• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:54
CEST 19:54
KST 02:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9525 users

TL Mafia LXIV: A Game of Intrigue - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
suchdoge
Profile Joined January 2014
Guatemala91 Posts
January 13 2014 09:17 GMT
#1642
WaveofShadow can you please contact me on Skype? suchdogemlg420

My sent PMs do not refresh for at least a couple hours.
Wow
suchdoge
Profile Joined January 2014
Guatemala91 Posts
January 13 2014 09:25 GMT
#1644
On January 13 2014 18:21 Aquanim wrote:
Hmph. Well, most of my reads this game have had the addenum (spoken or not) of "this person might be playing in PMs instead" which introduces uncertainty - hence why I haven't been as confident in my reads in this game as I've been in the past. Also, simply by reason of there being so many more people to look at in a large game compared to a mini my effort per player has necessarily been less.

And as to why I haven't posted in the thread for two hours - I didn't have anything which I felt needed to be said. It's night-phase, what do you expect?

Can you get on Skype? I want to chat.

Make a new account if you have to please.
Wow
suchdoge
Profile Joined January 2014
Guatemala91 Posts
January 13 2014 09:42 GMT
#1649
On January 13 2014 18:39 Aquanim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 18:25 suchdoge wrote:
On January 13 2014 18:21 Aquanim wrote:
Hmph. Well, most of my reads this game have had the addenum (spoken or not) of "this person might be playing in PMs instead" which introduces uncertainty - hence why I haven't been as confident in my reads in this game as I've been in the past. Also, simply by reason of there being so many more people to look at in a large game compared to a mini my effort per player has necessarily been less.

And as to why I haven't posted in the thread for two hours - I didn't have anything which I felt needed to be said. It's night-phase, what do you expect?

Can you get on Skype? I want to chat.

Make a new account if you have to please.

No, sorry. I could make a QT and send it to you though (not sure what the delays on you getting PMs are but I hope you get them eventually?).


Fine I guess. I'll get the PM immediately. I just cannot send PMs.
Wow
suchdoge
Profile Joined January 2014
Guatemala91 Posts
January 13 2014 17:28 GMT
#1734
VE Skype please. I know you have one.

suchdogemlg420
Wow
suchdoge
Profile Joined January 2014
Guatemala91 Posts
January 13 2014 17:30 GMT
#1738
On January 14 2014 02:29 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2014 02:28 suchdoge wrote:
VE Skype please. I know you have one.

suchdogemlg420

No thanks. You can PM me if you wish, and I might get on IRC later. I'm not feeling using Skype right now.


I can't PM you, I have a PM cap of 5.

Also, I already PMed you once with no reply.
Wow
suchdoge
Profile Joined January 2014
Guatemala91 Posts
January 13 2014 17:34 GMT
#1741
Is chatzy on iphone?

If you want an alternate system then PM me details and I'll see what I can do. I'll post a response here in thread.
Wow
suchdoge
Profile Joined January 2014
Guatemala91 Posts
January 13 2014 17:49 GMT
#1744
Hello Vayne I would rather not use on of my remaining 3 PMs so if you would like to talk please make a chatzy room (and PM me the link) or contact me via Skype:

suchdogemlg420

As for the players you mentioned, I think the first two are likely town (like 80%+) and the last one likely scum (also like 80%+)

I can explain more if you can get an alternate PM method.
Wow
suchdoge
Profile Joined January 2014
Guatemala91 Posts
January 13 2014 20:26 GMT
#1817
On January 14 2014 05:21 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2014 05:07 Blazinghand wrote:
[12:15] <VisceraEyes> Blazinghand you are so cool
[12:16] <Blazinghand> Yes I am
[12:16] <ViscerEyes> How do I be cool like you. i've always wanted to be you. i respect you so much
[12:15] <Blazinghand> well, yamato77 is probably scum. let's see how he responds to my most recent post addressing him.

you're also bad if you actually think I'm mafia

another reason to kill you


while I agree with you that Blazinghand and Hopeless1der have proved themselves two of the worst players on the forum through this game and I would wholeheartedly agree with killing them both just so that they'd stop posting there are better players to go after.
Wow
suchdoge
Profile Joined January 2014
Guatemala91 Posts
January 13 2014 20:29 GMT
#1822
On January 14 2014 05:27 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2014 05:26 suchdoge wrote:
On January 14 2014 05:21 yamato77 wrote:
On January 14 2014 05:07 Blazinghand wrote:
[12:15] <VisceraEyes> Blazinghand you are so cool
[12:16] <Blazinghand> Yes I am
[12:16] <ViscerEyes> How do I be cool like you. i've always wanted to be you. i respect you so much
[12:15] <Blazinghand> well, yamato77 is probably scum. let's see how he responds to my most recent post addressing him.

you're also bad if you actually think I'm mafia

another reason to kill you


while I agree with you that Blazinghand and Hopeless1der have proved themselves two of the worst players on the forum through this game and I would wholeheartedly agree with killing them both just so that they'd stop posting there are better players to go after.

