• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:49
CEST 08:49
KST 15:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8662 users

You Only Shoot Once Mafia - Page 103

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 101 102 103 104 105 120 Next
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 15 2014 22:47 GMT
#2041
I am also down to lynch scumshoe. I don't know his scumgame but if it also looks like this he can die in a fire as far as I am concerned. At least poofter is playing the game again.
But as you said poofter didn't address the real problems here. It is not the shot on koshi.

Banks. Look at marvs accusation, look at what we discussed recently. A main point for me is your behaviour towards Ace. You listed him as scumread but never pushed him. You did not vote him despite me pushing him 2 days ago but you DID vote gumshoe who had not returned prior to that. People who list mafia as secondary scumreads are very often mafia themselves.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 15 2014 22:49 GMT
#2042
tbh i'm finding it hard to envisage a situation where i/we don't just lynch them one after the other regardless of their alignments :/
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Tehpoofter
Profile Joined October 2013
United States2911 Posts
May 15 2014 22:51 GMT
#2043
On May 16 2014 07:29 marvellosity wrote:
I'm going to vote gumshoe or you, poof. I'm not voting VA today.

Actually the Koshi shot is kinda a trivial part of why I think you're mafia. I kinda explained how i felt the evolution of your reads on me/ace/VE weren't natural, how you never went for Ace even though I'd made scum-cases on two of your scumtargets (ace/VE) and yet you called me mafia. I find that hard to get over.

Even though I don't think anything you've written is massively townie just now, I'm tempted just to kill gumshoe after all, even though I've been hardpushing your lynch.

The thing is, right, I find it practically impossible that you and gumshoe are both town, and therefore the push on Vayne feels... not correct to me.

Dunno how other people feel but I could maybe vote gumshoe after all. Or I could leave my vote on poofter.

What does everyone else think?



Fair enough I know that other people had addressed the shot. The day you subbed in I had VE/prphlz/Ace as my biggest scum reads I think (I might be getting my days mixed up) I was calling for one of Caller/Ace to get shot that day but it was the first day he actually played which was... odd. I wasn't sure what to make of it but I felt he was a good shot for Jat so saying I wasn't pushing against him is false. VE came out with somtehing that I explained in a previous post that made me think he was really townie and that left me to you and I really thought that the way the no lynch day happened it looked like you were very much likely to be scum BUT not with Ace. Since Ace flipped scum yesterday that makes you town to me.

Can you explain exactly what was unnatural I'd like to clear that up because as far as I'm concerned if we lynch Gum/Va/Palmer in any order I don't see us losing the game. Basically I just need everyone to read me as town and its auto (only hang up would be WoS)

Like if you're only lynching between me and gum is it! I know I'm town and as I detailed earlier he is likely to be with the others as neither voted him the day that we were CFD off Marv and onto Gum. OMG I just looked at this. The day we went onto gum the only ones not voting were Slam (out of posts) Marv, Ace confirmed scum, gum for obvious reasons, VA/Palmer. + Show Spoiler +
On May 10 2014 12:01 Hapahauli wrote:
Vote Count:


Ace (1) - Alakaslam, Caller, Marvellosity, justanothertownie
WaveofShadow (0) - Palmar
VisceraEyes (0) - Marvellosity, WaveofShadow, Alakaslam
Marvellosity (1) - VisceraEyes, Ace, Caller (dead), Palmar, tehpoofter
Palmar (1) - Alakaslam
gumshoe (5) - WaveofShadow, austinmcc, justanothertownie, tehpoofter, VisceraEyes
tehpoofter (2) - Vayneauthority, Palmar
vayneauthority (1) - gumshoe

Day ends in . There are 11 players alive, and it takes 6 to lynch.
This to me seems like it might have been a Palmer/VA/Gum team. Shit you really can't lynch me today this could be 5-3. Like I'll vote them all but look at how this vote fell and who is on which wagon!!!
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 15 2014 22:53 GMT
#2044
Yeah, probably... I mean I don't want to lose to scum gumshoe if he is playing this way. That would kinda suck. But poofter you will have to be convincing if you want to make a switch happen today. And it won't be on VA it seems.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 15 2014 22:57 GMT
#2045
because I made cases on both your other scumreads and you ended up voting for me and not for Ace. You basically totally ignored the Ace thing. It looks terrible. Like, you didn't explore the option that I was town and ace was mafia on that day, even though I was pushing Ace quite hard - I got nothing from you even though Ace was one of your scumsuspects. Bleh.

