• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:09
CEST 07:09
KST 14:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8391 users

[M][N] Les Mafia - Page 74

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 153 Next
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 20 2013 04:30 GMT
#1461
On May 20 2013 13:26 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2013 13:24 DarthPunk wrote:
On May 20 2013 13:23 WaveofShadow wrote:
On May 20 2013 13:17 DarthPunk wrote:
On May 20 2013 13:15 Blazinghand wrote:
The point is, I finally got my head above the flood of jub-jubbery in this thread and then I fucked up and scumslipped (as town, mind you!)

Like you gotta admit if you did this as town you'd feel that same way


nope. I would call you all fucking idiots because I didn't scumslip if I was town. or act confused like WoS was initially.

Wait, what?
Are you calling me scum too here? Who is 'all?'


If I slipped as town I would call you all fucking idiots. 'all' being those accusing me. Don't know how you can get me calling you scum from that.


Because you said as town you wouldn't scumslip or act confused.
Plus 'act' confused insinuates you believe my confusion is an act, which since I'm apparently having so much trouble understand what you're saying, isn't.

Maybe it's all relatively simple and I'm just an idiot or fucking exhausted. I need to go to bed.


If I was town I wouldn't be so quick to understand what was going on. I would either call you all idiots immediately because to me, thinking with a town mindset, It would be fucking retarded that i slipped as town.

Or I wouldn't even understand how it was a slip and thus 'be' confused as to how it was a slip in the first place.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 20 2013 04:31 GMT
#1462
On May 20 2013 13:29 s0Lstice wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2013 13:24 Blazinghand wrote:
On May 20 2013 13:22 s0Lstice wrote:
On May 20 2013 13:15 DarthPunk wrote:
On May 20 2013 13:08 s0Lstice wrote:
On May 20 2013 13:07 DarthPunk wrote:
On May 20 2013 13:05 s0Lstice wrote:
DP, trying to think through this.

You are saying this slip means BH is a scum masoner?


Yep.


Why would he then say that he would be confirmed town after X nights when he knows that we are all aware that this is a closed set-up with the possibility of any role in play...even scum masoner?


Because scum masoners are rare and he is trying to leverage his role into town cred. Remember his mason claim is all that saved him and most of us were operating under the assumption that he was town mason.

Also people say confirmed town all the time for stupid reasons. I choose to view it as meaningless posturing.


Yea I get the leverage argument...but I'm saying there is no leverage to be had since we all have discussed the closed set-up. Rare or not, its in play, so the town has to consider it. Like, we already have talked about how the mason claim isn't alignment indicative.

I suppose it makes sense though. It also proves BH hasn't been reading the thread. If he had been diving filters, he'd know there aren't just 12 players (and hence 3 scum as per normal), and that assumption would not have arisen.


Assuming I'm town, it proves I haven't been reading the thread. If you think it's a legit scumslip, it says nothing about whether or not I'm reading the thread.


Yes it does. Scum BH would not have claimed to be confirmed town after 3 nights if he had been reading the thread. We are all factoring in the possibility of a scum mason.




Yeah. He would have. Because he slipped.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
May 20 2013 04:33 GMT
#1463
On May 20 2013 13:29 s0Lstice wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2013 13:24 Blazinghand wrote:
On May 20 2013 13:22 s0Lstice wrote:
On May 20 2013 13:15 DarthPunk wrote:
On May 20 2013 13:08 s0Lstice wrote:
On May 20 2013 13:07 DarthPunk wrote:
On May 20 2013 13:05 s0Lstice wrote:
DP, trying to think through this.

You are saying this slip means BH is a scum masoner?


Yep.


Why would he then say that he would be confirmed town after X nights when he knows that we are all aware that this is a closed set-up with the possibility of any role in play...even scum masoner?


Because scum masoners are rare and he is trying to leverage his role into town cred. Remember his mason claim is all that saved him and most of us were operating under the assumption that he was town mason.

Also people say confirmed town all the time for stupid reasons. I choose to view it as meaningless posturing.


Yea I get the leverage argument...but I'm saying there is no leverage to be had since we all have discussed the closed set-up. Rare or not, its in play, so the town has to consider it. Like, we already have talked about how the mason claim isn't alignment indicative.

I suppose it makes sense though. It also proves BH hasn't been reading the thread. If he had been diving filters, he'd know there aren't just 12 players (and hence 3 scum as per normal), and that assumption would not have arisen.


Assuming I'm town, it proves I haven't been reading the thread. If you think it's a legit scumslip, it says nothing about whether or not I'm reading the thread.


Yes it does. Scum BH would not have claimed to be confirmed town after 3 nights if he had been reading the thread. We are all factoring in the possibility of a scum mason.




OK let me lay it out more clearly. Scum BH would have scumslipped to reveal there are only 3 scum, right? But Scum BH IS IN A QT WITH TWO OTHER PLAYERS. This means he has heard them speculate about the 3p menace (since a 3-man scumteam in a 16-player normal mini immediately is aware there is at least 1 SK) and specifically mention the game size. If I am scum, the fact that I posted this "slip" has nothing to do with whether or not I was reading the thread. Scum BH knows there is a 3p in the game (or really really super dooper strongly suspects it) since his partners were like "wtf why are we only 3 in this 16 man game. He KNOWS it's a 16-man game, because it was a relevant point of the initial discussions of the scum QT. If I'm town, yes, it means I haven't filter-dived. But IF YOU THINK THE SCUMSLIP IS LEGIT you have no reason to think I'm unaware of the game size, since, well, you think I'm scum. Not that any of this is relevant to proving that I'm town, but you're wrong and you need to be informed that you're wrong.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 20 2013 04:35 GMT
#1464
I have to admire blazinghand's method of diffusing the situation by being hyper aware of everything and explaining it for people. Doesn't stop him being scum. It is his default tactic for shit like this.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
May 20 2013 04:37 GMT
#1465
On May 20 2013 13:35 DarthPunk wrote:
I have to admire blazinghand's method of diffusing the situation by being hyper aware of everything and explaining it for people. Doesn't stop him being scum. It is his default tactic for shit like this.


