• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:12
CEST 14:12
KST 21:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10082 users

TL Mafia LIX - Page 169

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 167 168 169 170 171 213 Next
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 28 2013 16:55 GMT
#3361
On January 29 2013 01:54 FiveTouch wrote:
It's not weak at all, it's extremely strong.

Who do you think was mafia that voted either of them?

If they supposedly "split votes".
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 28 2013 16:57 GMT
#3362
On January 22 2013 09:53 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Day 1 Votecount


austinmcc - 3
Oatsmaster
austinmcc
sandroba

gonzaw - 3
Gonzaw
mocsta
axlegreaser

The votecounts, for reference.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 28 2013 17:00 GMT
#3363
Furthermore, look at Chezinu's behavior right before the deadline, immediately following that votecount:

On January 22 2013 09:58 Chezinu wrote:
##unvote

##vote austinmcc


On January 22 2013 09:59 Chezinu wrote:
##unvote

##vote BroodKingEXE


On January 22 2013 09:59 Chezinu wrote:
##unvote

##vote Gonzaw


What is going on there?
Writer@WriterYamato
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 28 2013 17:01 GMT
#3364
I don't know who the mafia are, but it's the principle. It's silly that they either didn't support each other or at least leave their options open to support each other.

austin in general has been townier than guys like fuba, stutters, annul.
Artanis & marv
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 28 2013 17:02 GMT
#3365
he's fucking around on his way to voting gonzaw.
Artanis & marv
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
January 28 2013 17:03 GMT
#3366
On January 29 2013 01:36 FiveTouch wrote:
The reason that Vivax quoted of bugs is an extremely good reason not to, actually.

Three major candidates for sherriff - toad, austin, gonzaw. If both gonzaw/austin are mafia then they shouldn't have been running against each other so late in the day, or they should have been giving themselves options to try to get the other into power. None of these things happened.


Mind if I correct you?

On January 22 2013 05:11 gonzaw wrote:
It's obvious I won't be mayor now (it's like 5 hours until deadline right?), so I'm okay with the sheriff position.

austin seems likely town as well, and posts his thought process and explanations, and he'd be a good player to have protection from BGs as well, wouldn't mind him being sheriff either.
Wouldn't mind Toad being sheriff either, but yeah those successive votes on him seem weird.


gonzaw January 22 2013 05:29.
Show nested quote +

On January 21 2013 17:24 Mocsta wrote:
Gonzaw
Im very close to handing you my vote for Mayor.

Overall I like the vibe I get when reading your filter. I think your approach has been reasonable, I don't agree with everything but that is also to be expected.

Before I hand over my vote, I would like to know

"Out of the current candidates with a fighting chance, who would be your choice for Sheriff?" (& why)


austin and Toad, and me obviously.
Like some have said, the sheriff role seems perfect for people we want to protect and are likely town and scum would want to kill them (at least after I read that when skimming the thread )


Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
January 28 2013 17:04 GMT
#3367


On January 22 2013 01:11 austinmcc wrote:
(4) Look at Gonzaw hard. If he's town, I think he'd be a solid mayor. He can get caught up in his own scheming just like I can, but he's shown an ability to be able to direct a game/faction if put into a position of power, and that's, again, a valuable quality to have in a mayor. I do not want scumGonzaw in that position though, at all. So he's a lot like Chez for me, in that I really don't want to risk mayor Gonzaw unless we're pretty certain of his alignment.


On January 22 2013 01:31 austinmcc wrote:
Read over Gonzaw some more. Like Gonzaw. Gonzaw is a candidate I would place a vote on.

