• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:49
CEST 03:49
KST 10:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9576 users

TL Mafia Community Thread - Page 19

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 281 Next
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 29 2014 14:21 GMT
#361
On January 08 2014 03:22 Blazinghand wrote:
TL Mafia Hearthstone League


PM me to sign up

PM me to sign up

If you don't PM me and don't get signed up, you can't read, sorry broski. Posting in this thread does not count as signed up. You can post in this thread that you have signed/are going to sign up but you are not signed up unless you PM me.

Now that that's out of the way.

Here's the plan.

Everyone will sign up who wants to play. I will then pick captains out of the group. The rest of the signups will then get picked by their captains (probably via PM, so it'll be seekrit), and then I will mass PM the teams to everyone.

So here's the format: Your team will be competing for bragging rights, though if we get enough signups I'll put some cash in so we can have a real prize for the winning team. Going into each game, each team submits their decklists to me via PM. You can't change decklists during a match but your opponents won't know what your decklist is until after the match, and vice versa.
  • Each player has 3 decks, each of a different class.
  • Sets are Best of 5 in All-Kill format.
  • Both players pick their starting decks with the knowledge of their opponent's classes.
  • The winner of a game keeps his deck for the next game.
  • The loser of a game selects an unused deck.
  • The winner of a Set is decided when he has eliminated all of his opponents' decks.
  • The team that wins the majority of Sets wins the Match.


I would like to have 4 teams but I realize that's a minimum of 12 people and somewhat difficult to get. Maybe we can invite non-TL friends of TL Mafiaers if we need one or two more heads. We will deal with that once I get a good head count.

Those who are chosen as captains will be the ones I correspond with. If you would like to swap captain roles (before the tournament starts) once you pick your 3 players, we can do that. Captains are responsible for organizing their team's practice time and talking with the other captains to set up games. We're all pretty good friends here, I don't feel like that's too difficult.

Also do not be afraid to sign up because your rank is too high/too low. This isn't public ranked games, we're here to have fun.


Bump. Also I wanna be on oats' team
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-29 15:02:49
January 29 2014 15:02 GMT
#362
I guess that cards are not transferable over servers?

I mean:

- Can you log into different servers and have the same cards?
I had a good night of sleep.
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
January 29 2014 15:09 GMT
#363
On January 30 2014 00:02 Koshi wrote:
I guess that cards are not transferable over servers?

I mean:

- Can you log into different servers and have the same cards?

I think you cannot even log into different servers in beta.
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
January 29 2014 15:10 GMT
#364
Sure you can.

I have accounts on both EU and NA and can log onto either just fine.

You can't log on diff servers with one account tho.

holla holla, blizz want dolla.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
January 29 2014 15:20 GMT
#365
On January 29 2014 23:21 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2014 03:22 Blazinghand wrote:
TL Mafia Hearthstone League


PM me to sign up

PM me to sign up

If you don't PM me and don't get signed up, you can't read, sorry broski. Posting in this thread does not count as signed up. You can post in this thread that you have signed/are going to sign up but you are not signed up unless you PM me.

Now that that's out of the way.

Here's the plan.

Everyone will sign up who wants to play. I will then pick captains out of the group. The rest of the signups will then get picked by their captains (probably via PM, so it'll be seekrit), and then I will mass PM the teams to everyone.

So here's the format: Your team will be competing for bragging rights, though if we get enough signups I'll put some cash in so we can have a real prize for the winning team. Going into each game, each team submits their decklists to me via PM. You can't change decklists during a match but your opponents won't know what your decklist is until after the match, and vice versa.
  • Each player has 3 decks, each of a different class.
  • Sets are Best of 5 in All-Kill format.
  • Both players pick their starting decks with the knowledge of their opponent's classes.
  • The winner of a game keeps his deck for the next game.
  • The loser of a game selects an unused deck.
  • The winner of a Set is decided when he has eliminated all of his opponents' decks.
  • The team that wins the majority of Sets wins the Match.


I would like to have 4 teams but I realize that's a minimum of 12 people and somewhat difficult to get. Maybe we can invite non-TL friends of TL Mafiaers if we need one or two more heads. We will deal with that once I get a good head count.

Those who are chosen as captains will be the ones I correspond with. If you would like to swap captain roles (before the tournament starts) once you pick your 3 players, we can do that. Captains are responsible for organizing their team's practice time and talking with the other captains to set up games. We're all pretty good friends here, I don't feel like that's too difficult.

