• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:54
CEST 21:54
KST 04:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9222 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXXVII - Page 15

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 Next All
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 18 2013 22:49 GMT
#1532
On February 19 2013 07:45 Sn0_Man wrote:
In this game, the godfather evades all watchers/trackers. I'm assuming this means that if scum had a godfather and used him to execute kills nobody would be able to trace it (aka the godfather would be the one to kill TS).

Noted & after checking OP agreed; didn't realise that.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 18 2013 23:15 GMT
#1533
Guys I do not believe I will be around at lynch deadline.

Have a meeting penned in for about 3 hrs around the deadline.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 19 2013 01:53 GMT
#1552
GG Syl

I wish you had made that final post.

As an aside; corazon, we already had 2 replacements this game; I agree Mandalor shoulda subbed out; but i dunno what the chances woulda been of scoring somebody?
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 19 2013 01:55 GMT
#1553
Guys; considering the situation we are going to be in
I see two courses of action

(1) Everybody clam up; so scum have to figure out who they want to shoot - hopefully they hit a ?vet?

OR

(2) We be completely transparent and everyone post their reads; that way , if anyone dies it doesnt matter cos we can all follow through with the same lynch plan next day?

Thoughts?
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 19 2013 02:17 GMT
#1556
On February 19 2013 10:52 zarepath wrote:
When Mocsta was going off on OO, he was quite certain that OO was SK.
zarepath, this is not the first time you have been lazy with reading content; and formed leads founded on misrepresented information. (e.g. DT fake case)
=============
In regards to OO -> SK
On February 14 2013 10:05 Sylencia wrote:
I was roleblocked last night.
On February 14 2013 10:17 Mocsta wrote:
Im taking a break; thsi is seriously fucked up

(1) Who did mafia actually target?
(2) 2nd hit: Vig hit or SK hit;

On February 14 2013 12:10 ObviousOne wrote:
You sure you guys don't want any more help, then? If I'm the SK you have a guaranteed not-scum lynch putting you that much closer to MYLO/LYLO with no real information. I mean, I just want to know if I can fuck off if you're not going to read any more cases for me. If you will read them, they will come.
On February 14 2013 12:17 Mocsta wrote:
The problem remains

(1) You are scum and made the kill
but u said you are vig and made the kill; so if we said.. you are scum... who the fuck killed geript..
either way, sk or scum which => lynch

(2) You are vig and made the kill
...
(3) You are SK and made the kill
...

I am going to explain this one last time.
When I was responding to OO, I was addressing his posts/finds which were fixated on SK vs vig. It was clear he wasnt vig.. which only left SK.
It wasn't till I took a breather that I realised scum was also a possibility; and I stipulated it above.

===========
He was also quick to suggest Syl's fake role claiming.

Sylencia was the one that proposed the fake roleblock.
On February 14 2013 10:24 Sylencia wrote:
- Town JK: Since I'm being seen as scum, might've chosen me to block a shot but why would the scum team ever choose me to shoot in that spot, since everyone is already looking at me. Unless they thought I was a framer, this seems unlikely.

This is from his first analysis of the roleblock - which I assume is true now... which means we have at least one scum power role.
============
And ifyou look at the first half of D1, he accused/suggested that an incredibly large number of different people were scummy.

Who? My targets on D1 were clear; I found warbaby and Geript suspicious.
warbaby has really lifted his play the last cycle; and was one of the few people in this town that gave a shit... Im not going to lynch a guy who actually gave a shit when we could be in MYLO.



As I said at the start zarepath; there have been numerous accounts of you chasing false leads based on nothing....
By itself, I could think mislead/confused townie.

If I include things such as the fake DT case that went no where; your continual promises to filter dive and produce reads - but never follow; and your lack of activity when recognising the importance of the last lynch.... i think townie read is starting to evaporate very quickly in the heat of the australian summer.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 19 2013 02:41 GMT
#1561
[fluff]
Setup Speculation
Take with a grain of salt
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=C9++

This game is C9++, the page linked is for normal setup with JK/Vig/Mason etc.
This is the same probabilities, jsut replacing the blue roles (I believe, only host knows for certain).

Now, with Sylencia death; we know there is an RB; and we know there is SK.

=========
+ Show Spoiler [2 scum team] +

If we assume team is 2 scum + SK,
The two options are
TTTTTTT = Goon + Godfather, SK - as this doesnt allow blues.
OR
TTTTT = Goon + GF, SK - as Sylencia was RB, this doesn't hold.

