• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:24
CEST 18:24
KST 01:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13045 users

Personality Mafia 2 - Page 184

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 182 183 184 185 186 230 Next
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 15 2013 20:45 GMT
#3661
On March 16 2013 05:43 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2013 05:25 marvellosity wrote:
On March 16 2013 05:24 austinmcc wrote:
No, never read WLIAA all the way through, apart from checking some filters when they were relevant to other games.


Just take a browse through Crossfire's filter and look at the quality of his posts.

Remember in PU he had a mason claim in his back pocket.

I was about to say that PU is not good comparison material, because he was confirmed town due to mason, so he could pretty much get away with murder.

In MTG2 I pegged him as scum ridiculously easily. So he has either improved his game, or he's town. On D1 he looked like scum, but on D2 he had some insightful stuff, mainly about the nukes.

Lets kill the scum we know before worrying about their partners. Associations should help... and the Cora associations are untrustworthy. I tried working from the assumption that Cora is town, but I just tie myself into wifom knots where I have conflicting beliefs about Foolishness and the use of the death miller thing. The whole exercise seems pointless and I end up agreeing that we should just ignore the whole flip and work from our reads without Cora associations, at least for now.

Kill Foolishness. Work from there.


No, we worry about their partners. Corazon and Foolishness are as good as confirmed mafia.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
March 15 2013 20:46 GMT
#3662
On March 16 2013 05:25 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2013 05:24 austinmcc wrote:
No, never read WLIAA all the way through, apart from checking some filters when they were relevant to other games.


Just take a browse through Crossfire's filter and look at the quality of his posts.

Remember in PU he had a mason claim in his back pocket.
The quality is higher than here. The quality is also higher in the newbie that I played with him than it is here.

But if you think he was super active, he's got 3 pages of filter there over like 8 or 9 days. Here he's almost filled 3. I do usually find his posts to have more stuffz, but WLIAA isn't really an example of him being super-active, as far as I can see by just vague stamp-math.

The activity is neither here nor there. I was just using him as an example though, as someone I'm not used to seeing spam thread whereas I'm used to more posts and whatnot from iamp. If you're pushing crossfire on me, you're gonna have a hard sell. You're looking at the nuke stuff differently than I am, and I get townier feelings from slOosh and crossfire than you do.
Fe fi fo fum.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 15 2013 20:47 GMT
#3663
We know how those feelings usually turn out
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
March 15 2013 20:50 GMT
#3664
On March 16 2013 05:47 marvellosity wrote:
We know how those feelings usually turn out

Well-played
Fe fi fo fum.
Stutters695
Profile Joined July 2012
2610 Posts
March 15 2013 20:51 GMT
#3665
The quality should show you something is wrong. I'd rather lynch sloosh over him just because if sloosh is scum it essentially confirms Cross as scum since the nuke would be his only saving grace.
Stutters695
Profile Joined July 2012
2610 Posts
March 15 2013 20:53 GMT
#3666
On March 16 2013 05:43 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2013 05:25 marvellosity wrote:
On March 16 2013 05:24 austinmcc wrote:
No, never read WLIAA all the way through, apart from checking some filters when they were relevant to other games.


Just take a browse through Crossfire's filter and look at the quality of his posts.

Remember in PU he had a mason claim in his back pocket.

I was about to say that PU is not good comparison material, because he was confirmed town due to mason, so he could pretty much get away with murder.

In MTG2 I pegged him as scum ridiculously easily. So he has either improved his game, or he's town. On D1 he looked like scum, but on D2 he had some insightful stuff, mainly about the nukes.

Lets kill the scum we know before worrying about their partners. Associations should help... and the Cora associations are untrustworthy. I tried working from the assumption that Cora is town, but I just tie myself into wifom knots where I have conflicting beliefs about Foolishness and the use of the death miller thing. The whole exercise seems pointless and I end up agreeing that we should just ignore the whole flip and work from our reads without Cora associations, at least for now.

Kill Foolishness. Work from there.

Unless scum has a medic/he is also vet(doubt it) he should be dead if the cell leader has read the thread at all. Might as well treat his as dead.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 15 2013 20:57 GMT
#3667
By the way, one way or another I completely backed slOosh into a corner, so matter his alignment he was forced to do what he just did. I still find it quite likely he's mafia.

However we can judge him on the content he subsequently produces too.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
March 15 2013 20:58 GMT
#3668
party sucked but I'm drunk now.

I'll try my best and not post anything.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
March 15 2013 20:58 GMT
#3669
On March 16 2013 05:58 Dandel Ion wrote:
party sucked but I'm drunk now.

I'll try my best and not post anything.