Although Vayne forcing a nolynch on gumshoe is shit. Palmar is excused because the gumshoe wagon happened at like 4am his time or something.

V v tempting to lynch gumshoe simply because you're at least trying though.Would like input from others.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Tehpoofter
Profile Joined October 2013
United States2911 Posts
May 15 2014 22:57 GMT
#2046
On May 16 2014 07:47 justanothertownie wrote:
I am also down to lynch scumshoe. I don't know his scumgame but if it also looks like this he can die in a fire as far as I am concerned. At least poofter is playing the game again.
But as you said poofter didn't address the real problems here. It is not the shot on koshi.

Banks. Look at marvs accusation, look at what we discussed recently. A main point for me is your behaviour towards Ace. You listed him as scumread but never pushed him. You did not vote him despite me pushing him 2 days ago but you DID vote gumshoe who had not returned prior to that. People who list mafia as secondary scumreads are very often mafia themselves.



I understand JAT and part of it is reputation for me. I honestly thought that ACE would be better at mafia than he was. Like he wrote that manafesto. I was expecting if Ace was mafia some sort of big play or like at least more than just lurk until you get lynched mafia. So I did think he was scum but in my head I'm thinking "he is too good for this right?" Also the only day where I didn't want to lynch him was the day we NL and thats because I was tunnelling hard on Marv. I was behind VE and thought they were unlikely together. I was however that day saying he would be a good shot along with CAller....


JAt Look at my post on the votes on the no lynch day. Look at who is voting what and more importantly WHO ISNT VOTING VA/Palmer.....


Va lurks like all day and then suddenly just comes in and adds his two cents when I show up and start actually playing as town!!! He is scared his misslynch is falling through. Boys I think we got em. We lynch gum/VA/Palmer any order and I don't see how town loses this one!
Tehpoofter
Profile Joined October 2013
United States2911 Posts
May 15 2014 23:06 GMT
#2047
On May 16 2014 07:53 justanothertownie wrote:
Yeah, probably... I mean I don't want to lose to scum gumshoe if he is playing this way. That would kinda suck. But poofter you will have to be convincing if you want to make a switch happen today. And it won't be on VA it seems.



Like in my mind they could all be scum. God if we don't make a switch then were dead if its all three btw. If its VA/Palmer/Gum then we lose if I'm lynched. That last vote post scared me when I looked at it. Like palmer has the time thing but why does VA not switch? I agree VA not happeneing today despite claiming blue like 9 days ago and not really claiming what it is (unless I missed it) is still alive and kicking and hasnt done anything. I'll vote gumshoe of course as he is of the 3. If you lynch me you are lynching town.



##Vote Gumshoe
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 15 2014 23:07 GMT
#2048
On May 16 2014 07:57 Tehpoofter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2014 07:47 justanothertownie wrote:
I am also down to lynch scumshoe. I don't know his scumgame but if it also looks like this he can die in a fire as far as I am concerned. At least poofter is playing the game again.
But as you said poofter didn't address the real problems here. It is not the shot on koshi.

Banks. Look at marvs accusation, look at what we discussed recently. A main point for me is your behaviour towards Ace. You listed him as scumread but never pushed him. You did not vote him despite me pushing him 2 days ago but you DID vote gumshoe who had not returned prior to that. People who list mafia as secondary scumreads are very often mafia themselves.



I understand JAT and part of it is reputation for me. I honestly thought that ACE would be better at mafia than he was. Like he wrote that manafesto. I was expecting if Ace was mafia some sort of big play or like at least more than just lurk until you get lynched mafia. So I did think he was scum but in my head I'm thinking "he is too good for this right?" Also the only day where I didn't want to lynch him was the day we NL and thats because I was tunnelling hard on Marv. I was behind VE and thought they were unlikely together. I was however that day saying he would be a good shot along with CAller....

