• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:49
CEST 18:49
KST 01:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9546 users

TL Mafia LVII - Page 85

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 147 Next
Kreb
Profile Joined September 2010
4834 Posts
September 10 2012 22:42 GMT
#1681
On September 11 2012 07:34 Mementoss wrote:
I read all of day 3 and no one gave a good reason why they are voting forumite. Can someone explain? I will get to reading through the game eventually but, the way this day is going its just killing discussion.

Read Toads filter. Theres a pretty big post about it there.
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
September 10 2012 22:44 GMT
#1682
On September 11 2012 07:34 Mementoss wrote:
I read all of day 3 and no one gave a good reason why they are voting forumite. Can someone explain? I will get to reading through the game eventually but, the way this day is going its just killing discussion.
Metaargument, I´m much less aggressive than usual, as well as not being very active scumhunting, almost like my last scumgame, Wheel of Fortune. I can´t really argue with it. I am less aggressive and putting much less time into this game than I usually do. =/
:3
imallinson
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United Kingdom3482 Posts
September 10 2012 22:48 GMT
#1683
On September 11 2012 07:34 Mementoss wrote:
I read all of day 3 and no one gave a good reason why they are voting forumite. Can someone explain? I will get to reading through the game eventually but, the way this day is going its just killing discussion.


Everyone is probably going off of toad's case.

On September 11 2012 07:24 Forumite wrote:
And there goes D3.

Come on guys, ignore the wagon for a while, where are the other scum? When I flip town, who is your next target? I´ve been away a few hours and the only thing that´s happened is that everyone´s said they want to lynch me. Doesn´t anyone have something else to add?


Currently you are looking the most scummy. If you do flip town I'd say the best bet for scum would be Z-Boson. You've voted for him but haven't put much of a reason for people to follow you.
Liquipedia
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
September 10 2012 22:54 GMT
#1684
I've put my z-boson investigation on hold (more accurate to say it never started, since I just recently woke up) so that I could weigh in on Forumite. I don't know what to add that hasn't been mentioned already, but his "I guess I kind of looked scummy" post is the what's most convincing for me. I hadn't found his vote post to be very suspicious, since it was clear at that point that Mattchew had lied and was clearly scum. This indicates him being defensive without reason. In that same post he tells Rewok to stop looking for other scum, since we already caught one that day. I didn't understand that when he wrote it, and I still don't get it. Why stop scumhunting just because we've found a confirmed scum?

Then there's smaller things, like accusing Mav of being scum essentially because he "...defended a confirmed scum during the crucial time during which Matts scumbuddies might have tried to save him." Isn't the time while the fakeclaim is unconfirmed the time when someone is most likely to be unsure about a lynch on someone? If I were in the game at that time I would have likely had second-thoughts about a Matt lynch as well. If there was more to that case that I'm missing, then let me know.

I'm still looking at z-boson's filter because I think he's suspicious as well, but I feel comfortable with my vote on Forumite.

##Vote Forumite
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
September 10 2012 22:54 GMT
#1685
On September 11 2012 07:24 Forumite wrote:
And there goes D3.

Come on guys, ignore the wagon for a while, where are the other scum? When I flip town, who is your next target? I´ve been away a few hours and the only thing that´s happened is that everyone´s said they want to lynch me. Doesn´t anyone have something else to add?

On September 11 2012 01:09 Hopeless1der wrote:
Forumite, could you perhaps flesh things out a bit more on Z-Boson, besides his interactions regarding Mattchew? Why is he a better lynch than you right now?

Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
September 10 2012 22:58 GMT
#1686
On September 11 2012 07:48 imallinson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2012 07:24 Forumite wrote:
And there goes D3.

Come on guys, ignore the wagon for a while, where are the other scum? When I flip town, who is your next target? I´ve been away a few hours and the only thing that´s happened is that everyone´s said they want to lynch me. Doesn´t anyone have something else to add?


Currently you are looking the most scummy. If you do flip town I'd say the best bet for scum would be Z-Boson. You've voted for him but haven't put much of a reason for people to follow you.
It´s more than what happened during the Matt lynch, but it´s hard to put down as a case. I´ll see if I find any concrete evidence while rereading.

It´s tough because there are a few I´m leaning town on, or at least put down as town for now, but there are soooooo many players that look a bit scummy. I often get really paranoid when things go bad, or even when things go well.
:3
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
September 10 2012 23:01 GMT
#1687
On September 11 2012 07:54 mkfuba07 wrote:
I've put my z-boson investigation on hold (more accurate to say it never started, since I just recently woke up) so that I could weigh in on Forumite. I don't know what to add that hasn't been mentioned already, but his "I guess I kind of looked scummy" post is the what's most convincing for me. I hadn't found his vote post to be very suspicious, since it was clear at that point that Mattchew had lied and was clearly scum. This indicates him being defensive without reason. In that same post he tells Rewok to stop looking for other scum, since we already caught one that day. I didn't understand that when he wrote it, and I still don't get it. Why stop scumhunting just because we've found a confirmed scum?

