• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:23
CEST 02:23
KST 09:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8624 users

Normal Mini Mafia: Episode I - Page 40

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 92 Next
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
January 21 2014 19:28 GMT
#781
On January 22 2014 04:25 Balla24 wrote:
lol Aristotle? You mean artanis?


No, I meant Aristotle. That guy got away with so much and everybody's all "oooh, what a great philosopher, ooh." Well, he's been absent for thousands of years.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
January 21 2014 19:28 GMT
#782
I would compromise on cross fire
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
January 21 2014 19:29 GMT
#783
On January 22 2014 04:26 kushm4sta wrote:
Balla why are you voting zare? There is nothing scummy therre. Yes rayn is town and probably jl too but that doesn't make them righT


preach it brother
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
January 21 2014 19:33 GMT
#784
On January 22 2014 04:26 kushm4sta wrote:
Balla why are you voting zare? There is nothing scummy therre. Yes rayn is town and probably jl too but that doesn't make them righT


I disagree, what JL and rayn are pointing out IS scummy to me. He's contradicting himself and playing exactly like how he says scum players play.

With that said though... with artanis jumping on him 2/3 of my current scum reads are voting on him. That doesn't sit well with me. Still want to see what crossfire does though but i'm already reconsidering.

Why don't you think what rayn and JL are saying about zarepath is scummy kush? It looks scummy to me and clearly them.
suki
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada1159 Posts
January 21 2014 19:35 GMT
#785
I actually really hate JL's reasoning on why zarepath is scummy.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 21 2014 19:36 GMT
#786
Balla, can you explain your scumread on me?
Also, how strong is your Crossfire read?
JonnyLaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3482 Posts
January 21 2014 19:39 GMT
#787
@barristan because I went back and reread his filter again, and again, and again. Then I went back to where the they fit into the thread and looked at context.

Why do you hate it suki?

Here is my only doubt about the zarepath lynch.

He blatantly does everything which he calls scummy. If he's scum he's clearly not being very careful.

I still think he's scum.
JonnyLaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3482 Posts
January 21 2014 19:41 GMT
#788
Crossfire has 3 posts of substance.

One is policy talk. Easy scum starter.

One he dives kush which does nothing. Kush plays however the fuck he wants and he comes back with a null read. That's odd in itself after all the work he claims to have done.

His third is a case on rayn which isnt even much of a case in my opinion.

He's not helping the town at all and not really playing the game.
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
January 21 2014 19:41 GMT
#789
You tunneled Rayn for not playing along with your troll, which is fine. You can have a scum read on him for that if you want. But he's done so much more than just not play along with you, which you didn't really say anything about. Your re-entry is consistent though. I just feel like you can and should have been doing so much more. Which is why I'm underwhelmed by your play so far.

My read on crossfire is what I posted in my case, nothing has changed since he hasn't come back and posted anything. So still scum.

JL is the weaker of the 3 that I don't feel very confident about.
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
January 21 2014 19:44 GMT
#790
Also I'm still having trouble understanding why you chose to try to get rayn to counterclaim your scum claim. What happens if he plays along?

Rayn told me it was a joke and wrote it off so I didn't pay it any mind but it turns out you had some real motivation for it so I do want an explanation afterall.
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
January 21 2014 19:45 GMT
#791
EBWOP: Why you chose to claim SCUM as opposed to anything else.
JonnyLaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3482 Posts
January 21 2014 19:50 GMT
#792
Suki your basic idea is that zarepath cannot be scum because he brings up his case ONE time after making it then drops it all together?

If there are two lynch candidates and you're one of them don't you pick option b regardless of alignment? His switch to bum was an easy choice imo.

Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 21 2014 19:51 GMT
#793
On January 22 2014 04:44 Balla24 wrote:
Also I'm still having trouble understanding why you chose to try to get rayn to counterclaim your scum claim. What happens if he plays along?

Rayn told me it was a joke and wrote it off so I didn't pay it any mind but it turns out you had some real motivation for it so I do want an explanation afterall.

It's not about if he plays along. I was near certain he would. It's about how he would approach it that would allow me insight into the mindset with which he starts the game. It was also meant as kickstart for the game so we could go straight into scumhunting rather than talk about setup and policy and all that jazz.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 21 2014 19:52 GMT
#794
On January 22 2014 04:41 JonnyLaw wrote:
Crossfire has 3 posts of substance.

One is policy talk. Easy scum starter.

One he dives kush which does nothing. Kush plays however the fuck he wants and he comes back with a null read. That's odd in itself after all the work he claims to have done.

His third is a case on rayn which isnt even much of a case in my opinion.

He's not helping the town at all and not really playing the game.

