• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:48
CEST 20:48
KST 03:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8696 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXXVII - Page 37

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 92 Next
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 12 2013 19:57 GMT
#721
On February 13 2013 04:52 WaveofShadow wrote:
I feel like doing a full case on Sevryn right now but I have a midterm soon so I don't have the time to follow up. Will be back a few hours pre-vote.

Sevryn has been tunneling Glurio REAL hard all game. The only post not directed at Glurio since yesterday was one talking about how he wants to see more from lurkers like Mandalor when they have contributed far more than he has. His filter is one page long and the first few posts are all game theory crap. Not linking here because you can check the filter yourself; real easy read.

Now I don't like glurio this game either so I'm going to speculate a little.
I don't believe they are both scum. If they were both scum and Sevryn implicates glurio, then he is in danger of being lynched D1 due to lurker/scummy reads on him so far. I can't see him doing this and leaving it up to chance at the end of the day like he says. I don't believe this is a bus attempt either because it's a newbie game, and bussing is real big talk most of the time. I don't believe they are both good town either because each has posted 'just enough' to attempt to stay under radar while contributing absolutely nothing of value. Essentially I believe either Sevryn or glurio are scum right now, with another scum being one of the 0-post lurkers, Sylencia or geript as I had stated earlier.


So you think that:
One of Glurio/Sevyrn is scum
One of Sylencia/Geript/9bit/Macheji is scum
One of the rest is scum.

Why are you voting for a 1/4 chance when you could vote for a 1/2 chance (glurio/sevyrn)? Plus, I'm of the opinion that it should be fairly easy to lynch one of glurio/sevyrn if you make a realistic case.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 12 2013 20:08 GMT
#722
On February 13 2013 04:52 zarepath wrote:
Here's the thing -- we don't KNOW that he'll be replaced

Well if they aren't replaced then WoS is voting no-lynch which is NOT helping town

On February 13 2013 04:52 zarepath wrote:It is actually to scum's advantage for replacements to come in because we have less info on them if they ARE scum and have plenty of excuses to roll with, and if they're NOT scum town is still going to spend a bunch of energy wondering about this mysterious replacement when they come in.


Sure, but one of the most important parts of the day 1 lynch is to GENERATE INFORMATION. The voting is often very informative. If we all just vote for a 0-poster then we don't learn anything, and the player may as well have been modkilled + we have a no-lynch. Once again, this isn't helping town.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
February 12 2013 20:10 GMT
#723
I'll just say that voting for a non-poster doesn't necessarily not generate any information. But you have a point, and now I'm getting too deep into theory.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
February 12 2013 21:06 GMT
#724
Okay, the vote is in just four hours, yes?

I would really like everyone's opinion on warbaby. We certainly got away from him for a while, and he seemed less emotional, but I think we should all look at his filter again (I will be doing it, too), and decide if the second half of Day 1 changes how you see him for the first half of Day 1.

I would especially like to hear from 9-Bit, Mocheji, Sevryn, glurio, warbaby, Mandalor, and Sylencia.

I'll have my final read and vote before lynch time, hopefully early enough so that the last hours aren't insane.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 12 2013 21:09 GMT
#725
Yeah 4 hours.

I actually kinda like insane last hours, they lead to screw-ups which are often key to catching scum. But yeah, I intend on having my vote in decently ahead of lynch. I'll read up on warbaby but otherwise I like a sev/glurio lynch today. One of the two.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
February 12 2013 21:20 GMT
#726
Sev has been pretty consistent on his read on Glurio, and hasn't really bandwagoned at all except on my fake case. He also pointed out Mandalor.

Glurio defended WB as town, attacks Mocsta, did a big case on Sn0 (you) and then said he only did it because he was told to, and then said he only did it as a trap (?). He did go out of his way to pressure Mandalor, though.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
February 12 2013 21:21 GMT
#727
Well warbaby soft-blue claimed, so i don't think we can or should lynch him today.
He obviously made some terrible posts at the beginning of the day, but he did so last game too, also he soft-blue claimed last game to and turned out to be the doc.
Hes also very active so if he's scum he'll actually slip up sooner or later.
I'd prefer lynching one of the lurkier players, sevryn, syl or mandalor right now.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 12 2013 21:26 GMT
#728
On February 13 2013 06:21 glurio wrote:
I'd prefer lynching one of the lurkier players, sevryn, syl or mandalor right now.


Which one? Why?

I mean, I don't disagree, but you have 3 targets and I'm assuming you don't think that you have nailed the 3-man scumteam so there is reason to go further than "one of these 3".
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
February 12 2013 21:29 GMT
#729
Just popping in to say that Mocsta last posted 6 hours ago, which is really weird. I assume he must sleep at least 6 hours a day, though.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
February 12 2013 21:30 GMT
#730
Right now i prefer either Mandalor or Sevryn. Depends on what they come forward with till the lynch.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 12 2013 21:30 GMT
#731
On February 13 2013 06:29 zarepath wrote:
Just popping in to say that Mocsta last posted 6 hours ago, which is really weird. I assume he must sleep at least 6 hours a day, though.


Warbaby's last post is quite a while ago (page 30 methinks?) as well if I didn't mess up his filter somehow. I still think it safe to say we will see both of them before lynch.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
February 12 2013 21:35 GMT
#732
I'll go grab something to eat and watch a movie. After that i'll be here for the pre-lynch craziness.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 12 2013 21:47 GMT
#733
On February 13 2013 06:21 glurio wrote:
Well warbaby soft-blue claimed, so i don't think we can or should lynch him today.
He obviously made some terrible posts at the beginning of the day, but he did so last game too, also he soft-blue claimed last game to and turned out to be the doc.
Hes also very active so if he's scum he'll actually slip up sooner or later.
I'd prefer lynching one of the lurkier players, sevryn, syl or mandalor right now.