Meh, the other guy who repeated what I said was scum...
I am torn on this. I want to believe you and tbh there are some things that point slightly towards town here (the timing of your vote on oats for example) but I also know that you are good at defending yourself from lynches. Palmar and Vayne both on your wagon doesn't feel good though.
Hm...
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 15 2014 23:11 GMT
#2049
We really need some more opinions on this. How about VA/VE/Palmar etc. post some reasoning for their prefered lynch target between gumshoe and poofter? Not just a vote.
Tehpoofter
Profile Joined October 2013
United States2911 Posts
May 15 2014 23:13 GMT
#2050
On May 16 2014 07:57 marvellosity wrote:
because I made cases on both your other scumreads and you ended up voting for me and not for Ace. You basically totally ignored the Ace thing. It looks terrible. Like, you didn't explore the option that I was town and ace was mafia on that day, even though I was pushing Ace quite hard - I got nothing from you even though Ace was one of your scumsuspects. Bleh.

Although Vayne forcing a nolynch on gumshoe is shit. Palmar is excused because the gumshoe wagon happened at like 4am his time or something.

V v tempting to lynch gumshoe simply because you're at least trying though.Would like input from others.



I agree but I'm going to have my reads change and as I felt VE was someone I had come around on I was looking at his reads and in my head if I think VE is town and he thinks marv is scummy and marv thinks these other two people are scummy maybe I'm wrong abotu Ace too because up until that day I had VE As scummy. So I don't understand how thats not a logical process of thought. PLUS we had a vote on you CFD away at the last second to a no lynch. Like that is really really shady. When Ace flips mafia that changes things though and you were right on him VE was wrong on you and I was right the first time on Ace. Like If I get lynched and town loses because of that I'll be upset because I feel like that logic train makes sense to me.

What can I clarify further? I'll go find the posts where I was telling Jat that ACe was a good shot.
Tehpoofter
Profile Joined October 2013
United States2911 Posts
May 15 2014 23:19 GMT
#2051
On May 16 2014 08:07 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2014 07:57 Tehpoofter wrote:
On May 16 2014 07:47 justanothertownie wrote:
I am also down to lynch scumshoe. I don't know his scumgame but if it also looks like this he can die in a fire as far as I am concerned. At least poofter is playing the game again.
But as you said poofter didn't address the real problems here. It is not the shot on koshi.

Banks. Look at marvs accusation, look at what we discussed recently. A main point for me is your behaviour towards Ace. You listed him as scumread but never pushed him. You did not vote him despite me pushing him 2 days ago but you DID vote gumshoe who had not returned prior to that. People who list mafia as secondary scumreads are very often mafia themselves.



I understand JAT and part of it is reputation for me. I honestly thought that ACE would be better at mafia than he was. Like he wrote that manafesto. I was expecting if Ace was mafia some sort of big play or like at least more than just lurk until you get lynched mafia. So I did think he was scum but in my head I'm thinking "he is too good for this right?" Also the only day where I didn't want to lynch him was the day we NL and thats because I was tunnelling hard on Marv. I was behind VE and thought they were unlikely together. I was however that day saying he would be a good shot along with CAller....

Meh, the other guy who repeated what I said was scum...
I am torn on this. I want to believe you and tbh there are some things that point slightly towards town here (the timing of your vote on oats for example) but I also know that you are good at defending yourself from lynches. Palmar and Vayne both on your wagon doesn't feel good though.
Hm...


Who am I mafia with here? Like the only team that would remotely make sense in my mind would be me and gumshoe. So lets lynch him first and if we lynch VA/Palmer and we get a town flip from either then I should be reevaluated but I think they could ALL THREE BE MAFIA look at that marv no lynch day. Like people fucking off and not voting on someone who posted like gumshoe did. I've done more to figure out the game than any of those four by far. VA does nothing, gumshoe posts maybe 20 times. Palmer plays like a troll pushes on ace but doesnt sits on wagons instead of securing a lynch. Like I've been talking to people interacting pushing lynches (correctly on Oats) trying to solve the game. Like my defense is good cause I'm town. That vote on oats when I pushed him from no shoot to shoot you really want to lynch the guy that did that? I could have literally saved a townies life with my vote!

