• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:23
CEST 07:23
KST 14:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8110 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXXVII - Page 87

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 92 Next
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
February 20 2013 02:56 GMT
#1721
By the powers combined the Strange Mocca brewed the greatest espresso ever known to man! But yeah I would be down for it.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 20 2013 03:14 GMT
#1722
On February 20 2013 10:59 TestSubject893 wrote:
Cora: Why were you trying so hard to discredit me? Its not the end of the world to be suspicious, but the more you refused to scumhunt and spend effort hating on me, the more I thought there was no way you were town.


Literally, your one contribution to the game was getting the sk in your blue role. The rest of your game was spent tunneling me.

I almost asked the host to IP test you and Geript because you two were making the same exact argument, the same one that I had refuted 1000 times and yet you still pushed me on it.

When you finally told me that my actions "weren't justifiable", it was ridiculously pissing me off because you kept pushing me on the same thing and gave me no room to scrutinize your argument or even to defend myself from it.

In your eyes, I was only scum, and that's a terrible mentality to take as town. You really just claimed tracker and once you had the SK you sat around and threw geript's arguments at me. You refused to even give him credit or admit that they were the exact same arguments that Geript used.

I was about to make a case on you because it looked so obvious that scum TS would've killed Geript and made it look like they were killing someone on the right track. The fact that you were confirmed town both nullified the case and made me frustrated that the only thing you decided to do in your power was tunnel me. I'm not going to sugarcoat this: It's shit play.

You just basically took the fact that you were 99.9% confirmed town to sit there and make shitty arguments. Had you not claimed, I would've pushed for your lynch.


Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 20 2013 03:17 GMT
#1723
Also the fact that Syl played both NMM and another game of Mafia at the same time led to another frustrating aspect. All I would see on the other game was posts by Syl, yet he made absolutely no activity on this game...
Grubby's #1 Fan
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
February 20 2013 03:21 GMT
#1724
cor, you weren't exactly the towniest of townies. if the confirmed town thinks you're scum that doesn't only mean they're an idiot, it means there's some combination of them being an idiot and you playing like scum going on. in this particular instance, i'd say that test was not being an idiot. he was one of the few townies approaching the game in a way that was actually going to be productive. you should stop playing town like scum instead of raging against people who think you're scum

so calling his play "shit" is pretty hilarious and like i said earlier you should do some soul searching
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
February 20 2013 03:27 GMT
#1725
On February 20 2013 07:55 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 07:52 geript wrote:
Mocsta, well played. I think you really aimed Cora pretty well. I think the major thing that killing me N1 did was allow you to control the town directive without appearing in charge. I think you had a number of really good posts. It's just hard to read anyone when so many people lurk so hard.


While you're here can I ask you why you are mad at me and never want to play with me again?

Because you played like an asshole the whole game. I have no problems with people being wrong, that happens. I can deal with pushing bad reads. But I stand behind everything I said about you two creating a negative town atmosphere; at least Mocsta had a reason to be harming atmosphere. I think part of the reason for no consolidation was the fact that no one wanted to deal with the bullshit you'd give them. I think I even stated in game, there's a difference between being aggressive (which can be good) and being an asshole (which is always worthless). Letting off the gas can be as effective in reading people as putting it on.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 20 2013 03:36 GMT
#1726
On February 20 2013 12:27 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 07:55 cDgCorazon wrote:
On February 20 2013 07:52 geript wrote:
Mocsta, well played. I think you really aimed Cora pretty well. I think the major thing that killing me N1 did was allow you to control the town directive without appearing in charge. I think you had a number of really good posts. It's just hard to read anyone when so many people lurk so hard.


While you're here can I ask you why you are mad at me and never want to play with me again?

Because you played like an asshole the whole game. I have no problems with people being wrong, that happens. I can deal with pushing bad reads. But I stand behind everything I said about you two creating a negative town atmosphere; at least Mocsta had a reason to be harming atmosphere. I think part of the reason for no consolidation was the fact that no one wanted to deal with the bullshit you'd give them. I think I even stated in game, there's a difference between being aggressive (which can be good) and being an asshole (which is always worthless). Letting off the gas can be as effective in reading people as putting it on.

I think this is over generalized.

