• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:06
CEST 23:06
KST 06:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8342 users

TL Mafia LVII - Page 12

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 147 Next
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 03 2012 23:02 GMT
#221
On September 04 2012 07:56 slOosh wrote:
Hapa, what is your idea of a town circle and how does it help us find / lynch / kill scum?


Errr... well I wasn't planning on anyone taking that image seriously.

I hate town circles. They're distracting to discussion and give people easy outs to "look" townie by "contributing" as opposed to scumhunting. I hate blue-oriented discussion in general really - it makes it easier for mafia to snipe blue roles by testing player reactions. Hell the idea of publicly determining blue actions is silly, considering it gives mafia the one information advantage that town has over mafia.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
September 03 2012 23:03 GMT
#222
because of that one post? Of course not.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
September 03 2012 23:06 GMT
#223
Since no one's brought it up yet, I think we should lynch lurkers and posters that don't contribute D1. Again, this is not because lurking is a scumtell, but if we let people get away with it then scum have a place to hide.

Drawing from my experience in XXIV, I'm going to say that it's a little early for cases. I'll be watching the thread though.
Что?
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 03 2012 23:07 GMT
#224
Toad, you seem pretty fixated on picking a fight with slOosh. It's only been a page, of posts, and he seems pretty townie to me.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 03 2012 23:08 GMT
#225
On September 04 2012 08:06 Shady Sands wrote:
Since no one's brought it up yet, I think we should lynch lurkers and posters that don't contribute D1. Again, this is not because lurking is a scumtell, but if we let people get away with it then scum have a place to hide.

Drawing from my experience in XXIV, I'm going to say that it's a little early for cases. I'll be watching the thread though.


What in particular about XXIV? Also, just because it's early for cases doesn't mean you have to resign yourself to "watching the thread."
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
September 03 2012 23:09 GMT
#226
Well, as per usual I like lynching lurkers day 1 if a scummier option doesn't present itself.

Blues should do as they see fit. Discussion in that area only gives scum more points of reference for blue hunting.

In the past L has assured me that this is always the correct course of action, sooo

##Vote: Bill Murray
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
September 03 2012 23:10 GMT
#227
EBWOP: I would appreciate it if everyone agreed on the etiquette of posting their votes in this thread as well as the voting thread.
Guts? Determination? $5?
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
September 03 2012 23:11 GMT
#228
On September 04 2012 08:09 DoYouHas wrote:
Well, as per usual I like lynching lurkers day 1 if a scummier option doesn't present itself.

Blues should do as they see fit. Discussion in that area only gives scum more points of reference for blue hunting.

In the past L has assured me that this is always the correct course of action, sooo

##Vote: Bill Murray

No, I will be holding you especially to a higher standard of posting. Stupid throwaway votes like this just give scum more room to spam / hide. Pick something better to talk about. What do you think about Toad's aggression against me, like less than 30 minutes into the game?
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
September 03 2012 23:11 GMT
#229
On September 04 2012 08:07 Hapahauli wrote:
Toad, you seem pretty fixated on picking a fight with slOosh. It's only been a page, of posts, and he seems pretty townie to me.

well that's probably because I'm picking a fight with him for the sake of picking a fight with SOMEONE.
Grush actually explained it quite well without figureing it out.

I really don't like people talk about set-ups, roles or something else early on so I'm trying to get out of that phase as fast as possible. He made a bullshit-post like at least 3 other people did and I pointed it out although it's on ridiculously thin ground for the sake of getting some discussion.

Obviously you can take from that whatever you want.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
September 03 2012 23:14 GMT
#230
On September 04 2012 08:01 slOosh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 07:58 Toadesstern wrote:
On September 04 2012 07:56 slOosh wrote:
Hapa, what is your idea of a town circle and how does it help us find / lynch / kill scum?

Toad - How is that useless stuff that has nothing to do with the game? The setup changed and maybe people haven't read the updates. I've asked you once and I'll do it again, what else do you want to talk about?


