• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:43
CEST 21:43
KST 04:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7746 users

Mafia Podcast! - Page 24

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 75 Next
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 22 2013 16:50 GMT
#461
On March 23 2013 01:46 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2013 01:42 yamato77 wrote:
On March 23 2013 01:36 Mocsta wrote:
On March 23 2013 01:28 yamato77 wrote:
but in real life I have my weird personality

Care to expound.
lol

Perhaps not weird necessarily, but I am... eccentric.

yes I can imagine that

its funny, like i obviously dont know any of you guys

but in many ways, having played so many games together etc, you get a real good feel for someones personality.

its surprising to me, cos im normally a body language and tone reader. you have none of that in this medium (other than perceived tone)



For that reason, I think you'd be quite surprised about people ^^
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 22 2013 16:51 GMT
#462
Lol now yamato made me really curious.
Do you like...feet?
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 22 2013 16:52 GMT
#463
On March 23 2013 01:51 Vivax wrote:
Lol now yamato made me really curious.
Do you like...feet?


ahahah this is great
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 22 2013 17:16 GMT
#464
On March 22 2013 23:08 VisceraEyes wrote:
I see both sides of the argument (rotating, individually driven casts vs. core set of casters with rotating guests).

Here's my opinion.

There should probably be both types of casts. The fact of the matter is that a lot of different people play here with a lot of different experiences and thoughts. And to limit WHO is on the show by saying "Oh well we only have the one guest slot" is too limiting a factor in my opinion. Take this Nomination cast for instance. I wanted to be present for the Nomination discussion, as I said I also wanted GM to be there and yamato said he also wanted to do it. Would the three of us be able to come onto a regular cast with DocH/Hapa/BH/Kurumi? That's seven people! We'd never get anything done!

Now, if you don't care about Nomination or think covering individual games is not interesting, that's one thing. But I like the idea of occasionally covering a game that has recently finished. First of all, anyone who listens to the podcast is going to be summarily familiar with any recently completed games. That's a generalization, but one that I feel is relatively accurate. But because of this, recently completed games serves as a "tying together" of players who wouldn't necessarily have much in common and give them a common ground for discussion.

I understand the want for nostalgia in the form of talking about old games (Kurumi and DocH in particular seemed to enjoy discussions of games long past) and I don't think it should be avoided outright - but as far as making it a regular segment, I think it's too narrow of a topic unless we're like...intending to analyze an old game or something.

But I digress. The point is, because I feel like recently completed games give us a platform to analyze and examine play, it makes the most sense to me to have players FROM those games on to talk about their experience in the game. Does this mean it should be the only format? Negative, but I think if we decide to talk about a specific game, it makes sense to me to have a player or 2 or the host or both come on and talk about it.

For what it's worth, I agree that there needs to be a core set of casters, a minimum of 2, who are on every show. There needs to be a flow to the show, and there needs to be someone in charge of maintaining that flow, or every show is going to be 2+ hours long. Not that I'm AGAINST a long cast, but I feel like 1 hour is optimal in most circumstances.


There's nothing stopping people from getting together and recording a skype conversation and I'm fine with adding those to the OP, I still think there should be a singular "official" sort of podcast that more or less sticks with the same formula.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 22 2013 17:17 GMT
#465
On March 23 2013 01:50 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2013 01:46 Mocsta wrote:
On March 23 2013 01:42 yamato77 wrote:
On March 23 2013 01:36 Mocsta wrote:
On March 23 2013 01:28 yamato77 wrote:
but in real life I have my weird personality

Care to expound.
lol

Perhaps not weird necessarily, but I am... eccentric.

yes I can imagine that

its funny, like i obviously dont know any of you guys

but in many ways, having played so many games together etc, you get a real good feel for someones personality.

its surprising to me, cos im normally a body language and tone reader. you have none of that in this medium (other than perceived tone)



For that reason, I think you'd be quite surprised about people ^^


I think a lot of people are very different outside of mafia. I get very pushy and I guess arrogant when it comes to mafia but I'm not like that at all about anything else. I can think of a few people whose personalities outside of mafia are actually very different.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 22 2013 17:18 GMT
#466
On March 23 2013 00:18 WaveofShadow wrote:
Alright so as one of the 'Casting Golems,' I (think I) actually have a decent amount of experience involved in casting and trying to make things interesting, as well as attempting to prod answers and analysis out of those who aren't as....animated.