Not necessarily. I have strong reasons to assume they are not masons at all, which makes them mafia.


you still in chatzy?

let's talk
Wow
suchdoge
Profile Joined January 2014
Guatemala91 Posts
January 13 2014 20:46 GMT
#1831
you know, not once did someone who called me scum in PMs for any significant amount of time actually try to reach out and ask me anything in PMs.

I recall seeing both WoS and VE at some point mention me in PMs, yet neither bothered to respond to my PMs nor did they reach out to me.

You would think that townies who are trying to figure out the game would use PMs to their advantage by PMing people, either to discuss reads or clarify their thoughts on different players by interacting with them.

You would also think that VE and WoS would reach out to marv after he lynched a scum, but that didn't happen either. Can't really put the reason down as "they're bad" for that one, cause even brand new players will have the foresight to realise that someone who lynches scum day 1 is almost certainly not scum himself.
Wow
suchdoge
Profile Joined January 2014
Guatemala91 Posts
January 13 2014 22:30 GMT
#1841
On January 14 2014 05:27 Hopeless1der wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2014 05:26 suchdoge wrote:
On January 14 2014 05:21 yamato77 wrote:
On January 14 2014 05:07 Blazinghand wrote:
[12:15] <VisceraEyes> Blazinghand you are so cool
[12:16] <Blazinghand> Yes I am
[12:16] <ViscerEyes> How do I be cool like you. i've always wanted to be you. i respect you so much
[12:15] <Blazinghand> well, yamato77 is probably scum. let's see how he responds to my most recent post addressing him.

you're also bad if you actually think I'm mafia

another reason to kill you


while I agree with you that Blazinghand and Hopeless1der have proved themselves two of the worst players on the forum through this game and I would wholeheartedly agree with killing them both just so that they'd stop posting there are better players to go after.

very dickmove (sorry DrH)


post your logs with BH please.

Or PM them to me, it doesn't matter. The faster you do this the better.
Wow
suchdoge
Profile Joined January 2014
Guatemala91 Posts
January 13 2014 22:33 GMT
#1843
sure, you can do that too.
Wow
suchdoge
Profile Joined January 2014
Guatemala91 Posts
January 13 2014 22:51 GMT
#1853
one thing I forgot to mention:

bum gave me this PM shortly after I sent him something (~7 hours or so)


hey sorry, i dont like being active early, kind of a crap shoot. I don't have a scum read on you, and I think people are way to gung ho about reads so early in the game. you could argue its a town-tell, but when everyone does it multiple times it loses the tell. ill try to give you my thoughts on xalatos
Original Message From suchdoge:
Care to talk with me a bit about the game? My Skype is:

suchdogemlg420

We can discuss such things as our scum reads and who we want as mayor. The day's half over, after all.
I look forward to hearing from you.


afterward I sent him another PM asking him if he could skype.

What's weird is that he said he'd "try" to give me thoughts on xatalos. I didn't ask about Xatalos specifically. He never gave his thoughts, either.

So one has to ask, why Xatalos specifically (so late in the day too) and why didn't he bother replying to me at all?

I might be reading too far into this and this all could very well just be a product of his immense inactivity. However the fact that he bothered to promise some reads on Xatalos and didn't come forth with anything, and also didn't further PMs is a little worrying.

Wow
suchdoge
Profile Joined January 2014
Guatemala91 Posts
January 13 2014 22:55 GMT
#1864
On January 13 2014 06:09 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Just got home from my buddies but have a 3-5 hour shit at work at 4:30 (20 minutes from now)

I will be catching up on the thread when I get home and posting then as I will be around. I apologize for the not being here basically all day 1 but game start time was made after I had plans.

I shall see the thread in 4-6 hours hopefully


what happened to this btw BC?

And why did you vote yourself?
Wow
suchdoge
Profile Joined January 2014
Guatemala91 Posts
January 13 2014 23:41 GMT
#1877
raynpelikoneet
BloodyC0bbler
chinstrap
bumatlarge
marvellosity
yamato77 - 95%
Mig
VayneAuthority - 95%
Alakaslam - 95%

VisceraEyes
Koshi
DoctorHelvetica

WaveofShadow
gumshoe - 70%
LSB Banking - 60%
Blazinghand
justanothertownie - 60%
thrawn2112
Mocsta
- this one I've put down to trusting marv-aside from his blind aggression he has not done much as far as I can tell
suchdoge
Captain Obvious
Aquanim - 95%
Coagulation -95%
Hopeless1der


All the players I have highlighted in bold green, IMO, are very very unlikely to be scum. There are only two players I have as slight town-JAT and LSB Banking. I don't think they're all that likely to be scum given that other options can't be eliminated, particularly if both WoS and VE are scum. If most other options are exhausted I'd look at these guys again. The players I've labeled as - 95% I have given a very slight chance to be scum. Alakaslam, for example, might very possibly be scum if the logs he posted with VE were faked, but it is incredibly unlikely. Those logs mostly just make VE look much worse, particularly as it raises the question of why VE would be willing to talk to slam and not myself, for example, or marv in particular.

