• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:25
CEST 02:25
KST 09:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8405 users

Carnival Cruise Mafia - Page 117

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 115 116 117 118 Next
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
May 25 2013 15:58 GMT
#2321
Not sure if SK shots could be protected or not, I never really read anyone who died's PM very closely LOL hence my original confusion after the Sloosh claim.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
May 25 2013 16:10 GMT
#2322
Game would have been better as well as closer if the modkills didn't happen.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
May 25 2013 17:08 GMT
#2323
On May 26 2013 01:10 Dandel Ion wrote:
Game would have been better as well as closer if the modkills didn't happen.

I've never understood how people sign up for games and then just don't say or do dick all.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
May 25 2013 17:14 GMT
#2324
On May 26 2013 01:10 Dandel Ion wrote:
Game would have been better as well as closer if the modkills didn't happen.


given that those people signed up, the modkills were essential for town to have a fighting chance - hiro was right, they just wouldn't have had enough votes to ever lynch a scum.

obviously though you're right that the game would've been better if those people had decided to actually play
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-25 22:10:20
May 25 2013 22:06 GMT
#2325
chaoser had an emergency so he couldn't continue.

BM told me he was out of time as well.

No clue what happened with sinani.

ETA: About LYLO. As Town - this is why you should seriously do work before getting to that point. You know the worst players will be alive so try and end the game before that. Shiro was useless so he was going to be lynched at some point anyway so your chances to win were small. Something I was going to put in my analysis, but the game ended before I got to, was VE actually had a chance to bus any of his teammates since he got "DT confirmed". Scum had too many options, and prp and snb lurked the last 2? days and still couldn't be lynched. Town's chances to win were very shaky with only 1 person trying to read the thread.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
May 25 2013 22:13 GMT
#2326
I apologized in the spreadsheet but I'll apologize here too : sorry for being a bad (can we swear here? I don't remember) co-host. Nowadays I have hard time concentrating on one thing, got ill couple of days ago, basically riding a rollercoaster.
Sorry. Thanks for Ace and Dandel Ion for hosting this game!
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
May 25 2013 22:21 GMT
#2327
Thank you for hosting the game!

I'm still confused about a couple of things. Was going after Prom the wrong move?
I thought I was in danger given that I BH flipped, showing that I was pushing a town Hiro lynch over scum BH. Did I panic here? I knew when I pushed the Hiro lynch the reasoning was sound. Was I in a good position to defend any attacks against me?

So I thought I was screwed, and given that SK shot BH, I thought SK would thus continue to keep shooting scum. So I saw it as a "I'm done anyway, might as well do a 1 for 1 trade", which is what happened. Was SK not that big a threat to scum team?
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-25 22:33:22
May 25 2013 22:30 GMT
#2328
Going after Prom isn't bad. The way you did it though was crazy

In retrospect the Town collectively, didn't put 2 and 2 together. However on a night where only Scum died after a Vigi flip an SK being in the game is possible.

You guys immediately post that it must be Prom. Two errors here:

1.) You guys never disprove how anyone else can't be the Serial Killer. In fact, none of you mention anyone else's name. This was the biggest problem with the posts.

2.) There is no real attempt at proving how Prom can be the SK, but not Mafia.

So if the Town is reading they should notice a concerted effort to get Prom lynched. When they finally believe he is the SK they should also realize who is likely Scum. At this point they didn't need to lynch him as they could kill any of you and go into next day at 4-3-1. Two of the Town's PR would have gotten weakened both factions severely and probably ended the game.

On May 26 2013 07:21 slOosh wrote:

I thought I was in danger given that I BH flipped, showing that I was pushing a town Hiro lynch over scum BH. Did I panic here? I knew when I pushed the Hiro lynch the reasoning was sound. Was I in a good position to defend any attacks against me?


I don't think you were in major danger of getting lynched because Town was busy arguing among themselves.Prom was an actual threat. Even assuming Prom would shoot you guys you had options. Bulletproof vest + finding a better way to lynch him.

Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
May 25 2013 23:09 GMT
#2329
Ah ... thanks for breaking it down like that.

Now, does that mean the goal was good but the process was poorly executed? Or was the goal of eliminating SK not the best thing to do?

If if was a matter of execution, would something like this be better?
"hey these NKs are weird what is going on?"
"maybe there could be SK?"
"Prom is suspicious because [quote my post right before the mega case], right guys?"
"SKs tend to look like [insert whatever heuristics I want to conjure up], and Prom and [add another players name] look like this"

....

