• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:50
CEST 13:50
KST 20:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10012 users

Showdown Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
July 29 2014 16:59 GMT
#86
/in or /obs if full.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
July 30 2014 00:00 GMT
#187
On July 30 2014 08:08 Vivax wrote:

And after all, if somebody is confident enough, he will duel on his own. We should be careful after all to not become tunneled and emotional all too quickly, even though it's hard for me when confronted with HF's attempts to misrepresent my posts and paint me scum.

This is important. No stupid instant duels at dawn please - town should find some kind of consensus before.
On July 30 2014 08:10 kushm4sta wrote:
See I think, rather than an impulsive thing, duels should be forced by town consensus between the two scummiest people. That way the voting phase will mean something.

I think this makes quite some sense. Good idea.
On July 30 2014 08:15 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2014 08:10 kushm4sta wrote:
See I think, rather than an impulsive thing, duels should be forced by town consensus between the two scummiest people. That way the voting phase will mean something.
Also if both people are scummy, what's the difference of having them both up for lynch at the same time than having them up one at a time?


What if the two scummiest don't want to duel each other?

The reality of it is we should be able to pick our lynch before we even begin to duel, thereby ensuring that we get the correct lynch and that the mafia has no ability to manipulate the vote either way.

Since everybody knows I am town, I can ensure that whoever I duel will get lynched; ergo, this is the most efficient way of lynching people since there's simply no room for mafia to maneuver when the gauntlet is thrown.

If they don't want to duel each other some towny guy will have to do it but this should only really be the case if both are scum unless the scummy townie has completely different reads than everyone else.
You are really overdoing it with the confidence btw. I mean it's nice and all but the more you do it the more it looks forced especially since you know that you probably won't actually be deciding the lynch.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
July 30 2014 00:04 GMT
#189
What a surprise. Keep up the rambling then but I won't townread you for it.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
July 30 2014 00:09 GMT
#197
On July 30 2014 09:06 ObiWanShinobi wrote:


"Forced" is such an unbelievably subjective term and turning this into a, "I don't like the way you're doing things" war is just a giant waste of time.

Exactly. I personally think you are trying to look way more confident than you really are. That's my observation. If you can't respond to that then don't and we will both move on for now.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
July 30 2014 00:11 GMT
#198
Palmar, why is putting 2 scummy targets up for lynch dumb?
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
July 30 2014 00:15 GMT
#203
Oh, he did? That happens if you get in a stupid argument that early. People don't read your posts as closely as they should.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
July 30 2014 00:16 GMT
#204
On July 30 2014 09:14 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2014 09:09 justanothertownie wrote:
On July 30 2014 09:06 ObiWanShinobi wrote:


"Forced" is such an unbelievably subjective term and turning this into a, "I don't like the way you're doing things" war is just a giant waste of time.

Exactly. I personally think you are trying to look way more confident than you really are. That's my observation. If you can't respond to that then don't and we will both move on for now.


I'm not just going to let you tell people that I'm scummy for no reason and expect everything to be totally okay.

If you think I'm scummy, then pressure me. I don't like the fact that you're just going "nah I don't like this lol" and then just walking away like it never happened.

Well, you will have to live with it though. The end.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
July 30 2014 00:19 GMT
#207
On July 30 2014 08:08 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2014 08:02 kushm4sta wrote:
vivax dont you think two scummy people should duel each other, rather than 1 scummy vs 1 townie?



Mafia can cause a lot of chaos in the eventuality that two scummy people duel each other. Imagine if they both were townies. You mislynch one, and they can push the idea that people on his wagon were scummy, then maybe they mislynch the other, and so on. Besides, if mafia so wants, they can simply refuse to duel, upon which somebody has to take up the task and pick one of the two.

Seems rather unrealistical. I like the idea of having one townie guy duel somebody who is scummy, it will look one sided, but it will also be one of the opportunities where either scum shows face or has to give up on their teammate, if the target was right.