I don't know what you want to talk about. I'm talking about your useless post being useless.

Well BlackMamba's recent post just shows that people can miss information. My post has already proven itself useful, and your opening post which tries to discredit mine has not. Do you think I'm scum by my first post?
On September 04 2012 08:03 Toadesstern wrote:
because of that one post? Of course not.

Well your sentiment seems to be that you do indeed think I'm scum. Using my posts written prior to your retort (quoted above), can you show how you came to this conclusion?
BroodKingEXE
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States829 Posts
September 03 2012 23:18 GMT
#231
Ummm, you cant cant be serious. Haven't you ever posted and left to do something else, I checked the thread an hour and a half before game start and forgot about it till now. So far you've posted a weak ass attempt at getting someone to scum hunt, and a joke.
Playing Protoss = Opponent owned
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
September 03 2012 23:19 GMT
#232
On September 04 2012 08:08 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 08:06 Shady Sands wrote:
Since no one's brought it up yet, I think we should lynch lurkers and posters that don't contribute D1. Again, this is not because lurking is a scumtell, but if we let people get away with it then scum have a place to hide.

Drawing from my experience in XXIV, I'm going to say that it's a little early for cases. I'll be watching the thread though.


What in particular about XXIV? Also, just because it's early for cases doesn't mean you have to resign yourself to "watching the thread."


In XXIV I jumped on Solarsail on the basis of his first post. Turns out that not only was Solarsail town, it led (indirectly) to my mislynch and almost to his mislynch much further down the road.
Что?
BroodKingEXE
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States829 Posts
September 03 2012 23:19 GMT
#233
EBWOP
On September 04 2012 07:54 Ottoxlol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 07:51 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 04 2012 07:47 Ottoxlol wrote:
On September 04 2012 07:43 Hapahauli wrote:
I propose a town circle:

[image loading]

Discuss.


I think you should start scumhunting or we will lynch you


Rewok and austinmcc are my top scumreads - what are yours?


BM is my top scumread, he said

Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 07:08 Bill Murray wrote:


just before day post and we havent heard from him since.

Ummm, you cant cant be serious. Haven't you ever posted and left to do something else, I checked the thread an hour and a half before game start and forgot about it till now. So far you've posted a weak ass attempt at getting someone to scum hunt, and a joke.
Playing Protoss = Opponent owned
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
September 03 2012 23:20 GMT
#234
On September 04 2012 08:14 slOosh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 08:01 slOosh wrote:
On September 04 2012 07:58 Toadesstern wrote:
On September 04 2012 07:56 slOosh wrote:
Hapa, what is your idea of a town circle and how does it help us find / lynch / kill scum?

Toad - How is that useless stuff that has nothing to do with the game? The setup changed and maybe people haven't read the updates. I've asked you once and I'll do it again, what else do you want to talk about?


I don't know what you want to talk about. I'm talking about your useless post being useless.

Well BlackMamba's recent post just shows that people can miss information. My post has already proven itself useful, and your opening post which tries to discredit mine has not. Do you think I'm scum by my first post?
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 08:03 Toadesstern wrote:
because of that one post? Of course not.

Well your sentiment seems to be that you do indeed think I'm scum. Using my posts written prior to your retort (quoted above), can you show how you came to this conclusion?

I think your post resembles someone trying to pretend to add something to the discussion while really only pointing out stuff that everyone else should know about. Like doing votecounts inbetween to "help" people. Yes it can actually help people but you can just help people by doing normal stuff.

Obviously I'm not thinking you're mafia yet. I'm just pointing out that your post was bad without acknowledging that 50% of the posts done within the first 12hours or so are incredible bad to provoke reactions and that's what happened.

Here we are, getting some decent information about how people think about each other and why they post something rather than talking about how the vig-change might influence the game, which is an incredible easy topic to cover for mafia.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
BlackMamba24
Profile Joined August 2012
United States277 Posts
September 03 2012 23:20 GMT
#235
On September 04 2012 08:09 DoYouHas wrote:
Well, as per usual I like lynching lurkers day 1 if a scummier option doesn't present itself.

