• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:03
CEST 18:03
KST 01:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7146 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXIV - Page 52

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 57 Next
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
August 25 2012 03:15 GMT
#1021
On August 25 2012 12:04 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2012 11:50 Blazinghand wrote:
I'll do it.

Thanks!

<3
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
goodkarma
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1067 Posts
August 25 2012 05:12 GMT
#1022
@Obvious:

Can you explain to me why, with Golbat as your second scum read, you can't vote for him this day cycle? We will be getting to Z-Boson tomorrow, but I'd like to play this game extra-safe. All of town should still unite behind one candidate, and I still strongly recommend that candidate be Golbat. Especially since, although very unlikely, there is a small (like abysmally small) possibility that Z-Boson could be telling the truth and we'd be losing a role-blocker.
goodkarma
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1067 Posts
August 25 2012 05:13 GMT
#1023
@Stutters:

Where are you? We need you to discuss both lynch candidates (Golbat and Z-Boson) ASAP.
goodkarma
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1067 Posts
August 25 2012 05:16 GMT
#1024
@SolarSail:

I understand how you may be in the unique position of knowing 100% if Z-Boson is lying, but unfortunately from our perspective we don't know if it's him or you that is lying... So there is still a small (notice: small) chance that Z-Boson is innocent.

As such, could you discuss my case on Golbat, and explain why you do or do not think he's scum?
And if you do think he's scum, could you change your vote to Golbat? We will be getting to Z-Boson next day cycle.
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
August 25 2012 07:07 GMT
#1025
On August 25 2012 14:12 goodkarma wrote:
@Obvious:

Can you explain to me why, with Golbat as your second scum read, you can't vote for him this day cycle? We will be getting to Z-Boson tomorrow, but I'd like to play this game extra-safe. All of town should still unite behind one candidate, and I still strongly recommend that candidate be Golbat. Especially since, although very unlikely, there is a small (like abysmally small) possibility that Z-Boson could be telling the truth and we'd be losing a role-blocker.

The explanation that Golbat is scum is guesswork.

The explanation that Z-Boson is scum is that no NK occured.

If you think it's unlikely that scum would withhold the NK, then Z-Boson is guaranteed scum.

Why take the risk? We lynch scum here.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
August 25 2012 08:15 GMT
#1026
On August 25 2012 16:07 Obvious.660 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2012 14:12 goodkarma wrote:
@Obvious:

Can you explain to me why, with Golbat as your second scum read, you can't vote for him this day cycle? We will be getting to Z-Boson tomorrow, but I'd like to play this game extra-safe. All of town should still unite behind one candidate, and I still strongly recommend that candidate be Golbat. Especially since, although very unlikely, there is a small (like abysmally small) possibility that Z-Boson could be telling the truth and we'd be losing a role-blocker.

The explanation that Golbat is scum is guesswork.

The explanation that Z-Boson is scum is that no NK occured.

If you think it's unlikely that scum would withhold the NK, then Z-Boson is guaranteed scum.

Why take the risk? We lynch scum here.


There is no risk. I am 90% sure Golbat is scum.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
August 25 2012 08:28 GMT
#1027
It's also clear that Golbat isn't interested in playing. He can extend us the courtesy of yielding to a town victory once his scum partner is lynched without compromising his team's prime directive. If the remaining team is Z-Boson/Golbat and Z-Boson is dead, Golbat can surrender and we win.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
August 25 2012 08:39 GMT
#1028
On August 25 2012 17:28 Obvious.660 wrote:
It's also clear that Golbat isn't interested in playing. He can extend us the courtesy of yielding to a town victory once his scum partner is lynched without compromising his team's prime directive. If the remaining team is Z-Boson/Golbat and Z-Boson is dead, Golbat can surrender and we win.


Why not lynch the scum? We Know that Z-boson is scum but we also know that golbat is. Does it really matter? If GK wants to lynch Golbat first then there is no point dividing the town with a trivial matter of which of the almost guaranteed scum goes first.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
August 25 2012 08:40 GMT
#1029
That being said. I am fine with a Z-Boson lynch as well.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
August 25 2012 08:40 GMT
#1030
Especially since he has Gone AWOL since his 'claim'
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
August 25 2012 08:52 GMT
#1031
That's fine I guess. You let him decide for you. I'll decide for me.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
August 25 2012 09:11 GMT
#1032
On August 25 2012 17:52 Obvious.660 wrote:
That's fine I guess. You let him decide for you. I'll decide for me.