It takes two to tango; yes Corazon was unpleasant at times; I can understand why he choose to 'combust' the way he did.
corazon was beating the warbaby drum; and no one reciprocated - which is not a problem. Its that IIRC his case was essentially ignored; no critiques, no extensions etc just plain ignored for a "policy lurker lynch"

Pretty frustrating if you ask me. That doesnt give reason to behave the way he did; but, Im more pointing out its not like he wanted to be that way intentionally (I hope)
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
February 20 2013 03:38 GMT
#1727
I'ma quote something I wrote in obs QT.

The thing which has really frusturated me, even just watching this game, is the tendency of certain players to tell everyone else what they can and can't do.
"Make cases on lurkers!"
"Don't make cases on lurkers!"
"Don't make cases on your scumbuddies!"
"Don't make cases on my scumbuddies!"
"You're not allowed to ask questions!"
It obviously hasn't helped them find scum at all and it's made the game really painful to read, let alone play.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 20 2013 03:38 GMT
#1728
On February 20 2013 12:21 thrawn2112 wrote:
cor, you weren't exactly the towniest of townies. if the confirmed town thinks you're scum that doesn't only mean they're an idiot, it means there's some combination of them being an idiot and you playing like scum going on. in this particular instance, i'd say that test was not being an idiot. he was one of the few townies approaching the game in a way that was actually going to be productive. you should stop playing town like scum instead of raging against people who think you're scum

so calling his play "shit" is pretty hilarious and like i said earlier you should do some soul searching


I don't feel like his play was productive at all. He refused to do anything but repeat Geript and I called him out multiple times for it, yet he continued to do it.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
February 20 2013 03:40 GMT
#1729
I kinda wish the next newbie would open so everyone stops chasing their tails here :/
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 20 2013 03:43 GMT
#1730
If you think I played like an asshole, you need to go look at NMM XXXVI. That was a shitfest.

It gets frustrating when your case does not gain any traction (especially after WB's emotional reaction to it), and then you have to go with a lynch that you really wish you didn't need to make, get called out for it (it was a fair case) multiple times even though you've already answered it, and then have to deal with another guy tunneling you for the same reasons. Perhaps if you guys didn't irritate me with your play so much, I wouldn't snap as easily. Ever thought about that?
Grubby's #1 Fan
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 20 2013 03:49 GMT
#1731
On February 20 2013 12:38 Aquanim wrote:
I'ma quote something I wrote in obs QT.
Show nested quote +

The thing which has really frusturated me, even just watching this game, is the tendency of certain players to tell everyone else what they can and can't do.
"Make cases on lurkers!"
"Don't make cases on lurkers!"
"Don't make cases on your scumbuddies!"
"Don't make cases on my scumbuddies!"
"You're not allowed to ask questions!"
It obviously hasn't helped them find scum at all and it's made the game really painful to read, let alone play.

Believe it or not; I agree - because it leads to confirmation bias (ironic coming from me)

HOWEVER.. I think the above is an unwritten 'law' regardless.
Some things can only be achieved effectively when you have sufficient town cred/established innocence.
Otherwise it is likely to just fall upon deaf ears; this is human nature - whether tunneled or not.

e.g.
If a 3-post lurker makes a case on the most active/vocal person; who has been speaking within logic/reason. Most likely the 3-post lurker post will be ignored.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 20 2013 03:52 GMT
#1732
On February 20 2013 12:43 cDgCorazon wrote:
If you think I played like an asshole, you need to go look at NMM XXXVI. That was a shitfest.

It gets frustrating when your case does not gain any traction (especially after WB's emotional reaction to it), and then you have to go with a lynch that you really wish you didn't need to make, get called out for it (it was a fair case) multiple times even though you've already answered it, and then have to deal with another guy tunneling you for the same reasons. Perhaps if you guys didn't irritate me with your play so much, I wouldn't snap as easily. Ever thought about that?

You need to chillax matey and go back to ya playstyle from NMM34.

You were calm, more introverted and looking for rational, well-reasoned play. Its why you were shot N1.

Something happened to you in NMM36, and you carried it with you to this game. Mafia is a game of 'intense emotions' people are going to shit you to tears; and if scum know they can compromise you... they will try.

Only YOU are accountable for YOUR actions. No one else.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
February 20 2013 03:54 GMT
#1733
On February 20 2013 12:49 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 12:38 Aquanim wrote:
I'ma quote something I wrote in obs QT.