Some short reasons:
  • This bit of a post - + Show Spoiler +
    I am reminded of really old game called Master Of magic The guide to it says they would like to see the AI summon Toren Once, just once. Toren in that game is a virtual force of nature, one game strategy is to summon toren but it requires such huge resource commitment that normally you just could have won the other way. I wish to Summon a Chezinu once.
    - just feels like an odd and genuine thought.
  • Picked up on stutters, has stayed somewhat on stutters.
  • Looks dumb because he's agreeing with me, but look at this - + Show Spoiler +
    I do have to say that I agree with austin that JieXian's 1st post wasn't as "scummy" as many people (you+sandro) pointed out, it's null at worst.
    I think the 1st posts from many other people would be "far" more scummy (in relation, not objectively at least), like our guy Stutters' up there, and maybe other's like FiveTouch, or maybe even debears.
    Why did you give Jiexian so much flak Vivax? Why did you instantly want to lynch him instead of other's (based on their 1st post as well)?
    - He doesn't just say "I don't find JX's post scummy." He says, "I also don't find JX's post scummy, especially when compared to the posts from these people." That shows me he's looking through the game, reading posts, and actively keeping track of people looking scummy. Would expect scum D1 this game to be more focused on controlling who gets the positions of power in this game, rather than making a little offhand remark like this.
  • Is wary of Sandroba, and follows up on that wariness. Has asked Toad multiple times for updates on how Toad reads Sandroba's continued play.
  • Is critical of others reads when he deals with them, but again, pushes things forward. Not "I think JX town" but "I think JX town, because under the reasoning you guys gave for him to be scum, these guys scummier." Same thing when he talks about oats here. Not "I think oats town/scum," but "I don't like this bit of the case on oats, but I do like these bits. Here is how I see things." Then an added bonus follow-up about stutters AND sandro that post.
  • When chatting with mocsta for a moment, shows he's critically thinking about the difference between mayoral and normal games, but also at the end of that again follows up by asking about mocsta's views on stutters and clarity


I view Gonzaw as townie because of the above. I know that a lot of those points are all the same thing, in that Gonzaw is never just stopping at a response or an explanation, but continuing to make reads or push his reads. Even so, I like that, and the fact that he's constantly doing that makes it feel more genuine and townie to me.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 28 2013 17:07 GMT
#3368
Vivax with the assist!

I can't believe the two of us are seeing things you aren't, Marv.
Writer@WriterYamato
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
January 28 2013 17:08 GMT
#3369
make that three!
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 28 2013 17:08 GMT
#3370
And yet gonzaw supported Toad over austin, and austin never moved his vote over to gonzaw even though he could easily have done so without attracting suspicion :/
Artanis & marv
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
January 28 2013 17:08 GMT
#3371
On January 28 2013 23:08 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2013 20:12 mkfuba07 wrote:
On January 28 2013 19:16 Mocsta wrote:
The logs between Chez and I as promised. I am posting this incase I am a target for the NK for whatever reason

I do not have the IRC stuff, but that is where we discussed the 6 weapons of influence etc (i.e. #1 reciprocity etc)

Anyways, of note.. Chezinu says:
On January 28 2013 19:13 Mocsta wrote:
Chezinu
grush - I've seen him play mafia a lot. He is usually the first to go.

As townie, I don't know.

Toad no like grush
Grush like yam!


Chez is now confirmed mafia, and says he not sure if Grush is town.

WHAT is weird. is.. Chezinu says "Grush like yam!"... this was WAY before yamato came out and said Grush mason him.

Im not sure what to make of this... just got home from another bbq, so not in the mood to think.


Thanks. I'll take a better look at the logs when I wake up.

On January 28 2013 19:45 annul wrote:
did chez use his ability on yamato, or is yamato also a mason and yamato used his power to talk to chez?

I'm pretty sure yamato masoned chez. I'm not sure who chez masoned D1. Do we know who grush masoned D2, D3? It seems he also missed his second vote, so he's kind of on my mind.


What do you make of this?

I don't see how it would be a scumslip, and I'm not even sure it's a bold assumption. I'd have to check filters again, but I remember phrases such as "the two who masoned Chezinu yesterday masoned me today", and they made me think this way.

I'm not even gonna ask you to explain why it's a scumslip though, because I know I'm not mafia, and I'm back to thinking you're town.

@All: Who did Chez mason D1?

@yamato: Do you have your chezinu logs?

