• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:06
CEST 00:06
KST 07:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10588 users

[I][T][M] Vengeful Mini Mafia! - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 21 Next All
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 17:33 GMT
#543
On February 05 2014 02:32 Promethelax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2014 02:30 marvellosity wrote:
On February 05 2014 02:29 Promethelax wrote:
On February 05 2014 02:10 marvellosity wrote:
On February 05 2014 02:09 Promethelax wrote:
On February 04 2014 19:49 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On February 04 2014 19:46 marvellosity wrote:
How do I know? You just made some weird nitpicky thing about a post I made, and said Prome is mafia when he probably isn't. Very bleh.

Yeah and you didn't even care to answer me.
You said "mafia benefits from chaos and whatever shit", then you call DP out for it when it was clearly Holyflare who caused the thing in the first place. So yes, i want to know why it's only DP's "fault". And now you are being a bitch and doing the same thing here, and i have no fucking idea why.


I cared to fall asleep though.

Early game is early game. Like you I'm bored of DP going on about his bullshit with Artanis' entrance. I tried, halfheartedly, to change the direction of the conversation onto HF. This game has felt like one with an end day shennanie scum lynch. And the players who haven't done anything to strike me as townie are: HF/Rayn/Ceph/Art of those three I like Artanis most on a personal level and find him easiest to read (I have no idea how I would read Ceph as I've never played with him) so I'd rather like to lynch one of the other three guys.

Bold and red don't really go together. Try again.


I have not had the chance to read him yet so at this point I'd prefer not to lynch him.

Probably better to read people before offering opinions on who you want to lynch, hmm darling?


I read everything he posted and had found it not alignment indicative. Given that it was ~6 hours into d1 I figured I'd keep the guy I liked more and would wait for him to show up to have a chit chat with and see if I could read him. Not like I'm advocating a lynch of anyone RIGHT NOW. I'm advocating a lynch of one of these four dudes and placing pressure on the ones I know less well/have a harder time reading. I see no issue here, why do you?

Because Artanis is scummy as shit and you should be able to see it.

Does he look like the kind of dude who's happy to roll town after a bunch of mafia games?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 17:37 GMT
#546
He's just had 3/4 games as mafia and he hates mafia as you probably know.

His play here is... well, just flick through his filter yourself. It's both nonsense AND flat.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 17:38 GMT
#547
Lacking "pop", one could say :p
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 17:39 GMT
#550


No, no idea.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 17:43 GMT
#553
On February 05 2014 02:42 Promethelax wrote:
How has Cephiro not become your favourite lynch off of his two posts? Those posts are super scummy. To an incredible level, well beyond where my first posts usually are. Why do you think Art is more likely scum than Ceph?

Cephiro was beyond useless in some game that just finished. Er... SMB mafia. I thought he was mafia forever until it became clear much much later he wasn't. Judgement gets reserved until he makes some content.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 17:45 GMT
#558
On February 05 2014 02:45 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2014 02:37 marvellosity wrote:
He's just had 3/4 games as mafia and he hates mafia as you probably know.

His play here is... well, just flick through his filter yourself. It's both nonsense AND flat.

So is your case on Artanis pure meta?

No. Read his posts. That is my evidence beyond meta.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 17:48 GMT
#560
On February 05 2014 02:47 Promethelax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2014 09:32 Cephiro wrote:
Hi all. I am not very interested in the random banter at the start of the game and I have better things to do, thus I will not take part in the first few hours of discussion, probably.

All you need to know is that I'm one in a million. :3 I shall observe from the shadows, for now.


this seems pretty at odds with his post in this game talking about how cool the early game banter has been and how totes excited he is to get in on it.

Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 23:22 Cephiro wrote:
Back home and briefly read through the thread. I still have some things to take care of, so I will post my thoughts later on in the evening. I like the content available so far, although some back and forth's were taken too far and lost their usefulness in my opinion.

Automatic + for everyone that isn't rushing to get a lynch done too quickly.


In no way does he say he wants to get in on it, rather that some useful content has been created.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 17:48 GMT
#562
Which it has, incidentally.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 17:49 GMT
#563
On February 05 2014 02:48 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2014 02:45 marvellosity wrote:
On February 05 2014 02:45 WaveofShadow wrote:
On February 05 2014 02:37 marvellosity wrote:
He's just had 3/4 games as mafia and he hates mafia as you probably know.

His play here is... well, just flick through his filter yourself. It's both nonsense AND flat.

So is your case on Artanis pure meta?

No. Read his posts. That is my evidence beyond meta.

Narp, not quite following.
Explain?

Well you go to page 1

and you click on his filter

and you read his posts

and you go "gosh darnit, that looks awful! marv was right!"

then you come back to the thread

and you go "wow marv, you so cute, I want to touch your bum"

and I go "maybe later Wave, but I'm glad you managed to read"
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 17:55 GMT
#566
On February 04 2014 23:37 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
I don't understand why so much discussion has arisen on my mafia claim. It was clearly in jest. It's sort of an inside joke though; Rayn always counterclaims what I claim on voice, so I claim mafia in thread with the attempt of making him counterclaim it for funsies as well as being a conversation starter. The intent wasn't to have 15 pages littered with people calling it non alignment indicative though, so sorry 'bout that.