I don't see what your problem with working together with goodkarma is. This game is not about personal achievement. We have a shared win condition and if the best thing for town is to work together (which it is) to ensure our victory. I am not blindly sheeping goodkarma either. I have my own reasons for voting for golbat and I think it is obvious he is scum. If you have doubts read the last ~ 2 pages of GK filter and Golbats filter. There are some clues there that cement his guilt in my mind. It is important to be united in our vote. This will guarantee victory, by all means argue your points, but in the end we are stronger united.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
August 25 2012 09:53 GMT
#1033
On August 25 2012 11:50 Blazinghand wrote:
I'll do it.


Yep, brilliant man, really appreciate it. Like Kei says I'm out of town for a couple of days. Will be phone checking/posting, but obviously things like Vote Counts are a bit tricky.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
August 25 2012 10:23 GMT
#1034
Very well. He wants out, he can get out. I will write up two new cases for night phase. Bedtime.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: Golbat
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
August 25 2012 13:23 GMT
#1035
I wonder where Z -Boson ran off to? after his case on me and roleclaiming he has gone missing entirely...
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-25 18:53:07
August 25 2012 18:48 GMT
#1036
Vote count:

Z-BosoN (1): DarthPunk, Solarsail, Obvious.660
Golbat (4): Golbat, goodkarma, DarthPunk, Obvious.660

Not Voting: Z-BosoN, Stutter695

Golbat currently set to be lynched. Just over 5 hours until the deadline.

I'm home now, but taking a nap. I'll check back in in an hour or two.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
August 25 2012 19:12 GMT
#1037
I'm still here, I've just said all I could.

I've also presented you with a perfect winning scenario:

Solar and Golbat can't both be town, this is guaranteed. If they were, the whole scum team would just join Golbat's vote on Solar and win with 4 votes. So one of the two is scum.

Here is what happens if you lynch solar:
1) I am roleblocker and am telling the truth. He will be scum, and will testify that I'm townie, and we will have to look for the other scum.
2) I am lying about being roleblocker, and lied about roleblocking Solar. If solar is innocent, then Golbat is most definitely scum, and I am most definitely scum, GG.

Win-win. I don't understand why you are going for Golbat.

##Vote Solarsail
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-25 20:05:11
August 25 2012 20:03 GMT
#1038
Vote count:

Golbat (4): Golbat, goodkarma, DarthPunk, Obvious.660
Z-BosoN (1): DarthPunk, Solarsail, Obvious.660
Solarsail (1): Z-BosoN

Not Voting: Stutters695

Golbat currently set to be lynched. Just about 4 hours until the deadline, which is at 00:00 GMT (+00:00). Make sure you vote between now and then if you have not... Stutters695.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Stutters695
Profile Joined July 2012
2610 Posts
August 25 2012 22:08 GMT
#1039
Sorry guys I reformatted my laptop for GW2 and had some driver issues. I'd like to second Z-Boson's post here:

On August 26 2012 04:12 Z-BosoN wrote:
I'm still here, I've just said all I could.

I've also presented you with a perfect winning scenario:

Solar and Golbat can't both be town, this is guaranteed. If they were, the whole scum team would just join Golbat's vote on Solar and win with 4 votes. So one of the two is scum.

Here is what happens if you lynch solar:
1) I am roleblocker and am telling the truth. He will be scum, and will testify that I'm townie, and we will have to look for the other scum.
2) I am lying about being roleblocker, and lied about roleblocking Solar. If solar is innocent, then Golbat is most definitely scum, and I am most definitely scum, GG.

Win-win. I don't understand why you are going for Golbat.

##Vote Solarsail


We should either be lynching Z-Boson or Solarsail today without question. Currently its a 5/2 split. If we go after Golbat and he isn't scum for some reason unless there is no night kill again we put ourselves back into LYLO at 3/2 where every town has to hit the same scum or its GG.

If we lynch Solarsail or Z-Boson and we hit the wrong one, we still end up at LYLO 3/2 but we have essentially confirmed a scum (town has 0 reason to lie about being roleblocked or roleblocking in the circumstances it happened in). We simply lynch the other person next day and at least salvage it to 2/1 pretty easily. Note: everything from here on is WIFOM on trying to reason who to lynch, but it should be clear that one of them has to die.