I agree talk to others and stuff but I think this game is won if we lynch VA/Palmer/Gum if you guys end up misslynching me then just pray there aren't three cause thats gg. Even sleep is better than lynching me in that case although I relaly would hate to waste it this early. if we need it later.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 15 2014 23:22 GMT
#2052
no, the shady thing is that the whole wagon on me was based on bullshit and it was quite obvious it was based on bullshit, there were literally no reasons given that I were mafia other than "marv thinks VE is mafia". That is literally the sum total of all the reasons I was supposed to be mafia.

Caller, Palmar, and Ace all had zero or non-existent reasoning for trying to lynch me. That didn't give you pause? It didn't give you pause that a wagon on me built on nothing for no reason, and that I had come into the game clearly trying quite hard and trying to lynch two of your scumreads? And the scumread you found townier (VE) I stopped trying to lynch and I tried to lynch Ace instead.

Literally the only reason you thought VE was town was because I made a case on him and he told me to fuck off.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 15 2014 23:27 GMT
#2053
well whatever, let's lynch gumshoe.

##Unvote
##Vote: gumshoe
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
May 15 2014 23:30 GMT
#2054
Vote Count:



tehpoofter (4) - Vayneauthority, VisceraEyes, Palmar, Justanothertownie
gumshoe (3) - WaveofShadow, tehpoofter, marvellosity
vayneauthority (1) - gumshoe

Not Voting (0) -

Day ends in . There are 8 players alive, and it takes 5 to lynch.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
May 15 2014 23:34 GMT
#2055
To be clear my vote on marv was a troll vote, both of them.

I think it was obvious when I backed off and picked any other lynch closer to the deadline.

I'm perfectly fine with killing gumshoe, thank you based austinmcc

##vote gumshoe
Computer says mafia
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 15 2014 23:34 GMT
#2056
Ok. We will see who follows.

##Unvote
##Vote: gumshoe
Tehpoofter
Profile Joined October 2013
United States2911 Posts
May 15 2014 23:44 GMT
#2057
On May 16 2014 08:34 Palmar wrote:
To be clear my vote on marv was a troll vote, both of them.

I think it was obvious when I backed off and picked any other lynch closer to the deadline.

I'm perfectly fine with killing gumshoe, thank you based austinmcc

##vote gumshoe



Why didnt you switch to Ace yesterday?
Tehpoofter
Profile Joined October 2013
United States2911 Posts
May 16 2014 00:15 GMT
#2058
@marv/Jat/VE/Wos Who do you think is more likely to be mafia between Palmer/VA? Do you guys think Gum is the last one? I feel like this is a good lynch and to me it doesn't matter which one we go between Palmer/VA/gum cause as long as I'm right on WoS/jat/marv/VE we should have an auto win. If I'm wrong on one of those four who do you think it is? This is open ended btw.

gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
May 16 2014 00:17 GMT
#2059
Eh, I'm still staying on Vayne, not voting for someone I'm pretty sure is town, even to save myself cause honestly, I'm pretty done with this game and I feel in mah gut poof is town.



gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
May 16 2014 00:20 GMT
#2060
Vote Count:



tehpoofter (2) - Vayneauthority, VisceraEyes,
gumshoe (5) - WaveofShadow, tehpoofter, marvellosity, Palmar, Justanothertownie
vayneauthority (1) - gumshoe

Not Voting (0) -

Day ends in . There are 8 players alive, and it takes 5 to lynch.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Prev 1 101 102 103 104 105 120 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 429
Leta 245
Hyuk 232
Hyun 102
Shinee 31
Hm[arnc] 29
ZergMaN 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm218
League of Legends
JimRising 846
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King94
Other Games
summit1g8913
WinterStarcraft507
ArmadaUGS74
Nina63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick802
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream172
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2309
League of Legends
• Rush1414
• Lourlo1112
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 11m
INu's Battles
5h 11m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
8h 11m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 11m
Replay Cast
16h 11m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 4h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.