The thing which has really frusturated me, even just watching this game, is the tendency of certain players to tell everyone else what they can and can't do.
"Make cases on lurkers!"
"Don't make cases on lurkers!"
"Don't make cases on your scumbuddies!"
"Don't make cases on my scumbuddies!"
"You're not allowed to ask questions!"
It obviously hasn't helped them find scum at all and it's made the game really painful to read, let alone play.

Believe it or not; I agree - because it leads to confirmation bias (ironic coming from me)

HOWEVER.. I think the above is an unwritten 'law' regardless.
Some things can only be achieved effectively when you have sufficient town cred/established innocence.
Otherwise it is likely to just fall upon deaf ears; this is human nature - whether tunneled or not.

e.g.
If a 3-post lurker makes a case on the most active/vocal person; who has been speaking within logic/reason. Most likely the 3-post lurker post will be ignored.

Sure, sure... but if you tell the 3-post lurker to shut up and do whatever you tell them when they DO make a contribution, you'll be left with a 4-post lurker for the rest of the game. Which is hardly ideal.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
February 20 2013 03:58 GMT
#1734
On February 20 2013 12:43 cDgCorazon wrote:
If you think I played like an asshole, you need to go look at NMM XXXVI. That was a shitfest.

It gets frustrating when your case does not gain any traction (especially after WB's emotional reaction to it), and then you have to go with a lynch that you really wish you didn't need to make, get called out for it (it was a fair case) multiple times even though you've already answered it, and then have to deal with another guy tunneling you for the same reasons. Perhaps if you guys didn't irritate me with your play so much, I wouldn't snap as easily. Ever thought about that?

If your case doesn't gain any traction, then maybe your case is bad. I know that when I saw your initial case I thought it was both hasty and weak at best. I didn't feel bad about the Mocsta case being set aside as I didn't think it was a great case; I kept on wanting to make a better case on him but just couldn't find it. My point was that how you acted in the thread didn't help to either the atmosphere or to your case being taken seriously. Also, if multiple people are re-asking the same question, then perhaps you should go back and look at your answers and see if you actually answered the question. There were a number of times in the game when you deflected answers and questions instead of just being straight up.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 20 2013 03:59 GMT
#1735
On February 20 2013 12:52 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 12:43 cDgCorazon wrote:
If you think I played like an asshole, you need to go look at NMM XXXVI. That was a shitfest.

It gets frustrating when your case does not gain any traction (especially after WB's emotional reaction to it), and then you have to go with a lynch that you really wish you didn't need to make, get called out for it (it was a fair case) multiple times even though you've already answered it, and then have to deal with another guy tunneling you for the same reasons. Perhaps if you guys didn't irritate me with your play so much, I wouldn't snap as easily. Ever thought about that?

You need to chillax matey and go back to ya playstyle from NMM34.

You were calm, more introverted and looking for rational, well-reasoned play. Its why you were shot N1.

Something happened to you in NMM36, and you carried it with you to this game. Mafia is a game of 'intense emotions' people are going to shit you to tears; and if scum know they can compromise you... they will try.

Only YOU are accountable for YOUR actions. No one else.


It really was a bad thing that my first mafia game was as scum. I'm still a bit clueless on how to scumhunt more effectively, but I'm working on it.

Yeah it's NMM36 just broke me so badly, especially when WB became emotional again and it became NMM36 all over again...

I need to challenge my inner Aqua or Cakepie if I want to play town well...lol.

Anyways anyone who thought I was scum should've looked at my NMM33 play (I actually looked at it again because nothing was going on in this game) and should've figured out that if I was scum, I'd use a TON of misdirection play, and would not get vocal about things. My scum play and my town play are still easy to separate.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-20 04:01:20
February 20 2013 03:59 GMT
#1736
On February 20 2013 12:58 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 12:43 cDgCorazon wrote:
If you think I played like an asshole, you need to go look at NMM XXXVI. That was a shitfest.

It gets frustrating when your case does not gain any traction (especially after WB's emotional reaction to it), and then you have to go with a lynch that you really wish you didn't need to make, get called out for it (it was a fair case) multiple times even though you've already answered it, and then have to deal with another guy tunneling you for the same reasons. Perhaps if you guys didn't irritate me with your play so much, I wouldn't snap as easily. Ever thought about that?