So as I write this ... it's hard to think, why I as town, would push SK over scum. Would this be where I make bs and try to pass it off? I don't know how to do point 2) without bringing up this point.
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
May 25 2013 23:12 GMT
#2330
Vote for mafia and let the SK do the math for who he should kill!! That is like 10 extra people scum hunting instead of laying out theoretical scenarios and wasting days.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-25 23:48:04
May 25 2013 23:47 GMT
#2331
Yea it was poor execution. Instead of you and snb coming out against Prom you could wait and see if the Town figures there must be an SK. Then you show up with oh look, Prom was accusing BH all day yesterday and go from there. Then like you said - oh look at these night kills too. Town and Scum would post analyzing the Night Kills anyway after 1 scum died so there is no suspicion there. Just throw in everyone who was trying to seriously get BH lynched. You could even stop right there and let the Town weed out the suspects for you - they may settle on Prom and walla! You've caused the SK to get lynched and the Town did the work for you Come back to claim credit for it after he flips for double lulz.

You could also paint a Scum case for Prom but that would be a bit more work with Prom going after BH. You'd really need to make a convincing bus case that the Town would believe. Not like that would be extremely hard, but you have to out argue Prom in that case. If I remember correctly most of the Scum team already had good thread presence at that point and Town were in-fighting. You could probably get a sizable voting block just convincing 2 or 3 of them and hoping apathy and deaf ears takes Prom down.

By the way this is all just theory. Even after the screw up your team did what it needed to come back from a bad position which is just as good. Probably even better.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
May 25 2013 23:55 GMT
#2332
Ok you lost me. Why would we be looking at the BH wagon, and not the HiroPro wagon?

.... ohhh

okok, so you have to lay down the premise of an SK first right, and establish that they are trying to balance numbers. So how do you push an SK lynch over a scum one? Or was this theoretically possible only because of town's poor condition, and wouldn't fly if they were a in better state?
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-26 00:13:51
May 26 2013 00:06 GMT
#2333

okok, so you have to lay down the premise of an SK first right, and establish that they are trying to balance numbers.


Right. So we work backwards and tell the town "look, BH died. The person failed to get him lynched yesterday so they shot him last night. They knew he was Scum. Pretty sure that guy is a Serial Killer"

Then you bring up BH's wagon. Let the chips fall. Also give Town lots of time to discuss things and see how close they are to lynching him. Then you add a bit more to it:

"SK was trying to balance numbers because he knows the Scum team was going to runaway with the victory. Look how hard Prom was pushing to get BH lynched."

Just mix it in like an add on to Town arguments. If they get sidetracked away from Prom you push it even harder to keep the focus on him. You appear like a Townie figuring this guy is 3rd party. Your only issue is what happens if a Townie shows up asking why lynch SK over Scum? They post an argument about a 4-3-1 scenario vs 5-4 scenario.

Then you just point out that no one has found any good Scum suspects. Of course they haven't, you've had them discussing Serial Killer possibilities for hours. They never had time

also this is kind of good: BH's wagon at the end of Day 2

Blazinghand[L-3]: HiroPro, Promethelax, VisceraEyes, HiroPro, grush, shirokami, kushm4sta, kushm4sta, Oatsmaster

You guys didn't know but the Cop is on this wagon so lynching him would have been lulz. But you've got an interesting argument to throw massive fire on Prom.

"Look at the votes on BlazingHand. Everyone except shirokami, Promethelax, and Oats switched off at one point. Oats was the last one on the wagon so if he knew BH was Scum he would have voted far earlier. Shiro's vote isn't even put on with any real explanation. (link the quote where he says "good night sweet prince"). This leaves Prome as the #1 suspect. He's the second guy on the wagon and never even changes his vote. He was 100% sure BH is Scum. He is most likely the SK"




Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
May 26 2013 00:52 GMT
#2334
Wow I got giddy reading that post.

So a couple concerns. How can you selectively point out Prom as the pusher of the BH wagon? I thought he dropped a vote on him, and VE decided to push him hard (I could very well be wrong, I only skimmed the WoS / BH mess).

On May 26 2013 09:06 Ace wrote:
"SK was trying to balance numbers because he knows the Scum team was going to runaway with the victory. Look how hard Prom was pushing to get BH lynched."

I'm not sure how I would argue this.