Then there's smaller things, like accusing Mav of being scum essentially because he "...defended a confirmed scum during the crucial time during which Matts scumbuddies might have tried to save him." Isn't the time while the fakeclaim is unconfirmed the time when someone is most likely to be unsure about a lynch on someone? If I were in the game at that time I would have likely had second-thoughts about a Matt lynch as well. If there was more to that case that I'm missing, then let me know.

I'm still looking at z-boson's filter because I think he's suspicious as well, but I feel comfortable with my vote on Forumite.

##Vote Forumite
Who the hell are you? Where did you come from, and why do you drop such a scummy post? Seriously? "I´m happy with lynching Forumite so I´ll stop looking for other scum now"?
:3
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
September 10 2012 23:29 GMT
#1688
Metaquestion on Rewok:
I often read his posts as very nervous and insecure, easily backing away from a stated opinion. Could anyone knowing him from earlier games comment on this?
:3
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
September 10 2012 23:33 GMT
#1689
On September 11 2012 07:58 Forumite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2012 07:48 imallinson wrote:
On September 11 2012 07:24 Forumite wrote:
And there goes D3.

Come on guys, ignore the wagon for a while, where are the other scum? When I flip town, who is your next target? I´ve been away a few hours and the only thing that´s happened is that everyone´s said they want to lynch me. Doesn´t anyone have something else to add?


Currently you are looking the most scummy. If you do flip town I'd say the best bet for scum would be Z-Boson. You've voted for him but haven't put much of a reason for people to follow you.
It´s more than what happened during the Matt lynch, but it´s hard to put down as a case. I´ll see if I find any concrete evidence while rereading.

It´s tough because there are a few I´m leaning town on, or at least put down as town for now, but there are soooooo many players that look a bit scummy. I often get really paranoid when things go bad, or even when things go well.


First off, sorry for the Hapa misread. I placed too much stock on his XXIII meta and expected similarly brilliant (cheating) play from him. (kidding about the cheating Hapa, I love you man.)

Second, Forumite's neck is on the chopping block and all he's done is make weak reads and flip flop everywhere. Look at the above post. It smacks of an attempt to respond while giving excuses for his lack of legit scum-reads. Going through his filter, all I see is WIFOM and a few bad cases; plus his first few posts (before he asked Palmar about Mattchew) look like he was trying to WIFOM watcher/trackers into complete inaction on Mattchew.

On September 04 2012 09:55 Forumite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 09:43 Mattchew wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:36 Forumite wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:12 Mattchew wrote:
I am a nosy neighbor. Anyone else with this role should insta-claim as well.




The reason people policy lynch people like BM and Grush is because they get by into later in the game because they are unreadable. This is because they barely actually play the game and if you end up in lylo with one of them left, you've basically already lost. I completely understand anyone wanting to policy lynch them, but we should also not allow them to be off the hook for some sort of scum read during the day.

That being said, I remember thinking to myself that I don't hate BM's play in the last few games I have been in with him. I do not want to policy lynch today.
Why would you claim this? You eliminated yourself as a possible blue from scums list of townies, and it´s not like you doing this eliminates you as a scum suspect. If someone see you visiting a player who dies the we´re lynching you anyway.

Because there is no town benefit to me hiding this information. and for all everyone knows I could be a blue role trying to avoid being incorrectly tracked as well

if I get tracked to a dead person atleast there will be something to think about before mislynching me
Lying to town as a blue is a bad idea. If you fakeclaim nosy neighbor to fool scum, then you risk getting lynched by town. You are still going to draw a few trackers during the first few nights, just to make sure that you are really visiting people at random with no effect, so because of this you might actually be hurting town by distracting blues.


Without further ado,

## Unvote
## Vote Forumite
Что?
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
September 10 2012 23:42 GMT
#1690
@Shady
If I´m going to get lynched then I´m making sure you at least get my reads.
:3
Maverick32x
Profile Joined April 2011
United States311 Posts
September 10 2012 23:44 GMT
#1691
Ok, I just want to start off by saying I suspect Forumite is mafia and I will be voting for him.

That being said- the amount of bandwagoning that just occurred for him to be our prime suspect is disturbing. If Forumite is NOT mafia, we NEED to focus on the people who are not contributing to a case- and start putting some pressure on them because they are just allowing us to kill each other and are just going to sit back the entire time.

Sl00sh's weak "that doesn't show he cares" case is such a knee-jerk reaction to a single post.
Hopeless1der: Bandwagons- despite forumite asserting that he suppported someone that hopeless was suspecting (Z-boson).
Rewok- gimme a break.
Imallinson- your weak vote is pretty damning.

etc. etc..

Not sure if lazy town or scum.

Refer to my post for Forumite reasoning.
Check out 'Gamer Therapy'!! 10CST: twitch.tv/Maverick32x
Kreb
Profile Joined September 2010
4834 Posts
September 10 2012 23:44 GMT
#1692
Anyway, about the Forumite case I cant really say much. Its a meta-argument which I can neither really confirm nor challenge. If the case sticks Im probably just gonna bandwagon.