Blues should do as they see fit. Discussion in that area only gives scum more points of reference for blue hunting.

In the past L has assured me that this is always the correct course of action, sooo

##Vote: Bill Murray

Why Bill Murray as opposed to any other lurker? Because he posted 20 minutes before the game started? I checked the thread 5 minutes before it started then went downstairs to do something else. I just don't see the point of voting this early when a scummier option is pretty much sure to present itself.

Meek and apologetic tone, parroting posts other people have already made, etc.

##Vote DoYouHas

That'll do for now.
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
September 03 2012 23:20 GMT
#236
On September 04 2012 08:02 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 07:56 slOosh wrote:
Hapa, what is your idea of a town circle and how does it help us find / lynch / kill scum?


Errr... well I wasn't planning on anyone taking that image seriously.

I hate town circles. They're distracting to discussion and give people easy outs to "look" townie by "contributing" as opposed to scumhunting. I hate blue-oriented discussion in general really - it makes it easier for mafia to snipe blue roles by testing player reactions. Hell the idea of publicly determining blue actions is silly, considering it gives mafia the one information advantage that town has over mafia.

Could you clarify what you mean by this point?
BroodKingEXE
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States829 Posts
September 03 2012 23:21 GMT
#237
On September 04 2012 07:48 Toadesstern wrote:
The meaning was that I think he's a town blue and I therefore want to kill him as quickly as possible.

Or perhaps I don't like people pointing out useless stuff that has nothing to do with the game. I guess it has but what are we supposed to talk about the 2KP change or the vig addition he mentioned.

Why would you want to kill town blues?
Playing Protoss = Opponent owned
Quatol
Profile Joined April 2012
Burkina Faso57 Posts
September 03 2012 23:21 GMT
#238
If anyone wants the obsQT, please PM me/marv.
The one and only
grush57
Profile Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2582 Posts
September 03 2012 23:22 GMT
#239
On September 04 2012 08:20 BlackMamba24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 08:09 DoYouHas wrote:
Well, as per usual I like lynching lurkers day 1 if a scummier option doesn't present itself.

Blues should do as they see fit. Discussion in that area only gives scum more points of reference for blue hunting.

In the past L has assured me that this is always the correct course of action, sooo

##Vote: Bill Murray

Why Bill Murray as opposed to any other lurker? Because he posted 20 minutes before the game started? I checked the thread 5 minutes before it started then went downstairs to do something else. I just don't see the point of voting this early when a scummier option is pretty much sure to present itself.

Meek and apologetic tone, parroting posts other people have already made, etc.

##Vote DoYouHas

That'll do for now.


He's probably just pressuring him.
Plus BM has a reputation.
"Every thing is either simply awful or awfully simple." | "Weaklings can't pick... their way of death."
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
September 03 2012 23:22 GMT
#240
slOosh, my vote is neither stupid nor a throwaway. I have a friend who I consider a better player than me who has told me that getting BM out of the game quickly is always a good thing. It is meta as hell but it isn't stupid.

Toad's aggression towards you is completely null. You seem to be playing into your town meta so far, but I really won't know for sure until your first/second case.
Guts? Determination? $5?
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 147 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 500
JuggernautJason26
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 654
Dewaltoss 108
firebathero 89
Zeus 68
Trap 43
910 33
Bale 26
Dota 2
monkeys_forever286
Counter-Strike
edward216
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS123
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4757
Liquid`Hasu2036
Other Games
summit1g6029
shahzam444
byalli418
C9.Mang0180
KnowMe137
UpATreeSC89
Chillindude30
Trikslyr22
Railgan20
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV217
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream170
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 79
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 30
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur316
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 54m
Kung Fu Cup
13h 54m
Stellar Fest
15h 54m
The PondCast
1d 12h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.