• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:14
CEST 01:14
KST 08:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8872 users

TL Mafia LIX - Page 167

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 165 166 167 168 169 213 Next
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
January 28 2013 16:00 GMT
#3321
well its night time and i have significantly less information than you do. you also said you had info that we would be able to use on day 4 that you weren't revealing yet. so, i figure i will wait to hear what this information is, assuming i am alive.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
January 28 2013 16:00 GMT
#3322
I have to admit though that austin doesn't make a whole lot of sense balancewise with prplhz, gonzaw and Chez already flipped...

Same could be / could have been said about Annul and BKE...
So probably lynching people like stutters / fuba first?
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
January 28 2013 16:04 GMT
#3323
though i read grush's filter and it looks fucking textbook mafia... if not for his breadcrumb jack and the fact we only have one known use for his mason power which makes jack sense.... and mafia jack is already dead...
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
January 28 2013 16:08 GMT
#3324
On January 29 2013 01:00 austinmcc wrote:
Filter's worse than that.

I was all blah about prplhz D1, found Gonzaw townie, and somewhat pushed to save Gonzaw D2.

I noted that one of the reasons not to make me mayor was that I'd be busy until the end of the month with work. That was an understatement. I'm posting WAY less and reading WAY less than usual, I know. That will most likely continue until the end of January, or whenever I can get my work out the door.

That said, I don't see it making sense for both Gonzaw and I to run as third-place folks when we could have consolidated. If I were mafia and trying to save Gonzaw D2, I should have: (1) started talking about a possible frame from the very outset, to maybe keep votes off him BEFORE they got there; (2) shut up and let Gonzaw die, given that so many votes had been dropped on him and it was unlikely I'd save him before the end of D2.


I don't usually give a crap about insta-delurks but that was a funny one :p

Anyways, I don't mind the "you would not have run alongside with gonzaw" at all because as we can see Chez did as well and he had a decent amount of votes. Pretty sure he was ahead of me most times and yet both Chez and Gonzaw ended up running. With townies being split (like Sandro on you, WBG telling people not to vote me and I voted myself) mafia might have thought it's a good way to not make it look fishy by getting all votes on one guy for no reason and though it's possible without risking that.


<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 28 2013 16:10 GMT
#3325
I'm not really figuring Chez in too heavily to my candidate considerations, he was an outlier. gonzaw/toad/austin were the serious candidates for sherriff, I don't think Chez was ever going to happen.

annul, I don't really have any game-changing information or anything that would stop someone being mafia (apart from the one toad knows about). If I implied so / it read so, it shouldn't, my apologies.
Artanis & marv
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
January 28 2013 16:11 GMT
#3326
On January 29 2013 01:00 austinmcc wrote:
(2) shut up and let Gonzaw die, given that so many votes had been dropped on him and it was unlikely I'd save him before the end of D2.


and that one sounds weird to me. I don't know... maybe some native could tell me if it does sound weird in english but when I think about it in german it does sound weird. I just don't know about this "I would".

As in, does it sound weird at all to you?
If it does, is it because it's wrong tenses or is it because it sounds weird on itself.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
January 28 2013 16:12 GMT
#3327
On January 29 2013 01:08 Toadesstern wrote:
I don't usually give a crap about insta-delurks but that was a funny one :p

I'm not happy with the amount of attention I'm giving this game for the last couple days. I knew it was going to catch me some flak sooner or later. Been kinda waiting to insta-respond to whoever brought it up.
Fe fi fo fum.
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 28 2013 16:14 GMT
#3328
On January 29 2013 01:11 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 01:00 austinmcc wrote:
(2) shut up and let Gonzaw die, given that so many votes had been dropped on him and it was unlikely I'd save him before the end of D2.


and that one sounds weird to me. I don't know... maybe some native could tell me if it does sound weird in english but when I think about it in german it does sound weird. I just don't know about this "I would".

As in, does it sound weird at all to you?
If it does, is it because it's wrong tenses or is it because it sounds weird on itself.


It sounds fine to me. It's not a point in austin's favour, though, because he's clever enough to know that he'd be able to use this argument in the future (i.e. now).

Because actually the fact that gonzaw was unsaveable means any clever mafia could opposite and later go "omgz, why would I do that, it's so silly!!!!"
Artanis & marv
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
January 28 2013 16:14 GMT
#3329
no looks fine, all in past tense.
maybe put a
it was unlikely that I'd save him before the end of D2.
No gg, No skill.
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 28 2013 16:14 GMT
#3330
EBWOP: *could oppose it, not opposite. oops ^^
Artanis & marv
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
January 28 2013 16:21 GMT
#3331
On January 29 2013 01:14 FiveTouch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 01:11 Toadesstern wrote:
On January 29 2013 01:00 austinmcc wrote:
(2) shut up and let Gonzaw die, given that so many votes had been dropped on him and it was unlikely I'd save him before the end of D2.


and that one sounds weird to me. I don't know... maybe some native could tell me if it does sound weird in english but when I think about it in german it does sound weird. I just don't know about this "I would".