This observation is true, but it's what I do as scum OR town. Although it's true it's not a towntell for me, my attempts to be helpful are not a scumtell either.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
s0Lstice
Profile Joined August 2009
United States1833 Posts
May 20 2013 04:40 GMT
#1466
No, BH. I was referencing the leverage you would gain with town. Not the game size. Like DP says though, that part is not important.

DP, you are 100% convinced that a town BH who is not reading the thread could have said what he said?
ATOBTTR
s0Lstice
Profile Joined August 2009
United States1833 Posts
May 20 2013 04:41 GMT
#1467
EBWOP: convinced=not convinced
ATOBTTR
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 20 2013 04:46 GMT
#1468
On May 20 2013 13:40 s0Lstice wrote:
No, BH. I was referencing the leverage you would gain with town. Not the game size. Like DP says though, that part is not important.

DP, you are 100% convinced that a town BH who is not reading the thread could have said what he said?


I'm 100% convinced that the slip in concert with the reactions immediately afterwards means we are dealing with a scum blazinghand.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 20 2013 04:49 GMT
#1469
Additionally, even if blazinghand was not reading the thread, if he knew how many players were in the game then he would not have said 3 person scum team.

And it is a very safe assumption that BH knew the size of the game.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
s0Lstice
Profile Joined August 2009
United States1833 Posts
May 20 2013 04:50 GMT
#1470
Yea I think I'm with you DP.

BH, you would have to have been ignoring the thread to criminal extreme to not be aware of the fact that this is a 16 player game. I know you've been filter diving at least some as you've made a few cases. Ergo, your assumption really should have been 4 mafia. I just don't buy that you haven't payed enough attention to not even know how many players are in the game.

Looks like you just ninja'd me DP. But yea let's lynch him tomorrow.
ATOBTTR
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
May 20 2013 04:51 GMT
#1471
I'd like to take an additional moment to rehash DP's "damage control" critique of my play, since he harped on it quite a bit. He notes that I immediately took steps to defuse the situation or to note my own "scumslip", stating that this is something I do as scum. I've said it once, and I'll say it again: I do this as all alignments. First off, anyone who's read any of my games knows I follow up big, quickly-typed-out posts with small comments, changes, or retractions ALL THE TIME. I do this as scum, I do this as town, I do it for big things, I do it for little things. I've done it for "scumslips" as town, as I've noted this in the thread and I'll be glad to show me backtracking things in all my other games. I'll even see if I can find some "scumslips" I've successfully backtracked as town without anyone noticing. But the fact that I reacted to this calmly when that's just what I do is not alignment-indicative.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
May 20 2013 04:52 GMT
#1472
God what kind of stupid mini game has 4 scum in it anyways
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
May 20 2013 06:00 GMT
#1473
wow all my filters are so fucking bullshit to read, i have no idea how anyone analyzes my play
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
May 20 2013 06:02 GMT
#1474
BH a dead man tomorrow. That seems pretty easy.
Writer@WriterYamato
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
May 20 2013 06:03 GMT
#1475
Yamato please explain in detail your reasoning to me, and let me try to convince you I'm town. how does that sound?
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
May 20 2013 06:09 GMT
#1476
If there is a vigi contemplating shooting me to save town an "obvious" lynch, don't do it. I will talk my way out of this one, and you will be glad you didn't shoot me. Trust me. At least check back on the thread before the end of the night and read what I've said and seriously think about whether or not you want to shoot me. I'm sure I can convince you personally and the rest of the thread not to lynch me, and the future you who is convinced I'm town will be glad the past you didn't shoot me.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
May 20 2013 06:10 GMT
#1477
I don't like you already.

You make an apparent scumslip and act SCUMMY AS FUCK afterward.

I think you should die.

Seems easy enough.
Writer@WriterYamato
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
May 20 2013 06:12 GMT
#1478
On May 20 2013 15:10 yamato77 wrote:
I don't like you already.

You make an apparent scumslip and act SCUMMY AS FUCK afterward.

I think you should die.

Seems easy enough.


Ok, describe SPECIFICALLY which part of my actions are scummy, and why. If for no other reason to collect town cred when I flip red! I feel like I've debunked all of DP's points but I'd like to hear what someone other than him has to say
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
May 20 2013 06:13 GMT
#1479
DP is also correct in that you love to talk a shitton once you make a mistake as scum and try to cover it up. Not this time, pal.
Writer@WriterYamato
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
May 20 2013 06:14 GMT
#1480
On May 20 2013 15:13 yamato77 wrote:
DP is also correct in that you love to talk a shitton once you make a mistake as scum and try to cover it up. Not this time, pal.


And what about the fact that I do this also as town?
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 153 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
FoxeR 79
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4515
Leta 1631
Bale 58
Shine 29
ZergMaN 11
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm270
League of Legends
JimRising 651
Other Games
summit1g9026
WinterStarcraft604
Sick117
Mew2King33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick495
BasetradeTV161
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta22
• Letter1413
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2102
League of Legends
• Lourlo1047
• Rush566
Other Games
• Shiphtur322
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 51m
Patches Events
9h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 51m
OSC
17h 51m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.