If your case doesn't gain any traction, then maybe your case is bad. I know that when I saw your initial case I thought it was both hasty and weak at best. I didn't feel bad about the Mocsta case being set aside as I didn't think it was a great case; I kept on wanting to make a better case on him but just couldn't find it. My point was that how you acted in the thread didn't help to either the atmosphere or to your case being taken seriously. Also, if multiple people are re-asking the same question, then perhaps you should go back and look at your answers and see if you actually answered the question. There were a number of times in the game when you deflected answers and questions instead of just being straight up.


Are you still waiting for an answer on the Glurio question? All I got from your argument was that I didn't vote for WB and that I voted for Glurio. I'm not trying to be mean.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 20 2013 04:02 GMT
#1737
On February 20 2013 12:54 Aquanim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 12:49 Mocsta wrote:
On February 20 2013 12:38 Aquanim wrote:
I'ma quote something I wrote in obs QT.

The thing which has really frusturated me, even just watching this game, is the tendency of certain players to tell everyone else what they can and can't do.
"Make cases on lurkers!"
"Don't make cases on lurkers!"
"Don't make cases on your scumbuddies!"
"Don't make cases on my scumbuddies!"
"You're not allowed to ask questions!"
It obviously hasn't helped them find scum at all and it's made the game really painful to read, let alone play.

Believe it or not; I agree - because it leads to confirmation bias (ironic coming from me)

HOWEVER.. I think the above is an unwritten 'law' regardless.
Some things can only be achieved effectively when you have sufficient town cred/established innocence.
Otherwise it is likely to just fall upon deaf ears; this is human nature - whether tunneled or not.

e.g.
If a 3-post lurker makes a case on the most active/vocal person; who has been speaking within logic/reason. Most likely the 3-post lurker post will be ignored.

Sure, sure... but if you tell the 3-post lurker to shut up and do whatever you tell them when they DO make a contribution, you'll be left with a 4-post lurker for the rest of the game. Which is hardly ideal.

I can agree with that point; clearly there are multitudes of cons.

But to lambaste corazon solely is unwarranted. - I know that you are generalizing; but the majority of the thread is targeting corazon.
Corazon was not the only proponent of "damned if you, damned if you don't" logic in this game.
Sn0_Man (i think?) exhibited the same tendencies - and I did call him out on it. (Coulda been TestSubject, cant remember)
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 20 2013 04:05 GMT
#1738
On February 20 2013 13:02 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 12:54 Aquanim wrote:
On February 20 2013 12:49 Mocsta wrote:
On February 20 2013 12:38 Aquanim wrote:
I'ma quote something I wrote in obs QT.

The thing which has really frusturated me, even just watching this game, is the tendency of certain players to tell everyone else what they can and can't do.
"Make cases on lurkers!"
"Don't make cases on lurkers!"
"Don't make cases on your scumbuddies!"
"Don't make cases on my scumbuddies!"
"You're not allowed to ask questions!"
It obviously hasn't helped them find scum at all and it's made the game really painful to read, let alone play.

Believe it or not; I agree - because it leads to confirmation bias (ironic coming from me)

HOWEVER.. I think the above is an unwritten 'law' regardless.
Some things can only be achieved effectively when you have sufficient town cred/established innocence.
Otherwise it is likely to just fall upon deaf ears; this is human nature - whether tunneled or not.

e.g.
If a 3-post lurker makes a case on the most active/vocal person; who has been speaking within logic/reason. Most likely the 3-post lurker post will be ignored.

Sure, sure... but if you tell the 3-post lurker to shut up and do whatever you tell them when they DO make a contribution, you'll be left with a 4-post lurker for the rest of the game. Which is hardly ideal.

I can agree with that point; clearly there are multitudes of cons.

But to lambaste corazon solely is unwarranted. - I know that you are generalizing; but the majority of the thread is targeting corazon.
Corazon was not the only proponent of "damned if you, damned if you don't" logic in this game.
Sn0_Man (i think?) exhibited the same tendencies - and I did call him out on it. (Coulda been TestSubject, cant remember)


I called TS out on it.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 20 2013 04:08 GMT
#1739
On February 20 2013 12:59 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 12:58 geript wrote:
On February 20 2013 12:43 cDgCorazon wrote:
If you think I played like an asshole, you need to go look at NMM XXXVI. That was a shitfest.