As in, does it sound weird at all to you?
If it does, is it because it's wrong tenses or is it because it sounds weird on itself.


It sounds fine to me. It's not a point in austin's favour, though, because he's clever enough to know that he'd be able to use this argument in the future (i.e. now).

Because actually the fact that gonzaw was unsaveable means any clever mafia could opposite and later go "omgz, why would I do that, it's so silly!!!!"

yeah with him telling us that post was prepared ahead of time he DID think of it ahead of time... which townies rarely do because they think everyone think they're town. Just look at how I called myself confirmed town d1 :p

To post that within 30minutes is odd with that reasoning imo. I'd still go for someone of a lower caliber first though. I know most people don't like set-up / balance speculation like that but I really think Chez + Prplhz + Gonzaw + another vet (BKE / austin imo... could have thought about that earlier) doesn't make an awful lot of sense.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 28 2013 16:23 GMT
#3332
I don't like that Austin's filter is full of defenses of prplhz and town reads on Gonzaw.

I don't like that his activity has dropped off a cliff, excuse or no.

And I hate that he de-lurks with a prepared response.

Obviously he's been thinking about why people might call him mafia, and has thought up a WIFOM idea of why he's not, and it has nothing to do with him "lurking" as he posits.
Writer@WriterYamato
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 28 2013 16:25 GMT
#3333
Just gonna say it now, I'm never not going to lynch someone for balance reasons.
Artanis & marv
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
January 28 2013 16:29 GMT
#3334
On January 29 2013 01:25 FiveTouch wrote:
Just gonna say it now, I'm never not going to lynch someone for balance reasons.

what do you make of madhatter + madhatter + DT + DT + you know all the stuff I know as well ?
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 28 2013 16:33 GMT
#3335
Well, that's more setup rather than balance

The only somewhat conclusions I've drawn are the mason mafia/town ratio.
Artanis & marv
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 28 2013 16:33 GMT
#3336
On January 29 2013 01:25 FiveTouch wrote:
Just gonna say it now, I'm never not going to lynch someone for balance reasons.

But the question is, are you going to lynch Austin?

I see no reason not to.
Writer@WriterYamato
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
January 28 2013 16:34 GMT
#3337
On January 29 2013 01:33 FiveTouch wrote:
Well, that's more setup rather than balance

The only somewhat conclusions I've drawn are the mason mafia/town ratio.

yeah the masons look good now.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 28 2013 16:36 GMT
#3338
The reason that Vivax quoted of bugs is an extremely good reason not to, actually.

Three major candidates for sherriff - toad, austin, gonzaw. If both gonzaw/austin are mafia then they shouldn't have been running against each other so late in the day, or they should have been giving themselves options to try to get the other into power. None of these things happened.
Artanis & marv
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
January 28 2013 16:39 GMT
#3339
On January 29 2013 01:33 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 01:25 FiveTouch wrote:
Just gonna say it now, I'm never not going to lynch someone for balance reasons.

But the question is, are you going to lynch Austin?

I see no reason not to.
If anyone has shots left, I'd prefer someone who is suspicious of me shoot me tonight rather than us lynching me.

I'm a veteran. For the first cycle and part of the second I thought I might have been vocal enough to get a shot, but no. At this point, I don't think I'm likely to attract an NK, so there's less reason not to claim and hope to absorb a shot.

Scum lost their JOAT, and have no medic ability and not vet ability on their team anymore. If anyone is really suspicious of me and doesn't have another target, they're more than welcome to shoot me tonight. You can think you're shooting mafia, I'll survive and be town by virtue of role that mafia can't have, and hopefully won't complicate the D4 lynch with an extra option.
Fe fi fo fum.
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 28 2013 16:40 GMT
#3340
Why would you claim? Fuck me. This tells us and gives us nothing.
Artanis & marv
Prev 1 165 166 167 168 169 213 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft358
Nina 153
ViBE117
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14396
firebathero 113
Hyuk 59
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
febbydoto88
League of Legends
Doublelift4041
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5046
Other Games
summit1g8978
FrodaN2240
mouzStarbuck426
JimRising 409
KnowMe233
ArmadaUGS105
Mew2King52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1182
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream130
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 98
• musti20045 26
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur213
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 47m
INu's Battles
12h 47m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
15h 47m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 47m
Replay Cast
23h 47m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.