• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:42
CEST 02:42
KST 09:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8458 users

Personality Mafia 2 - Page 183

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 181 182 183 184 185 230 Next
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
March 15 2013 20:05 GMT
#3641
On March 16 2013 04:59 austinmcc wrote:
And the check is important, and maybe overblown here, because this
Show nested quote +
his posts are dry air
feels true. It's one of the few things that makes me go "hmmmm" in iamp's filter, the other stuff is often just so cursory.


so you on his posts you stumble
say he is too humble
no opinions of his own
his thoughts are not known
does this make you "number one scum" mumble?

that was the worst
of my rhyming verse
I'm sorry, my bad
I had to reach, a tad
I mean: is he scum first?
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
March 15 2013 20:08 GMT
#3642
imp please don't respond
to austin's check-based red thong
who is your scum
mr. evil number one
the rest of austin's points are so blonde.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 15 2013 20:10 GMT
#3643
On March 16 2013 04:46 austinmcc wrote:
In case that quotes bit was unclear, here's what I'm getting at.

iamp N1 has both Foolishness and Ver in his scum list
marv D2 comes back with a parity check on those two as different
iamp strongly believes marv to be town

iamp continues to push both Foolishness AND Ver. He does not explain why he does not trust the check.

That's fine, in and of itself. There were a lot of comments in the thread about how the check was telegraphed, and so there could be a frame or a rb. But we know marv wasn't roleblocked (PARANOIA PARANOIA: IF HE'S TOWN (WHICH HE PROBABLY IS)). And if the checks came back different, that means a frame doesn't explain both being scum.

If both were TOWN, you could frame one, have the parity check come back different, and lynch them BOTH. Get rid of 1 of 2 big scary players that you would not want to face as scum.

But if both were SCUM, you can't frame them to make the parity check come back different. You'd need a cover ability, or a framer that specifically can do both, which MIGHT be the case. Or a gf, which MIGHT be the case.

iamp just jumps into wanting to lynch BOTH players though. Despite the parity check, despite a roleblock not occurring, despite a regular frame + the check indicating that both are actually TOWN. So he's relying on one of them being a gf or one of them being covered, but nobody is really discussing those powers and he doesn't see fit to mention. He just carries his night scum reads over to day, without taking into account a parity check that a big town read got back.

Scum. Dude scum.


what are you talking about? why are you assuming mafia can't frame one of their own?

the fact is i broadcasted my parity check and mafia did not roleblock me. it's a fairly safe assumption that they *could* have either roleblocked me or fucked with the results.

you're putting way too much stock in this.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
March 15 2013 20:11 GMT
#3644
Nah, he's not number one. Foolishness and Vivax both higher up.

But there have to be more, and there are people that are flying under the radar that I am not used to doing so. Like stutters being absent, crossfire being heavily absent, business as usual. iamp feeling absent, not business as usual.

As in, I'm not sold on slOosh, prplhz gets town points for having his vote be stolen and for having some reasonable and thoughtful posts when the thread has gotten weird (response to the cora flip mainly), so I gotta keep looking.


iamp,

Timestamps. That post is like 13 hours after your foolishness/ver comment.
Fe fi fo fum.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 15 2013 20:12 GMT
#3645
I find it very highly likely iamp is town.

This is a wrong road you're going down, austin.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 15 2013 20:14 GMT
#3646
On March 16 2013 05:08 Promethelax wrote:
imp please don't respond
to austin's check-based red thong
who is your scum
mr. evil number one
the rest of austin's points are so blonde.

I think I have said fool for a gazillion times
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
March 15 2013 20:15 GMT
#3647
Alright, dropping this.
Fe fi fo fum.
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
March 15 2013 20:17 GMT
#3648
On March 16 2013 05:14 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2013 05:08 Promethelax wrote:
imp please don't respond
to austin's check-based red thong
who is your scum
mr. evil number one
the rest of austin's points are so blonde.

I think I have said fool for a gazillion times


You know that I want more
so please, don't be a bore
you know what I want
your arrogance do not flaunt
give me your scums and the reasons, the lore.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 15 2013 20:18 GMT
#3649
On March 16 2013 05:11 austinmcc wrote:
Nah, he's not number one. Foolishness and Vivax both higher up.