2 man scum team is impossible based on the RB claim.
=========

The 3 man scum setups with SK =
T = Goon + RB + GF, SK
If setup is "T", then there are 6 blue letters rolled => approx 3-6 blues rolled.
I am not certain how the host handles multiple letter rolls (like VV; as all vig are one-shot)
OR
TTT = 2 Goons + RB, SK
If setup is "TTT" then there are 4 blue letters rolled => approx 2-4 blues rolled.
(based on the 4 VTs flipping.. this situation is more likely)
As 3-6 Blues, indicates 3-6 VTs; which is starting to look unlikely based on flips

So far the flips: 4 VT, 1 Blue, 1 SK

Lets assume 13 players
3 scum
1 sk
2-4 blues
5-7 VTs

This leaves us now with: 1-3 blues and 3-1 VTs.

=========
What is the point

Based on likelihood and Sylencia RB claim; I believe we are dealing with 2 Goons + 1 RB.

Secondly, there is a chance there are 3 VTs, and only 1 Blue left (who may not even be a vet)
I think we need to shut up shop this cycle, and not let scum figure out who *ISN'T* a vet.

Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 19 2013 02:44 GMT
#1562
On February 19 2013 11:39 zarepath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2013 11:35 cDgCorazon wrote:
Zare most of these are just discussion questions. The only one where I'd say he thinks the person is scum is the one about WB.

You're just reaching with this argument.


Not officially, but you don't say things like "Why not, you worried I'll find out you're scum?" to promote a good town environment day 1.

This isn't a case; this is backing up my claim that Mocsta suggests is a false one.

I think you're getting completely muddled by early day1 banter to promote discussion.

Its how the game works; just like my comment to Sn0_Man. If you think that post to him is indicative of me having a firm scum read on him 2hrs into the game; you're grasping as straws MAJORLY.

warbaby was the first guy I genuinely followed up with; as he was my first *actual* read.

The rest of what you posted (other than Geript) is foreplay... and you know it.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 19 2013 03:03 GMT
#1563
EBWOP

Actuallly what you quoted on Geript was foreplay.

I later had a genuine read on Geript; but for whatever reason you were only focused on play from the frist 12 or so hours - so didnt include it.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 19 2013 20:27 GMT
#1638
Gg guys.

Can understand the pain. Hurts when u think one of your own has been actively hindering your thought processes all game. :;

But yes the SK slip was bad in the con text that I knew he wasn't scum...but it was genuinely based on TS being solely focused on SK/vig

Just remember I actively lead town to each lynch.. It was by no means an easy win, I don't think if sno/zare delurked over the weekend I would have been high for suspicion and I still had war baby I could push.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 19 2013 20:32 GMT
#1642
On February 20 2013 05:26 Promethelax wrote:
Show nested quote +
I can't take on Mocsta myself because he is ridiculously good at Mafia.


I think you'll find that Mocsta is in fact very loud. Which is different than being very good at mafia. The way to tell his town play from his scum play is simply his goal. When he is town he tries to make things go right and works with others he thinks are town. As scum he goes just a little more insane.

Insane in the membrane
Insane in the brain

Agree on town tell for sure. Dunno what the scum one infers but will take it anyway hajha

I will say I find scum much more enjoyable to play
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 19 2013 20:34 GMT
#1643
On February 20 2013 05:30 cDgCorazon wrote:
Bleh, one more thing:

Scum, why'd you kill Geript N1?

Its all in scum at

In case lazy.

I thought he was sleeper analyst like acid when I was last scum

Took him out before he got momentum
During day1 he was the only person I felt i had to proof read posts before sending.. So full credit to him
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 19 2013 20:39 GMT
#1647
On February 20 2013 05:31 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 05:27 Mocsta wrote:
Gg guys.

Can understand the pain. Hurts when u think one of your own has been actively hindering your thought processes all game. :;

But yes the SK slip was bad in the con text that I knew he wasn't scum...but it was genuinely based on TS being solely focused on SK/vig

Just remember I actively lead town to each lynch.. It was by no means an easy win, I don't think if sno/zare delurked over the weekend I would have been high for suspicion and I still had war baby I could push.

You guys had it a lot easier than you could have though. So much lurk.
Also I was convinced Sev was scum and was going to tunnel the shit out of him until I could get enough to prove it 100%, but then SK took care of me for you guys.

In any case I think I have some of how the game (and maybe player meta) works now so I'm going to try signing up for any game that'll take me.
I'm HOOKED, gentlemen.

Edit: Also, just remembered something. What was the deal with the Sylencia RB?

Disagree completely.
Sevryn and at stages mandalor were on the block MASSIVELY at many stages especially due to lurking.

Town was all over them.