Classic syllo
Fe fi fo fum.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 15 2013 20:59 GMT
#3670
On March 16 2013 05:50 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2013 05:47 marvellosity wrote:
We know how those feelings usually turn out

Well-played


I still like to hear about your mafia-reads though. Just so far you're cycling through people I think are pretty likely to be town (Oats, iamp).
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 15 2013 21:04 GMT
#3671
Can I just, like, go afk this game until town realizes I'vce been right all game?

mk.
Writer@WriterYamato
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 15 2013 21:05 GMT
#3672
I don't like to tell you to not be boring twice. It displeases me.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 15 2013 21:09 GMT
#3673
On March 16 2013 06:05 marvellosity wrote:
I don't like to tell you to not be boring twice. It displeases me.

I'll make my cases if town REALLY needs them

but to be honest, I don't think people are listening to association cases right now, so I'd rather just wait until we get some flips out of Sloosh/Vivax/Foolish
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 15 2013 21:10 GMT
#3674
On March 16 2013 06:05 marvellosity wrote:
I don't like to tell you to not be boring twice. It displeases me.

Writer@WriterYamato
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 15 2013 21:15 GMT
#3675
what do people think of mocsta? I just tried reading his filter but most of it is tunneled in on corazon, and for some reason I can't convince myself that's genuine. from cursory looks over nomination and newbie 37, he looks a lot less aggro and more wordy in both of those games, so i guess he is telling the truth about going in for the roleplaying this game? Makes it hard to get a meta read though, right? that actually kind of points toward town for me, since i feel like scum would feel more pressure to try and match up to their own meta, but obviously thats a weak point
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 15 2013 21:17 GMT
#3676
On March 16 2013 06:15 strongandbig wrote:
what do people think of mocsta? I just tried reading his filter but most of it is tunneled in on corazon, and for some reason I can't convince myself that's genuine. from cursory looks over nomination and newbie 37, he looks a lot less aggro and more wordy in both of those games, so i guess he is telling the truth about going in for the roleplaying this game? Makes it hard to get a meta read though, right? that actually kind of points toward town for me, since i feel like scum would feel more pressure to try and match up to their own meta, but obviously thats a weak point

Moc's posts about me SEEM genuine, but he might have just played off Cora intentionally when they were both mafia.

Idk, I doubt that he's scum, but he is a possibility. His lack of interest in this game is concerning.
Writer@WriterYamato
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 15 2013 21:19 GMT
#3677
On March 16 2013 06:17 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2013 06:15 strongandbig wrote:
what do people think of mocsta? I just tried reading his filter but most of it is tunneled in on corazon, and for some reason I can't convince myself that's genuine. from cursory looks over nomination and newbie 37, he looks a lot less aggro and more wordy in both of those games, so i guess he is telling the truth about going in for the roleplaying this game? Makes it hard to get a meta read though, right? that actually kind of points toward town for me, since i feel like scum would feel more pressure to try and match up to their own meta, but obviously thats a weak point

Moc's posts about me SEEM genuine, but he might have just played off Cora intentionally when they were both mafia.

Idk, I doubt that he's scum, but he is a possibility. His lack of interest in this game is concerning.


I agree with this assessment. Probably town, to be looked at again if other more likely options go awry.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
March 15 2013 21:37 GMT
#3678
On March 15 2013 12:08 cDgCorazon wrote:
GG =)


so which townie would qouth "GG =)"
when instead of town scum flipped he
is this a green?
that it does not seem
with that conclusion his smilies disagree
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
March 15 2013 21:38 GMT
#3679
On March 16 2013 05:59 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2013 05:50 austinmcc wrote:
On March 16 2013 05:47 marvellosity wrote:
We know how those feelings usually turn out

Well-played


I still like to hear about your mafia-reads though. Just so far you're cycling through people I think are pretty likely to be town (Oats, iamp).
Yeah, I don't love a lot of the options.

I end up coming to something odd like Foolishness/Vivax/risk.nuke/?/iamp, or replacing iamp with another. I have ideas about ?, but that has to wait.



risk sticks out because I couldn't get a solid read on him yesterday, and strongandbig's tally of townie/scummy points kind of summed up my feelings nicely. But looking back over him today, I get a stronger vibe. Specifically, here's basically the sum total of risk.nuke since he partway through yesterday:

On March 14 2013 19:24 risk.nuke wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2013 19:16 risk.nuke wrote:
No, Foolishness haven't done anything to impress me. His longer posts are mostly just roleplaying fluff and It's not enough to convince me. The fact that his claimed role sounds like bullshit is just a bonus.

Vivax is playing like a retard. There in lies the problem because I have a hard time cyphering if he's scum playing like a retard as a shield to excuse himself or if he really just is stupid.

I wouldn't like to lynch yamato either at this point.

I might be swayed to lynch Crossfire or Cora.


Actually, I'll revalue my secondary lynch candidates. TBC
Here's him voluntarily saying "Ah, I'll reconsider my reads." He never does. He responds to my post on him, strongandbig's post on him, but he doesn't ever do this. He's got no interest in the lynch, more or less, and no interest in really being up front with his reads, which is disturbing to me.

The reads that he DOES have are...not impressive.
On March 14 2013 19:16 risk.nuke wrote:
Vivax is playing like a retard. There in lies the problem because I have a hard time cyphering if he's scum playing like a retard as a shield to excuse himself or if he really just is stupid.