If you guys would have me every so often (I'm still pretty new so I don't know how receptive you guys would be) I could try to help out, maybe if you're doing a game I was involved in, or I could help in terms of hosting/advice...? A lot of people made excellent points so far; personally I believe that having one or two hosts and bringing in one or two other people per show is probably the best way of doing things; you'd ideally want the most outspoken and charismatic people to be the hosts. I understand the rationale for getting a bunch of different people to do a game analysis though---you guys may not have to choose ultimately, but I think the one where 4-5 people from a game talk about their game is less suited to a weekly format if you want it to be professional, and have a real flow to the show.

The only issue would be I definitely would not be able to commit to any sort of a weekly thing; I'd only be available sporadically, though the month of April will be much better for me than anything in the next couple weeks. I'd love to do a [V] game at some point as well; there's no reason why that kind of episode couldn't fit into the format I think is ideal for a special episode or something.


Sorry for rambling, just throwing some ideas and thoughts out there. Really enjoyed the last one, probably has to be shorter overall imo.


I think it'd be cool to have a newer player as a consistent caster, it'd bring a very different perspective and you'd likely pose a lot of questions/statements that lead to good discussion.
RIP Aaliyah
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 22 2013 17:42 GMT
#467
Would be fun to hear estimations of people's outside personalities.
Or maybe not. I'll give it a try.

+ Show Spoiler +
I've read a little of DrH's blogs so I already have a stub of an idea, looks like a creative dude, plays music, experienced player.
Gonzaw and marv seem to be into economics or something like that, and the latter likes zombies so he's just like most Brits I've met on steam to play l4d. He also wants to have sex with a lot of people on this forum.
Gonzaw is a guy who sleeps a lot, probably some south american chilled student who likes watching football.

Promethelax, thrawn (Bye ;() and stutters are some sort of Woodstock-Bois. Liberal stuff, cool guys, prolly a bit lazy. Prom likely the youngest.

Hapa and supersoft are the law-students. They are honing their scumhunting skills on paper in the mafia forums.

Toad likes Burgers, hates on bad drivers and needs something like log (x(x-1)) seconds to masturbate, found out while studying him on google for personality 2. True story.

Oats is the asian geek guy. I'm not fond of their culture so I prefer holding back with estimations about his rl.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 22 2013 17:46 GMT
#468
I studied Economics at uni. Where did you pick that up from?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 22 2013 17:50 GMT
#469
On March 23 2013 02:42 Vivax wrote:
Would be fun to hear estimations of people's outside personalities.
Or maybe not. I'll give it a try.

+ Show Spoiler +


Toad likes Burgers, hates on bad drivers and needs something like log (x(x-1)) seconds to masturbate, found out while studying him on google for personality 2. True story.

[red] Im dying OH MAN[red]

Oats is the asian geek guy. I'm not fond of their culture so I prefer holding back with estimations about his rl.
Damn. What do you not like?


Also I think everyone one here is geeky to a certain degree, you have to be like that to want to read pages and pages of a GAME.. People think im already crazy for going on forums so often.
No gg, No skill.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-22 17:52:26
March 22 2013 17:51 GMT
#470
From LIX
On January 16 2013 01:39 gonzaw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2013 16:18 wherebugsgo wrote:
regardless of the consequences I have to be honest, it was pretty fucking hilarious.

When I found out what he did I loled for a while


Why was he modkilled?
I wanted him to show us his Keynesian analysis of the momentum of the Prius force determined by the Cornoullie principle applied to inter-social relationships in an informed minority game!


On January 16 2013 01:46 marvellosity wrote:
gonzaw dear...

GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
March 22 2013 17:51 GMT
#471
I think I speak for everyone when I say that I am obviously a person who likes everything ordinary and routine
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 22 2013 17:53 GMT
#472
you have a scary memory, Vivax
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 22 2013 18:28 GMT
#473
Well anyway, you guys will understand what I mean once you hear me talk, I think.