Sylencia didn't fall my accident. Town voted him based on defends... But the only reason he had to make a defends was primarily due to my pressure

SK was hunting scum n1 and could a taken out anyone. Agree on before he basically became a vig.


Just remember its easy to sit in at and say u have insurmountable evidence. That doesn't mean u can campaign a vote.
I did not play a perfect game by any means. And yes. The overall lurking worked in my favour.
But u guys gotta be honest with yourselves with this one. On day3 u had 2 out of 3 scum on the block and in my opinion there were many reasons to call sylencia town.

I didn't force everyone to vote sylencia....
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 19 2013 20:48 GMT
#1649
P.s. sevryn was due to be lynched day1

Until I setup glurio.

U were there WoS.

The major thing in this game is (mainly for war baby) is
Priorities are:
Establish innocence
2. Scum hunt
3. Be pro town

Many of my contributions were 3. Aligned and its really easy to fake.. I don't believe I made a case the whole game. (Other than writing sevryns lol)great pick up their Sn0
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 19 2013 20:59 GMT
#1653
Heheh

Well newbies games are for sweingnwhat works what doesn't

Hopefully this explains why policy lurker lynch sucks

Its just a medium for enabling discussion but shouldn't replace scum hunting
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 19 2013 21:01 GMT
#1654
On February 20 2013 05:57 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 05:48 Mocsta wrote:
P.s. sevryn was due to be lynched day1

Until I setup glurio.

U were there WoS.

The major thing in this game is (mainly for war baby) is
Priorities are:
Establish innocence
2. Scum hunt
3. Be pro town

Many of my contributions were 3. Aligned and its really easy to fake.. I don't believe I made a case the whole game. (Other than writing sevryns lol)great pick up their Sn0

Glurio set himself up; his play was scummy as hell, but yes, you're right, my biggest mistake was pussing out Day 1 and not changing my vote to Sevryn earlier.

U need to read the thread again... It was scum who initiated glurio
He actually did alright and was confident enough to push his own reads whether right or wrong.

He did not set himself up at all... If u read scum qt it will be clear lol
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 19 2013 21:08 GMT
#1660
Exactly if you choose the right lurker
In my opinion u are scum hunting


Grabbing three guys and RNG them is lynch kurker policy to me and is stupid.

P.s. RNG sucks majorly. That was just me trolling at start. Sorry.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 19 2013 21:15 GMT
#1663
I would wanted to keep u as gun for hire if u didn't try so hard to dodge the case hejhe.

U became too untrustworthy for me from that point on
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 19 2013 21:20 GMT
#1667
Reading OBS qt and some great discussion around keeping SK alive or not.

Def worth a read.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 19 2013 21:20 GMT
#1668
Around post 160ish
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 19 2013 23:32 GMT
#1684
Prob was just a heat of the moment comment corazon. Tensions run high whilst playing


Hmmm well Ima be taking a break from Mafia. good luck to all those migrating to non newbies. The lurking is just as hard over there and can really shit u to tears.



I'm obviously still known for terrible reads but can say from being Mafia the only time I felt under pressure was when when the SK case came out. So what I am saying is. Many of the things in was spewing which looked like contributions were actually not.
When I was setting up ppl I took worse case scenarios to paint ppl red, even though early game I was advocating looking at both sides to discern bad townie from scum.

I think if overall u guys challenged ppls reads more.. Would have lead to more pressure. in particular sevryn would have disintegrated. I think town severely lacked that critical thought and for what ever reason had a tendency to just ignore posts with logic they didn't agree with. This is not conducive towards good scum hunting

With this new in game experience. Next time I roll town I am going to make a habit to break down ppl logic when presented, as though bad logic is not indicative of scum. The follow up pressure I think can lead to slips and back tracking.


With all that said. We were very lucky mandalor came through with a hero vote to not be mod killed. I think in general though his activity level was unacceptable regardless of IRL issues and he should been chopped much earlier.

Best of luck for future games
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason88
BRAT_OK 63
Railgan 38
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17277
Mini 372
Dewaltoss 183
Hyuk 136
ggaemo 109
firebathero 107
ZZZero.O 80
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8354
febbydoto19
League of Legends
Doublelift1433
Counter-Strike
Fnx 702
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4833
Khaldor1283
crisheroes1043
Liquid`Hasu804
Other Games
summit1g4294
FrodaN2426
fl0m1069
Beastyqt816
mouzStarbuck366
KnowMe362
ArmadaUGS125
Mew2King53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1134
BasetradeTV195
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 108
• Adnapsc2 27
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 43
• 80smullet 21
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8144
Other Games
• imaqtpie876
• Shiphtur264
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 6m
INu's Battles
16h 6m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19h 6m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 6m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 6m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.