It gets frustrating when your case does not gain any traction (especially after WB's emotional reaction to it), and then you have to go with a lynch that you really wish you didn't need to make, get called out for it (it was a fair case) multiple times even though you've already answered it, and then have to deal with another guy tunneling you for the same reasons. Perhaps if you guys didn't irritate me with your play so much, I wouldn't snap as easily. Ever thought about that?

If your case doesn't gain any traction, then maybe your case is bad. I know that when I saw your initial case I thought it was both hasty and weak at best. I didn't feel bad about the Mocsta case being set aside as I didn't think it was a great case; I kept on wanting to make a better case on him but just couldn't find it. My point was that how you acted in the thread didn't help to either the atmosphere or to your case being taken seriously. Also, if multiple people are re-asking the same question, then perhaps you should go back and look at your answers and see if you actually answered the question. There were a number of times in the game when you deflected answers and questions instead of just being straight up.


Are you still waiting for an answer on the Glurio question? All I got from your argument was that I didn't vote for WB and that I voted for Glurio. I'm not trying to be mean.

I actually think zarepath figured this all out before the bitter end
Shame he didnt chime in earlier; woulda made for an exciting mislynch on zarepath

On February 20 2013 01:17 zarepath wrote:
Mocsta was the momentum for the Glurio lynch.

However, we can say that Cora was only trying to do what Mocsta had asked for earlier -- consolidation.

I concur with this. I think corazon had enough of a town read on me; to follow my vote and consolidate.

I dont think he wanted to admit it; because it doesnt look good (considering it was a mislynch... and everything everyone else pointed).

I know there are times i make decisions in mafia; it doesnt pan out well.. and ppl questioning me, and i avoid giving them the answer I know they want.. BECAUSE. i know they will twist it to suit their confirmation bias.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
February 20 2013 04:09 GMT
#1740
On February 20 2013 13:02 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 12:54 Aquanim wrote:
On February 20 2013 12:49 Mocsta wrote:
On February 20 2013 12:38 Aquanim wrote:
I'ma quote something I wrote in obs QT.

The thing which has really frusturated me, even just watching this game, is the tendency of certain players to tell everyone else what they can and can't do.
"Make cases on lurkers!"
"Don't make cases on lurkers!"
"Don't make cases on your scumbuddies!"
"Don't make cases on my scumbuddies!"
"You're not allowed to ask questions!"
It obviously hasn't helped them find scum at all and it's made the game really painful to read, let alone play.

Believe it or not; I agree - because it leads to confirmation bias (ironic coming from me)

HOWEVER.. I think the above is an unwritten 'law' regardless.
Some things can only be achieved effectively when you have sufficient town cred/established innocence.
Otherwise it is likely to just fall upon deaf ears; this is human nature - whether tunneled or not.

e.g.
If a 3-post lurker makes a case on the most active/vocal person; who has been speaking within logic/reason. Most likely the 3-post lurker post will be ignored.

Sure, sure... but if you tell the 3-post lurker to shut up and do whatever you tell them when they DO make a contribution, you'll be left with a 4-post lurker for the rest of the game. Which is hardly ideal.

I can agree with that point; clearly there are multitudes of cons.

But to lambaste corazon solely is unwarranted. - I know that you are generalizing; but the majority of the thread is targeting corazon.
Corazon was not the only proponent of "damned if you, damned if you don't" logic in this game.
Sn0_Man (i think?) exhibited the same tendencies - and I did call him out on it. (Coulda been TestSubject, cant remember)

Hold on - I wasn't aiming that at Corazon at all really (although in context I can definitely see it appeared that way, sorry). Especially at the time it was more a comment on your play and Warbaby's (you were scum so I don't hold it against you, but it is a bit of a trend in your play).
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 92 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 651
Hyuk 470
Leta 105
Icarus 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm219
League of Legends
JimRising 732
Other Games
summit1g9396
WinterStarcraft472
Mew2King78
ArmadaUGS29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick972
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream157
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2260
League of Legends
• Rush1318
• Lourlo1098
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 37m
INu's Battles
6h 37m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 37m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 37m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 37m
Replay Cast
17h 37m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.