I like HF's comments regarding Wave. Rayn mentioned that you can't really meta him because his last scum game was 9 months ago, but if a game is different enough from his usual towngame then that's a point that points towards scumminess. Him finding HF and myself scummy despite agreeing with HF's initial remark is, to put it in scummarv words, smelly.

Speaking of Marv, I'm curious why you find Rayn scummy for what he's poking at. The Rayn I know likes to poke at everything and tends to just post a lot. I like the point regarding his inconsistency between thinking there are clearly reads to be made yet not supplying any, though.

Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 23:22 Cephiro wrote:
Back home and briefly read through the thread. I still have some things to take care of, so I will post my thoughts later on in the evening. I like the content available so far, although some back and forth's were taken too far and lost their usefulness in my opinion.

Automatic + for everyone that isn't rushing to get a lynch done too quickly.

What is the purpose of this post? What content do you like? Why did you feel the need to post a comment without any content?
I don't understand.

Specifically this post.

Paragraph 1: some explanation that means nothing. Fine, whatever.
Paragraph 2: He finds Wave scummy maybe? Smelly? But it speaks in general terms "if a game" - not Wave's game,"a" game.
Paragraph 3: he's "curious" why I find rayn scummy. Why is he curious? I explained clearly in my case on rayn and in followup posts precisely why I was suspicious of rayn. What does his curiosity of me mean for my alignment? He even says he likes one of my points on rayn, yet is curious. He follows up this point with a whole series of wishy washy posts about "point 2 and 3" of my case that he never quotes and eventually backs weirdly down from.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkk
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 17:56 GMT
#567
It's basically a quintessential mafia post that has a few paragraphs that actually say nothing at all and/or the things that are said are said oddly.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 17:59 GMT
#569
Yeah. I guess when I read Artanis' filter I think

Going through the motions
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 18:00 GMT
#570
Like in all seriousness I just came off a fucking tough mafia game. And look at how i'm playing here. I'm fucking ecstatic I'm town, and that's obvious (well, not to DP, but you get the point)
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 18:39 GMT
#590
Holy why you no talk about sexy things that marvelbabe talks about?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 18:41 GMT
#592
rayn & Artanis
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 18:42 GMT
#594
Lickety split old chap

hai LSB
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 20:12 GMT
#620
On February 05 2014 04:07 LSB wrote:
Midway through the thread but I wanted to post this first. Reads will come after I'm done with the thread

This seems obvious to me but it is pretty important
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 11:09 marvellosity wrote:
The absolute best thing for mafia in this sort of game is to have townies riled up and wanting to take vengeful shots. Ironically.

Mafia have much less space to hide in if people are rational and aren't self-hammering just so they can shoot the person that can piss them off.

Anyone should be able to see that that is absolutely the best thing for mafia. Worst thing for mafia = everyone being rational so they can't take funky shots if they're lynched under the guise of emotion or having a laugh. Maybe Artanis is town and he's not going to bow to the will of the people, but if he's in danger of being lynched, it should be clear how and why his top suspect is, and we can go off that.

There isn't a LYLO in this game. Even if it is 3v2 and we mislynch, the player has the chance to kill a mafia and keep the game going. The only way the mafia can win is to stir up emotions in the town.

In fact this is why I don't think we should have people say who they would shoot. This paints a big target on their back for the mafia as "Should we push this guy" or "Should we take the pressure off of him".

After all to the mafia there is no difference between lynching a mafia, and lynching a town who would shoot mafia.

This is why people should at the very least be shooting into a pool of people. For example if I got lynched (roflcopter) I would be shooting between my 7-8-9 type thing. There's no reason for people not to be indicating who they would shoot, because who they would shoot = scumreads and that could get quite silly... ;p
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 20:13 GMT
#621
wow LSB. You replace in for iamp with that? I'm sad.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 20:15 GMT
#622
Holy I gotta say I come out on Prome's side and not yours in that little tete a tete.

Meanwhile there's literally no reason we shouldn't be lynching Artanis. Is there Holy?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 20:17 GMT
#624
The thread isn't very long. And don't make cute excuses for being bad, because it's not cute.

Especially when you were replacing in for someone like iamp who is a total qtpie.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O143
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13665
Shuttle 366
White-Ra 245
ZZZero.O 143
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm133
League of Legends
Doublelift4679
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4731
Other Games
summit1g9569
FrodaN2478
Liquid`RaSZi2208
C9.Mang0323
crisheroes281
ToD265
Livibee193
Pyrionflax136
Mew2King54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1076
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 63
• musti20045 34
• Adnapsc2 26
• HeavenSC 14
• Sammyuel 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1539
• Shiphtur658
• WagamamaTV283
Upcoming Events
OSC
54m
Replay Cast
54m
OSC
13h 54m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.