@FT: Same question, but might I also ask for the D2 logs of you with mocsta and yamato?
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 28 2013 17:09 GMT
#3372
On January 29 2013 02:08 FiveTouch wrote:
And yet gonzaw supported Toad over austin, and austin never moved his vote over to gonzaw even though he could easily have done so without attracting suspicion :/

Sounds like you're more upset that this didn't happen than you are about it being a reason he isn't mafia.
Writer@WriterYamato
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 28 2013 17:10 GMT
#3373
On January 29 2013 02:09 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 02:08 FiveTouch wrote:
And yet gonzaw supported Toad over austin, and austin never moved his vote over to gonzaw even though he could easily have done so without attracting suspicion :/

Sounds like you're more upset that this didn't happen than you are about it being a reason he isn't mafia.


This doesn't even make sense.
Artanis & marv
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 28 2013 17:11 GMT
#3374
On January 29 2013 02:10 FiveTouch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 02:09 yamato77 wrote:
On January 29 2013 02:08 FiveTouch wrote:
And yet gonzaw supported Toad over austin, and austin never moved his vote over to gonzaw even though he could easily have done so without attracting suspicion :/

Sounds like you're more upset that this didn't happen than you are about it being a reason he isn't mafia.


This doesn't even make sense.

Your sad face there looks like disappointment rather than the typical, "No, I'm right, dear" Marvellosity.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 28 2013 17:12 GMT
#3375
Also, I have my logs but they really, really don't matter.
Writer@WriterYamato
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 28 2013 17:13 GMT
#3376
It's more because I'm repeating myself.

In the quote Vivax provided, he said he was happy to vote for gonzaw, and yet he never did. austin could easily have consolidated over to gonzaw and made him sheriff, yet didn't, and let Toad become elected sheriff instead. austin was plenty active Day 1 and it makes no sense that he wouldn't throw his support over to gonzaw at some stage, especially as he'd seemingly given himself this opportunity to do so.
Artanis & marv
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
January 28 2013 17:13 GMT
#3377
On January 29 2013 02:08 FiveTouch wrote:
And yet gonzaw supported Toad over austin, and austin never moved his vote over to gonzaw even though he could easily have done so without attracting suspicion :/

he never supported me
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 28 2013 17:14 GMT
#3378
On January 29 2013 02:13 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 02:08 FiveTouch wrote:
And yet gonzaw supported Toad over austin, and austin never moved his vote over to gonzaw even though he could easily have done so without attracting suspicion :/

he never supported me


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=393344&currentpage=166#3312
Artanis & marv
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
January 28 2013 17:14 GMT
#3379
On January 29 2013 02:13 FiveTouch wrote:
It's more because I'm repeating myself.

In the quote Vivax provided, he said he was happy to vote for gonzaw, and yet he never did. austin could easily have consolidated over to gonzaw and made him sheriff, yet didn't, and let Toad become elected sheriff instead. austin was plenty active Day 1 and it makes no sense that he wouldn't throw his support over to gonzaw at some stage, especially as he'd seemingly given himself this opportunity to do so.


gonzaw would have needed 2 votes, which means they would have needed chez on top of that which would have made gonzaw look really odd at a time he still looked good.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 28 2013 17:15 GMT
#3380
austin could have moved his vote over to gonzaw at any stage... It didn't have to be a last minute thing.
Artanis & marv
Prev 1 167 168 169 170 171 213 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 947
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs KrystianerLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings192
CranKy Ducklings SOOP19
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36312
Shuttle 12728
FanTaSy 1732
Hyuk 1144
BeSt 572
Horang2 530
Pusan 337
Mini 311
Stork 255
EffOrt 200
[ Show more ]
Last 159
Killer 138
Zeus 136
Mind 88
ggaemo 71
sorry 62
Hyun 61
Snow 51
PianO 46
Sea.KH 42
Soma 38
ToSsGirL 34
Hm[arnc] 31
Bale 31
JYJ 21
Aegong 18
hero 17
zelot 15
NaDa 12
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 7
Dota 2
Dendi772
XcaliburYe361
Counter-Strike
fl0m1984
byalli879
x6flipin539
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu36
Other Games
gofns41680
singsing3010
B2W.Neo970
Hui .139
Livibee115
ArmadaUGS81
Mew2King61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick680
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
2h 49m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 49m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 49m
Replay Cast
10h 49m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 49m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
22h 49m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 22h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.