Also do not be afraid to sign up because your rank is too high/too low. This isn't public ranked games, we're here to have fun.


Bump. Also I wanna be on oats' team

lol i only made 1 good deck
No gg, No skill.
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
January 29 2014 15:23 GMT
#366
On January 30 2014 00:10 Dandel Ion wrote:
Sure you can.

I have accounts on both EU and NA and can log onto either just fine.

You can't log on diff servers with one account tho.

holla holla, blizz want dolla.


so you need two b.net accounts, which would mean 2 game licenses if the game was out already, right?
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 29 2014 15:26 GMT
#367
The game is out. Anyone can sign up now.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-29 15:27:34
January 29 2014 15:26 GMT
#368
On January 30 2014 00:26 DarthPunk wrote:
The game is out. Anyone can sign up now.

I'm talking about the finished game, not the open beta.

What I want to say is: You will have to buy the game twice once the open Beta is over if you want to play on two regions simultaniously, right?
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 29 2014 15:29 GMT
#369
I think it is F2p right?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 29 2014 15:30 GMT
#370
It stays free to play.
I had a good night of sleep.
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
January 29 2014 15:44 GMT
#371
oh. wow. did not expect that.
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
January 29 2014 15:52 GMT
#372
they also said they won't do anymore wipes.

so apparantly this is the finished game anyway and just in "beta" so that people can argue with "oh it's still in beta" when I complain about blizz' aweful balancing decisions.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 29 2014 16:08 GMT
#373
cross region play is out on release apparently... not holding my breath though
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
January 29 2014 16:11 GMT
#374
On January 30 2014 00:52 Dandel Ion wrote:
they also said they won't do anymore wipes.

so apparantly this is the finished game anyway and just in "beta" so that people can argue with "oh it's still in beta" when I complain about blizz' aweful balancing decisions.


Doesn't the finished game have more cards?
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18449 Posts
January 29 2014 16:22 GMT
#375
On January 30 2014 01:08 Holyflare wrote:
cross region play is out on release apparently... not holding my breath though

They said that about WoW in 2004. I wouldn't hold your breath...
Bereft
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1007 Posts
January 29 2014 18:59 GMT
#376
I wouldn't hold his breath either, that's just weeeeird
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 29 2014 19:06 GMT
#377
SOME PEOPLE ARE INTO THAT BEREFT JEEEEEZ GET WITH THE TIMES
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-31 20:46:41
January 29 2014 22:27 GMT
#378
TL Video/Voice Mafia


I know there is already a webcam mafia that's hosted regularly on Wednesday's (koibu - http://esportsmafia.com/), however, I was wondering how much interest there would be from active members of the TL Mafia community to set up a regular game with just us? We would do it the same way the esports mafia is done, i.e. We will host a Zoom chat (can be downloaded free here - http://www.zoom.us/) and people will join it and we can get games started based on how many people are signed up.

It's super simple and I think it adds to the community bonding spirit if we get to put names and voices to faces. Obviously you don't have to take part if you don't want to (I can just stick my stream up if you want to watch) but I like the ability to see faces when playing mafia, it's a completely different game when you can get tells and make cases based on facial expressions and it's not as manic as voice mafia. I think it's a nice inbetween from voice and forum.

Either way, I just want to see how much interest there is in something like this. I know it was mentioned previously in this thread (I think?) but nothing much more was said. So if you want to play just post a reply to this or PM me and if enough people show interest I'll start drawing up some times and dates.




Requirements

  • Webcam/Microphone
  • Zoom Chat client (http://www.zoom.us/)
  • Ability to speak
  • Brain





Player List

1. Holyflare
2. Blazinghand
3. Wave
4. Bumatlarge
5. Alakaslam (sometimes)
6. Hapahauli
7. VayneAuthority
8. Balla24
9. Yamato77
10. Oatsmaster
11. Chezinu
12. OdinOfPergo

Need moar pplz!


Post after this to show interest or PM me!

Alternatively add me to skype (holyflare) and tell me there!
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
January 29 2014 22:37 GMT
#379
I have the first three, count me in!
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
January 30 2014 02:41 GMT
#380
I have 3/4.
Try to guess which ones!
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 281 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 59
NaDa 31
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm227
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g9586
JimRising 691
ViBE163
Mew2King101
ArmadaUGS74
Trikslyr30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1305
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream113
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• davetesta59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 12m
INu's Battles
10h 12m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
13h 12m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 12m
Replay Cast
21h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 9h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.