• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:52
CEST 23:52
KST 06:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6757 users

Mafia Podcast! - Page 27

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 75 Next
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 23 2013 06:31 GMT
#521
Post-podcast was amazing.

Hopefully the Nomination stuff is interesting for you guys. I think we had some interesting insight.
Writer@WriterYamato
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
March 23 2013 06:40 GMT
#522
We should just always record post-podcast and leave it up with a few minor edits as outtakes
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 23 2013 13:49 GMT
#523
Nothing fun ever happens while you're recording. It's only fun if you can laugh like a maniac and not worry about it being recorded.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
March 23 2013 14:18 GMT
#524
So don't tell people you're recording.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 23 2013 14:21 GMT
#525
BRILLIANT
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 23 2013 14:44 GMT
#526
What we really need are people to send in either requests for topics or questions for Q&A. Like, we can totally make shit up, but if people have real questions that's obviously preferable. After all, aside from the self-gratifying masterbatory aspect of doing this, we're doing it for you, the community, and if there's something we can talk about to make you understand the game better or become a better player, chances are it will help someone else too.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 23 2013 15:28 GMT
#527
On March 23 2013 15:40 Blazinghand wrote:
We should just always record post-podcast and leave it up with a few minor edits as outtakes

I had this idea and told hapahauli to start recording before the podcast and splice in the better segments during a "break" in the show (Idle Thumbs does this to great effect) but I think we were just in a rush to get it up.

I'm glad to hear the show went well.

As far as the youtube thing, I don't think heavy post-specific analysis actually lends itself well to a great cast and it is quite boring to hear a person read a post to begin with. That kind of thing has to be peppered in, if it's present at all, and introducing the post (was in this game, by x player, on x day, who was x alignment) is good enough under those circumstances. If you want specific posts analyzed, just PM a vet or someone really good who can help you out in breaking it down.
RIP Aaliyah
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 23 2013 15:37 GMT
#528
On March 24 2013 00:28 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2013 15:40 Blazinghand wrote:
We should just always record post-podcast and leave it up with a few minor edits as outtakes

I had this idea and told hapahauli to start recording before the podcast and splice in the better segments during a "break" in the show (Idle Thumbs does this to great effect) but I think we were just in a rush to get it up.

I'm glad to hear the show went well.

As far as the youtube thing, I don't think heavy post-specific analysis actually lends itself well to a great cast and it is quite boring to hear a person read a post to begin with. That kind of thing has to be peppered in, if it's present at all, and introducing the post (was in this game, by x player, on x day, who was x alignment) is good enough under those circumstances. If you want specific posts analyzed, just PM a vet or someone really good who can help you out in breaking it down.

I agree with this sentiment. We're not making "Ver's XXX Analysis: The Podcast", because it just wouldn't be entertaining and no one would listen (regardless of whether they should or not.)
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
layabout
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United Kingdom2600 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-24 01:42:34
March 24 2013 01:25 GMT
#529
On March 24 2013 00:37 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2013 00:28 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On March 23 2013 15:40 Blazinghand wrote:
We should just always record post-podcast and leave it up with a few minor edits as outtakes

I had this idea and told hapahauli to start recording before the podcast and splice in the better segments during a "break" in the show (Idle Thumbs does this to great effect) but I think we were just in a rush to get it up.

I'm glad to hear the show went well.

As far as the youtube thing, I don't think heavy post-specific analysis actually lends itself well to a great cast and it is quite boring to hear a person read a post to begin with. That kind of thing has to be peppered in, if it's present at all, and introducing the post (was in this game, by x player, on x day, who was x alignment) is good enough under those circumstances. If you want specific posts analyzed, just PM a vet or someone really good who can help you out in breaking it down.

I agree with this sentiment. We're not making "Ver's XXX Analysis: The Podcast", because it just wouldn't be entertaining and no one would listen (regardless of whether they should or not.)

I would listen to that and i think many others would

I think individual post analysis leads itself more to text or a stream with video like palmars video analysis since he doesn't reads the post himself but delivers the analysis in a nice way.

Where is my link??
Be the Best You Can Be ! Play MAFIA II http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/ II Dragonsound Best Band
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 24 2013 02:19 GMT
#530
Episode 2 Link:
http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/16964486/TL_Scumcast_Ep_2



Overall I think it turned out well, however I'm still not convinced that podcasts are good for individual game analysis. A lot of the really good stuff (on the cast, as well as post-podcast) were from player anecdotes and borderline off-topic things.