Can you quote the post where I soft blue claimed? All I recall is hard claiming town alignment, and refusing to role claim (which is not a soft claim).
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 12 2013 21:54 GMT
#734
On February 11 2013 14:01 warbaby wrote:
I won't claim my actual role right now (just that my alignment is not mafia rofl), but if we get to a point later (d2+) where others are considering claiming, I will not hesitate this time.


On February 11 2013 20:57 warbaby wrote:
I could give away more information (like a blue role) later on, but I haven't done that yet


Between the two of these it looks like you are saying "I'm blue but I'm not gonna out and say it". VTs traditionally have no real problem mentioning that they are VT (afaik?). You are more like "I'm town, but I won't tell you what special kind of town". Which means you are a special kind. Which is a soft claim. Even if you didn't mean it that way, at least half the thread read it that way.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 12 2013 21:56 GMT
#735
To further explain WB, the fact that you even went so far as to mention roles and blue and whatever looks bad. "I'm Town" looks fine and doesn't claim VT or blue, but "I won't tell you my role (other than I'm town)" looks leading/breadcrumby/soft-claim.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 12 2013 22:06 GMT
#736
OK I see what you mean, thanks for explaining. That wasn't my intention but I'm not gonna argue the point more.

I'm done with work for the day, so I'll catch up with the thread and will be around for the next couple hours
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 12 2013 22:24 GMT
#737
On February 13 2013 06:54 Sn0_Man wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 14:01 warbaby wrote:
I won't claim my actual role right now (just that my alignment is not mafia rofl), but if we get to a point later (d2+) where others are considering claiming, I will not hesitate this time.


Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 20:57 warbaby wrote:
I could give away more information (like a blue role) later on, but I haven't done that yet


Between the two of these it looks like you are saying "I'm blue but I'm not gonna out and say it". VTs traditionally have no real problem mentioning that they are VT (afaik?).



This.

If you were VT, you would've come out and said so after the pressure on all of your "trying to look like town" actions. Claiming VT has nothing to lose, as scum would rather take their chances on hitting a blue rather than a VT.

If you were VT, you would've said so.
If you were blue, you would not have tried to look ridiculously town to the point where scum would be willing to kill you off.
Therefore, I don't really believe your claim.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 12 2013 22:28 GMT
#738
However, if you were veteran, you would act as such because you would be wanting to bait the scum attacking you and saving everyone from the N1 kill. Is that your plan?

It's the only blue role where I could see you trying to look townie ridiculously hard.
Grubby's #1 Fan
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 12 2013 22:29 GMT
#739
I explained why I won't role claim, but why I'm happy to alignment claim. Scum does not know my role yet. If I'm VT, then scum can skip lynching me tonight, which gives them a higher chance of hitting a blue. Claiming blue now would be insane because it would guarantee my lynch tonight. How do you not understand this?

Honestly it almost seems like you're scum, and trying to trick me into claiming my role instead of just my alignment.

Because I assume you do understand the difference between a role and an alignment.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 12 2013 22:31 GMT
#740
On February 13 2013 06:06 zarepath wrote:
Okay, the vote is in just four hours, yes?

I would really like everyone's opinion on warbaby. We certainly got away from him for a while, and he seemed less emotional, but I think we should all look at his filter again (I will be doing it, too), and decide if the second half of Day 1 changes how you see him for the first half of Day 1.

I would especially like to hear from 9-Bit, Mocheji, Sevryn, glurio, [b]warbaby[b/], Mandalor, and Sylencia.

I'll have my final read and vote before lynch time, hopefully early enough so that the last hours aren't insane.


You want my opinion on myself? I think I'm dashing and handsome.

But seriously? I've already responded as much as I care to right now about the case against me. I guess this doesn't satisfy corazon (or others), but my job isn't to satisfy corazon (and others), it's to hunt scum.

My opinion on others hasn't changed a whole lot. I think it's a bit odd glurio would take off for a movie after dinner, when there are 4 hours to lynch, seems a little odd. Is he delaying to see where the bandwagon goes? This makes him seem more like he did in the last game (as scum).

Mandalor's post about sylencia is not exactly breaking news, so I still think he's lurking pretty effectively. No new posts from sylencia or sevryn -- so I'm happy leaving my vote on sylencia for now.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 92 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM815
TKL 296
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 815
ByuN 358
mouzHeroMarine 333
TKL 296
IndyStarCraft 204
BRAT_OK 56
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15636
Calm 2561
Horang2 414
Dewaltoss 147
Mini 146
Rush 92
EffOrt 56
Zeus 48
Free 31
Trap 27
[ Show more ]
Bale 18
ToSsGirL 17
scan(afreeca) 15
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
febbydoto18
LuMiX0
League of Legends
KnowMe53
Counter-Strike
fl0m5210
pashabiceps1647
Fnx 1029
edward30
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King50
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2707
Liquid`Hasu572
Other Games
singsing1766
Liquid`RaSZi1670
Beastyqt785
B2W.Neo395
C9.Mang0290
crisheroes215
dupreeh146
QueenE104
Trikslyr92
UpATreeSC61
JuggernautJason23
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream18
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• EnkiAlexander 33
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 22
• Michael_bg 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2705
League of Legends
• Nemesis3279
• TFBlade689
Other Games
• imaqtpie830
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 12m
INu's Battles
16h 12m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
18h 12m
OSC
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 4h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.