Is there anything you find scummy about Crossfire that you find difficult to imagine from a town point of view?
suki
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada1159 Posts
January 21 2014 19:53 GMT
#795
On January 22 2014 03:30 JonnyLaw wrote:
I agree with Rayn on this point. Zerepath literally took the time to make a case, didn't push it at all then calls bum scum for making the same case and actually trying to get it pushed into a lynch.

wrong.

Bum's right, if your case isn't getting traction why waste people's time. If bum really think's VE's scum he can always wait and try to get him lynched later.

I hate this logic. Also if town Bum really thought that VE wasn't worth pursuing he should have a better target no? Rather than just saying 'welp no ones listening to me I guess I'll just withdraw from the game'

@balla It took me a minute to understand what the hell that post is saying. But yes it is contradicting his case completely. Backwards ass logic. He's scum for being defensive and he's scum for saying fuck it, lynch me if I'm scum.

wrong again, those are two different things.

On January 22 2014 03:43 JonnyLaw wrote:
Yeah kinda bad.

Show nested quote +
On January 21 2014 09:53 zarepath wrote:
@Barristan

1) I simply have not had much time so far this game. Sundays are always my busiest days of the week (and this goes back to all of my games) and I barely had a chance to read the thread then, and today I've been doing family stuff b/c holiday and poking back in. My activity level should rise appropriately the rest of the week, but still probably not to The Game levels as I have another kid now and my schedule's tightened.

I reject the notion that my "focus" on VE has been a simple parroting of other's comments, as that's not what I did at all. His switch to bum looked very suspicious and I did my own analysis of him, and that case was the result. My case was completely ignored and I HAVE tried to push it back into people's attention, so I think that's a mischaracterization.

2) You talk about me voting and pushing my scum reads as if this is a pattern I've established in this game, when I've had one main read that I've made a case on so far, and my analysis was more in-depth than essentially every argument leading up to a vote in this thread. I don't see how you consider my analysis of VE leading up to my vote on him as being worse than VE voting for bum, his only justification being... that it's okay that he's giving up on his earlier vote.



Zarepath: VE switched to bum with no justification -> VE is suspicious -> Zarepath provides a case against VE and votes him.
When Zarepath switched to Bum likewise he also gave his reasons. I don't see what you're saying is 'kinda bad' here.

On January 22 2014 03:56 JonnyLaw wrote:
Yeah, your last post sealed it for me. Your explanation for bum being scummy is that he took his vote off VE when no one would follow his lead. You took your vote off VE when you thought it was an easy thing to do. They're not obviously different at all.

...

He tried to back up his case for two days and it gained no traction. You abandoned yours after two fucking minutes when VE said lynch me if I'm scum. You literally have one post saying I made a case and that's it. After that it's like total 180 and you jump on the same person VE has his vote on.



Zarepath admitted he was tunneling and backed off. This is different than bum backing off for no reason even after VE failed to satisfyingly answer bum's questions.

Jumping on the same person VE has his vote on when he still finds VE suspicious is bad, though. I didn't catch that.
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
January 21 2014 19:56 GMT
#796
It's fine to suspect two people who are both voting for each other as long as you're more suspicious of one than the other. You can't guess the entire scum team at once
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
suki
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada1159 Posts
January 21 2014 19:59 GMT
#797
On January 22 2014 04:50 JonnyLaw wrote:
Suki your basic idea is that zarepath cannot be scum because he brings up his case ONE time after making it then drops it all together?

If there are two lynch candidates and you're one of them don't you pick option b regardless of alignment? His switch to bum was an easy choice imo.


Uh if you're town you push the person you think is the scummiest, regardless if that person is a candidate or not.

If bum is scum, which I think he is, then I don't see scum zarepath voting for bum. It doesn't make sense.

From my point of view either zarepath or bum are scum. It doesn't make sense for both of them to be scum.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 21 2014 20:01 GMT
#798
On January 22 2014 04:53 suki wrote:
<snip>
Show nested quote +

Bum's right, if your case isn't getting traction why waste people's time. If bum really think's VE's scum he can always wait and try to get him lynched later.

I hate this logic. Also if town Bum really thought that VE wasn't worth pursuing he should have a better target no? Rather than just saying 'welp no ones listening to me I guess I'll just withdraw from the game'

Do you think this makes Bum more likely to be scum though? If you're a townie and you're certain of one player being scum it can be very demotivating when no one refuses to listen. In light of Bum's general attitude it feels more like he's genuinely frustrated to me.
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
January 21 2014 20:02 GMT
#799
what do you guys think about lynching wile e?