On March 15 2013 02:12 risk.nuke wrote:
Sloosh's role and they way he used it (while dumb and mostly chaotic) is both a townrole and he used it in a way that provided the town with information. Pretty certain he is town.

Acrofales firsts posts are scummy. His later post gets better and he appears to be scumhunting but not strictly in a way that's hard for mafia to do, I don't have enough information to determine if it's legitimate yet. I don't want to lynch him yet. I think in time he will prove himself town or get caught.

This is really it. Vivax might be scum. Acro might be scum. slOosh is town, foolishness is mafia (not shown), and cora/cross I will re-evaluate but never do.


So he's both not making real reads, and promising reads that never come. But beyond the reads, here are his reactions to the lynch and to cora's 2nd flip.
On March 15 2013 16:37 risk.nuke wrote:
So foolish actually was unlynchable. I don't think he's town from how he's playing and but now I'm not to sure he's scum based on him actually being unlynchable with the general consensus to kill him and letting cdg get killed in his stead. Which leaves third party.

On March 16 2013 00:08 risk.nuke wrote:
So do we trust that announcement or the daypost?

Grey, you didn't mess up in the daypost did you?
And again, single comment on the lynch. Single comment on the announcement this morning, which isn't even a comment. "Which do we trust?" is ... a very tame way to look at someone flipping two different alignments, and at all the discussion that followed.


I don't know what amount of activity or reads or posts or anything is reasonable to tell town risk from scum risk. What I know is that he's basically done jack, and some of the points where he chimes in dont' look like anything at all. Question + no follow-up to someone flipping TWICE. Not curious. Feels even less than unsure, because he doesn't appear to ACTUALLY be trying to figure out how he wants to interpret the flip. Just to chime in, make it seem like he don't know whassup, and then go byebye.


I like scumrisk way more than scumslOosh.

+ Show Spoiler +

SUPER MEGA BONUS POINT: risk is one of the few playes that Foolishness ever comments on. Shortly after nuking yamato, Foolishness drops
On March 13 2013 18:53 Foolishness wrote:
risk.nuke is clean as long as he stays active.

Earlier Foolishness said: You have any other reads since then?
As I said in the thread, if risk.nuke keeps up activity level then he's town. If he keeps posting at the rate he has been posting at he's mafia. He has done this thing before (go inactive and act suspicious for a day). When he's town he will come back and be active and redeem himself. I wouldn't vigi him yet, but he'd be a good person to look at in another day or two.


Only two times he appears in Foolishness's filter. Read is based PURELY on activity. After nuking yamato he just offhandedly comments on risk, drops it.
Fe fi fo fum.
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
March 15 2013 21:38 GMT
#3680
On March 16 2013 06:19 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2013 06:17 yamato77 wrote:
On March 16 2013 06:15 strongandbig wrote:
what do people think of mocsta? I just tried reading his filter but most of it is tunneled in on corazon, and for some reason I can't convince myself that's genuine. from cursory looks over nomination and newbie 37, he looks a lot less aggro and more wordy in both of those games, so i guess he is telling the truth about going in for the roleplaying this game? Makes it hard to get a meta read though, right? that actually kind of points toward town for me, since i feel like scum would feel more pressure to try and match up to their own meta, but obviously thats a weak point

Moc's posts about me SEEM genuine, but he might have just played off Cora intentionally when they were both mafia.

Idk, I doubt that he's scum, but he is a possibility. His lack of interest in this game is concerning.


I agree with this assessment. Probably town, to be looked at again if other more likely options go awry.


I think him a greenie
a bit of a weanie
bu nothing to worry about
his ideas I'd tout
especially mine: Rick getting the fourth beanie.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
Prev 1 182 183 184 185 186 230 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM742
TKL 338
IndyStarCraft 209
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 742
ByuN 338
TKL 338
Reynor 315
IndyStarCraft 209
Railgan 69
BRAT_OK 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53104
Bisu 2769
Calm 2489
FanTaSy 740
Stork 581
Rush 469
hero 283
firebathero 178
actioN 125
Sharp 90
[ Show more ]
Sea.KH 60
Free 51
Mong 30
ToSsGirL 30
Pusan 27
soO 25
Rock 24
HiyA 18
Hm[arnc] 16
Terrorterran 14
Aegong 13
scan(afreeca) 11
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc10619
Dendi1017
Counter-Strike
fl0m5401
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK11
Other Games
singsing2000
Liquid`RaSZi1577
B2W.Neo709
Beastyqt591
Khaldor506
Mlord486
olofmeister424
KnowMe340
crisheroes165
FrodaN71
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV246
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 13
• Hinosc 12
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach47
• Azhi_Dahaki8
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV531
League of Legends
• Nemesis3305
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1539
Other Games
• Shiphtur513
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 36m
OSC
6h 36m
Replay Cast
6h 36m
OSC
19h 36m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.