And no, I don't like feet much.
Writer@WriterYamato
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-22 18:34:13
March 22 2013 18:30 GMT
#474
I don't eat burgers, at all. Not sure what to make of the other things about me :p
I used to do math at university with computer science as my minor subject and changed to computer science as mayor now.
+ Show Spoiler +
And well, like every mathematician you end up being a dick to everyone because everyone treats you like a genius for whatever reason. Ever had someone ask what you're doing and you have to answer "maths"? You'll ALWAYS get the "oh so you're one of those geniuses?"-treatment. That kind of sticks to the brain if you're being told so for years and years by everyone until you realize that everyone else in your year is just as retarded as everyone else (damn those stupid physicists, thinking they're something) which most likely means you're as well. Don't ever go to a party with a lot of first or second year mathematicians. Just a bunch of pretentious asses


SuperSoft does BWL at university if I'm not terribly mistaken. BWL translates into something like business administration I guess? You know, those guys who show up with a pink polo in university.

Edit: Gonzaw was a computer science guy a well, wasn't he?
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 22 2013 18:35 GMT
#475
I'm in Bus Admin and I don't even own a pink polo, lol.
Writer@WriterYamato
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-22 18:40:16
March 22 2013 18:39 GMT
#476
On March 23 2013 02:42 Vivax wrote:
Would be fun to hear estimations of people's outside personalities.
Or maybe not. I'll give it a try.

+ Show Spoiler +
I've read a little of DrH's blogs so I already have a stub of an idea, looks like a creative dude, plays music, experienced player.
Gonzaw and marv seem to be into economics or something like that, and the latter likes zombies so he's just like most Brits I've met on steam to play l4d. He also wants to have sex with a lot of people on this forum.
Gonzaw is a guy who sleeps a lot, probably some south american chilled student who likes watching football.

Promethelax, thrawn (Bye ;() and stutters are some sort of Woodstock-Bois. Liberal stuff, cool guys, prolly a bit lazy. Prom likely the youngest.

Hapa and supersoft are the law-students. They are honing their scumhunting skills on paper in the mafia forums.

Toad likes Burgers, hates on bad drivers and needs something like log (x(x-1)) seconds to masturbate, found out while studying him on google for personality 2. True story.

Oats is the asian geek guy. I'm not fond of their culture so I prefer holding back with estimations about his rl.


I'm not really creative. A lot of those blogs were written a long time ago and I actually feel really disconnected from the way I was back then. I'm pretty bland now actually. I'm in between hobbies I think.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 22 2013 18:40 GMT
#477
We should just have a mafia lounge thread for off-topic discussion since the TL community at large kinda stinks
RIP Aaliyah
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
March 22 2013 18:42 GMT
#478
Watch out for Oats, he is reeeeeal scary.

Also I remember supersoft saying "stfu I have to be right because I'm a lawyer IRL" in some game. Maybe he was just scummily lying though.

On March 23 2013 03:40 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
We should just have a mafia lounge thread for off-topic discussion since the TL community at large kinda stinks

Isn't there some "misc mafia" thread or something like that?
A backwards poet writes inverse.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
March 22 2013 18:44 GMT
#479
idk i had a mafia general idea/discussion thread but i don't recall and off topic general thread
RIP Aaliyah
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 22 2013 18:49 GMT
#480
ON THE TOPIC OF THE CAST TONIGHT:

If anyone wants to talk to me between now and then, I really have nothing to do today. We can bullshit around, you can give me ideas of stuff to say, blah blah.

Hit me up on skype @ yamato7748
Writer@WriterYamato
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 75 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1031
TKL 344
IndyStarCraft 223
Nina 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16161
Calm 2332
Horang2 343
Mini 168
Rush 103
EffOrt 101
Zeus 49
Trap 21
Bale 16
scan(afreeca) 16
Dota 2
febbydoto15
LuMiX2
Counter-Strike
fl0m5303
Fnx 1522
pashabiceps1424
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King42
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3238
Liquid`Hasu516
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1816
Beastyqt677
B2W.Neo588
C9.Mang0327
crisheroes181
QueenE102
Trikslyr99
Dewaltoss71
UpATreeSC59
ZombieGrub31
JuggernautJason26
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
Other Games
Algost 2
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 28
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade911
Other Games
• imaqtpie947
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
14h 17m
INu's Battles
15h 17m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
17h 17m
OSC
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 3h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.