There are two main reasons I think he's mafia. He hasn't made an attempt to help find scum and he's not displaying the classic alakaslam townie paranoia.

None of his scumhunting contributions are actually contributions. They're a combination of one liners and half-accusations. He made a big entrance to the thread and lots of people talked about him and/or called him mafia, but when asked for his conclusions about people who commented on him he could only come up with:

+ Show Spoiler +
On January 20 2014 17:45 Wile E. Coyote wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2014 12:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
What the hell? How can scum hide? You just said a while ago you don't like kush's plan which means you don't take claims for granted. Who cares if someone claims named VT when most likely being lynched. It does not mean shit unless you can tell for sure their claim cannot be false which you can't.

If we have named VT's claim now we have 0-4 claims. In case we have 0 claims we learn the setup. If we have 1-3 claims we learn that there are 0-3 fakeclaims which in fact tells us absolutely nothing as you can't confirm anything. If we have 4 claims we learn that we have at least 1 scum in the claimed VT's, one fucking mafia in a group of four people, lol.

In every situation mafia learns how many power roles town has, possibly even the whole setup depending on the claim numbers and their roles.

Do i need to explain more why the claiming does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING GOOD TO THE TOWN AND ONLY HELPS MAFIA?!?!?!!?

VE - Crossfire - thesmurfdude / all those people look terrible.
VE + Crossfire for not realising something obvious while agreeing that we should not blindly trust claims
smurfdude for not reading the thread or if he has for making a useless post that does not contribute towards anything and asks an useless question that has been explained in thread already.

##unvote
##Vote: Wile E. Coyote

Who is Rayn talking to here? I had made like one post at this point


On January 20 2014 17:48 Wile E. Coyote wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2014 15:00 zarepath wrote:
I don't understand why scum would claim Boxer right now, unless I guess they're actually trying to head off legitimate boxer claims, but I don't see much value in that compared to the risk. Definitely anti-town for a town to do it, but I can't imagine scum being happy with a fake boxer claim this early.

This is wifom


On January 20 2014 17:49 Wile E. Coyote wrote:
Yeah heck if I know


Here's an exchange we had:

On January 21 2014 01:31 Wile E. Coyote wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2014 17:59 thrawn2112 wrote:
Ok Slam got another question for you. Just try to follow these requests exactly as they're written. Don't open spoiler #2 until directed to do so.

+ Show Spoiler +
1) Look at the player list and think about each player listed, then open the following spoiler.


+ Show Spoiler +
2) What were you thinking about while looking at the list? Did any particular names cause stronger reactions than others? Any thoughts on how the game may turn out from your perspective?

VE Rayn and Artanis would likely try & lead town.

I think.

That hasn't been happening as far as I see it.


This point relates to my meta (it is scummy on its own, but applies especially to alakaslam) claim about alakaslam. In every town alakaslam game I've seen he becomes paranoid of others players to the point that it strongly influences what he is willing to post in thread. If he knows a certain player has good scum play, he is extra paranoid about them and will start spamming 'svengali' into the thread until he becomes nearly incoherent. That's why I asked him to look at the player list, I wanted to see if I could get this kind of reaction.... I didn't. Not only does he not give me the answer I expect from town Alakaslam, he says that X X and X will probably lead town, but aren't "as far as (I) see it," which he doesn't follow up on. I still have no idea if that statement about those players actually influenced his reads or not.

Here's a vote:

On January 21 2014 01:42 Wile E. Coyote wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2014 00:07 kushm4sta wrote:
@rayn
go away

When Rayn is town this is the response to ##Vote: Kushm4sta for.


Doesn't make any sense. There is no implied reasoning in that post to suggest that kush should be lynched. It's merely a way for alak to buddy rayn and vote kush for no reason. Everything after that is completely useless and doesn't look like it came from a person who is trying to find mafia.
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
suki
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada1159 Posts
January 21 2014 20:03 GMT
#800
Right now bum looks really bad for pushing such a shitty case on VE, then asking VE questions and when those questions are not answered satisfyingly.... drops the case because nobody's listening to him. The town explanation is he's just frustrated townie not willing to waste any more time.. but if he is, who is more suspicious to him? Why drop your case on your top scum read who hasn't answered any of your questions, when you don't have anyone else who reads scummy to you?
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 92 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings59
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta28
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech155
ViBE151
Nina 146
SpeCial 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13784
Artosis 627
PianO 34
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm180
canceldota131
League of Legends
Doublelift3718
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1713
minikerr11
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe106
Other Games
summit1g7485
shahzam618
Day[9].tv568
C9.Mang0405
Trikslyr104
Maynarde99
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv568
Upcoming Events
OSC
22h 37m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 9h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.