Ah, right. This post.
No shit mafia is in a great spot if 2 scummy townies duel each other. But how is it better to have a towny townie duel a scummy townie? We are just reducing the odds of hitting scum and we get next to zero information out of the vote.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
July 30 2014 00:20 GMT
#209
On July 30 2014 09:17 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2014 09:16 justanothertownie wrote:
On July 30 2014 09:14 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On July 30 2014 09:09 justanothertownie wrote:
On July 30 2014 09:06 ObiWanShinobi wrote:


"Forced" is such an unbelievably subjective term and turning this into a, "I don't like the way you're doing things" war is just a giant waste of time.

Exactly. I personally think you are trying to look way more confident than you really are. That's my observation. If you can't respond to that then don't and we will both move on for now.


I'm not just going to let you tell people that I'm scummy for no reason and expect everything to be totally okay.

If you think I'm scummy, then pressure me. I don't like the fact that you're just going "nah I don't like this lol" and then just walking away like it never happened.

Well, you will have to live with it though. The end.


Or I'll just have you lynched.

Your call.

Dude, stop it. You're scaring me.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
July 30 2014 00:26 GMT
#214
On July 30 2014 09:23 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2014 09:19 justanothertownie wrote:
On July 30 2014 08:08 Vivax wrote:
On July 30 2014 08:02 kushm4sta wrote:
vivax dont you think two scummy people should duel each other, rather than 1 scummy vs 1 townie?



Mafia can cause a lot of chaos in the eventuality that two scummy people duel each other. Imagine if they both were townies. You mislynch one, and they can push the idea that people on his wagon were scummy, then maybe they mislynch the other, and so on. Besides, if mafia so wants, they can simply refuse to duel, upon which somebody has to take up the task and pick one of the two.

Seems rather unrealistical. I like the idea of having one townie guy duel somebody who is scummy, it will look one sided, but it will also be one of the opportunities where either scum shows face or has to give up on their teammate, if the target was right.

Ah, right. This post.
No shit mafia is in a great spot if 2 scummy townies duel each other. But how is it better to have a towny townie duel a scummy townie? We are just reducing the odds of hitting scum and we get next to zero information out of the vote.

trust me bro. it sounds better in theory but it just isn't.

obi was clever because he added the point about people only wanting to duel ppl they think are mafia. if x and y are deemed scummiest but neither of them are each other's main scumread, then they just won't duel each other, and it won't really be scummy even if we try in vain to enforce the policy.

the only worthwhile thing is not to be a rash asshole.

Huh? Don't really get if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me right now.
If people don't want to duel each other we will find a solution then. Enough of the setup talk I guess. I am still pro 2 scumy guys fighting.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
July 30 2014 00:27 GMT
#215
On July 30 2014 09:23 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2014 09:11 Vivax wrote:
Whatever I shouldn't waste time arguing with scum. This can only be solved during the day.


Forgot to add that you should stop tunneling your inner koshi.

Koshi nailed you though.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
July 30 2014 00:29 GMT
#219
On July 30 2014 09:28 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2014 09:27 justanothertownie wrote:
On July 30 2014 09:23 Holyflare wrote:
On July 30 2014 09:11 Vivax wrote:
Whatever I shouldn't waste time arguing with scum. This can only be solved during the day.


Forgot to add that you should stop tunneling your inner koshi.

Koshi nailed you though.


With logic.

Doesn't matter how he did it.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
July 30 2014 00:53 GMT
#236
On July 30 2014 09:50 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2014 09:47 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On July 30 2014 09:43 Holyflare wrote:
On July 30 2014 09:41 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On July 30 2014 09:38 Holyflare wrote:
On July 30 2014 08:45 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
I think Palmar is town.

Anyone disagree?


What made you say this by the way because i got the opposite feeling till he posted his read thing.


His concern of you drowning the thread in high-quantity posting showed concern for having a good town atmosphere.

I think that's a towny thing to think. Why did you think the opposite?


Because it implies what i was doing in the thread previously was useless and is very easy to post to "show concern" as that requires no effort aka easy for mafia to do. Especially when all of his filter was spam. Hypocrisy. Either way. I think I'm going to come around to his ritoky read.


