• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:43
CEST 10:43
KST 17:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7926 users

Normal Mini Mafia: Episode I - Page 42

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 92 Next
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
January 21 2014 20:52 GMT
#821
Suki, your reasoning is very shallow. Think it through again.

I agree that is unlikely that both zarepath and I would be scum. It is illogical for a team to plan out that turn of events. It's an awkward situation that probably gets one of them lynched, and alleviates zero pressure for the other person.

If you really think one of us is scum, then you need to take both sides. I might have gave up on VE, but I did that for a good reason. Consolidating votes is important as lynches draw closer, and only having that other scummy person vote with you probably means your target is not optimal despite how strongly you feel. I was giving zarepath a free place to put his vote as long as I was intent on lynching VE. His reaction to my unvote has alot of motivation behind it.

At the time, Crossfire was gaining some traction, for an iffy post. Zare could have hopped on him, which I think is worth noting if one of them flips scum. Kush seems somewhat similar, but that was older votes.

I found his vote on me a bit backwards, considering that it was just for not pushing VE some more. I think it would it would be a poor choice for him to make as mafia. But I don't think he seems like he has a lot of experience as mafia.

The second scenario where I am scum and he is town is much more unlikely, because he has been on par with my thoughts the whole game, and he changes his mind to me when I stop pursuing both of our top scum reads. That is much more illogical coming from a townie, rather then what I think would be bad reasoning for him to do that as mafia.

I am also selfish, and do not want to be lynched.
##Vote zarepath
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
January 21 2014 20:52 GMT
#822
##Vote Zarepath
Together but separate, like oatmeal
BarristanTheBold
Profile Joined February 2013
Angola89 Posts
January 21 2014 20:54 GMT
#823
On January 22 2014 05:37 zarepath wrote:
At this point I would be happy for a lynch of Wiley, Crossfire, or bum. I don't know why scum would fake blue-claim like that, except that it apparently gave Wiley a free ride to not do anything else at all day 1. And I don't know why any of those three have failed to do anything at all today leading up to the lynch.

Wait wiat wait. You haven't mentioned Wile at all this game except to jump on the fact that VE fast voted him after the claim. Now he's one of your top suspects?

In fact, every single one of your top suspects dont become suspects until thread sentiment started swinging against them.

I call bullshit.

To everyone: today we lynch zarepath.
JonnyLaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3482 Posts
January 21 2014 20:57 GMT
#824
That's another decent analysis BTB. I'd already voted VE, and I want to say suki as well when zarepath made his case.

And no Suki, policy lynching lurkers is not a terrible plan. They have to die at some point and make themselves very hard to read if they're scum. Day 1 is the ideal time for it in fact.
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
January 21 2014 20:58 GMT
#825
I don't like lynching crossfire, because of this post.

On January 21 2014 13:12 Crossfire99 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2014 13:06 thrawn2112 wrote:
maaaaan that is an unhelpful post

crossfire your kush read is nothing but meta. a bigass post with nothing but meta and no conclusion. why on earth did you post that?

cause I did a bunch of work and didn't feel like posting nothing after reading about kush for however long i did. I also figured it would be helpful in case people wanted to see my thoughts on kush since he seemed to be a hot topic (well at least you constantly pushed him)


I have done this, and came up with nothing useful, and posted anyway because I didn't want to let the work go unnoted. I probably wouldn't search somewhere I know is a dead-end as scum, and if I did, I would probably push the fact that I went through the trouble of doing that.

I find this post very similar to an off-hand townie post.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
suki
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada1159 Posts
January 21 2014 21:00 GMT
#826
On January 22 2014 05:52 bumatlarge wrote:
I was giving zarepath a free place to put his vote as long as I was intent on lynching VE. His reaction to my unvote has alot of motivation behind it.

At the time, Crossfire was gaining some traction, for an iffy post. Zare could have hopped on him, which I think is worth noting if one of them flips scum. Kush seems somewhat similar, but that was older votes.

I found his vote on me a bit backwards, considering that it was just for not pushing VE some more. I think it would it would be a poor choice for him to make as mafia. But I don't think he seems like he has a lot of experience as mafia.

The second scenario where I am scum and he is town is much more unlikely, because he has been on par with my thoughts the whole game, and he changes his mind to me when I stop pursuing both of our top scum reads. That is much more illogical coming from a townie, rather then what I think would be bad reasoning for him to do that as mafia.


I actually really really like everything here. Many of these things I didn't consider previously.

One other thing I was eyeing was Crossfire's soft defense of Zarepath earlier in the game. Couple this with Zarepath including Crossfire into his list just now (alongside a really stupid desire to lynch WileE)... I think there's a good chance of them being scumbuddies.

##unvote
##vote Zarepath
suki
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada1159 Posts
January 21 2014 21:04 GMT
#827
You can policy lynch and I'm just going to scum hunt. How's that sound Jonny?
JonnyLaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3482 Posts
January 21 2014 21:05 GMT
#828
On January 22 2014 05:58 bumatlarge wrote:
I don't like lynching crossfire, because of this post.