So in my mind it becomes a question of if we should believe Z-Boson or Solarsail. Looking back at the facts we have these roleblocks claimed by the people who got blocked:
N1: DarthPunk
N2: Obvious, Darthpunk (Z-Boson claims he RB'd YH)
N3: None (Z-Boson claims he RB'd Solar, solar denies)

It's pretty safe to assume DarthPunk is telling the truth. He's had a pretty strong town presence all game and would be a fairly good RB target.

So that leaves 1 unexplained RB N2 and N3. If Obvious is telling the truth that backs Solar claiming Z-Boson is lying about his RBs and he's scum. If he's not it means both Solar and Obvious are lying and its hard to believe the scums would commit themselves together on something that's easily verifiable.

Of course the converse is if Z-Boson is telling the truth we lynch our RB in exchange for a gauranteed scum kill next round. I'm going to reread their filters now to figure out who I think we should lynch but I encourage everyone to consider one of those two as our target today.

Stutters695
Profile Joined July 2012
2610 Posts
August 25 2012 22:31 GMT
#1040
Ok after a holistic check of their filters and YHs I feel like Z-Boson is being truthful. YourHarry's filter almost completely ignores both Z-Boson and Solarsail. The difference is that Z-Boson had been accusing YH of being scum since D1 while ignoring cases made (just like he did against my case). His only pressure on Solarsail was his very early quote before just deciding "he's town nvm." The only other time YH really addresses him at all is his vote before getting lynched (looking more likely that it was a vote to distance himself from Solar).

Solarsail's filter is the same way as YH's in regards to each other. He doesn't focus YH AT ALL. He even goes so far as to say he had a soft town read on YH D1 and didn't think he was scum D2.

On August 18 2012 10:28 Solarsail wrote:
The Archrun death completely validates gk's post. I was already wavering on Thrawn yesterday early on and Ochrow's most recent post (before GK even said anything)

I'm less convinced on YourHarry since there is no direct link and I had a soft town read from yesterday, but there's two good candidates right there.

Lol Thrawn your vigilante claim is ridiculous. Vigilantes do not reveal that they are vigilantes over such a trivial matter as defending themselves, as the role is so powerful that scum have no choice but to kill you immediately.

##Vote: Thrawn

##FoS: Ochrow


All of his cases have been weak/nonexistant and against confirmed town until he sheeps a vote on YH when its obvious he's going to die. Since this he's again contributed nothing except saying Z-Boson lied.

Another interesting thing to note is that YH tunneled Golbat before switching to Solarsail before he died. This doesn't confirm Golbat as just a super terrible town, however if Solarsail should flip red it almost certainly does.

Thus I think everyone should vote Solarsail. If its wrong and he flips town then we have our lynch for tomorrow (Z-Boson) but if he flips red which I think is likely it essentially confrims Golbat as terrible town and confirms Z-Boson as RB while also leaving Obvious with a major thing to explain.

##Vote Solarsail
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 57 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
SteadfastSC 136
Rex 42
UpATreeSC 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33998
Calm 3430
Shuttle 2301
Jaedong 1732
Mini 635
Horang2 578
EffOrt 500
Soma 321
Rush 293
Stork 289
[ Show more ]
Soulkey 251
ZerO 219
Larva 217
BeSt 187
Snow 161
firebathero 116
Mong 100
Zeus 91
910 81
hero 79
Mind 71
sorry 44
Hyun 43
Free 37
Shinee 36
Sharp 35
Shine 30
ToSsGirL 28
Yoon 28
PianO 24
Killer 23
Aegong 21
JYJ 21
Bale 19
Terrorterran 18
Sexy 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Trap 14
Rock 12
HiyA 12
Sacsri 10
Hm[arnc] 10
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc5693
Dendi1247
420jenkins228
Counter-Strike
fl0m3787
x6flipin640
Fnx 78
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King76
ChuDatz31
Other Games
singsing2146
Liquid`RaSZi1222
hiko655
B2W.Neo647
dupreeh511
ceh9345
crisheroes323
RotterdaM319
Khaldor291
Livibee196
TKL 173
QueenE111
Trikslyr93
Dewaltoss62
ZerO(Twitch)16
Beastyqt12
C9.Mang00
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV261
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH293
• Hinosc 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3560
• WagamamaTV427
League of Legends
• Nemesis2621
Other Games
• Shiphtur755
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 57m
INu's Battles
18h 57m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
20h 57m
OSC
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.