I don't see how that implies anything. You are, by nature, an incredibly high-volume, high-activity poster. Why is it that his concern for the number of your posts is a bad thing? I understand that that post could be replicated by a mafia, but I don't get why you don't put any stock into it.


Palmar is good at mafia. I'm a high volume poster in every game. This is the first time he's ever made a post like that so it's different and very odd as he's only said it now in a game where he's guilty of spamming himself.

Palmar is spamming? I don't think so. And his request is reasonable. Do you think it makes him scum?
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
July 30 2014 00:59 GMT
#238
On July 30 2014 09:56 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2014 09:53 justanothertownie wrote:
On July 30 2014 09:50 Holyflare wrote:
On July 30 2014 09:47 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On July 30 2014 09:43 Holyflare wrote:
On July 30 2014 09:41 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On July 30 2014 09:38 Holyflare wrote:
On July 30 2014 08:45 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
I think Palmar is town.

Anyone disagree?


What made you say this by the way because i got the opposite feeling till he posted his read thing.


His concern of you drowning the thread in high-quantity posting showed concern for having a good town atmosphere.

I think that's a towny thing to think. Why did you think the opposite?


Because it implies what i was doing in the thread previously was useless and is very easy to post to "show concern" as that requires no effort aka easy for mafia to do. Especially when all of his filter was spam. Hypocrisy. Either way. I think I'm going to come around to his ritoky read.


I don't see how that implies anything. You are, by nature, an incredibly high-volume, high-activity poster. Why is it that his concern for the number of your posts is a bad thing? I understand that that post could be replicated by a mafia, but I don't get why you don't put any stock into it.


Palmar is good at mafia. I'm a high volume poster in every game. This is the first time he's ever made a post like that so it's different and very odd as he's only said it now in a game where he's guilty of spamming himself.

Palmar is spamming? I don't think so. And his request is reasonable. Do you think it makes him scum?


Spam as in contentless posts. When he posted that all he had said was holyflare is 100% mafia (in which case why would he make the post asking me not to spam?) and useless afking. So it should have been suspicious to a lot of people. Really though i just wanted cav to expand on his reasoning for things because i like when people give reasons. (palmars read post turned me around on him)

Ok, whatever. Carry on.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
July 30 2014 02:21 GMT
#271
On July 30 2014 10:52 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2014 10:26 kushm4sta wrote:
palmar why is jat town? not trying to get a read on you palmar just curious abvout jat because he was looking sorta scummy to me.


All he's done is say that obi is confident which = town (extrapolating on my part) and then say that this confidence if continued is probably forced. That's really it and a very odd sentiment to come into the thread with (when cav hadn't really done much more since then)

Don't you think that if someone feels the need to say he is the towniest town ever and will decide the lynch in almost every post he makes it looks like he is overcompensating? Maybe he is town who knows at this point but even if he is I have trouble buying this level of confidence. And since I think he knows that we won't all blindly follow him it really serves no purpose apart from getting people to townread him. Anyways...
On July 30 2014 11:05 Damdred wrote:
I know its been talked about a little bit but I agree with that it should be a confident townie against his top scum read. Its to easy sometimes when two people you think look scummy to tunnel them both and just not see whats going on besides that.

What is this paragraph even supposed to say? Explain please.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
July 30 2014 02:27 GMT
#280
On July 30 2014 11:24 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2014 11:21 justanothertownie wrote:
On July 30 2014 10:52 Holyflare wrote:
On July 30 2014 10:26 kushm4sta wrote:
palmar why is jat town? not trying to get a read on you palmar just curious abvout jat because he was looking sorta scummy to me.


All he's done is say that obi is confident which = town (extrapolating on my part) and then say that this confidence if continued is probably forced. That's really it and a very odd sentiment to come into the thread with (when cav hadn't really done much more since then)

Don't you think that if someone feels the need to say he is the towniest town ever and will decide the lynch in almost every post he makes it looks like he is overcompensating? Maybe he is town who knows at this point but even if he is I have trouble buying this level of confidence. And since I think he knows that we won't all blindly follow him it really serves no purpose apart from getting people to townread him. Anyways...
On July 30 2014 11:05 Damdred wrote:
I know its been talked about a little bit but I agree with that it should be a confident townie against his top scum read. Its to easy sometimes when two people you think look scummy to tunnel them both and just not see whats going on besides that.

