 2014 17:17 raynpelikoneet wrote:
how does soup work differently than it does on VS?

As I remember it on VS, you could guess any number but any wrong guesses meant nothing went through. Here they process one at a time. So claims -> freebie plus a second guess (or wifom machine).
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 08:23 GMT
#1438
Nah, I'm remembering it wrong from VS.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 10 2014 08:23 GMT
#1439
On September 10 2014 17:21 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2014 17:17 raynpelikoneet wrote:
how does soup work differently than it does on VS?

As I remember it on VS, you could guess any number but any wrong guesses meant nothing went through. Here they process one at a time. So claims -> freebie plus a second guess (or wifom machine).

no, you are incorrect. the soup works just as on VS.

geript you have three possibilities in your next post:
1) You counter claim Sylencia if you are the real acolyte because it's the correct play and then we work from there.
2) You find someone who is scum and let go of Sylencia because you are being ridiculous right now.
3) You continue with this shit and then we lynch you because you are mafia.

Pick one.
table for two on a tv tray
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 08:38 GMT
#1440
If people refuse to lynch Sylencia, I want to lynch either Harurh or Damdred. I could be convinced to look at Oats, but if I can't get a lynch off on Syl then those are the main two I'd look at. I'm still hoping Robik was mafia though.
Prev 1 70 71 72 73 74 105 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 160
ProTech132
Rex 57
CosmosSc2 44
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39813
Calm 3549
Shuttle 2213
Jaedong 1807
Horang2 733
Mini 674
EffOrt 554
Soma 365
Stork 281
Soulkey 280
[ Show more ]
Rush 275
Larva 249
ZerO 235
BeSt 231
Snow 175
firebathero 133
Mong 113
Zeus 87
hero 73
910 72
Mind 70
Free 44
Hyun 42
Shinee 39
sorry 37
Sharp 36
Pusan 32
ToSsGirL 31
Killer 27
PianO 25
JYJ 24
Shine 22
Aegong 20
Bale 17
Sexy 16
Terrorterran 16
HiyA 14
Rock 13
scan(afreeca) 13
Hm[arnc] 12
Trap 11
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc5805
Dendi1255
420jenkins194
Counter-Strike
fl0m3213
Fnx 671
x6flipin244
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King84
ChuDatz30
Other Games
singsing2134
Liquid`RaSZi1114
hiko721
B2W.Neo638
RotterdaM439
dupreeh400
ceh9387
crisheroes309
Khaldor249
Livibee201
TKL 194
Trikslyr92
QueenE76
ZerO(Twitch)17
Dewaltoss16
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV227
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH284
• Hinosc 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2430
• WagamamaTV349
League of Legends
• Nemesis2588
• Jankos1470
Other Games
• Shiphtur740
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
26m
The PondCast
18h 26m
INu's Battles
19h 26m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.