As for my own reads, (which arent really reads I guess) Im mostly annoyed with the one-line posters which you cant really get an answer out of (Murray, Grush). Murray still hasnt answered the question Z-Boson asked, and I cant say Im satisfied with his reply to me either. Apparently that fits with their meta though, which together with all the vet talk and people making posts for the sake of provoking reactions seemingly all over the place makes me very hesitant to try to push anything myself. I cant say Im familiar with what tactic generally is considered best to deal with such players either.

But there has been a few cases on BM and lots of people seem suspicious of Z-Boson, so whats your take on those two Forumite?

Also I do hope that we could get around to pressuring lurkers/non-contributors more too. I dont feel Im really saying much useful stuff at all and Im not committing to anything, so had I been mafia I bet I wouldve felt pretty good with all the discussions about vets/boson going on while I bandwagon with 10+ other people. And there plenty of others I dont really get a feeling for at all because they dont really contribute much at all either. Granted, Forumite kind of fits the category of non-contributors though even though he might not be lurking, so that is another reason why Im fine with that vote too.

I'll ask Toad since for now he seems to be the head scumhunting dude: Whats your take on everyone not contributing? Just leave them for later? You listed 4 fairly active players as non-town (S&B, Boson, BM, Foru), supposing all of these are non-town there likely gonna be very few mafia left after that, isnt it a pretty good reason to believe theres several mafia hiding among the silent majority?
Maverick32x
Profile Joined April 2011
United States311 Posts
September 10 2012 23:45 GMT
#1693
Actually, no, I'm not going to vote for forumite.

I'm voting for Z-Boson.

ya-ya-ya- waffle/flip flopper whatever.. thats my vote.
Check out 'Gamer Therapy'!! 10CST: twitch.tv/Maverick32x
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
September 10 2012 23:46 GMT
#1694

##UNVOTE
##VOTE FORUMITE
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
September 10 2012 23:47 GMT
#1695
NEXT UP, DON'T LYNCH MEMENTOSS. OR HAPAHAULI.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Kreb
Profile Joined September 2010
4834 Posts
September 10 2012 23:48 GMT
#1696
Maverick said it pretty well too.
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
September 10 2012 23:55 GMT
#1697
On September 11 2012 08:44 Kreb wrote:
Anyway, about the Forumite case I cant really say much. Its a meta-argument which I can neither really confirm nor challenge. If the case sticks Im probably just gonna bandwagon.
At least you are honest about it.

On September 11 2012 08:44 Kreb wrote:
But there has been a few cases on BM and lots of people seem suspicious of Z-Boson, so whats your take on those two Forumite?
Both Z-boson and Bill Murray need to die. Z-Boson is my strongest scumread, and BM because I´m more and more agreeing with DYH. I don´t get Bill Murray, he might be town acting scummy to ward away nightkills, but that´s the only way I can justify his play in this game.
:3
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
September 10 2012 23:57 GMT
#1698
On September 06 2012 03:02 strongandbig wrote:
at least we know bm is town now :p
S&B, what were you refering to?
:3
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
September 10 2012 23:59 GMT
#1699
Well...that's quite the large amount of votes on Forumite. Not so sure about it, stems a lot from meta and I only played one game with him, where we mislynched him based on meta......

More comfortable with Boson on the chopping block.

##vote: Z-Boson
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
Kreb
Profile Joined September 2010
4834 Posts
September 11 2012 00:00 GMT
#1700
On September 11 2012 08:55 Forumite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2012 08:44 Kreb wrote:
Anyway, about the Forumite case I cant really say much. Its a meta-argument which I can neither really confirm nor challenge. If the case sticks Im probably just gonna bandwagon.
At least you are honest about it.

Heh, truth be told Im feeling pretty useless atm. Its all meta-reads going on over my head and seemingly all active posters going to town becaues they played 50 (?) games vs each other. Hopefully we get down to the point where I can try and provide reads from within the thread and feel relevant.
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 147 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
Liquid`TLO 118
BRAT_OK 74
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22871
Leta 1145
Horang2 261
firebathero 173
Trap 152
Zeus 94
Hyun 73
soO 59
ToSsGirL 40
Bale 36
[ Show more ]
Rock 29
Aegong 25
scan(afreeca) 17
Bishop 13
Noble 11
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
Dendi1239
420jenkins413
qojqva255
Counter-Strike
fl0m4740
Other Games
Beastyqt641
mouzStarbuck380
byalli247
KnowMe222
Hui .177
FrodaN103
Livibee80
QueenE74
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 58
• 3DClanTV 37
• Adnapsc2 17
• Response 13
• Hinosc 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach81
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• FirePhoenix10
• Michael_bg 9
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1712
Other Games
• Shiphtur588
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
12m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 12m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 12m
Patches Events
22h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
OSC
1d 6h
OSC
1d 19h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.