What is this paragraph even supposed to say? Explain please.


Did you read world cup though x_x? A game where cav was actually mafia and was pretty... I dunno.. Blendy/scared.

No, I didn't.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
July 30 2014 02:31 GMT
#287
On July 30 2014 11:28 Holyflare wrote:
Well do it.

Also bat if you duel straight away and claim cop i would still lynch you because that's how silly it is.

It is almost 5 am dude. No way I am doing this right now - i will go to bed instead.
Watch out for this Damdred guy. Both posts he made somehow look awful to me.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
July 30 2014 02:33 GMT
#289
On July 30 2014 11:30 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2014 11:21 justanothertownie wrote:
On July 30 2014 10:52 Holyflare wrote:
On July 30 2014 10:26 kushm4sta wrote:
palmar why is jat town? not trying to get a read on you palmar just curious abvout jat because he was looking sorta scummy to me.


All he's done is say that obi is confident which = town (extrapolating on my part) and then say that this confidence if continued is probably forced. That's really it and a very odd sentiment to come into the thread with (when cav hadn't really done much more since then)

Don't you think that if someone feels the need to say he is the towniest town ever and will decide the lynch in almost every post he makes it looks like he is overcompensating? Maybe he is town who knows at this point but even if he is I have trouble buying this level of confidence. And since I think he knows that we won't all blindly follow him it really serves no purpose apart from getting people to townread him. Anyways...
On July 30 2014 11:05 Damdred wrote:
I know its been talked about a little bit but I agree with that it should be a confident townie against his top scum read. Its to easy sometimes when two people you think look scummy to tunnel them both and just not see whats going on besides that.

What is this paragraph even supposed to say? Explain please.


And yea my post wasn't as clear as I would want it to be. I would rather someone who is confident take on someone who is their top scum read than the thread pressure two people who they think are the scummiest into dueling. It is very easy for low fruit to be pushed into dueling each other and getting mislynched and the town not learning much from it.

And it is less easy to just duel a low fruit? What is your point?
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
July 30 2014 02:37 GMT
#293
On July 30 2014 11:35 slOosh wrote:
Maybe he is high off vigging scum from Titanic. Who knows.

Anyhows at this point I'm still feel goods about Palmar's list for reasons I mentioned earlier.

Anyone feel not so good about anyone who has posted thus far?

Take a look at damdred. Am I wrong or does it look like he is just saying things for the sake of having said something?
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
July 30 2014 02:39 GMT
#297
On July 30 2014 11:38 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
I don't know.

For some reason I always feel like I can try to talk some sense into you, but you always shove your head up your ass instead.

Whatever.

Ok, ok. Maybe this guy is town.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV370
Rex77
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko395
ProTech129
Rex 77
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31298
Hyuk 1063
Soma 1057
Jaedong 693
actioN 617
Larva 418
Horang2 400
Soulkey 350
BeSt 295
Mini 246
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 213
910 213
Stork 211
Light 188
Snow 183
Last 162
ggaemo 97
Pusan 91
ZerO 86
Rush 75
Killer 53
Mind 48
Yoon 47
Mong 40
Creator 40
hero 38
Shinee 32
Bale 28
Sharp 22
sorry 17
HiyA 16
yabsab 15
Sacsri 12
Noble 11
Free 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7508
Dendi345
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1535
markeloff89
kRYSTAL_51
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2777
Khaldor956
Other Games
gofns32665
singsing1599
B2W.Neo327
XBOCT295
Pyrionflax262
DeMusliM227
Mew2King95
ArmadaUGS60
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream166
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH322
• StrangeGG 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1322
Other Games
• WagamamaTV166
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 10m
The PondCast
22h 10m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.