Show nested quote +
On January 21 2014 13:12 Crossfire99 wrote:
On January 21 2014 13:06 thrawn2112 wrote:
maaaaan that is an unhelpful post

crossfire your kush read is nothing but meta. a bigass post with nothing but meta and no conclusion. why on earth did you post that?

cause I did a bunch of work and didn't feel like posting nothing after reading about kush for however long i did. I also figured it would be helpful in case people wanted to see my thoughts on kush since he seemed to be a hot topic (well at least you constantly pushed him)


I have done this, and came up with nothing useful, and posted anyway because I didn't want to let the work go unnoted. I probably wouldn't search somewhere I know is a dead-end as scum, and if I did, I would probably push the fact that I went through the trouble of doing that.

I find this post very similar to an off-hand townie post.



I understand the logic of wanting to post it. I don't think that's alignment indicative though. He could easily go grab a couple random quotes. Then say he discovered nothing then post it in an attempt to appear pro-town while doing nothing. That's so much easier than if he actually filter dived kush with detail.
JonnyLaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3482 Posts
January 21 2014 21:05 GMT
#829
On January 22 2014 06:04 suki wrote:
You can policy lynch and I'm just going to scum hunt. How's that sound Jonny?



You've been helpful with it so far.
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
January 21 2014 21:06 GMT
#830
Okay holy crap guys

You are Coagulation and are famous for shitting up the banlist thread. Because of your exploits you are really well known. You win when all the mafia are eliminated.

(Named VT)

##Unvote
##Vote Crossfire
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
January 21 2014 21:06 GMT
#831
On January 22 2014 06:00 suki wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2014 05:52 bumatlarge wrote:
I was giving zarepath a free place to put his vote as long as I was intent on lynching VE. His reaction to my unvote has alot of motivation behind it.

At the time, Crossfire was gaining some traction, for an iffy post. Zare could have hopped on him, which I think is worth noting if one of them flips scum. Kush seems somewhat similar, but that was older votes.

I found his vote on me a bit backwards, considering that it was just for not pushing VE some more. I think it would it would be a poor choice for him to make as mafia. But I don't think he seems like he has a lot of experience as mafia.

The second scenario where I am scum and he is town is much more unlikely, because he has been on par with my thoughts the whole game, and he changes his mind to me when I stop pursuing both of our top scum reads. That is much more illogical coming from a townie, rather then what I think would be bad reasoning for him to do that as mafia.


I actually really really like everything here. Many of these things I didn't consider previously.

One other thing I was eyeing was Crossfire's soft defense of Zarepath earlier in the game. Couple this with Zarepath including Crossfire into his list just now (alongside a really stupid desire to lynch WileE)... I think there's a good chance of them being scumbuddies.

##unvote
##vote Zarepath


Unfortunately, my read on crossfire is town if you put that connection aside. I posted the stronger gut read before, and I like posts that bring up new information on people that I am finding difficult to read (the kush smurf), and I was suspicious of rayn when he picked up on how often rayn was vote switching. No one had gone on rayn except for me and artanis, and although I've dropped my suspicion of rayn, I liked to see it coming from a player I didn't know.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
JonnyLaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3482 Posts
January 21 2014 21:09 GMT
#832
Sorry suki, that wasn't needed.

I feel like you've spent the last two pages saying nothing except my points are terrible then you switch your vote to the person I want lynched. I put time into what I did, even if you think it's terribly expressed the points remain valid that he back tracked an awful lot.
JonnyLaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3482 Posts
January 21 2014 21:10 GMT
#833
Do you think that post has to be alignment indicative though bum?
suki
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada1159 Posts
January 21 2014 21:12 GMT
#834
I didn't mean it as a personal attack, I just didn't like your reasoning.

I liked bum's retort and it also invalidated several of my reasons for switching off zarepath.

Of course now he goes and claims so I have no idea what's going on anymore. -_-;
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 21 2014 21:13 GMT
#835
Claim does not mean anything.
table for two on a tv tray
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
January 21 2014 21:13 GMT
#836
On January 22 2014 06:10 JonnyLaw wrote:
Do you think that post has to be alignment indicative though bum?


It depends on who posts it. I don't think a newer player would know that it appeals to me.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
January 21 2014 21:13 GMT
#837
On January 22 2014 06:13 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Claim does not mean anything.

Together but separate, like oatmeal
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 21 2014 21:14 GMT
#838
Yeah the more i think about it the post from Crossfire is more likely to come from town.
There is a reason mafia does not attack me.
table for two on a tv tray
JonnyLaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3482 Posts
January 21 2014 21:14 GMT
#839
Why would a claim mean anything at this point?

Scum should get a role as well right?
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
January 21 2014 21:15 GMT
#840
so immune
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 92 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3146
Soma 368
Rush 298
Killer 95
ToSsGirL 88
Mong 76
Shinee 53
Counter-Strike
olofmeister651
byalli617
ceh9548
shoxiejesuss539
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King111
Other Games
summit1g6442
WinterStarcraft547
Happy411
dupreeh278
Sick255
crisheroes165
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• killerbeecast2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1237
• Stunt501
Upcoming Events
OSC
14h 17m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 1h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.