In the next cast I record, I want to go back to just answering community questions, or just do something hilarious like discussing Personality 2 and sharing crazy mafia stories.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
March 24 2013 02:20 GMT
#531
On March 24 2013 00:28 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
As far as the youtube thing, I don't think heavy post-specific analysis actually lends itself well to a great cast and it is quite boring to hear a person read a post to begin with. That kind of thing has to be peppered in, if it's present at all, and introducing the post (was in this game, by x player, on x day, who was x alignment) is good enough under those circumstances. If you want specific posts analyzed, just PM a vet or someone really good who can help you out in breaking it down.


Not read a post, but show it.

If people want they can like just read it off the screen, while you guys give a more abstract general analysis of it, or just show it as an example.

I dunno, it may help the immersion of the listener. Talking about how someone played in a specific game and stuff kind of loses the impact if you can't experience that actual play.

This is if you want to analyze plays and stuff of course.

I'd say it would be a nice touch, to analyze a game or player every once in a while. Or give examples and show some posts and stuff on screen.

On March 23 2013 23:44 VisceraEyes wrote:
What we really need are people to send in either requests for topics or questions for Q&A. Like, we can totally make shit up, but if people have real questions that's obviously preferable. After all, aside from the self-gratifying masterbatory aspect of doing this, we're doing it for you, the community, and if there's something we can talk about to make you understand the game better or become a better player, chances are it will help someone else too.


Topic of discussion: Chezinu!
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 24 2013 07:14 GMT
#532
what's the full list of casters for nomination mafia podcast?
RIP Aaliyah
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 24 2013 07:27 GMT
#533
Hapa
Me
VE
GM

It's on the same page as the podcast.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 24 2013 08:03 GMT
#534
I will say this

I have A LOT of new ideas for how I want to play as mafia in my next game that I roll scum in.
Writer@WriterYamato
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 24 2013 08:15 GMT
#535
On March 24 2013 17:03 yamato77 wrote:
I will say this

I have A LOT of new ideas for how I want to play as mafia in my next game that I roll scum in.

Be interesting to see how u go.

I wanted to play personality 2 different, but had no need to. My first game as scum (NMM36) I had a set way I wanted to play, and ended up getting lynched.

Im not a pro mafia player by any means, but I would think that flexibility is very important for surviving.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 24 2013 08:24 GMT
#536
Also, I share Hapa's opinion; I think the best stuff we were doing was the silly off-topic rants and random discussion of games. After the cast, BH was in the call and told a HILARIOUS story about LIX, but fitting that in to a structured podcast like the one we were doing before is difficult.

Perhaps, instead of talking for 40 minutes about one game like we did with Nomination, we can spend like 10 minutes each on a few games and talk about things in more general terms. If we even want to do game-summary type things at all. The community questions were interesting topics, and we did very well covering those.
Writer@WriterYamato
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 24 2013 08:32 GMT
#537
I love the pause around the 30min mark

Yam: Phagga/Jay were so town

VE: (throws in quickly) thats only because they agreed with you

<insert awkward pause> hahahah
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
March 24 2013 08:36 GMT
#538
These should be smaller imo

I barely had time to listen to all of it.

Why not make it like 10-20 minute "snips", and have several of those per sitting?

Like, spend 10 minutes discussing 1 game, and make it an individual video. Then 10 minutes talking about something else, and another individual video.

You can make as many of these as you wish when you guys hang out in skype (or whatever) to make the podcast, but I think having more of these with a smaller duration would be better.
This way you can also "categorize" your discussions and focus on different stuff per video or stuff like that.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
March 24 2013 08:37 GMT
#539
I should just record myself rambling for like an hour about non mafia related topics
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 24 2013 08:44 GMT
#540
I prefer the longer format and completely disagree with any kind of an attempt to shorten these discussions.

The longer we went on, the more comfortable we got, and the more entertaining the podcast was.
Writer@WriterYamato
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 75 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ZombieGrub248
Nina 136
NeuroSwarm 132
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13760
NaDa 22
Bale 13
Dota 2
febbydoto25
monkeys_forever20
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King44
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu678
Other Games
summit1g4165
Grubby3417
Liquid`RaSZi2040
shahzam536
WinterStarcraft414
ToD287
C9.Mang0286
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 64
• musti20045 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1106
Other Games
• imaqtpie1020
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 8m
INu's Battles
13h 8m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
15h 8m
OSC
1d
Replay Cast
1d 1h
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.