There are four scum in the above list-I don't see VE being town, and WoS is probably scum too. VE being scum probably makes Captain Obvious a bit less likely to be scum as well, though if he continues to not provide reads that'd be a bit worrisome. Gumshoe I think is a good possibility for scum, particularly because of his quite strange interactions with Xatalos, among other things. From what I understand he lurks pretty hard as town as well but posts like this still give me pause.

On January 13 2014 04:58 gumshoe wrote:
I'm fine with Marv as mayor, also I'm fine with xata dying regardless of my alignment because once he's out of the game I can stop lurking!

## Vote: Marvellosity


This post is almost nonsensical, and when I read it I wondered why he made that first comment at all. He said something similar about Xatalos earlier in the game too. He also hasn't stopped lurking, so he should be pressured to do so. Probably the fastest way to figure out if he's scum or not is if he's responsive in PMs, even if his opinions make little sense.

Of the remaining players there are only four:

BC
bumatlarge
chinstrap
Captain Obvious

I'd put all of these firmly in the null range. BC has done absolutely nothing so far. Unreadable.
Chinstrap, likewise, has done nothing so far. Again, unreadable.

Bum promised me a read of Xatalos and disappeared. He actually bothered to respond to my PM, which is sort of a plus, but he disappeared and didn't follow through on a simple promise, which is a minus. Pretty unreadable.

Captain Obvious is not quite on the same level of unreadable as the others but I've listed him here simply because he should not be ignored. VE had some interaction with him by calling him scum (and saying he would not mind CO getting lynched-though he said the same thing about Xatalos) but Captain Obvious has done nothing to show us he is town.

If in the worst case one or both of VE/WoS are town then the above list should probably be strongly reconsidered. In this case, we may have to reconsider some town reads. I'd start with LSB Banking and JAT and work from there.

If we are to consider balance and both VE and WoS flip scum then it is probably likely that there is a newer player on the scumteam, which would make someone like chinstrap/LSB/JAT more likely.
Wow
suchdoge
Profile Joined January 2014
Guatemala91 Posts
January 13 2014 23:44 GMT
#1878
one thing to mention is that it is likely that scum did not want marv mayor day 1.

I would expect there to have been resistance to his candidacy, but not directly. This would explain, for example, VE's late vote on marv, among other things.

This makes players such as BC and chinstrap look worse despite the fact that they did not do anything else, because they wasted their votes. This is a good way for scum to indirectly oppose a good candidacy, because by feigning ignorance they do not have to give reasons for opposing. This is something to think about but unfortunately it can't be used with anything else to further any sort of read since neither player has done anything yet.
Wow
suchdoge
Profile Joined January 2014
Guatemala91 Posts
January 14 2014 00:16 GMT
#1902
what the fuck?

Why would you reveal that?
Wow
suchdoge
Profile Joined January 2014
Guatemala91 Posts
January 14 2014 00:22 GMT
#1917
wtf that timing was awful

can someone explain this??
Wow
suchdoge
Profile Joined January 2014
Guatemala91 Posts
January 14 2014 00:25 GMT
#1924
I'm assuming he got modkilled because he put the pastebin in thread?

Although I don't understand why that would be the case.
Wow
suchdoge
Profile Joined January 2014
Guatemala91 Posts
January 14 2014 00:43 GMT
#1952
On January 14 2014 09:41 thrawn2112 wrote:
damn lsb u are pretty townie that was a pretty cool reaction test

u help us catch gumshoe, i give you .3 townie points


lol
Wow
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 353
UpATreeSC 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1272
actioN 468
BeSt 220
Dewaltoss 199
firebathero 94
Zeus 71
Trap 41
zelot 28
soO 26
Sexy 26
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 24
Bale 20
JYJ 20
Shine 20
NaDa 7
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7294
qojqva2093
Dendi833
420jenkins155
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1134
Fnx 786
x6flipin349
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6280
crisheroes5077
Liquid`Hasu683
Other Games
Beastyqt770
B2W.Neo618
ceh9489
byalli350
ArmadaUGS167
KnowMe161
Khaldor142
C9.Mang0126
TKL 118
BRAT_OK 73
Trikslyr57
Railgan11
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV258
BasetradeTV198
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream148
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH321
• StrangeGG 57
• Reevou 8
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 45
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• blackmanpl 18
• FirePhoenix13
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV414
League of Legends
• Nemesis3947
• TFBlade916
Other Games
• Shiphtur337
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 7m
Kung Fu Cup
17h 7m
Stellar Fest
19h 7m
The PondCast
1d 16h
OSC
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.