But there have to be more, and there are people that are flying under the radar that I am not used to doing so. Like stutters being absent, crossfire being heavily absent, business as usual. iamp feeling absent, not business as usual.

As in, I'm not sold on slOosh, prplhz gets town points for having his vote be stolen and for having some reasonable and thoughtful posts when the thread has gotten weird (response to the cora flip mainly), so I gotta keep looking.


iamp,

Timestamps. That post is like 13 hours after your foolishness/ver comment.


Why do you say this is business as usual for town Crossfire?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
March 15 2013 20:19 GMT
#3650
On March 16 2013 05:18 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2013 05:11 austinmcc wrote:
Nah, he's not number one. Foolishness and Vivax both higher up.

But there have to be more, and there are people that are flying under the radar that I am not used to doing so. Like stutters being absent, crossfire being heavily absent, business as usual. iamp feeling absent, not business as usual.

As in, I'm not sold on slOosh, prplhz gets town points for having his vote be stolen and for having some reasonable and thoughtful posts when the thread has gotten weird (response to the cora flip mainly), so I gotta keep looking.


iamp,

Timestamps. That post is like 13 hours after your foolishness/ver comment.


Why do you say this is business as usual for town Crossfire?
Eh? You disagree?
Fe fi fo fum.
Stutters695
Profile Joined July 2012
2610 Posts
March 15 2013 20:21 GMT
#3651
Town cross post count usually does seem really similar to mine. His complete lack of any content is what makes him scum, he's just more involved as town.
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
March 15 2013 20:21 GMT
#3652
On March 16 2013 05:19 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2013 05:18 marvellosity wrote:
On March 16 2013 05:11 austinmcc wrote:
Nah, he's not number one. Foolishness and Vivax both higher up.

But there have to be more, and there are people that are flying under the radar that I am not used to doing so. Like stutters being absent, crossfire being heavily absent, business as usual. iamp feeling absent, not business as usual.

As in, I'm not sold on slOosh, prplhz gets town points for having his vote be stolen and for having some reasonable and thoughtful posts when the thread has gotten weird (response to the cora flip mainly), so I gotta keep looking.


iamp,

Timestamps. That post is like 13 hours after your foolishness/ver comment.


Why do you say this is business as usual for town Crossfire?
Eh? You disagree?


Have you read WLIAA?
Artanis & marv
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 15 2013 20:22 GMT
#3653
On March 16 2013 05:21 FiveTouch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2013 05:19 austinmcc wrote:
On March 16 2013 05:18 marvellosity wrote:
On March 16 2013 05:11 austinmcc wrote:
Nah, he's not number one. Foolishness and Vivax both higher up.

But there have to be more, and there are people that are flying under the radar that I am not used to doing so. Like stutters being absent, crossfire being heavily absent, business as usual. iamp feeling absent, not business as usual.

As in, I'm not sold on slOosh, prplhz gets town points for having his vote be stolen and for having some reasonable and thoughtful posts when the thread has gotten weird (response to the cora flip mainly), so I gotta keep looking.


iamp,

Timestamps. That post is like 13 hours after your foolishness/ver comment.


Why do you say this is business as usual for town Crossfire?
Eh? You disagree?


Have you read WLIAA?


given a short while ago I was using 3 different accounts on this forum and only derped once, my record this game has been awful
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
March 15 2013 20:22 GMT
#3654
Like in PU crossfire was gone for what felt like half the game. I feel like I remember him being somewhat absent in a newbie I played with him, but he posted more substantially when he was there.

I know he's been silly-lurky in a game I played with him as mafia, but he's always felt lurky to me in town games as well.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
March 15 2013 20:24 GMT
#3655
No, never read WLIAA all the way through, apart from checking some filters when they were relevant to other games.
Fe fi fo fum.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 15 2013 20:25 GMT
#3656
On March 16 2013 05:24 austinmcc wrote:
No, never read WLIAA all the way through, apart from checking some filters when they were relevant to other games.


Just take a browse through Crossfire's filter and look at the quality of his posts.