Also, how does Prom being 100% sure BH is scum be indicative of him being SK? It makes him suspect, but if anything it would point him to be more likely scum than SK no?
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-26 01:12:44
May 26 2013 01:11 GMT
#2335
His BH push starts with this post. It actually isn't a really convincing push since he mostly complains that no one is doing much. Not really pandering for votes so you're right about that.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=18630979

(before that he was pushing VE )

You could instead leave the part out about Prom pushing hard if you assume Townies will go back and read the interaction. Instead emphasize how he was so sure the guy was Scum he didn't even bother to change his vote. You could probably even use his lack of pushing against him - he didn't care all that much if BH didn't get lynched. Even if a townie did (HiroPro in this case) he was going to shoot him the upcoming night anyway. Prome's lack of pushing is actually an anti-town tell in this instance. A proTown player would be trying to get his scum read lynched if he is so sure. Prome was sure enough he didn't even move his vote because a Townie would die and he'd Night Kill BH. He is the Serial Killer.


Also, how does Prom being 100% sure BH is scum be indicative of him being SK? It makes him suspect, but if anything it would point him to be more likely scum than SK no?


2 paths and both are equally good for you:

1.) With BH dying and Prom on his wagon, Prom would have to be bussing. You could try and prove this and if you did that would be great. You could expose Prom for lack of pushing BH's wagon hard as he knew he wouldn't really die maybe? So it was a failed bus that happened to make Prom look good once BH got night killed.

2.) The first path is already discussed. Prom is SK because only 1 Scum died and he was pushing for BH's death. You just use the stuff already mentioned to get him killed.

Remember it isn't always about being right. You technically don't even care what is true and what isn't. You just want to prove a scenario exists where more likely than not Prom is an SK (or Mafia). Once you get enough of these little premises gathered up the Town is left to piece out what's a sound argument.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 26 2013 20:20 GMT
#2336
I want to explain my BH push when I get to a computer. Anyone familiar with my play should be able to see I never had any intension of getting him lynched. It was strictly a PR move and as Ace will tell you, a fairly transparent one.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
May 27 2013 02:05 GMT
#2337
On May 27 2013 05:20 VisceraEyes wrote:
I want to explain my BH push when I get to a computer. Anyone familiar with my play should be able to see I never had any intension of getting him lynched. It was strictly a PR move and as Ace will tell you, a fairly transparent one.


I thought so.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
May 27 2013 02:12 GMT
#2338
On May 27 2013 05:20 VisceraEyes wrote:
I want to explain my BH push when I get to a computer. Anyone familiar with my play should be able to see I never had any intension of getting him lynched. It was strictly a PR move and as Ace will tell you, a fairly transparent one.


yeah but i think ace would agree that it wasn't a very good idea in that circumstance
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
May 27 2013 03:24 GMT
#2339
I was also confused about the BH push, and wanted to discuss the role of bussing in scum play.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 27 2013 18:22 GMT
#2340
Okay here's where my mind was during that whole situation.

Promethelax was, at the time, the only super dangerous non-scum left in the game. And when I saw him come back in and drop a vote on BH, several things went through my mind.
  • Promethelax is suspicious of BH.
  • Promethelax is suspicious of me.
  • Promethelax isn't going to be here to make this push.
  • Promethelax isn't town.

So with all of these things in mind, I saw an opportunity to do one of three things: 1) Bus BH and earn infinity towncred, leaving an opening to lynch Prom for scum. 2) Achieve no lynch and make myself look better to Prom for trying to get his lynch through. 3) Achieve Mislynch in HiroPro.

Regardless of the actual outcome though, my intention was 4) make VE look unquestionably town. This was the purpose of the push on BH - to throw a wrench in the "lazyVE = scumVE" thought-train that was picking up momentum and make anyone invested in the game question their read of me.

slOosh did a good job of "convincing" me that Prom's vote was anti-town-indicative in the thread, so me not being on BH after he flipped the next morning didn't actually end up hurting me as much as I thought it would.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Prev 1 115 116 117 118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft506
Nina 174
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13639
Hyuk 57
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm218
League of Legends
Doublelift4764
Other Games
summit1g8894
FrodaN3219
JimRising 625
KnowMe202
ViBE105
ArmadaUGS81
Mew2King80
Trikslyr33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1303
BasetradeTV204
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream108
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 36m
INu's Battles
11h 36m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
14h 36m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 36m
Replay Cast
22h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 10h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.