Remember in PU he had a mason claim in his back pocket.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
March 15 2013 20:28 GMT
#3657
On March 16 2013 05:25 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2013 05:24 austinmcc wrote:
No, never read WLIAA all the way through, apart from checking some filters when they were relevant to other games.


Just take a browse through Crossfire's filter and look at the quality of his posts.

Remember in PU he had a mason claim in his back pocket.


has he played that well
in another shell?
that game was his best
so nows the real test
can he, in another game, be swell?
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
March 15 2013 20:37 GMT
#3658
On March 16 2013 04:27 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2013 04:22 slOosh wrote:
On March 16 2013 04:13 prplhz wrote:
it also seems dumb with a fool/cora/sloosh/vivax/whatever scum team because they're simply all quite vocally opposed to marv and scum usually spread out and keep a relatively low profile, instead we have a bunch of posters who are all very active in opposing marv who has this thread pretty much under control. it's silly.

So what's your conclusion? Are we scum?


why don't you, I don't know, read the two posts I made about Foolish, read his response, read the various things about Corazon - i.e. his blatant survival instinct, his awful tunnel, his refusal to comment on Foolishness, his 100% surety that he was going to die when the rest of the thread had no idea if Foolishness was telling the truth.

Go back and do those things, and tell me what's happening in this game.

I think ... I figured out why I'm so bad ... the themed games screw with me. Nomination, PYPower, Liar Game ... all of it fits together... anyways,

Yea so I shut up and did some serious reading. It seems like different play fueled my paranoia of you into a scummy interpretation. For instance, upon rereading you are right that cora's behavior around lynch is strange, but I would say that it is knowing that he has the power to control the lynch but choosing to instead martyr that gives himself away, not the he knew he was gonna die (probably because I've seen plenty of townies pull this "kill me so with my flip you realize player X is scum", which it seemed like what he was doing).

Upon reading your two big posts I agree with and it was the kind of thing I was initially looking for when Foolishness initially made the case. When you picked out the kill order, I really believed that is a null point, because I saw a reason why I would want scum yamato flip first, and I think supersoft also said he wanted to flip yamato first (but didn't explain until later I think). What saw as scummy on review is that he went yamato => crossfire => marv, not yamato => marv => crossfire, because there would be no point in putting crossfire before marv. Again, same conclusion but using different information.

I apologize the undue stress placed upon you marv. It's just the misfortune of having a new category of player I call themedtownslOosh which seems to play pretty poorly. Yea. Foolishness scum. My bad. If I'm still unreadable and you still want to lynch me that's totally understandable. In the meantime I'm just gonna have to build my reads from base up, unless you want me to focus on something neutral / less talked about to see if we come to the same conclusions.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 15 2013 20:40 GMT
#3659
I'd just like your best case on who you want to lynch tomorrow whose name is not Foolishness.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
March 15 2013 20:43 GMT
#3660
On March 16 2013 05:25 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2013 05:24 austinmcc wrote:
No, never read WLIAA all the way through, apart from checking some filters when they were relevant to other games.


Just take a browse through Crossfire's filter and look at the quality of his posts.

Remember in PU he had a mason claim in his back pocket.

I was about to say that PU is not good comparison material, because he was confirmed town due to mason, so he could pretty much get away with murder.

In MTG2 I pegged him as scum ridiculously easily. So he has either improved his game, or he's town. On D1 he looked like scum, but on D2 he had some insightful stuff, mainly about the nukes.

Lets kill the scum we know before worrying about their partners. Associations should help... and the Cora associations are untrustworthy. I tried working from the assumption that Cora is town, but I just tie myself into wifom knots where I have conflicting beliefs about Foolishness and the use of the death miller thing. The whole exercise seems pointless and I end up agreeing that we should just ignore the whole flip and work from our reads without Cora associations, at least for now.

Kill Foolishness. Work from there.
Prev 1 181 182 183 184 185 230 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 95
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 464
Bale 32
League of Legends
Doublelift4360
Other Games
summit1g9426
JimRising 517
ViBE245
Livibee192
KnowMe165
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick671
BasetradeTV195
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 123
• Adnapsc2 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1279
• Shiphtur569
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 18m
Patches Events
14h 18m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 18m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 18m
OSC
22h 18m
OSC
1d 11h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.